Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-23-2015, 01:31 AM

When Daphne, Lady, and Tony arrived home they were greeted by the lovely smell of dinner being worked on and their father on the phone having a discussion with someone about something neither understood. Lady yawned and walked over to her food an water bowl once Daphne removed the leash from her. "Hello you two. Sorry we didn't go as we planned, this unexpected phonecall has been going on for a while now." their mother explained. "It's alright mother, we had a good time nonetheless. Pharom ran into us and talked to Daphne about some boy named Thomas who lied to him about being serious with her." Tony explained and smirked. "Looks to me like Daphne has some guys crushing on her." he teased.

Daphne blushed and shook her head. "Perhaps I do but I only really like Thorn. He's my best friend and the only boy who actually ever talked to me when I was new." she answered simply. Her mother chuckled softly, "You really like him don't you Daphne?" her mother asked and this confused Daphne. "What do you mean mother?" she asked. "Oh Daphne, it's crystal clear to everyone who sees the two of you, that you both have something special. He really cares about you, a mother knows these things." her mother explained and motioned at her husband to come to the table for dinner as she started serving. Her father ended the call and apologized, giving him wife a quick kiss before taking his seat. Hearing something loud outside, Daphne gasped and quickly walked over to the living room window where she looked out and saw Thorn fallen to the ground. "Thorn!"

Daphne gasped and quickly opened the door where she helped him up to his feet and cried in fear when she saw that he was bleeding. "Mother! Father! Thorn is hurt!" she cried and quickly her father ran over to her side and helped Thorn into the house here he helped him onto their couch. "Pharom what happened?" he asked. "D-did Thomas do this to you?" asked Daphne with a worried look on her face. Soon even her mother, Lady and even Tony were looking at Pharom's wound. "Oh dear, we need to take care of that now." said her mother. "Go get the medical supplies. Daphne you want to be a nurse this will be perfect practice, let's see if you can tend to this wound." her mother commented.

Quickly, Daphne ran to get the supplies and then returned. They gave them some room so that she could take care of him. Daphne was blushing right now since she realized she needed for his shoulder to be exposed. "I need to see your shoulder Thorn that way I can start cleaning it." she explained softly.

Lagordir blushed at the kiss on the cheek. He and Lilly had gotten closer and not many people liked that, this made Lagordir a target for sure but so far no one had told him anything. "You're welcome Lilly. I know I don't have to, but I want to. I want to make you all the things you ask for because I like seeing how happy you look when I give you something." he explained and frowned, "I know it's not a lot, but I hope you like them anyway. I know I'm just another person that can't buy you all the best jewelry or all the best clothes, but I work really hard on the little things I make you. I want them to be perfect, j-just like you are to me." he admitted and blushed brightly. He had never told her this before but it was true. He had grown to really like Lilly, perhaps it was even love but he didn't know. When she said that she loved him, he looked at her surprised, was she serious? Ping wrapped his arms around her in a loving hug and sighed happily. "You don't need to worry about me Lilly, I'll be fine. Someday I will have my own smithery and I'll be able to make you everything your heart desires." Ping explained.

"You would do that?" Ping asked and looked at her happily, "I'd rather just spend time with you princess. I can explore and work any day, but spending time with you is much more important to me." he answered softly and kissed her knuckles softly. She was the most important person in his life, nothing and no one was going to take her away from him. No matter what happened, he'd always make his way back to her. He didn't care if that meant having to walk on lit charcoal for miles, he'd do it if it meant being able to be with her again. It was then that he realized something, "I think I'm falling in love with you too." he whispered.

Lady Chello
Love's EvergreenGoddess!!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Lady Chello

Old 08-23-2015, 02:46 AM

Thorn was surprised when he felt himself being moved. He had a feeling that he was tired or either losing to much blood, due to the fact that Candy looked even more like a angel than normal. He looked to his shoulder as he heard Candy. He slowly removed his shirt not thinking anything of it. He looked at his own wound as he laughed softly. " It's only a scratch it will heal." He said as he looked to Candy's worried face. He frowned hearing her mention Thomas name. "I don't wish to talk about it." He said coldly not wanting to speak of anything that had happen between them. "However someone may want to call the doctors for him. If I didn't kill him I came very close. I doubt he will be moving for a while. (If ever)" Thorn said at more of a whisper. He knew that the his punch had nailed Thomas square in the face. The impact along was enough to kill most. Thomas had asked for it, for so long that Thorn had enough. Thomas would be one less bully in Thorns life so he could focus on Candy and keeping her and her family safe.

Thorn smiled softly as he looked to Candy trying to make her not worry so much. " It isn't that bad your the nurse in training. I am in the best hands am I not? So even if it was bad you could mend me back to health." He said to her as he smiled at her warmly. " Look at it this way I'm sure you could use this accident for extra credit and to count for some of your hours you need practicing." Thorn said as he tried to remain calm looking into Candy's eyes. ' Now what did the head mistress tell you to do first in inspecting a wound? " He said trying to make Candy's mind focus on the task at hand. He knew that Candy was already one of the best nurses and trusted her with his life. But he knew he needed her to see him as a patient and not as Thorn. "Systems: Lightheaded, loss of blood, and extremely tired. The wound is small but deep. " He said trying to sound like Candy's teachers trying to help her see him as any of the dolls they practiced on.

