Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2013, 05:14 PM

This thread is to discuss the Warriors books by Erin Hunter. What do you think of the books? What would your warrior name be? What Clan would you be in? Basically, just anything about Warriors

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 05:25 PM

i haven't read these books
*goes to google*
=^.^=

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-30-2013, 05:33 PM

I haven't read any of these books either unfortunately. They do sound interesting based off of the synopsis.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 05-01-2013, 02:31 AM

I have not read the Warriors series, but the art of it reminds me of a book that I did read once called Tailchaser's Song. Has anybody else read it? It (also, I presume), is about cats. The cats talk to each other, are very intelligent, and it turns out their legends, basically their own pantheon of heavenly or hellish brothers end up 'existing' so it becomes rather 'kitty science fiction' all because the main prograganist (Tailchaser) tries to find a cat from whom he was separated and he wanted to find...

Kearin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kearin Send a message via MSN to Kearin Send a message via Yahoo to Kearin

Old 05-01-2013, 05:04 PM

The title caught my attention because I love cats~ I'm definitely going to have to look this series up! I've never heard of it. D:

Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 PM

@ The_Crow Hmm, I'll have to look that one up,, I've never heard of it, but it sounds interesting.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 03:52 PM

I really liked the first series of this book! After that, it just got weird...

Firestar was great.. I was going to name my orange cat Firestar and my gray tabby Graystripe, but I thought it would be too weird
(of course their names turned out to be Loshy and Boxers soooo xD)

Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 PM

Ha, ha. I f I got a cat I would totally give it a Warriors name, either an actual one from the books or one I made up, but, unfortuately, my sister is allergic to cats and my mom says we don't have money for a pet anyway.

I like the first and second series better than the others. I like the super specials or whatever they're called too.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 05-06-2013, 10:43 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Tailchasers-So...haser%27s+Song

This is the amazon.com page for Tailchasr's Song where you can read the official synopsis and reviews. It is for a paperback version. I recognised the art from the hardcover version that I originally read. Apparently to get that new now it is $150. I had returned it to it's owner and was later accused of not returning/stealing another book on cats. I insisted that the only one I had borrowed was Tailchaser's Song and I did in fact return it. With prices that high (and how she later contributed to my father being so depressed he attempted suicide by jumping in front of a train) it almost makes me wish I kept the damn book -_-; Almost. I actually have honour and integrity, unlike a certain handful of hypocrites I know.

Enough about my personal anecdotes though. The book itself has its own battle between light and dark and a bunch of learning along the way, including moral dilemnas such as slavery, and I'm not counting cats being pets to the creatures known as "M'an". I also recall there were some illustrations, as well. Also, the 'higher singing' played a vital role, part of the spiritual aspects.

Unlike Warriors this is a stand-alone tale. However I still am certain that anyone who likes or is curious about the Warriors series will enjoy Tailchaser's Song as well.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-06-2013, 04:32 PM

I'm rather surprised how few people who stopped in here knew the warriors series.

I love that it is written by three women, but still stays pretty much consistent throughout the books.

I can't remember if i ever saw any discrepencies in the book. But i do know i've caught a few typos. Silly typos. I'm personally only missing a few books and the mangas. And... most of the field guides. But i've got almost the entire collection, and it takes up an entire bookshelf by itself almost.
(the shelf below it is COMPLETELY filled with Tamora Pierce)

My favorite anything of the books is really hard to decide...
But it always makes me want to make my own warriors world. And i'm always thinking of stuff like what if other creatures clanned like this. What if there is something like this in birds? There are so many possibilities with the warriors series, and what it means for nature.

Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 PM

Finally a reply from someone who has read the books! I own a couple of them on my kindle but I usually just borrow them from the library. I'm in the process of rereading the first and second series. I'm rereading Firestar's Quest right now.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 PM

I'm going to actually be reading them to my daughter when she gets a bit older. (stops trying to chew the pages) Because they are amazing stories, not only for the warrior cat aspect (i love cats) but for the actual friendship and just... amazing lessons in it. Don't judge someone by their cover - tigerstar is a big one. I mean yes.. sadly its for a bad reason. but still. You also can't trust everyone out there. Many people are two-faced. and you can't always trust them completely.
Street smarts i guess is what i'm talking about right now with that.

I actually was working on a map once for 4 new clans. Because i really do wish i could get a GOOD rp going on it. or just write my own book. *shrug*

Though your title totally tricked me. I thought maybe you had some cool secret about the books or something. xD Very good title.

Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM

If you start a Warriors to n here I'd love to join, I have one of my own, technically two but one basically died.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-08-2013, 01:22 AM

It's really hard to get it going in here though... it's not really a great setup for a decent warriros RP. Or at least.. i'm not sure how i'd run it.

I know proboards is a decent way to do it.

Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-09-2013, 04:23 PM

So do you have a Warriors name? Mine is Rainstream.

DaniCalifornia
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-02-2013, 07:43 PM

I was OBSESSED with these books when I was younger! I own everyone, up until finale of the Power of Three, mostly in first edition hardcover.

My favourites were always the smart alecs, Greystripe, Cloudtail, Jayfeather etc, but Brambleclaw had a special place in my heart <3

The special editions are my favourite books in the series, particularly Firestar's quest.

My warrior name is Swiftpath, and I'm a part of Windclan, despite the test telling me I should be in Shadowclan hahahahaha

You brought back some serious memories right now

Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 AM

I love Brambleclaw.

My warrior name would be Rainstream and I'd be in either ThunderClan or RiverClan, or my made up Clan SpiritClan

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM

I keep seeing this series at the library so I think I'm going to end up reading it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-17-2013, 02:19 PM

I don't know what official tests say about my clan and warrior name.

But in fan stories my friends and I have written I was angelfur medicine cat of the ocean clan.

Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Nice! According to the generators I am Rockclaw of RiverClan, although for some reason when I use my name into the generator now it says my warriors name is 0..... I think there's something wrong with it right now.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-17-2013, 09:00 PM

Awww, that's to bad. :[

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 06-20-2013, 05:29 PM

So I went to the library to check out the first book, but they were actually comics! And there were two number 1s so I got confused and got nothing. Has anyone read the graphic novel of this?

Annabeth Rowanna Cullen
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-21-2013, 07:35 PM

The Warriors series is actually several series. There are a few graphic novel series.The actual first Warriors book is called Into the Wild and is a regular book. You probably saw two fo the graphic novel series.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 06-21-2013, 08:09 PM

Okay. I'll look for the Into the Wild one.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-22-2013, 08:56 PM

I have not read the graphic novels yet (the art bugged me a little but i plan to give it a try) except for one that was in the back of one of my books. sneak peek type dealio.

They're little side stories that took place somewhere that wasn't really important to the key plot. Kind of cool way to do it I think.