Lady Chello
Love's EvergreenGoddess!!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Lady Chello

Old 12-17-2015, 04:48 AM

Pallaton smiled softly as he followed Spotted Deer inside. He watched her as he took a seat near her. He thought about the past as he stared into the fire. " I am sorry for what happen Spotted Deer and I'm sorry for not being by your side through it all as I should have been." He finally said as he looked to her. " I promise to stay now and to try and help as I can. " He said as he looked back to the fire and smiled softly. " Do you think we'll be able to save our people honestly? " He asked doubting his ability to lead. He had been to their land and knew how they thought and could act. But his people where no different.

The elder lady had cooked up some fish and deer with the help of some of the young women. They all chatted among themselves about the work they had done. Many talked about the return of Pallaton. Some even talked about Red Cardinal and how many wished he would show interest in one of them. They had worked hard to make the meal for themselves and for their guest. The girls chatted and laughed as they enjoyed themselves.

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-17-2015, 05:14 AM

Spotted Deer ate the soup quietly as she listened to Pallaton and stared at him in shock. Swallowing, she gave him a sad smile. "Pallaton, it is not your fault. I understand you had a war to fight and...well things happened. I may not be happy about it but I sure am happy that you returned safe and sound." she said and frowned. "I always waited for you, and when you never came I feared you had been killed." she whispered. "I stayed up countless nights waiting for you to return to me until I forced myself to accept the cruel reality that you were gone." she commented. Spotted Deer looked back at him and nodded. "Yes I do, Pallaton. We will work together and do our best to safe them. Now we have a medicine woman, that alone is a big step forward. If we can survive this winter I know we will be okay." Spotted Deer answered and finished up her soup. When she was done, she set it to the side and hugged Pallaton, "I am so happy that you returned and I am the one who is sorry. I am sorry for yelling at you and your sister. I shouldn't have done that, I should have ran into your arms instead. I truly do apologize for my childish behavior." she said.

After he had cleaned up, Red Cardinal walked back to the village and into his house where the pup and Koon where playing. "Alright you two, we must be going." he said and looked at the hanging cage he had made out of sticks. "Piki you should go fly around but return before it gets dark okay?" he said to the small hummingbird. Opening the door for her, he let her fly out and then looked at Koon and the pup. "Follow me." he said. Red Cardinal walked to the tent where Ahyoka had her things and picked them up before heading over to the elderly woman's house. "Both of you need to be on your best behavior. Yes that means you too Koon. You can be quite the trouble maker sometimes. Just be sure to stay with me and you should be fine. As for you little pup, I am sure you want to be with Ahyoka. You'll be with her soon." he said as he reached the house. Taking a deep breath and slowly letting it out, he slowly walked inside the house with both Koon and the pup at his side.

Lady Chello

Old 12-17-2015, 05:58 AM

Pallaton gently hugged Spotted Deer as he smiled at her. " I'm sorry as well for how I acted. However lets get you better so we can get our people back on the right path together. " He said as he gently wrapped his arms around her and sat with her in his lap. " I guess this means we'll have to find more feathers that you like so you can decorate your mare. I can' wait for summer when everything will be full of life. I hope it's as magical as I remember." He said as he smiled and looked down at her. " What is on your mind Princess?" He asked wondering if anything was on her mind. He honestly wasn't much of a talker and really didn't know what to say or do other than hold her.

The Elder women smiled as she greeted Red Cardinal . "Ah welcome we have been expecting you and your friends." She said as she laughed looking at Coon and the little Pup. The pup sniffed around looking for Ahyoka. The pup whimpered not seeming to find her. "Sit and join us." The elder women instructed as she smiled. She took her seat beside Red Cardinal as a space was left empty on his other side and a few seats where empty as well across from him. " We have more guest coming." She said as she looked up the young pup letting out a howl and ran to the entrance of the women's tepee. The small pup wagged it's tail happily yipping excitedly.

Ahyoka slowly made her way to the elder women's tepee. She had been put through strange and unusual torture for most of the evening. The women had used different herbs and berries on her hair changing the color. They had braided parts and put feathers in. They had clothed her in strange dress and clothing and put strange marks on her. From the reflection she had seen in one of the bowls of water she looked completely different. She didn't understand what was going on. She looked more like one of them than herself. She really didn't know the person who stared back at her. The reflection looked more like a women than the child she had felt like. The women looked powerful in her own right and like a complete stranger. "AYASHE (little one)" Is what the women had started calling her. They had dressed her in beautiful things and had started teaching her how to cook their way. She had learned how to skin some of the fish and how to cook it. It appeared the women where treating her like a small child and all of them where pitching in to teach her.