Lilly blushed as she felt Ping wrap his arms around her. She was going to answer but his kiss on her knuckles sealed her silence till he was through. Lilly's eyes widen as she heard what he had whispered to her. His words made her heart race as she felt like she was in a dream standing there. However Lilly snapped back to reality as she heard soldiers approaching. She could tell they where just changing guard and going the other way. However it was enough to remind her where she was. Lilly peered up at Ping as she softly kissed his check loving his arms around her. "Then lets go somewhere for the mean time where we can be ourselves without eyes and ears watching us." She said at a whisper to him. " And Ping I don't want fancy things. I would rather have a day with you than any fancy item. Silly Elf I just want you happy. Haven't you learned by now all the things you make to me are beautiful and truly one of a kind? " She said softly as she gazed up at him. "But we should get out of hear before my father sees us. He already views me as a failure." She said softly. "I'm not the kind of princess he wants. " She admitted as she hung her head softly. " If I had it my way he wouldn't be king and there would be no war. Humans have a right to make a life here just as we do. I don't believe the stories I believe that we had darkness in our hearts before the humans came. Maybe the humans just helped to show us all the evil we feared in ourselves. " Lilly said softly.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-23-2015, 04:57 AM

Daphne frowned and nodded, "I understand. I apologize for asking." she said softly and shook her head at his comment about it just being a scratch. Her father left the room to go make that phonecall, even if it was obvious this fight was a personal one, no one needed to die because of it. Daphne's mother and brother watched in silence, letting her work at her own pace. "In the best hands? I'm not so sure sir, but I'm trying my best.' she said quietly as she focused on the wound once his shirt was off. Daphne made sure to listen to Pharom and sighed. "You need to stay hydrated and lay down. Deep wounds take longer to heal and have more bleeding time." she answered. She couldn't remember if that was correct or not but it sounded about right. She decided to get this all over with, first of all she needed to clean the blood so she started on that before she even thought of anything else.

Lagordir smiled when he saw her blushing, she looked pretty when she blushed. He then blushed softly at the kiss and let go of Lilly. "You're right, we should go before the guards see us." he agreed. Her words really reassured him, she enjoyed his company. She liked him for who he was not for what he did and that said a lot about a person. "Well I want you to be happy too Lilly, you deserve to be happy." Lagordir said and frowned."You are not a failure, not in my eyes anyway." he said and held her hand in his. "Lead the way princess." he said and smiled at her.

Lady Chello

Old 08-23-2015, 05:22 AM

Thorn kept silent as he let Candy gather her thoughts. He just sat there as he waited for her to do what she needed to do. He thought about many things as he sat there. He didn't look at anyone other than Candy now and then. He kept his eyes on the floor for the most part. He planned on cleaning Candy's house once she was done so they wouldn't have his blood every where. It really was his luck to never be able to have a normal planned date with Candy. He seemed to attract trouble it seemed now days. Thorn wasn't really sure why. All he wanted was just to spend time with Candy. He still wanted to take her to the library. He knew how important becoming a nurse was to her. The new books would give her a edge in her classes and he wanted her to have all the advantages she could. He wanted her to be happy and to succeed.

Lilly frowned not liking Ping removing his arms from her but she knew it was for the best. Lilly lead the way away from the palace as she finally turned and looked at him. " Ok I lead up us away from that awful place. Now it's your turn to lead the way. Do we need to go to your house first? I know your parents are very strict I don't want you in trouble. "Lilly said as she smiled at him. " Besides I'm sure that we can find something fun to get into. " Lilly said as she smiled at him.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-23-2015, 07:18 AM

Daphne just frowned as she cleaned the wound on both sides then gently rubbed some gel on it to make sure it wouldn't get infected before placing some gauze on both sides carefully. Once that was done, Daphne grabbed the bandages and started to wrap it around the wound carefully but tightly so that it wouldn't become loose and fall off. "I think I'm done." she said quietly to no one in particular. "Good job sis, it looks good don't you think mother?" Tony asked. "Yes it does. You'll make a great nurse Candy dear." her mother praised. Still, she didn't feel very happy and Thorn didn't seem too happy either. "I think we should let him get some rest. I'll go get him some water." Daphne commented and quickly left to get some water and returned, handing Thorn the glass of water. "Here you go sir." she said quietly.

Lagordir frowned slightly, his parents would probably yell at him for bringing the princess to their house when she had better things to do. But if they did go to his house, he could show her all the things he had gotten from his travels, perhaps even give her some. They could also talk about them and the confessions they both just made. "W-well alright. Just...don't say anything to them, I'll do the talking." he said and started leading her back to his house where his parents were waiting for him inside. His house wasn't a palace, but it was big enough to be considered comfortable. "Lagordir, we were starting to think you had run off again on your silly adventures." his mother said and then noticed Lilly. "Why is the princess here? Did you kidnap the princess? Do you want to get us killed?!" her mother scolded. "No mother. The princess and I are friends and she just wanted to come over. That's all I promise." Ping answered quietly.

Lady Chello

Old 08-23-2015, 08:05 AM

Thorn kept quiet as he took the water and stared at it for a moment. His eyes then shifted to Candy as he laughed and then proceeded to smile at her. "Sir? So when did I become sir?" He said to her as he chuckled again and just gave her a playful grin." So a few classes of training and a summer of growth spurts and I'm sir to you?" He said just picking on her more than anything. "So in a year or two you wont be caught dead with me and when we make it to high school your going to address me as grandpa?" He said as he just shook his head. " I my aging is different from yours but we don't age that fast. I honestly thought you where going to be My Candy. I didn't know that meant till I changed. Sir....please that is my father and brother. I'm not old enough for that tittle. I thought we where friends now I'm getting formal tittles from you. I must be doing something wrong." He said in a playing tone trying to pick at Candy to make her forget her worry and to make her smile. He didn't want her worrying or her family. In all honesty he had come to love her family even Tony.

"Ah..." He said as he looked to Tony remembering the letter he had from one of the local girls. " Here this is from Ona I'm not sure how she knew I'd be seeing you." He said adverting his eyes as he held out the later he had retrieved from his back pocket happy to see it wasn't damaged or bloody. Thorn was well aware of why Ona chose to give it to him. Everyone seemed to know how he felt about Candy even if he couldn't say it out loud or to Candy as most did. He had asked her though to be his Candy and to him that was a declaration of his feelings. However he knew to most people that didn't count. Ona knew good and well that at some point he would try and find Candy. Everyone knew that is where he would be at some point even his own parents. Thankfully they adored Candy and her family.

