Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 01-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Kendra's Memory Cupcake

Because a cupcake cookie jar is only fitting for a pastry chef to keep their memories in

Comments/conversation welcome!

Last edited by Kamikaze Kendra; 01-03-2014 at 02:02 AM..

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 04:47 PM

The Spartans won the Rose Bowl yesterday!!!! If that's not something that can make a life-long Michigan State fan happy for the first day of the New Year, I don't know what is! The game was really close and there were some questionable decisions made on the field, but we pulled it off! And I got to watch it with family and friends, which is always a good thing! But if the Spartans being at the 100th Rose Bowl - for their first appearance in 25 years - they managed to beat Stanford 24-20!!!

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal

Old 01-05-2014, 08:02 AM

My boss took me under his wing yesterday and had me work the hot line for the restaurant, at least making all of their sauces for them! Banquets has been super slow because nobody booked anything big over the holidays, but my chef is making up for it by having me help out the hot line and pantry, which means I'm learning so much more!
And one of our servers had his last day, which would be more sad if I knew him better... but it meant that we had ice cream cake, and that was awesome!

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal

Old 11-13-2014, 04:40 AM

I completely forgot about this thing!

So much has happened this year that I forgot to exclaim about!

I had two relationships that were fantastic while I was in them, even if they did end poorly. They both led me to grow as a person and I'm all the better for having those people in my life.

I moved out on my own for the first time, which was long overdue considering my age. Found and leased my very first apartment closer to where I'd gone to school. It's a lovely place, nice and spacious, and it's perfect for me. Along with the new apartment and location, I got a new job! I found a decent paying job as a deli/bakery manager for a local grocery store with fifteen locations, and I get to swing to all of those stores to cover for people's vacations and help out when they need extra hands. It's actually kind of wonderful. I've learned a lot, and while the management aspect is stressful, I can handle it.

My car started to die on me, which isn't that great, but it did lead me to buy my first brand new car! A 2014 Chevy Sonic LT... in this awesome color called Dragon Green Metallic! It drives so well, and while I'm a little anxious about taking on yet another new bill, that's definitely overshadowed by the awesomeness of owning a new car.

I've made a handful of great new friends through work and some failed dating attempts, as well!

Really, this year has been super busy but absolutely wonderful! I wish I'd remembered to update as it happened!