She wasn't sure what to think about it. One moment peolpe wanted her dead and now she was being clothed like them and treated like one of their small children. A soft smile appeared on her lips as she heard a familiar sound coming from the entrance of the tepee. She quickly entered with the other women as she found her small pup there happy to see her. The pup didn't seem to notice her drastic change right off the bat. However after nuzzling her leg it peered up at her and looked a little confused as it sniffed her and just wagged it's tail. She bowed as the Elder women told her to take her seat beside Red Cardinal. She froze as she saw Red Cardinal and blushed brightly and sat down finally putting the platter of fish she and the others had been cooking down in front of them. She didn't know what to say as she sat there not sure if he would like the new look or not.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-17-2015, 06:30 AM

Spotted Deer rested her head on his shoulder as her hair fell around her like a curtain or waterfall. "We will get our people right back on the correct path Pallaton, together I know we will." she said softly. She relaxed in his arms, remembering how he would always hold her if she was ever upset or afraid. Over the years, she realized she wasn't afraid of many things anymore but she still feared being outside at nightfall even though she loved to look at the stars in the night sky. "Yes, we will have to find a few feathers for her. That can wait until I am better though." she answered and smiled. "Oh the summertime was always beautiful here wasn't it? So much wildlife and the trees looked so happy that time. Now they look so sad." she commented and looked up at him. "Oh, well I am just thinking about how you look similar to your father. I am sure your father is proud of you for all that you have done. You have been through a lot but even then you still fought just to come back here even though you could have been killed at any moment. You truly are a brave warrior Pallaton." Spotted Deer answered.

Red Cardinal bowed his head and walked over to the seat he was instructed to take. He looked over at Koon and clicked his tongue a few times, getting her attention and getting her to snuggle beside him. He already knew who the other guest was, why where they making it so suspenseful? Older women sure liked to keep a man guessing which he didn't mind to much. He looked up when he heard someone enter the house and was confused when he saw a strange looking woman standing there. It didn't take too long for him to realize that she was Ahyoka. Pallaton would be surprised to see her like this but he liked this look on her, it suited her better especially if she was to remain here in the tribe. Red Cardinal quickly looked down when their eyes met. He didn't know what to say to her, what could he say to her? She really looked nice, but he wondered if she even liked it herself.

Lady Chello

Old 12-17-2015, 07:31 AM

"Red Cardinal why don't you tell us about yourself and some about your life. " One of the younger girls said as she grinned and laughed with the other women all agreeing they wanted to hear about him. However another spoke up. "What do you think of AYASHE she clean us well doesn't she?" The girls said as she smiled looking at Ahyoka. It made all the other women laugh and smile looking at her. "Here let us fix you a plate!" One of the women said as four of them jumped up making his a large pile of different fish and deer meat they had fixed different ways. " Who's do you like better? " The women said looking at him hoping he would pick their cooking.

Ahyoka was surprised with how the women where acting. She had gathered that Red Cardinal was something of a celebrity around here it seemed. The women where rather infatuated with him and seemed to all want his attention. This made her feel even more nervous as she sat beside him. Her face brighten as she heard one of the ladies speaking about her look and if he liked it or not. She slowly looked over to him wondering if he did like her look or not. It was strange that she cared but he had saved her after all. She smiled as her eyes light up thinking about getting to hear about him. She could tell he was a good person and she wondered how he became to be the princess guard. She had learned that he had one of the most prized positions for the men here. She had learned quiet a lot from the women today and was rather impressed with how they idolized Red Cardinal. She worried about the answer he would give with him not knowing how most of the ladies felt.

She gently leaned behind him as she reached for her puppy who had run around him to get to her. " Be careful how you answer the women here all idolize you and love you. You should tell them that their food is all amazing after eating some of each and that you could never pick just one." She whispered to him trying to help him as she brought the pup to her lap and kept petting him until he calmed down. He soon started to relax as she feed him some of the meat and kept quiet and fixed a small pile for herself to try.