Lilly nodded and kept quiet as she felt the tension between Lagordir and his parents. She still held onto his hand tightly as she stared at the two people before her. She looked from one to the other honestly understanding now why he as hesitant about her offering to help and meet them. However she offered a warm smile as she tried to act as friendly as she could. She gave a royal bow of her head to them addressing them as she had been taught by her father and advisers. She wanted to put them in their place and yell at them for talking to Ping as they did. However she bite her tong to keep her silence. He had asked her not to speak so she wouldn't but she didn't like how he was treated. She knew that at the end of the day they where his parents for better or for worse. Lilly stood there as she felt on display again as she did most days. She wondered how so many people knew who she was. It wasn't like she wore the lavish crown her father kept insisting she wear. She wore simple clothes today she was dressed in a little revealing attire due to her weapon training. Her father had thought it best for her to know how to defend herself. Honestly she liked the clothes for training. They where freeing and she didn't have to be in some stuffy dress with elaborate designs. Lilly felt awkward just standing there like a doll. But for Ping she wold endure it. He knew his parents better and she didn't want to do anything to make his life rougher than it already was. She knew that he had suffered some because of their friendship this was just the first time she had saw it in person.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-23-2015, 08:57 AM

Daphne only frowned and looked at the floor. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you some more." she said and picked up her supplies before leaving to put them away, then made her way back to the living room where Thorn was still sitting. "Are you feeling a bit better at least? Did I at least do something right?" Daphne asked. She really didn't mean to upset him, she just called him sir because nurses didn't call their patients by their first name. Did this mean she wasn't his candy anymore? What was that supposed to mean? Did he not want to be her friend anymore? The thought of not being with Thorn saddened her.

Tony took the letter, slightly confused and opened it as he started reading it and a smirk came to his face as he read it. This Ona girl sounded adorable. "Excuse me. Mother leave the two of them alone, go see what father is up to. You should enjoy a dinner date with him." he suggested and quickly left to his room to reply to the letter. If he ever saw Ona, he'd have to talk to her, she seemed like a really nice girl and he already was liking her name.

"The princess, your friend? Right. Well when your 'friend' is gone you go straight to bed okay?" his mother said. "Oh, and stop going on your silly adventures okay? It's not funny and you can get seriously hurt so stop it Lagordir!" his father warned. Lagordir frowned, how could they ask him to stop doing what he loved? They might as well tell him to stop leaving the house in general. He wasn't going to stand for this, he loved to travel and he didn't care what they said. He only nodded and quickly walked past him and into his room with Lilly where he sat on his bed and sighed. "I apologize for you having to see that Lilly." he said softly and offered a small smile.

Lady Chello

Old 08-23-2015, 09:40 AM

Thorn looked at Candy confused as he tried to understand why she looked hurt. He then hung his head realizing what had happen. He was going to speak but waiting for Tony to speak. Once they where alone Thorn gently reached out and took Candy's hand as he pulled her to him. He pulled her down to his lap being very protective with her as he did so making sure she wouldn't injury herself. He wrapped his right arm around her as he held her once she landed bridle style in his lap. He gently took his left hand holding her as he gently kissed her hand before speaking. " Candy you did nothing wrong. I always feel better around you. I thought you would know by now how much I care for you. I have never fought for any girl before in my life. You are the one person that I would fight for always. I said those things to pick at you in play. I was not meaning them to hurt you. I thought you knew by now I would never hurt you knowingly and I will always do my best to protect you. " He said as he hung his head the sadness showing for the first time as he sat there with her.

He finally looked up at her as he allowed her to see how upset he truly was. "Daphne "Candy" Thompson you have never done anything wrong. In my eyes you are perfect the way you are. I knew the moment I met you that you where special. You are the only person that makes me want to be better than I am. I couldn't image a day without you. That is why I asked you to be MY CANDY. I have no intention of ever sharing you. Maybe my intentions where not clear. I promise to protect you, to love you as you are, to keep you happy, and to always be by your side. I understand you may not love me like our parents love one another. But I will always protect you and in my eyes you will always be beautiful and perfect. Please don't ever feel you have upset me. The truth is I doubt you could. I am more upset with myself for hurting you and making you feel you did something wrong. " Thorn admitted as he gazed into her eyes allowing her to see his true feelings for her.

"Thomas has always had issues with me. I have never really stud up to him till today. I stud up to him because he doesn't love you. He said things that he wanted to do to you that enraged me. I want you treated like the jewel you are. I wont allow any man to just have you. You are to be treated with care and love not like someones property. I guess I want someone to treat you like I do if not better. Thomas knows because of my parents that when your out I follow you to ensure your safe. At night I take guard outside your house. Tony knows he has seen me a few times. I can't explain my feelings for you but I want you to know now harm will come to you as long as I'm around. And Candy you will always be my Candy. Because there is no room in my heart for any other." He said softly to her as he kissed her forehead gently and wrapped his other arm around her letting her hand go. A soft smile appeared on his lips as he sat there content with just holding her. "Candy I love you even if you can't love me back. I know because your the only person I can't live without. My father has spoken to me on this subject. He told me that if you can't image your life without that person that is truly the one you love. There are different types of love but for now I am just happy getting to hold you. I don't expect you to say you love me back. I am far more mature than you due to my race. I understand that you may not even know your own feelings. I just want you to know my feelings will not change for you." He said softly as he smiled still content with just holding her.

Lilly didn't have time to react to what had happen as she found herself being drug along. She was still trying to compute everything that had happen as she found herself alone with Ping in his room. She kept quiet for a while trying to figure out what to say or do. Finally she smiled back at him and spoke. " You have nothing to apologize for. I am just sorry you must live like this. I knew that your parents where tough on you. I knew they didn't like your "adventures." Even with half of them where for me. If I had known I would have never asked you to be my friend nor encourage you to spend time with me. I was selfish it appears and didn't understand what misfortune I was putting you through. Don't say that it was your choice. I know that most of your choice was because of my title. I guess that is the one thing the people of the palace don't think about. I am not sorry for meeting you. You have open my eyes and made me a better person you still are. I will try and be a better friend to you so maybe you wont have to suffer so much on my behalf. I will stop the schooling at the palace and come to you instead. I will also do a better job of thinking of others. If I had it my way you would live in the palace with me as the royal blacksmith. But that wouldn't be fair to you. I would be no better than my father if I did that. Thank you for teaching me even though it appears it has coast you more than even I knew." Lilly said as she looked down at his bed in silence. "I thought coming here would make it easier on you. I didn't realize it was only going to make it worse. If you want I can go home. You know that the forgotten city is still yours to use. I feel that I owe you more than I can repay you. I can give you whatever money you need to...." Lilly went silent as she sat there. She could give him whatever money he wanted and he could leave but she wasn't sure if that was really the answer. She wasn't even sure after this if he wanted to be near her. She had been selfish over the years and had wanted him for herself. She had been the one who wanted to spend time with him and begged him. She had no right to ask anything else from him. She honestly feared that he would leave and may not come back. If he left for Aphirea she would never see him again. Though maybe if would be better for him she thought in silence. She really wanted to scold herself for how selfish she had been all these years. She loved him but all she apparently did was hurt him.If he chose to leave she would help him any way she could. He had done so much for her, and besides Dragon had said if you love some one you let them free no matter how pain full it was.

