Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-31-2014, 08:00 PM

Akasa laughed and rubbed the top of his head. "Well then perhaps we will get along better then most thought." He nodded his head back towards the tent. "We can set out now or wait till tomorrow morning the tent will be yours to use if you wish to wait." Avani rolled her eyes she saw no reason to wait but would understand if they wanted to. She smiled at Erik. "You're in luck with the timing of this one of our main gatherings is about to happen." She smirked at Akasa. "Its one of the best times to really get to know our people."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:47 PM

" I think we can set out now." Erik glanced at Athena who nodded. "Good...should we trade horses as well?" He asked Akasa a soft frown on his face " I don't mind riding with out a saddle." " Don't those girls know it." Athena said grinning at his shocked look. " I would never...I haven't even...not once have I done that to a girl and you know it not even that time you found me drunk and unconscious on the streets." Erik stammered blushing softly.

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-31-2014, 11:54 PM

Avani chuckled and shook her head. Akasa laughed and shrugged. "It may be best to trade horses as these one arnt ours and will be turned back to their herd." He paused and looked at the saddled horse. "I've not ridden in a saddle in some time." Avani smiled and glanced at Athena. "Why dont you help me take down the tent and Akasa can get the horse more at ease with Erik." She wouldnt have had any issue taking the tent down alone but there was something she wanted to say to Athena without Akasa overhearing and she suspected Akasa might want to pass a word or two of advice to Erik.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:01 AM

" Alright." Athena left Erik with Akasa to greet the horse sugar cube in hand. " Is something wrong?" she asked Avani with a frown.

" Nice horse." Erik held out the sugar cube " I have an apple too if you want that instead." he had never been afraid of horses treating them with the respect they deserved.

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-01-2014, 01:34 AM

Avani shook her head and smiled cutting the lines and pulling up the stakes that held the tent in place. "No, not wrong. Just some things that need to be said and you know how guys can get with their pride. If there is a cause for a fight while you are watching over him stay on his right side. When we were younger Akasa saved my life but in the process he was wounded. He wont admit it but his right leg doesnt move as well as it should tho often he hides it." She smirked slightly as she twisted the rope around the stake and stuck it into a pocket on the tent. "And if he ever gets troublesome about following along with how things are done tell him it would insult someone or its the way lore has taught you. Use the lore one and expect him to want to hear the lore."

Akasa ran his fingers over the horses neck smiling as he half watched Avani and Athena talk as they took down the tent. He knew Avani would tell about his leg and he was glad she had chosen to do it outside of his earshot. "Avani will come to your aid when you need it. When you meet others do not bow unless she does and even when you do bow do not break eye contact. Watch how she holds her staff most often she will keeps the trident tip down and the bone hook tip pointed away from who she speaks to. If the bone tip faces them show great respect but be ready to fight." He sighed and turned to face Erik. "If she ever has the trident tip up do not leave her side." He pulled out what looked to be a thick pendent, the symbol of a hawk locked in battle with a phoenix on it. "Only if you have no other choice show this."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:43 AM

Athena nodded " I'll keep on his right side." she grinned at the rest " I'll use the insult one a lot then." she laughed " We do have a few lore's so maybe I can use that and come up with something."

Erik pinned it to the underside of his cloak " I'll do my best to try and blend in though she may have to save me from a few missteps. It's not like I'm perfect." he chuckled rubbing the horses head.

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2014, 03:58 PM

Avani finished rolling the tent around the central post and folded it in half, it was designed to be light and easy to carry but still strong enough to protect from storms. Picking up the now neatly rolled pack she headed back over to tie the pack on the horse. Akasa smiled at Avani and Athena as they returned his eyes locking on Avani's "uma ma' ten' rashwe, ta tuluva a'lle" Avani rolled her eyes and turned her back to him making sure the pack was on the horse properly. "I could say the same to you." She smirked and winked at Athena. "Dont slip into old tongue around people who cant follow it unless you want to insult them." Akasa shook his head. "I meant no insult you know that." He chuckled when Avani shrugged in response. "It's a teasing parting between me and her."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:06 PM

" Alright." Athena laughed and held Erik's horse for Akasa " He spooks easily so try not to spook him." she grinned slightly. Erik frowned softly " How exactly do you get on a horse with no place to put your foot." he gestured to his saddle " Just grab there mane and hope you don't fall off?"

