Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-28-2013, 08:04 PM

I really wish that Burmese Days by George Orwell had been made into a movie back in the day. It's too old and not popular enough to be made into a movie today, and I don't think its subject matter would have a wide appeal now. But I really wish it had been adapted at some point in its history. In the late 50s, maybe.

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 AM

I'd say the Harry Potter series but that's been done already. I think any of the books by R. A. Salvatore could turn into a series of movies.

Feralprince
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-30-2013, 11:56 AM

hmmm... I think that Stilllife with woodpecker by Tom Robbins would make an awesome sarcastic/romantic comedy kind of thing. Also, i know there is at least one older samurai/western of it, but I would love to see a modern remake of Musashi as a movie.

Also, I would love a Looking for Alaska (john green) movie. There are a lot of people i want to show the book to that don't read much fiction. Though... i could just as easily imagine that getting screwed up really bad.

Last edited by Feralprince; 04-30-2013 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: more thoughts:

Feralprince
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-30-2013, 05:17 PM

I have to make an amendment. More then any other book that I want to see turned into a movie, its City of Thieves by David Benioff. It is a seriously amazing story, with a lot of great visual elements that could translate quite well into a very unique genre defying film.

Also @Jaden RA Salvator is a dream crushing hack... I loved him until I got to the end of the third Drizzt book and discovered he basically just took a dump on the back of the manuscript and sent it in. And then because I'm masochistically optimistic I read like, 4 more of them anyway, only to realize that it was a complete waste of time. Ick... that movie would be even cheesier then his writing I bet.

Last edited by Feralprince; 04-30-2013 at 05:19 PM..

Kearin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kearin Send a message via MSN to Kearin Send a message via Yahoo to Kearin

Old 05-01-2013, 05:08 PM

Oh, there's so many I'd love to see. Some though, that I would prefer as a tv series though, rather than a movie. (Like Kelley Armstrong's Bitten is becoming a tv series in Canada! So excited about that even though I live in the US and nothing's been said yet about if it'll be available here too!)

Tamora Pierce's books would make some amazing movies or tv series! But I'd want a tv series for Alanna, Daine and Kel each.... that would eventually become confusing. ^.~

Enclave and Outpost by Ann Aguirre would be amazing! (Her Grimspace series would make an amazing sci-fi tv series! I'd love to see that too!)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 PM

Aly's story could be made into movies though, as could Becka's. That would be cool.

Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-03-2013, 05:29 PM

The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-04-2013, 10:16 PM

I don't know them. What are they about?

Seung Mi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-27-2013, 07:06 PM

Sharon Shinn's Samaria books.
Anne McCaffrey's Pern
David Weber's Honorverse
Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan Saga

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 AM

PERN! Oh yes! Definitely.

bubblemei
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-22-2013, 03:18 AM

I think that Sorcery and Cecilia or (alternate title) the Enchanted Coffee Pot would be a good choice. The biggest issue would be that it's letters written between two people but other than that, it's got great period clothing descriptions, which I know are big right now (and the time period could be popular at this time due to things such and Downton Abbey being popular) but at the same time it's a fantasy, so they could use fun new special effect technology. It's got a love story (two, in fact!) which seems to be vital to movies these days, and is clever enough for adults but not dirty or violent in a way that would impede a child from watching too.

AspieBookworm
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-06-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikio View Post
The Demonata Saga by Darren Shan.

Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant has made it as a movie, why not Demonata?
Even a TV series would be cool.
*sad faise*
I didn't like the ending for the Cirque Du Freak series. I threw the book across the room! And I never do that.

I'd love to see The Giver become a movie. Also, Midnighters and the Uglies series would make interesting television shows. I don't want them to be movies because it would out a lot of details. Plus, I like television shows better LOL

Rozenburg
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-08-2013, 11:03 AM

One book, or well I should say series, that I would love to see become a move series would be the Skulduggery Pleasant series written by Derek Landy. But it is quite a conflicting thing occurring with this dream if mine, seems apparently Derek Landy is too busy writing the last book in the series to need to worry about the movie at this point in time.

I completely understand the reason for that, but there are actually a few movie series, or should I say many are done without a lot of help contributed by the writer. But this is where I slowly get to the point WHY I think that it should become a movie. Well, it is just amazing, so first off I will suggest it to anyone who likes a good fantasy/mystery book. Secondly, that general theme seems to attract a lot of younger people these days, or so I have noticed. I might be wrong. But anyway, lastly I would like to say that the idea of the book itself (a whole world of magic hidden in secrecy, saving the humans from disaster time and time again) I find personally amazing. So there you have it. I hope that was influential. Probably not. But then maybe is was. Anyway if you think that was interesting my very brief description, you should read Skulduggery Pleasant!

Phil~

Bookwriter
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-08-2013, 08:36 PM

I think North of Beautiful by Justina Chen would make a good movie. It has a good message, and I think the teen crowd would love it.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 11-16-2013, 04:55 PM

I'd love to see Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett turned into a movie. Mainly because I could imagine the scenes while I was reading it. It seemed like a filmable book.