Pallaton smiled at Spotted Deer impressed with her kindness. " Thank you just as I know your father and mother would be proud of you. You are beautiful and have your mothers cascading hair. I remember when we where young and your hair would always be in my face or wrapped around my neck. I always swore that it had a mind of it's all. I remember accidentally flipping the canoo you and your friend where in. I never will forget how angry you where with me. Nor how bad you beat me that day. But you where so cute when you where angry witch just made it worse for me. Your hair was so pretty in the sunlight that day as it dried and I couldn't stop touching it. Your mother kept telling you if you kept beating me I would never marry you and you needed to act more like a princess and not like a warrior. " He said as he laughed and smiled at the memories. "I really did give you grief. I thought you where never going to forgive me when I didn't fight my father in joining the warriors. I remember even then you told me there where many of other young men that could join. You where so mad at me I was honestly afraid you would never speak to me again." He said as he slightly frown. " I did so because my father said that if you want people to follow you, then you have to lead by example. That is why I went and joined them not because I honestly wanted to. I'd have loved to stayed with you but I couldn't tell others to go into battle if I wasn't willing to."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-17-2015, 09:50 AM

Red Cardinal was surprised by the girls' behavior but gave Ahyoka a thankful smile when he heard her. "I think she looks very nice, I like it." he answered honestly and looked at the various plates of food in front of him. "Well they all smell really good, I can't possibly just choose one. I'll love them all." he explained and smiled at them. He didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so he was thankful for Ahyoka's advice. It was hard to believe that they idolized and loved him though, he was just a regular warrior who was in charge of protecting the princess, how did that alone make him special? "I am sure you all are aware of what I do ladies." he said to them. "I'm a warrior, but am also the princess' protector as appointed by her father. It was not an easy job to get, I had to prove myself and I guess I did. I had to do difficult things, tiring things but it was worth it. I didn't spend as much time with the princess as I do now because she still had her parents to care for her, but I would still spend time with her as much as her parents allowed me to. Once they died..." he said and frowned. "I started spending all my time with her. I still do. I am with her from morning until bedtime. I don't want to tire you with boring details about myself though, I'm not an interesting person, just your regular warrior doing his best to keep the people safe." he replied and took a bite of his food.

Spotted Deer blushed softly at what Pallaton said, he found her beautiful? She smiled at him and nodded. "That was always nice wasn't it? I miss those days where we could be carefree and not get scolded for it." she said. Spotted Deer then laughed and shook her head, "That was no accident Pallaton. I think you wanted to get me mad on purpose." she joked and remembered that day as if it were yesterday. Her friend was laughing even though Spotted Deer was furious and went to beat Pallaton pretty badly. "Oh I do not think I am cute when I am angry now." Spotted Deer commented. Pallaton was filled with compliments for her today it seemed, it really made her blush and smile. Knowing Pallaton, he was probably enjoying seeing her blush right there in front of him. Spotted Deer laughed, she remembered her mother would scold her every time she beat Pallaton, The only way he will marry you is if you stop beating him Spotted Deer. You want him to marry a princess so start acting like one. Stop acting like a warrior. Spotted Deer looked up at Pallaton as she listened to him. A small frown replaced her smile as she remembered begging him not to go and he left anyway. That had to be the hardest day for her, to see him walk away with the others and leaving her here behind. "If there is ever another battle to be fought, will you be leaving?" she asked in a soft whisper.

Lady Chello

Old 12-18-2015, 07:08 AM

The women all sighed hearing him seeming happy with his answer. They all laughed hearing what he had to say. "Your just being modest but ok we wont push you." The women said as they started eating themselves. They seemed to enjoy themselves and left once they where done leaving Red Cardinal Ahyoka alone with plenty of left overs.

"Dose this happen normally or was this planned by the elder women?" Ahyoka finally asked as she finished her bite of fish. " Tonight was rather strange or it felt like it to me. The women really admire you." She said trying to make conversation with Red Cardinal. " I've heard about your deeds today and how handsome you are. How you are a god among men. How any women would be lucky to have you. You know all the women are crazy about you." She said as she giggled softly thinking about some of the women and how the swooned over him. "You are rather handsome I'll have to give you that. And you where my hero." She said fondly as she smiled looking down at the pup. " Maybe your should think about one of them for your wife. I mean they are your people and I'm not. " She said softly as she took another bite. She sat there as she frowned slightly not sure why she didn't like the idea of him with the other women. She didn't know him and she couldn't like him. She paused has her eyes winded as she came to the realization she was starting to form slight crush on him. She didn't even know him but what she did know of him he was a sweet and kind person. " Oh second thought I believe you and I have hunting to do. So I guess your stuck with me." She said with a slight smile on her face.

