Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-25-2013, 11:14 PM

How do you feel about John Green's books? Which one is your favorite? What do you like about his characters, style of writing, etc.? How do you feel about The Fault In Our Stars film that is coming out? Have you read his collaborations with other authors?

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 12-27-2013, 12:51 AM

I've read two of his books so far. First was The Fault in Our Stars which is now one of my most favorite books and made me cry like a baby.

Second was Looking for Alaska which I TRIED to read but I just couldn't get into it.

I'll be trying Paper Towns next.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 12-28-2013, 01:42 PM

I've read and got all his books

My favourite is an Abundance of Katherines and I would never trust someone who didn't cry in the Faults in our Stars. I just hope the cinema provides tissue boxes because if its done well, I'm sure the whole cinema is going to walk out crying like babes.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson was a pretty cool book, though I'm not sure if I liked the other author's style too much.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 01-01-2014, 04:15 AM

The Fault in Our Stars, it almost made me cry. My friend made me read it because she said it was awesome. I don't regret reading it because it was amazing, but I hate it that John Green killed off one of the magor characters. John Green is such a character killer! I still love him as a writer though and will soon be reading Looking for Alaska, as soon as I finish the 30 other books I'm reading right now.

TricksterJANE
(ノ◕ヮ◕)...

Old 01-01-2014, 04:25 AM

My favorite John Green book had to be Looking for Alaska, god i cried so hard when i read it.

In my opinion John Green is one of the better writers going around right now, his descriptions and the ways he portrays his characters are so amazing and spot on.

Also I feel very well about the movie coming out, it seems very close to the book, so that's good, I'm sure I'll cry and flood the whole theater with my tears.

His collaborations i didn't like so much, Will Grayson, Will Grayson is one of my least favorite books of his.

But all in all he's one of my favorite authors.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 09:24 AM

I'm that weirdo who likes Will Grayson, Will Grayson and An Abundance of Katherines way more than the sadder books. They were just more interesting to me. That being said, I have read them all, and I'm excited for the TFIOS movie.

My main interest in John Green though, is as an internet personality rather than an author. His youtube channels are fantastic, and a lot of it is charity based, which is cool. At the moment he's doing a series of videos where he plays Fifa 14 and all the revenue goes to an actual (fan funded) football club in Wimbledon. It's very cool. (His brother Hank is cool too, but this isn't the place for that)

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-02-2014, 09:32 AM

An Abundance of Katherines is my favourite John Green book 8D I love the kind of books where there's little footnotes through it, just like Good Omens
I think I would've like Will Grayson Will Grayson more if the plot didn't seem a little forced.

And I jut have to say your Avi is wonderful! It's Elsa right?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 AM

Heck yeah it's Elsa. Is it weird to have a crush on an animated character? It's not, right?
Oh man, those footnotes in good omens are the best. Do you read any other Pratchett?

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 AM

I tried doing an Elsa Avi, but it didn't turn out as well as yours have
And no its fine, she's my Disney crush 8'D. She's taken of Esmerelda from The Hunchback.

Sadly no, I just read Good Omens like, last week But it's my favourite style of writing omg.
After I read some more books in my bookshelf I'm planning on reading some of his books. Any recommendation .

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 10:22 AM

There are 40 Discworld books (his main series which uses a lot of that format), but they're pretty freeform in terms of what order to read them in, my favourite books are his ones about Death, so I reccommend starting with Mort.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-02-2014, 10:25 AM

Alright then!
*adds to book lists of books to buy as rearwards *