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2014, 05:36 PM

Akasa ran his fingers lightly over the horse letting the animal calm before he swung himself into the saddle not bothering to use the foot-straps he shifted slightly trying to adjust to the seat. Avani smiled and nodded to the fallen tree the horses were tied to. "There are a few ways, You could use the tree as a stepping point or I could have the horse kneel for you to get on."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:14 AM

" Lets try it the first way." Erik said it was a slight struggle but he got himself on the horse " Hah!" he said with a grin. " Have fun Athena be safe." he ruffled the girls head

" You as well my lord." Athena bowed to him before springing neatly onto her horse " When ever you are ready my lord." she said to Akasa.

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 AM

Avani smiled glad he got up on his own rather then have the horse kneel. She lifted herself onto the other horse and nodded to Akasa before using her staff to grab the lead rope. "Try not to insult too many people." Akasa nodded and smiled at Athena. "Lead the way, and if you dont mind my lord is a bit formal for me." Avani chuckled nudging the horse into a walk and glancing at Erik. "I wont bother with that title stuff you are probably used to in formal cases and only if I must I'll use Heru en amin." She paused and smirked. "or with time Heruamin."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:05 AM

" What does that mean exactly?" Erik asked following after her " I don't mind not being called my lord will give me a break from the norm." he chuckled.

" But that is how we address lords or if you were a lady you would be my lady." Athena frowned softly " Unless of course if it was the king then it would be majesty or highness." she lead the way back to the other soldiers who froze seeing him "It's alright." she called to them " he is safe prince Erik has decided it would be good to explore there country so prince Avani will be exploring ours."

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 PM

Avani smiled letting the horse set the pace. "It's the same as saying my lord just in our old tongue, one is more formal then the other." She glanced back at him her eyes flickering over his clothing. "We only really speak it for very formal things." She smirked slightly. "Or when we dont want outsiders understanding us."

Akasa shifted in the saddle watching the other soldiers. He glanced at Athena. "You brought along other fighters, not very trusting."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:15 AM

" The king does not like to send the prince out with me alone." Athena said looking sour " There here because he think's I'm not good enough." she shook her head " Lets not talk about it my lord."

" I'll keep that in mind and not ask what things mean unless you say them to me." Erik chuckled softly " Something wrong with my cloths?"

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2014, 02:38 AM

Akasa shook his head and shrugged looking over the uniforms and chuckling. "Do they always dress alike, how do you tell the strong from the weak ones."

Avani shook her head. "Not wrong just different, its something Akasa and I could never understand about your people." She smiled seeing a few tents off in the distance her eyes glancing around for a banner. "Here even before someone speaks you know something about them, their fighting style, rank and of course their clan."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:52 AM

" Alright." Erik looked at the banner " Care to explain a little?"

" We don't really have a difference but the less elaborate the cloths the weaker they are." Athena shrugged " Most of the knights with me are my level or higher."

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2014, 03:40 AM

Avani nodded to the banner. "Our people travel in clans there are very few what you would consider towns. This is one of the Rah'edan clan camps. They tend the horses, go where they go. They provided us with these horses and the tent." She watched as a few on horseback headed towards them her eyes scanning over each of them quickly locking onto one who's hair was mostly shaved save a long mohawk, a dark tattoo curling around his arm she nodded her head towards him. "That one may try to bait you to a fight, do not rise to it he will beat you." She didnt mean it to sound as though she doubted his skill just as a fact.