Pallaton turned as he heard him and thought about his answer hard. " No not without you this time. I would treat you as I do my Rebeca and I wouldn't let myself leave you this time. If anything I should teach you as I taught Rebeca. She taught me many valuable lessons that I wish I had known then. The first one is you don't leave the people you love behind. I did so thinking I was protecting you. But look where it got us. I did the same thing with her but learned very quickly she was just like you and wouldn't stay where she would be safe. So I taught her how to fight and everything that I knew. I think it's time I did the same with you. Rebeca and her family where the ones who taught me that when you look for someone you look for a equal. So if we are going to be together it's only fair that I treat you with the same love and even more as I do Rebeca. As soon as you get better you will start hunting, tracking, and training with me. " He said

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-19-2015, 03:34 AM

"This was planned." Red Cardinal answered and continued eating while he listened to Ahyoka speak of how the other women felt about him. He chuckled at the things she said and looked at her. "Ahyoka, thank-you for your compliment. I will not make any of them my wife and do you know why?" he asked but didn't give her a chance to answer. "Because I'm not used to so much...attention. I'm a very quiet man. Even though it is quite the honor to have them feel that way and treat me like a god, I am not a god and shouldn't be treated as such. I am a regular man like the others here. There is nothing special about me and if my wife is going to behave as they did, it would be suffocating. Attention is nice to an extent." he explained. Her final comment made him smile, "Yes. I believe you're stuck with me for a week it seems." Red Cardinal reminded and ate some more of the food happily.

Spotted Deer was surprised with his answer. "You want me to hunt, track, and train with you?" she repeated and gave him a weak smile. "I do not do any of that. My mother told me to stop being a warrior remember? I only watch Red Cardinal hunt but I don't know how to anymore." Spotted Deer admitted nervously. She didn't know how to really do anything except order people around but even that she was doing all wrong. She just hoped that she could actually do as she was told this time. If Pallaton thought this was the best thing to do, then she wasn't going to question it.

Lady Chello

Old 12-19-2015, 04:03 AM

Ahyoka looked at him as she smiled honestly liking the fact he was down to earth. " You know it's honestly nice of you to feel like that. I know other men may let such things go to their head. You really are a nice person. And I think your wrong. You'd come after me again if I left. Your a good person." She said as she ate some more and smiled. She laughed softly as she looked at the opening of the tepee. " It's nice Spotted Deer has you, your a great friend and a good person. " She said softly as she looked down at her sleeping pup. " I had a feeling this was staged just like the whole fight today was staged by my brother. I think this was staged by the Elder lady. It was nice of them both though. I learned a lot about you and the people here so I'm thankful." She said softly and smiled."Thank you for bringing my things." She said softly.

Pallaton smiled as he looked at Spotted Deer. " Hey where is my Spotted Deer I know that always beat me? Besides if we are starting over the only way I have every known you is as a warrior. And that's how I would like to keep you. " He said as he gave her a grin. " Even though I'm more than happy to be your warrior." He said looking into her eyes and giving her a charming smile. " I'll teach you only what you wish to know. Besides you have spouting orders down. "He said giving her a grin just trying make her smile.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-19-2015, 05:45 AM

Red Cardinal fed some of the meat to Koon, smiling as he listened to her. She was right, if she vanished he'd be the first one out there looking for her and bringing her back home. "Yes...if you go missing I'll find you and bring you back and I won't rest until I bring you back safely." Red Cardinal admitted softly. "Thank-you, it's nice of you to say that Ahyoka." he said and chuckled, nodding. "Yes I believe Pallaton lost on purpose just to spend more time with the princess and so that we could spend time together. He had good intentions, I just hope the princess listens to him." he commented with a frown. He knew Spotted Deer could be very stubborn but he hoped that Pallaton could get her to rest like she needed to. "You're welcome, If you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask. I know I can look intimidating at first but as you can clearly see, I'm not a scary person." he said and chuckled.

"You're right, when we met I was a warrior princess. I need to be that again, and I will try my best to be a warrior again just because you're asking so nicely." Spotted Deer said and laughed. She blushed though at his charming smile and reached out to take his hand in hers. "You will always be my warrior Pallaton." she promised and nodded. He was right, she always did order people around. "I just hope that I am actually doing that right too. They haven't really listened to me as you can tell. They don't even respect me as their princess anymore." she reminded with a sigh as she closed her eyes. "Perhaps I should just sleep..." she whispered sadly.