As she sat there she thought more on the talks her and Dragon had. He might have been her teacher but he was more of a brother and father to her. All this time she just thought he was giving her old quotes when he was really telling her about her relationship with Ping. She wondered if he knew more about their relationship than she did. Maybe once she got back she should talk to him depending on what happen here.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-23-2015, 09:01 PM

Daphne blushed slightly when she was pulled into Thorn's lap. "Thorn you need to be careful, you're hurt." she reminded and smiled nervously when he kissed her hand. "Thorn...I know you care about me a lot. You always do your best to keep the other boys away from me." she commented and chuckled. Hearing his words confused Daphne at first. What was all this supposed to mean exactly? "Please don't be sad Thorn. I am not upset with you it's okay. I just didn't know what you meant. I thought you were saying that I wasn't your candy anymore. I was saddened by the thought of not seeing you again, I really enjoy being your candy Thorn and I want to continue being your candy." she explained softly.

Hearing him say her full name made her heart flutter like a butterfly. A shy smile appeared on her face as she listened to him speak to her about how he felt towards her. She remembered what her mother had said, that it was obvious that Thorn really liked her with the way he behaved around her. "I AM your candy Thorn." she said and pouted sadly. "I am not going to be anyone else's candy I promise, you don't have to worry about that." she assured and blushed brightly. Thorn was the kindest person she had ever met, she couldn't bear to think of being away from him. She wanted to always be HIS candy, no one else's. "Y-you love me?" she asked and with her free hand, Daphne smoothed out his hair.

"I'm glad you stood up to him, I'm just sad you got hurt. Perhaps I should talk to him. Maybe if I tell him to leave you alone he'll leave you alone?" she suggested and offered a smile but it faded quickly. "He said things he wanted to do? W-what sort of things did he say?" Daphne asked, she was very curious to know exactly what had been said about her but would understand if Thorn didn't want to speak of it. Her arms wrapped around his neck loosely as she sat there and listened. Judging from what she was hearing, Thomas had probably said some really mean things about her. "Thorn.." she started but let him continue to speak until he had finished, blushing at the kiss on her forehead. He was right, she couldn't say she loved him since she wasn't sure what that felt like but she could say that she enjoyed being with him very much. "That is the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me, and the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me." she said happily. "I can't say that you're right, I don't understand what that is yet or what it feels like but I can say that I enjoy being with you Thorn. I always am looking forward to seeing you." she said and smiled happily at him.

"It's quite alright Lilly, I'm used to it by now. This is still them in a good mood, when they're truly upset that's when I truly run for it." he explained. He didn't want to tell her that they would beat him at times if they caught him, he didn't want to worry her. His heart sank when she mentioned never asking him to be her friend, "Y-you don't want to be friends anymore?" he asked and frowned. "Lilly none of this is your fault I promise!" he said, hoping she still wanted to be his friend. "I love being your friend Lilly, my parents have always been this way so please don't blame yourself for it." he said and raised an eyebrow. "Your title? You think I'm friends with you because of your title?" he asked, getting confused. "Lilly I'm friends with you because you're Lilly. Not because you're the princess." he explained and sat beside her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders gently. "Please don't compare yourself to your father Lilly, you are different from him. You have different views, you are your own person. You don't need to be like him, you should be able to be whoever you want to be." Lagordir explained.

"I don't need money, I'm fine with what little stuff I have." he started and smiled at her. "Now then, don't be sad Lilly. I don't like seeing you sad because of me." he noted and then opened a drawer before pulling out a beautiful hair brooch he had made a while back just for the practice. He had planned on giving it to his mother but she would probably throw it away like everything else he made her. "I want you to have this. I was going to give it to my mother but I think you'll appreciate it more than she will." he said and handed it to her. "I was making it just to get some extra practice. Took me longer than it should have." he explained.

Lady Chello

Old 08-27-2015, 05:38 AM

Thorn smiled as he heard Candy. He gently nuzzled his face with hers as he held her. He couldn't help but smile as he listen to her. " You are my Candy. I will not repeat what was said because it should never had been said. Just know I doubt he'll say such things again. I wish you would stay away from Thomas. " He said softly as he closed his eyes resting some with her there. "I'm better now that I have you. If you would like to read one of your books I'll hold you. I am happy to go with you to the library with you still. Just please move slow. And if you wish to go I may have to borrow a jacket from your brother or father. Walking around exposed may cause some discomfort for us both. " He said not minding being bare chested around Candy. "It may be wise for me to borrow a shirt or clothing from your brother for respect for your mother. " He said trying his best to be respectful.

Lilly looked at Ping as she smiled softly for him. She was surprised by the brooch as she looked at it gently taking it. "It's beautiful just like all your pieces. You should save it for someone special or a special occasion. You put a lot of work into this." She said softly running her fingers along each flower amazed by it. She smiled softly as she peered up at him. " I thought that maybe I was to blame for your troubles here. " Lilly said trying to explain herself. " I'm glad you like me for me. I love you for you. Just the way you are. " She said smiling as she looked around his room. She blushed softly as she realized where she was. Lilly averted her eyes not wanting Ping to see her blush. This was the first time she had been in a males room.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-27-2015, 09:12 PM

Daphne smiled and nodded, "I understand Thorn. I promise to stay away from Thomas and if he ever approaches me I'll be sure to let you know." she promised and watched him rest. His words made her blush and smile warmly, "You need to rest Thorn, but I'll go ask Tony for a shirt. Wait here okay?" she said softly and quickly left to Tony's room and knocked on the door. "Yes? What is it?" Tony asked. "Brother do you have a shirt that Thorn can wear?" she asked. Tony then opened the door and looked at Daphne suspiciously before walking to his closet and pulled out a grey button up shirt. "Here you go, I got plenty so he doesn't have to worry about returning it." he explained. Daphne smiled ant took the shirt then noticed he was writing a letter and giggled. "Thank-you brother." she said and left after Tony closed the door.