Akasa shifted again in the saddle. "How far to your." He paused trying to remember the correct word. "City." He smirked slightly remembering him and Avani studying what he had thought at the time useless information.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:49 AM

" A day's ride." Athena said with a sigh " We will have to spend the night here and travel the rest of the way in the morning." she dismounted " If that is alright with you my lord? And yes city will work."

Erik nodded " I don't plan on causing any trouble while I am with you...though you don't have to worry to much Athena just likes to worry."

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2014, 08:21 PM

Akasa shook his head and dismounted. "I dont mind, a bit of time out of that saddle will be good and perhaps you can tell me some of the things I should know before entering your city."

Avani smirked slightly. "I dont worry over you, I know him and he has always been a hassle but out of respect he tempers himself around Akasa." She inclined her towards the others as they rode up. The man chuckled and inclined his head back dismounting his horse he nodded towards Erik. "Ya naa tanya?" Avani shook her head dismounting and letting one of the others take the horse. "Speak common Hari. This is heru en amin Erik, he is traveling with me as Akasa views their lands." Hari laughed and looked at Erik. "You dont look like much, do you even know how to hold a sword without cutting yourself."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:23 AM

" Of course I do." Erik shrugged gesturing to his sword " not that Athena ever gives me a chance to use it...But that's her job right?" he chuckled " My father taught me when I was little." he glanced at Avani hoping he wasn't messing up.

" Jus the basics like when you greet the queen she may extend her hand for you to kiss it." Athena offered her hand to one of the men who bowed his head over it and kissed it softly " My lady." he smiled at her " Like that only she would be majesty." Athena chuckled some court women will expect you to take there hand and kiss it without being shown there hand but that's court politics for you...I'll do my best to guide you threw anything you don't know."

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2014, 02:44 AM

"That was something Avani and I couldnt understand court politics, she compared it to clan pride among the Taur'ohtar." Akasa shook his head. "Although from what we hear your people think of us I doubt many of the court women would even bother with me."

Hari chuckled. "Being taught as a child and actually using a sword are two very different things." Avani rolled her eyes and nodded to Erik steadying the horse mouthing the word dismount. "Hari you let your mouth run away from you, do you really want to dishonor your home clan acting like a slighted child." Her voice cold and almost distant.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:56 AM

Erik dismounted carefully managing to keep up right " Yes." he grinned softly and turned to Avani smiling softly.

" True." Athena chuckled and yawned " Excuse me." she made a face " Lets get you settled in my lord." she lead the way to a empty tent " I hope it is to your liking."

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2014, 09:07 PM

Akasa nodded. "It suits me fine, often we sleep under open air." He glanced at the other fighters and chuckled slightly before glancing in the direction they had come from speaking more to himself. "It will be a shame to miss the gathering, it really is one of the more enjoyable times."

Avani smirked as Hari turned and walked off. She smiled at Erik. "We'll be staying in their camp tonight and in the morning we'll set out for Anthatal, depending on how much ground we cover we should arrive as things are really getting started." She started walking into the camp nodding in greeting to a few people they passed.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:25 AM

" What do you mean really get going?" Erik blinked following her.

" If that is all my lord...Good night." Athena half bowed to him then paused waiting to be dismissed.

Rogue Darkfox
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2014, 02:10 AM

Akasa smiled and nodded. "If you must call me that when others are around I will adjust but when it is just us I would consider it a personal favor if you would use my name."

Avani smiled walking to a small tent folding the tent flap open she walked inside and sat on one of the two bedrolls on the floor. She nodded her head to the other bedroll. "Most of our gatherings happen every half year. One in the fall one in the summer, this one happens Only every five years. The fall and summer ones are mostly trade and business, boring for the most part more a market I suppose. This one is more, it's hard to explain all at once." She yawned and laid her staff on the floor next to the bedroll. "Perhaps I can explain more as we travel."