Lady Chello

Old 12-19-2015, 07:03 AM

"I think those two just need time honestly. Pallaton is like your Princess in many ways so they may but heads at time but I honestly believe they care about each other still. I saw the way he was with her. He was very gentle and was trying to be caring. I'm sure he felt torn from protecting me and wanting to prove to her that he was still the person she knew. I believe they may be flames and feed off one another. They are great together but when they fight they explode." She said as she smiled and laughed softly." They really are made for one another. No one wants someone who they agree with all the time." She said as she looked to him. " So can you tell me how marriages are normally done here? Since apparently all four of us are involved with them. I assume we'll have to agree to it soon wont we and go through with it?" She ask honestly wondering.

Pallaton smiled at Spotted Deer as he held her getting up and taking her to her bed. " I believe in you and so do the people. I think we need to make you a happy Princess to make the people happy again. They do lessen to you but I think being so sad made them just worry more for you. So you my beautiful Princess get some sleep. I'll stay here so if you need anything let me know." He said as he kissed her forehead and tucked her in. "Now get some rest Princess ." He said softly as he went back to his seat near the fire. He had found some bone earlier and started to carve it keep a watch. He wondered how his sister was and did wish to speak with her but he wanted to keep company.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-19-2015, 07:50 AM

"Yes, I believe they need a lot of time. I do hope it all works out for them, she cares very much for him. I know it doesn't look like it at times, but when we talked about him when he had first left, it would put her in tears. The princess never wanted him to leave but I understood that he had to. I wanted to leave too, but I was to stay behind and care for her in his absence." Red Cardinal explained, not sure if he was making any sense. "Marriages here are very serious. They are a sort of of ritual. They are sacred and once married, it cannot be broken. If for whatever reason the marriage isn't working out, the female must speak to an elder so that they can start the process of breaking off the bond that ties the marriage together. It is a lengthy process but it is worth it if the marriage is a disaster from the start." Red Cardinal explained.

Spotted Deer frowned as she heard what he said. She didn't believe it, they didn't seem worried at all. The only one that visited was to get her married to Pallaton and to call her a cry baby. Sure it was true, but still not nice. She couldn't generalize though, Spotted Deer didn't really go around and talk to everyone like she was supposed to. She wasn't a good princess at all. The more she thought about it the more depressed she became. Spotted Deer didn't say anything, she just closed her eyes and tried not to think, before long she was fast asleep.

Lady Chello

Old 12-19-2015, 08:13 AM

"Then why get married to begin with?" She said softly honestly wondering why they did that. " But it's no different than where I come from. And not all marriages are based off love most are more business. Why would you have to marry me? I'm sure that is a disgrace for you isn't it? It's ok I'd rather you be honest with me. I understand my color and homeland are taboo here. So I would assume it would be a slight insult to you. " She said trying to explain where she was coming from. " I really don't have a say in any of this and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by any means earlier. Even if I went back I wouldn't have a life. I don't like it back home. I would trapped in some house like a prisoner expected to be a proper white lady. I'd be married off to some stuck up over privilege suitor I'm sure. Or some guy would try and take advantage of me because of my wealth. Honestly it isn't mine it was my parents. I'm not even sure how to write my parents about this or if they would get my letters. The people of the settlement seem untrustworthy. And if I went back I'm sure someone would try and follow me back here. " She said as she frowned thinking about her parents. " At least your kind that is more than I can say for the men back home who came to my parents. My brother tried his best to scary them off but others came instead. The one I fear is King's brothers Son. Some how he acquired a liking for me. My parents thought allowing me to come here would save me from a life with that man. Trust me any life is better than with him. I would be a bird in a cadge never allowed to do anything and constantly under watching and being corrected. You can't tell the King no when he wants something. My brother and the suitor stayed in fights so when I was finally able to get us passage my parents happily approved. The King was starting to insist that I allow the man to court me. I'm not one for being locked up and being someone's property. I want to be outside, to explore to live to be free. I want someone to be my best friend not a master. And I want someone to love and respect me. Not someone I'm going to kill one night for how he treated me. I thought when I punched him and broke his ribs he would understand that I don't like him. Apparently he saw it as a challenge and told my brother I just needed breaking. That didn't go over well and my brother got banned from the Kings court. " She said thinking about everything making her a little sad.

