_Mem_
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM

I love where's wally :poke:

But my favourite would have to be Winter of Fire by Sherryl Jordan. Not really "kid" but more young adult.

Elsha is one of the Quelled: a branded people, doomed always to mine coal to warm the ruling class, the Chosen. But Elsha has strange visions that set her apart - and a strong spirit that condemns her to death. Her life is saved when she is called to be Handmaiden to the Firelord, the most powerful being on the planet. Elsha is the first of her kind ever to be so honored - and both the Chosen and her fellow Quelled are stunned. But her powers and visions grow ever stronger, even in the face of extreme prejudice. Yet Elsha must learn the hard way that you can't play with fire without getting burned.

I do love Roald Dahl. Also like Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden (whom I'm collecting and have 5 more to go to finish my set).

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 AM

From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs Basil E. Frankweiler. - It's about kids that run away from home to live in a museum. It's AWESOME! And I've always wanted to spend the night in the museum.

Ashteacup

Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 AM

I was gonna say the Dear Dumb Diary books but then someone reminded me of Roald Dahl. And i just thought of the Shel Silverstein poem books. Which i plan on adding to my growing personal book shelf.

thelettervee
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2013, 05:30 PM

always a fan of Dr. Suess and Amelia Bedelia series <3 :D

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 11-17-2013, 09:03 PM

Hmm...I love the Tomie dePaola books. I can always curl up with some tea or cocoa and any number of his stories. :3

Admiral
Chancellor
Send a message via AIM to Admiral

Old 12-01-2013, 03:50 PM

I must say, there are a few books I read in my childhood that reading again as an adult has brought me nothing except joy.

One of them was The Two Princesses of Bammarre. It was and still is perhaps one of my favorite growing up, romantical, quest, and sisterly books. I never had a sister, being raised by guys, but if I did, I'd love for it to be exactly like the two princesses.

Another book that I read when I was ten was Beauty by Robin McKinley. I don't know what age group this book was intended for, but I nabbed it from my 6th grade teacher and uh, kept it. I reread it every year or two and it still makes me sigh and wish for my own fairy tale such as this one.

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 12-04-2013, 09:24 PM

My favorite is Guardians of Ga' Hoole by Kathryn Lasky. The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins is another favorite series of mine. I love re-reading both all the time.

Annichi

Old 12-05-2013, 05:50 PM

I love pretty much anything written by Cornelia Funke. ^^ Her Inkheart series is one of my favorites.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 09:10 PM

I used to read Spooksville series by Christopher Pike...good stories and because the stories revolved around the same characters and place there were surprising events in the earlier books that changed later ones...don't know if there was ever a proper end to the series though.