Walking back to Thorn, she carefully helped him put the shirt on and buttoned it up. "There we go, looks nice on you too." she said and thought for a moment. "I don't think it would be fair to you if we went to the library. Perhaps it would be best if I read one of my books that I already have here?" she suggested.

"Save it for someone special?" Lagordir repeated and smiled, "Well I think I saved it long enough, and now it's yours." he said softly. She was right, he had put a lot of work into it. He always put a lot of work into everything he made, if he didn't like it he would destroy it and try again. "I'm glad you like it Lilly." he said and shook his head, "None of this if your fault Lilly. My parents have always been like this, sometimes I just want to run away you know? I don't though, I stay here because I have a reason to stay here. If you weren't here I would have left a long time ago." Lagordir explained. He listened to her and took the brooch from her hand and carefully placed it in her hair. "Beautiful." he commented softly and then noticed the blush on her cheeks. "Is something wrong?" he asked curiously.

Lady Chello

Old 08-27-2015, 10:24 PM

Thorn smiled as she waited for Candy to return. He was thankful for the help putting the shirt on as he heard her commit about how he looked in it. "If you like this then maybe I'll see if I can't find more." He said as he smiled at her softly. "If you are sure I'll happily listen to you as you read. Or is there something else you wanted to do? " He asked wondering if maybe he was boring Candy. He honestly didn't care what they did as long as he got to be with Candy. She was and would always be worth any pain he may have to endure.

Lilly shook her head no as she forced a smile trying to hide her embarrassment. "Uh...no there is nothing wrong. I just never expected to be in your room." She said softly just above a whisper embarrassing herself even more as she did so. "It's not normal for a girl to be in any males room." She said softly as she looked back to the floor. She thought about what he said as she blushed even more. " You are the first person to make me blush so. Thank you for your kind words. I hope I can always be your reason to stay. However I don't want you unhappy. I'm sure we could find you some where else to live if you want me to help you. However if you want to do this on your own I'll obey your wish and let you."Lilly said softly as she wished she wasn't blushing so much. She had heard him say beautiful however she was unable to talk at this point. Her face was a brilliant red from blushing so much.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-27-2015, 11:41 PM

Daphne smiled and chuckled softly, "I do like the way it looks on you Thorn." she admitted and nodded, "Yes I think it would be best to just read a book I already have that way you can get some rest." Daphne answered and quickly ran to her room before running back with a book in her hand. "Okay, I'll read from what I have, you just relax okay?" she asked and sat down beside him as she opened up her book to the first page and started reading out loud in a calming voice so that she wouldn't annoy anyone.

Lagordir frowned, "If I'm making you uncomfortable I can just walk you back to your house Lilly. I wouldn't want your father to be upset with you because of me." he said and stood up. He walked over to his dresser and opened up the top drawer where he looked through the various gems that he had gotten from his travels. "I'll probably just leave to Alphiara and only come over to visit you from time to time. You don't need to help me Lilly, if your father found out I'm sure he wouldn't be too happy with it." he added softly.

Lady Chello

Old 08-28-2015, 03:00 AM

Thorn spent the evening with Candy enjoying her reading. Before he knew it he had fell asleep there holding Candy as she read. He slept peaceful being able to hold Candy. Even subconsciously just knowing she was safe and in his arms made him sleep soundly. He dreamed of the day he first met Candy and their adventures together. He cherished his memories and times with Candy. Thorn slept for a while before waking and looking to Candy. "I'm sorry for falling asleep. You are not boring company. You just relax me." He said softly hoping that she didn't take offense to his sleeping. "It's getting late maybe I should tuck you in bed and Lady as well beside you in her bed." He said softly knowing that Candy needed her rest and he himself needed to get home eventually. He wished that his time with Candy wouldn't come to a end. "If you like I'll stay here till morning. The raids end at morning that way you can sleep soundly."He said softly to her as he smiled at her.

Lilly froze as she heard what Ping had to say. She felt her heart shatter into pieces as she sat on the bed. She sat there in silence and let Ping go about his business. She gently stood and removed the clip from her hair placing it on the bed, as she showed herself out of his room. Lilly moved with ease soundlessly through the house as she let herself out. She kept her emotions to herself as she made her way back to the palace. At this point Lilly didn't care if she was abducted or even killed. Lilly walked to her room her beautiful prison. She took her place at her window seat as she peered up at the moon. Her teachers where wrong about many things. Maybe her father was right in some of his beliefs.

Lilly sat at her seat for hours trying to understand why she felt as if someone had shot her with a arrow through and through. Maybe it was just the fact that Ping wasn't the person she was meant to love. She didn't want to be a second string or a after thought for anyone. If he left she would just be a after thought to him. He wanted to leave then she wouldn't stop him. She didn't blame him. Maybe she was wrong in confessing her feelings for him. Maybe she was wrong on many things she had been so confident in. Lilly pulled the golden rose from her hair where she had braided it in with her hair. She stared at it as tears fell from her face freely now. She gently got up and placed the rose along with the other items in her jewelry box. Lilly looked down at her bracelet as she reached to remove it. However as much as she wonted to she couldn't. She just smiled as she stared at it remembering their time in the forgotten city when he made their friendship bracelets.

