Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-03-2007, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otohime
I HATE the Gummi Ships. >_>;
We agree with out there. -.- I just let my brother play them. Then when I try to play the gummi ship levels, it hurts my hands from all shooting. @.@ I never could figure out what exactly the point of gummi ships where. (Like what I was suppose to do with all the stuff I got. Never understood the whole building thing either). I just shot at things. xD

two bell silence
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Gummi Ships made my head hurt in KH2 :( I didn't understand them! I did spend hours upon hours pimping out my ship in KH1 though!

For a 50+ hour game, it seemed short. Maybe because it's all hack/slash/combo attacking and very simple button commands. The mini games were really fun to do. I was really fond of the 101 dalmation portion in KH1 <333

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2007, 01:53 AM

well, I do have to admit that with all the revamps they added to the gummi ship aspect of the game, it became quite confusing... however, once gotten used to, it's almost as if it's an entirely different game to play. And more than that, it's fun.

But, like I said before, they separated the gummi ship aspect from the rest of the game to where you didn't have to actively seek out new ship parts or improve upon your current ship in order to continue along in the game.

Smith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-03-2007, 05:26 AM

I love it!! I have finished both games so far, but I am replaying KH2 cuz I want to see the special trailer, cuz I just got 99% in my Jimmy Journal!! darn it!! and well so I have to get it, but I can't seem to pass sephiroth nor the poster game, I just needed to be .1 seconds faster! grrrr but I think I'm starting to sound obssesed x.x...

I didn't like much the gummie ship, I suck at that game, and I couldn't understand well how you make gummi ships v.v...

It's really nice, the thing I like the most is that you get to travel to different worlds and interact with characters of other games and disney movies, the playgame it's very nice too, I'm actualy gonna play Chronicles in a while, but I didn't get much the card system x.x... hehehehe >w<

pod79
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle
oh, and on one more minor note... it turns out that donald/goofy actually do help out in a fight... even though it may not seem like it XD

I once forgot to equip their abilities for a couple levels, and found myself dying quite a bit at certain parts after a while.
Are you kidding me? Donald and Goofy are the best team mates you could have. They have awesome skills, and I never changed them for any of the other characters in the different worlds. They would always save Sora and they had great and powerful special attacks.

And for certain monsters, if you set Donald right with the right magic, it would make things so much easier, same with Goofy's attacks.

People understimate Donald and Goofy just because they are "Disney Characters" and they are all like "ew" about it, which I find dumb. NOT that I am saying that you did that. I am just saying that some people do.

Balthier
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2007, 10:05 PM

Donald and Goofy just have to be used properly. If not, battles become much more difficult. I like to think of them as accessories. I always have Donald healing me and Goofy giving up his MP. Then, they run around doing little bits of damage or killing off weaker enemies, which help out for the time trials. I was told that Donald was useless, which I half thought until I tried it out for myself and realized his potential.

pod79
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthier
Donald and Goofy just have to be used properly. If not, battles become much more difficult. I like to think of them as accessories. I always have Donald healing me and Goofy giving up his MP. Then, they run around doing little bits of damage or killing off weaker enemies, which help out for the time trials. I was told that Donald was useless, which I half thought until I tried it out for myself and realized his potential.
Completly, you just need to set them right, I did kinda what you did, Healing was set to when the HP was almost done for (so he would not spend that much MP), same with Goofy, I equiped him with a lot of potions and elixirs, etc, and set him the right way so he would not run out of them. And yes, Goofy should not be doing his special attacks too much, otherwise he will run out of MP very fast.

I wonder if the person that said that actually tried out Donald, instead of just using him once and then putting him aside. I can understand that..ok, maybe he just can't stand the character, but Donald has potential.

Smith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2007, 01:43 AM

Yush I also had Donald healing me, I would died without him! cuz I never use potions so I really rely in him for keeping my health, and goofy... well I just put one of his skill so he dosen't eat his MP, but I really didn't like it a lot, I changed it to have the charrie most of the time.

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2007, 06:26 AM

I always chose the path of the warrior, so the only time I really use MP was for healing myself.... cure spell ftw :D

I would always set both donald's/goofy's abilities to just use them whenever they want... I know they're not stupid, they know how to fight :P so I give them the freedom to do so. I always make sure they're equipped fully, and now I remember to equip new abilities as they come.

It kinda sucked though, toward the end of the game, i had gotten (what I had thought was) their best weapons... and then found out that there were even BETTER weapons for them :evil: so i had to go farm more materials to make them.

pod79
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I always chose the path of the warrior, so the only time I really use MP was for healing myself.... cure spell ftw :D

I would always set both donald's/goofy's abilities to just use them whenever they want... I know they're not stupid, they know how to fight :P so I give them the freedom to do so. I always make sure they're equipped fully, and now I remember to equip new abilities as they come.