" I think if I had to marry someone I'd be wise to choose you. Your a good person and that speaks a lot about you. Besides as you said we could learn to love one another. And I like the fact your level headed. I couldn't be married to someone like Spotted Deer or my brother. I'd have to keep putting things in their food and drink to keep them clam and sleepy I'm afraid so I could get along with them. As as sister you can send them away to your parents or to their room. But as a mate your stuck with them. I hope they have quiet children. Or maybe we should hope for children like them. It might show them the errors in their ways and how everyone feels with them sometimes. " She said laughing softly and smiling.

Pallaton knew that Spotted Dear was sad again and worried about being a good Princess. He finally got up and walked over to where she was and laid down behind her as he wrapped one of his large arms around her in a protective manner pulling her to him as he held her. " Your wrong, you are a great Princess and we'll work together to prove it to you and everyone else." He said to her gently kisses her forehead and held her. He drifted off to sleep keeping himself awake enough to react if anyone tried to come in.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-19-2015, 08:47 AM

"I do not wish to go against the spirits or the elders. You yourself said that the spirits guide us, well they are guiding us together and I am sure that they have good reasons for it." Red Cardinal started seriously. He couldn't help but get slightly angry at the male who suggested she needed some breaking and a frown appeared on his face when she mentioned the word 'master'. "No one owns anybody. Women are human beings just like men and they too have feelings. For someone to say that they are a master of the other, that is just foolish, they are truly blind and will never be happy." he said seriously. It was things like this that really irked him. It would be a joy to just kill as many whites as he could.

Red Cardinal was silent. He was listening to her and smiled at her kind words. He never got compliments, well aside from being a good warrior but that was about it. Ahyoka saw the person he was behind the title, behind the principle role. When he heard what he said about both Pallaton and Spotted Deer, he smiled a genuine smile and laughed with her, perhaps having her as a wife wouldn't be so bad after all.

Lady Chello

Old 12-19-2015, 09:14 AM

Ahyoka smiled softly at him warmly. " Well it's late and if we are going to do any hunting we better call it a night. Thank you for coming it was nice getting to know you like this." She said softly meaning it as she blushed softly. " I better clean this up and get to bed. I think pup is starting to really like you and Coon." She said softly smiling.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-19-2015, 09:19 AM

Red Cardinal hadn't even noticed how late it had gotten, he really enjoyed the time he spent with Ahyoka and found himself hoping this would happen again soon. "You don't need to thank me Ahyoka. I had a good time talking to you too. At least let me help you out before I go?" Red Cardinal suggested. He smiled at her then looked down at the pup, "Well Koon and I like pup too." he answered.

Spotted Deer had stirred in her sleep, snuggling closer to the person she felt laying beside her. She didn't know who it was, but he was warm and the warmth was very welcoming during a cold winter like the one they were currently in.

Lady Chello

Old 12-19-2015, 01:33 PM

Ahyoka smiled softly. " Oh thank you, I honestly wish you didn't have to go. It's the first time since being here I've enjoyed myself. If I promise to help keep your house clean and braid your hair do you think you could teach me how to make a tepee? I'm sure it will be lonely at first but I would like to have something of mine. I feel really strange staying here with the elder lady. She is very kind and devious but mostly harmless. " She said smiling as she sighed. " Is there anything I could do to help Spotted Deer? I'm sure she wont like me anytime soon. But she seems really stressed and unhappy. I don't like seeing people like that." She said as she frowned. " I didn't mean to kill your friend. " She said softly as a tear shown. " I have never killed anyone before. But I could only think of protecting my brother. I understand if she holds that against me. I understand if the people here do it. Believe it or not I'm not big and scary as I may seem. " She said smiling softly at him an laughed softly. " I guess we have that in common too. " I can't sleep because all I see is his face and him running for my brother over again and his face as I kill him. My brother never said anything about having to live with the men you killed. But I'm sure for your people it's a fact of life and he has probably forgotten by now how he dealt with his first kill. It really lonely without out him. I'm use to him always around even when I sleep. He use to pull pranks on my all the time or he would end up in my room asleep on the floor. I had another bed just put in my room after a while. He felt it was his job to protect me even when I slept or that's what he said. I think he was afraid of losing me like he did all of you. I honestly believe he was waiting on more white men to come at any moment and capture him and drag him away. Maybe staying here with the Elder lady is best. I do need to learn a lot and I'm sure you don't have time to teach me or would want to teach me. Thank you for being willing to teach me hunting and tracking though." She said smiling as she gathered the leftover food into one pile.