Lilly sat on her bed as she stared at her bracelet. She cried and smiled all at the same time finding the emotional mixture very confusing. She wanted to be done with Ping and for her heart to stop hurting however her heart wouldn't let her forget about him. He was her best friend and even if he did leave she would never forget about him. Lilly felt so confused as she sat there. Maybe she was the only elf who didn't understand love. She was sure that human children her own age understood it better than she did at this point. Maybe just being friends was more important. She had made a promise to be his friend always and to never find him boring. She just didn't think that would mean even if it hurt her to be near him. Ping would find another girl there that he wold fancy and she would be left in the dark. That was the fear that made her sad. It wasn't a fear it was logical to assume so. It would mean that one day he would come back here and her father would be twice as mean to him for leaving and moving to Alphira. Lilly just sat on her bed as she tried to short everything out. At times likes this she wished she had the option to run away. However where would she run to? She was a princess and that meant putting her people first even above herself and her own wishes. That was the one lessen she had learned well from her father. Even if she loved Ping there was a good chance she could never be with him. Maybe it was for the best to forget about him and let him leave in peace.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-28-2015, 03:49 AM

Daphne noticed he had fallen to sleep and smiled as she continued to read to herself in her quiet voice so that she wouldn't wake him up. When he did wake up though, Daphne closed her book and smiled at him, "I'm not upset Thorn, I'm happy that you were able to get some rest." she said. Just then her parents walked in, "Bedtime you two it's getting quite late now." her father informed. "Pharom dear you stay here for the night okay? It's much too dangerous for you to be walking around at this our in your condition. I'm sure your father won't mind." her mother commented seriously. "Yes mother." Daphne answered and watched as her parents left to their own room for the night. Looking back at Thorn, she stood up and carefully helped him up before knocking on Tony's door. "Bedtime brother. You have work tomorrow." she informed. "I know, I'm just finishing up this letter is all." Tony answered from inside his room. Daphne shook her head and motioned at both Lady and Thorn to follow her but she waited, knowing Thorn couldn't be too fast right now.

Lagordir frowned when Lilly got up and left, leaving her brooch behind. "Lilly!" he called after her and ran after her. "Lilly wait!" he called but his mother pulled at his ear and dragged him back into his room. "Go to sleep!" she hissed and slammed his door. Lagordir frowned and grabbed a small suitcase where he stuffed most of his clothes and all the gems from his top drawer. Looking around, he placed the brooch inside too and grabbed his bow and quiver full of arrows before closing up the suitcase and waiting. When he felt that his parents were sleeping, he snuck out of his room and then out the front door before running for it. There was no going back and even though he wanted to go see if he could find Lilly, he knew that was a dangerous idea.

"I'll come back Lilly I promise. One day I'll come back for you but right now I can't." he said to no one in particular as he continued running towards Alphiaria. It was really late out, but he knew the path by heart and when he had finally reached it he smiled softly. This was where he truly belonged, but where would he stay?

Lady Chello

Old 08-28-2015, 04:41 AM

Thorn followed Candy he spent the night with her there. The next morning he woke early leaving Candy a paper rose he made for her on her night stand along with a note. He had to head into training and to face his own family. He was slow at the moment and left early enough to give himself enough time to make it to the training grounds in time. He was surprised when he got there his father was already waiting there. He had prepared himself for the worst instead his father just hugged him. He grunted as his father noticed Thorn was trying to protect his left shoulder. Before Thorn knew it he had Elvin doctors around him stripping him of his shirt and inspecting his wound. The doctors where impressed the wound was mostly healed. They used some of their remedies and finished the healing making him as well as new. The doctors wanted to know know who had dressed his wound so well. He was more than happy to tell them Candy. The doctors smiled as they seemed to take a liking to her and even spoke of starting to train her early as replacement for one of them.

Thorn dressed once they where done and listen to his father. He was surprised that his father already knew what happen even down to what Thoma had said. Thorn just smiled once his father was done. He had forgotten who his father was. His father was fair and just and had eyes and ears everywhere. Thorn was surprised when his father excused him from training this morning and told him to take the day off from school and spend his day resting. Thorn was about to leave when his father called his name and pulled out a packet from his pocket handing it to him. "Give it to Candy's parents for being so kind and looking after you. Before you go back to Candy go home and let your mother know your alive." His father told him.

Thorn went home and spent most of the morning with his mother. His mother had been worried when she got the news. Apparently it hadn't went unnoticed that Thomas had thrown a knife and attempted to kill him. Thomas had been stripped of his rank and would no longer be allowed to train as a member of the army. He was also no longer welcome to Thorns house or to any functions at witch Thorn would attend. Thorn was surprised when his mother smiled at him instead of scolding him for keeping a eye on the time. He did so normally so he wouldn't be late to meeting Candy. His mother brought out a basket filled with her different sweets and baked goods. "Share with Candy and go don't keep her waiting." His mother said softly kissing his check before seeing him off. Thorn was surprised with how his parents where acting. They weren't normally this understanding. They where understanding but not to this extent.

Thorn hurried to Candy's house with everything his parents had given him. He tried to time it so they would have time to eat some of the baked good before heading off to school. He wanted to thank Candy and tell her about the doctors and about what he had heard them say.

Lilly woke about mid day to find herself alone again in her room. She had fallen asleep at some point during the night. She slowly made her way to the classroom Dragon and her father had made for the students to use when they came to the palace. She waited and felt sick at her stomach as everyone appeared but Ping. She looked around for him and took her seat. She could tell that something was wrong everyone seemed to want to say something but looked to afraid to say anything at least the other kids did. Lilly only felt worse once the lessen ended and there was no sight of Ping. She finally approached his teacher and asked him outright where Ping was. The teacher looked surprised and asked her didn't she know he had vanished during the night his parents where looking for him.

The news ripped a new hole in her heart as she tried not to cry in front of the others. She thanked him and went to her other duties. Today was the first day her father was impressed with her. She didn't fight him and did whatever he said with no hesitation. She had no will to fight the one thing she had loved was gone. She felt a hole in her heart that she wasn't sure if time would fix. Some of the guards had did her a favor and tracked Ping to the edge of the border he really had left like he said he was going to. She wasn't sure if she should cry or be happy for him.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-28-2015, 05:25 AM

The following morning, Daphne woke up and noticed Thorn was gone. She began to worry and noticed the paper rose on her nightstand with a note. Reading the note, she just hoped he made it safely. Daphne quickly hurried out of bed and took a quick bath before getting dressed for school and walked with Lady back to the kitchen where her parents and Tony were already eating breakfast. Quietly, Daphne took her seat and started to eat her breakfast while Lady enjoyed the bowl of food laid out for her to eat from. "Sleep well dear?" her mother asked. "I did mother. I was more tired than I thought." she answered softly and looked at Tony. "Did you finish your letter?" she asked him. "Yes I did. Give it to Thorn and tell him to give it to the girl since I probably won't be seeing her." he answered and handed Daphne an envelope. "I'll be sure to give him the letter and let him know." Daphne promised with a smile.