It kinda sucked though, toward the end of the game, i had gotten (what I had thought was) their best weapons... and then found out that there were even BETTER weapons for them :evil: so i had to go farm more materials to make them.
xDD

I know the feeling. It's kinda like making Ultima for Sora.

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod79
Quote:

xDD

haha, yeah, but there's only one of those, and the materials needed for it are hardly used in any other recipes...

it's kinda funny, because if you max out synthesizing, and you use one of the stones that halves materials needed... you can ALMOST make two of them... and THAT would be quite kickass :twisted:

pod79
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pod79
Quote:

xDD

haha, yeah, but there's only one of those, and the materials needed for it are hardly used in any other recipes...

it's kinda funny, because if you max out synthesizing, and you use one of the stones that halves materials needed... you can ALMOST make two of them... and THAT would be quite kickass :twisted:
Yeah.. xD

But I guess, for some people, making these weapons is not important. I like it though, even if I get frustrated at times while trying to get the items.

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 PM

The only items I really had trouble with were the dense crystals... as I only found one place where the nobody assassins spawn consistently late in the game. :roll:

DragonsRage24
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-06-2007, 03:57 PM

I've never played Kingdom Hearts to tell the truth, I've seen one of my friends play it a lot though, they seem to like it a lot. I was thinking of getting the game to try it, but its never in stores when I want to, and I end up spending money on another game I get hooked to.

Maybe I should try ordering it offline or somehting, it looks rather cool ^^

pod79
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonsRage24
I've never played Kingdom Hearts to tell the truth, I've seen one of my friends play it a lot though, they seem to like it a lot. I was thinking of getting the game to try it, but its never in stores when I want to, and I end up spending money on another game I get hooked to.

Maybe I should try ordering it offline or somehting, it looks rather cool ^^
Try ordering online it before they stop making it. It's a little old now. I hope they don't stop making it for some time though.

minty
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to minty Send a message via MSN to minty

Old 04-08-2007, 08:42 PM

I just started playing Re:Chain of Memories!

I still hate the card battle system just as much as when I played on the GBA but it is a little easier to navigate on the PS2. Sure wish I could read Japanese sometimes but I think overall I remember enough from the GBA game and where everything was located on previous KH games to get by.

I think I might have to start over though because I'm pretty sure I put it in Proud Mode on accident, cos I didn't understand what I was choosing.

Smith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 AM

Yeah, why did they make it like cards? ... v.v... it's a lil bit confusing to me T.T

I didn't knew Chronicles could be played in PS2 o.o...

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-10-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty
I just started playing Re:Chain of Memories!

I still hate the card battle system just as much as when I played on the GBA but it is a little easier to navigate on the PS2. Sure wish I could read Japanese sometimes but I think overall I remember enough from the GBA game and where everything was located on previous KH games to get by.

I think I might have to start over though because I'm pretty sure I put it in Proud Mode on accident, cos I didn't understand what I was choosing.
Chain of Memories is so unimportant... though I suppose it sets the plot for KH2...

Molotov21
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 AM

The Kingdom Hearts series is one of my favorite game series. :3

I love the way they combine the mythology of Disney with that of Final Fantasy. I love the storyline, as well. The only qualm I have with the game is that it's so short. x_x

dragon bound
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-11-2007, 01:10 AM

I got almost half way done with KH1 when my mem card vanished D: I haven't started playing again, but I own KH1, KH: CoM and KH2 for when I wave the urge to play again.

Jonath Nell
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-11-2007, 08:31 PM

I am a really huge fan of the KH games. I have been playing them ever since I got the first game, but it has been a while since I played the last one...

I think though that even if I already have KH2 I would still buy KH final mix+ if they bring it to america.

EmoKillerLol
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to EmoKillerLol

Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 AM

lol my little brother is a pro at "Kingdom Hearts" games <3 and hes only 12 xD ,he can beat expert O_O

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-12-2007, 02:52 AM

That's really not saying much. Even on Proud Mode/Expert Difficulty, I found the games to be quite easy.

if you want a HARD game, try God of War on Expert. Jeebus. And God of War II is only harder. D: <3

EmoKillerLol
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to EmoKillerLol

Old 04-12-2007, 02:56 AM

omg yeah? i'll rent it (one day) Dx i'm so low on cash

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-12-2007, 03:02 AM

I warn you though- God of War is NOT a little kids' game. It's rated 'M' for a reason.