Lagordir had fallen to sleep beneath a tree on a grassy area but when he woke up, he realized how late it was, he probably was going to be late for school. "Perhaps I should see if I can go to school here instead." he said to himself and stood up then dusted himself off. Lagordir grabbed his belongings and started walking through the lovely town and looked around at the busy streets. People were leaving for work right now it seemed and children looked to be getting ready for school. "I can probably make it!" he said happily and wondered where exactly the school was. Would he even be welcomed in the school? Since he was a new kid he wasn't sure how the people here would act.

Lady Chello

Old 08-28-2015, 05:58 AM

Thorn made it to Candy's house knocking on the door. However he found the door came open. He was a little worried but heard the family inside. "It's me I knocked your door came open. I have presents from my parents for your kindness. My mother made her baked goods for us to have this morning for breakfast. " Thorn said before slowly making his way inside after hearing it was ok to do so. He walked into the kitchen and placed the basket of baked good on the table for everyone to dig into. He then put the bundle his father had given him down on the table. He wasn't sure what was in it. He assumed money by the shape and weight. His father was a gracious man and apparently he felt that Candy's family deserved money for taking care of him and being kind to him. They treated him like another member of their family something he appreciated.

"CANDY!!! The doctors are looking at starting your studies early. I told them you where the one who did my bandaging and took care of my wound. They where highly impressed. I believe they might even be thinking of making you one of the council of nurses. It's a real honor to be chosen to be one of the ten members. It means you are the best of the best. Most of them have a specialty I'm sure they will help train you and help you figure out what yours is. I"m sorry I was just excited for you." Thorn said as he took his seat beside Candy. He pulled out the paper with Candy's name on it the lead Doctor had given him as proof of what had been said. "They have considered you for it. I guess in a few weeks you'll know if you got it or not."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-28-2015, 06:23 AM

Daphne continued eating but everyone then looked up when Thorn entered their house. "Good Morning Thorn." she said happily and smiled as he approached and took a seat beside her. Seeing the gifts on the table, her father looked at the bundle and smiled softly. "We cannot accept the money Pharom, we didn't let you stay because we wanted money, we let you stay because we care about you and your safety. That and we wanted Daphne to have peace of mind as well." he started. He knew though that Longbow didn't take no for an answer though, "Tell your father thank-you though." he said and smiled as he took one of the baked goods and took a bite out of it.

Upon hearing that she would probably be working for the council, her family cheered obviously extremely proud of her and happy to hear the news. "W-wow...really?!" Daphne gasped and looked at the paper with her name on it from the head doctor. "Oh my goodness...t-this is great news! I didn't ever think this would be happening!" Daphne squealed happily. "Way to go little sister!" Tony praised and finished up his food before taking a sweet. "Oh sweetie! Your father and I are so happy for you and proud of you. You've worked very hard for this. If they don't accept you though, please don't let it discourage you okay?" her mother informed. Daphne smiled and nodded, no matter what happened she was going to work hard to become the best nurse she could be.

Lady Chello

Old 08-28-2015, 05:26 PM

Thorn was beside himself with excitement for Candy. He just beamed as he sat there enjoying the moment with her. He picked up one of the pastries his mother had made and began eating it as he noticed the time. Once he was finished he looked back to Candy still very happy for her and proud of her. "And you said the extra studying wasn't paying off. I believe today we should be able to go to the library so you can get the new books they have. Don't worry they are already in your name and being held for you. Ona and Lady Avalon already put them aside for you. " He said as he looked to Tony remembering the letter Ona had given him. "Oh I forgot to mention that Ona works part time at the library. She is also studying to be on the governing council like you are. I believe you two are both top candidates or that is what my father has told me so Congratulations to you as well. I'm sure your father would enjoy the company. I've been to some of the meetings they are boring but necessary. I'm sure if my mother had her way I'll be with my father there. However that is not my goal." He said as he smiled looking back to Candy.

"We better hurry or we will be late. " He said softly to her as he eyed the clock so she would understand. "Remember today is your favorite day. I believe today we do our schooling outside and if I'm correct you get to work on animals today learning how to mead them and take care of them." He said looking forward to the class himself. He loved animals and it never hurt to learn how to care for them or how to kill them quickly with less pain. He was a warrior after all and if he got stuck out in the middle of no where he needed to know how to fend for himself. Classes like this where just as important to him as they where for Candy and her medical.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-28-2015, 06:40 PM

Daphne chuckled and nodded, "You're right, I did say that. Well I didn't think it was since it wasn't noticeable, or so I thought. I see I was wrong though." she answered and smiled as she listened to the plans for today while eating more sweets. "I think that would be a good idea, I really need to read up on the new material if I even want to have a chance at this opportunity." Daphne started and remembered the letter from Tony to Ona. "Oh! We'll be able to give Ona the letter Tony wrote for her!" Daphne noted happily. Tony smiled at this new bit of information, maybe he could go over after work and chat with her if he had time that is. "I see, thank-you for letting me know. I'm hoping you can get that letter to her soon, wouldn't want her to think I'm not interested. Thank-you very much Pharom." he said softly. Their parents only smiled at the conversation going on before standing. "Alright Tony we have work to get to, c'mon." their father said before kissing his wife and kissing Daphne's cheek. "Have a good day at school you two." he said seriously. "We will father, bye!" Daphne answered and hugged her father and Tony after he had given their mother a kiss on her cheek and hugged Daphne back. "See you later Thorn." he said and waved as he followed their father out of the house.

"Yes we should, you're right." Daphne agreed and hugged her mother who hugged both of them and gently pet Lady. "Lady I think you should stay here and keep mother company okay?" Daphne said to Lady who barked and nuzzled both Daphne's and Thorn's hands. "Bye mother!" she said and waved. "Bye you two! Have a good day at school!" her mother replied as she watched the two leave the house. "We're going to have a busy day today." Daphne noted.

Lagordir held his belongings tightly in his hands as he walked through the lively streets and noticed a few kids running off in one direction. Others were just walking that way and he wondered if that was were the school would be located. "I could always follow them and see where they lead me." he said to himself and started following some kids from a distance all while looking around, trying to get even more familiar with this place. "I'll have to find a blacksmith soon." he said to himself and reached into his pants pocket where he pulled out the silver leaf Lilly had given him when they had first met. He realized that he hadn't ever worn it, he was going to have to now if he wanted to even have a slight chance of talking to her. He shoved it back in his pocket sadly and walked a little faster towards what he hoped was the school.

Lady Chello

Old 08-28-2015, 07:06 PM

Thorn wished Tony and Candy's father a good day as he gently open the door for himself and Candy after telling Lady good bye and Candy's mother. He lead the way as he noticed a stranger with black hair walking in the direction of the school. He arched a brow as he watched the other male. He wasn't from Alphira Thorn knew all the residences due to his fathers tittle and job. He didn't see anything threatening about the male. However he was sure his father and Candy's father would want to have a word with the young man. Due to the war that was going on it was their parents job to ensure the safety of their people.

Thorn slowly made his way over to the young man stopping in front of him so the young man had to stop or walk into him. "Hello, I'm afraid I've never met you before. I'm Pharom son of Longbow. "He said as he gauged the young man's reaction to that bit of information. He had a hunch that the man as from the rival kingdom due to his dress and manner. If he was truly here to start over then he would know why Pharom himself approached him. By the laws all refugees had to go before the council here to be granted immunity witch meant they had to go before Longbow himself. Thorn kept clam as he waited to see what the young man had to say for himself.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-28-2015, 11:00 PM

Daphne followed Thorn in the direction of the school, looking forward to what today would bring. Daphne didn't even notice the other male that was walking in the same direction, she never really looked at the children that passed by. It wasn't until Thorn left her side to approach the other male that Daphne finally noticed. He didn't look familiar since she didn't remember ever seeing him at school before. Perhaps he was a new student? Quietly, she followed Thorn and smiled at the black haired male politely. She hoped the male didn't get scared or anything after being approached by Thorn.

Lagordir was minding his own business when a white haired male approached him forcing him to stop walking. Following behind him was a very lovely human girl. He smiled back at her and looked at the male who was named Pharom. "Longbow..." he repeated quietly and wondered if he was in trouble. "H-hello there. My name is Lagordir, I-I'm just looking for the school. I'm not here to cause any trouble I promise." Lagordir explained and frowned. This male obviously had his suspicions and he was okay with that. With all the violence going on it was only natural to be suspicious of newcomers.

Lady Chello

Old 08-29-2015, 01:36 AM

"That is fine you are aware that you will have go meet with Longbow and the council here if you wish to stay. I'm sure they will be happy to help you find a place of residence." Thorn said as he gave Lagordir a warm smile he tried to be friendly not to scare the man. He moved a side as he reveled Candy to Lagordir. "This is my fair Candy. She is studying to be one of the top nurses. She is very kind and great at healing. If you like we could take you to the school. Afterwards you'd have to come with me though to the council. Don't worry they are just and fair. Most are really nice. "Thorn said as he tried to not scare the male. He gently bend down and picked up one of the males bags as he turned returning to Candy's side and taking her hand gently, as he began to lead the way to school.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 08-29-2015, 02:59 AM

Ping's eyes widened, was he in trouble already? He had just got here and he only wanted to go to the school. What was so wrong with that? "I...I understand..." he said quietly and frowned. The council, sounded very serious. Were they going to search his things? If they did, would they be upset to find gems in his suitcase? Oh no, I hope they don't accuse me of stealing! he thought to himself, panicking. He snapped out of his thoughts though when Pharom introduced the very lovely girl as his Candy. "Candy, very lovely name for a lovely girl. So you're going to be a nurse?" he asked and smiled, "That sounds like it's hard work, but I'm sure you're doing just fine right?" he asked. Lagordir looked back at Pharom and nodded, "P-Please? I have been trying to find the school. I saw people walking this way and thought perhaps it lead to the school. I'll go with you to the council after school, I promise." he assured and bowed his head quickly. When Pharom picked up his bag, Lagordir panicked slightly. "Oh...p-please be careful that nothing breaks." he said as he quickly followed after them.

Daphne smiled and waved, "Hello Lagordir, it is nice to meet you." she said and chuckled at his compliment. "Thank-you! It is hard, but I'm doing the best I can to stay on top of everything. Are you studying for anything?" she asked curiously as they started walking towards the school. Ping nodded, "I'm hoping to become a blacksmith. I have made a few things but nothing too impressive I suppose. I'm still practicing with all sorts of combinations." he replied easily. "A blacksmith? That sounds like a very demanding job Lagordir. It sounds like a lot of fun too though, I'm sure you'll grow up to be a very well known blacksmith. Just never give up." Daphne said softly.

Two years had passed and Lagordir had become good friends with both Candy and Pharom. Candy and Thorn had even helped him find a new permanent home where his foster parents never laid a hand on him unlike his real parents, it was a really nice change and he was forever thankful and grateful. He was currently chuckling as he lightly poked Pharom's head with his finger, "You're very protective of Candy aren't you? I don't blame you, she's very pretty and you obviously care a lot about her. You don't have to worry about me stealing her from you though, I already have a girl in my heart." he explained and frowned. "What's with the frown Lagordir?" Daphne asked, noticing the frown on his face as she held Thorn's hand. "I just get sad thinking about her is all. You see, the girl in my heart...her name is Lilly and she's the princess of Evana...b-but before I ran away from home we were talking and I had told her that I wanted to leave but wouldn't because she was the reason I stayed. I put up with my parents all for her, so that I could spend time with her everyday. However at the last moment I let it slip by saying that I was going to leave anyway...and then she left and left behind the brooch I made for her. I would have thrown it away but I want to give it back to her if I ever see her again. I don't even think she wants to see me anymore, she probably hates me for leaving when I said I wouldn't." he explained and sighed softly. He felt terrible for the way things turned out, but he hoped he could make it up to her somehow.

"Lagordir, if you really care about her you need to prove it to her. She is probably waiting for you every day in hopes that you return. You should at least fight for her heart if she doesn't like you anymore, try to win her back. You shouldn't feel bad for what happened, it was a simple mistake and it could have happened to anyone." Daphne explained seriously.