Pallaton held Spotted Deer tighter feeling her as he slept peaceful for the first time in a long time. He couldn't explain why but with her again he could sleep and he didn't need his little sister near him. He held her in a loving manner that he had learned from holding his dear sister. It was gentle yet firm so no one could steal Spotted Deer from him every again.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-19-2015, 11:39 PM

Red Cardinal was surprised to hear that she wished he didn't have to go. He chuckled softly and nodded, "Ahyoka, if you need anything all you need to do is ask me. You do not need to do anything for me but I will appreciate it if you do." he answered her and looked down at Koon. "Help her get better. The princess will grow to like you eventually, just give her some time to learn some more about you. Perhaps you should spend some time with her when you can. She doesn't get many visitors nowadays." Red Cardinal explained softly and looked at her. Quickly, he stood up and walked over to her where he gently wiped the lone tear away. "Please do not cry Ahyoka. It is not your fault, you were doing the right thing. You were protecting family. Family is very important here, we will do everything to keep family safe." He informed. He could see she missed Pallaton already, the two were very close. They were probably rarely separated so it made sense that she missed him already. "Do not worry Ahyoka. Your brother is still here, he isn't far and you can visit him whenever you wish okay?" he informed and smiled warmly. "I will teach you as much as I can Ahyoka." Red Cardinal added softly.

Lady Chello

Old 12-23-2015, 06:16 PM

Ahyoka looked up at him as she gave him a faint smile. " Thank you once again for your kindness. But I'm sure you need rest and have better things to do than keep me company. I hope that you sleep well." She said softly as she reached down gathering the leftovers. She paused as she looked up at him and smiled softly. " I look forward to learning from you. I think I'll go check on the other people. Some of your people might be hungry and enjoy these leftovers. Besides I need to make sure that everyone is doing well. " She said as looked over at the little pup. " If you wouldn't mind could you take him with you? I'm not sure what time I will return. Some of the people here are rather sick. I need to be a care taker and take care of them. So I may not be able to spend as much time as I would like learning from you this week. You reminded me that Spotted Deer isn't the only person here I need to look after. I will do my best to prove to everyone I'm not like the other people of my kind you have encountered. " She said with determination in her eyes. " Now if you will excuse me I need to go check on the others."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-23-2015, 10:08 PM

Ahyoka was right, he did need rest, a lot of it. He was exhausted and tomorrow was going to be a busy day, he would be hunting with Ahyoka and he was actually looking forward to it. He was sure she'd do a great job at it. "Thank-you Ahyoka, I do need to sleep. I hope you get some rest as well. I know you want to help, but you need to help yourself as well. It will do no one any good if you fall ill." Red Cardinal pointed out. he looked down at the little pup and smiled, nodding as he carefully picked it up. "I'll take home with me, do not worry, he will be taken care of I promise." he assured. "Have a good night Ahyoka." Red Cardinal said softly before excusing himself and walking out of the tent then over to his own."You two get some rest okay? Do not worry little one, you will see your mother again soon. For now you will remain here with me and you will be taken care of." he said then looked at Koon. "You will behave okay?" Red Cardinal said as he walked into his own tent and set them both down to sleep. Lying down to sleep, he hoped that Ahyoka didn't push herself too hard. That thought lingered in his mind as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Lady Chello

Old 12-24-2015, 07:17 AM

Ahyoka smiled as she heard him and waited for him to leave. She went where she was needed sharing the food that had been left making sure that everyone was cared for. Her last stop was Spotted Deer's home. She was hesitant to enter and simple just peered in as she saw Spotted Deer and her brother entangled with one another. She felt a little awkward but saw the fire was low. She very quietly put more logs into the fire and check Spotted Deer for fever. She left quietly and walked back to the Tepee she shared with the elder women. She went to sleep near midnight. Ahyoka knew she would hate having to wake early and hoped the sun wouldn't be to bright.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-24-2015, 07:35 AM

Spotted Deer slept peacefully that night, and when morning arrived she was hesitant to wake up. She was much too comfortable right now and wanted to continue sleeping and enjoy the warmth she was feeling. Though perhaps that was just the fever? She didn't know but these questions eventually forced her to open her dark brown eyes and blushed when she saw it was Pallaton who she had cuddled up to. Spotted Deer smiled nervously though and remained in his arms, closing her eyes while she thought about what she would do today. What would they do today? Would he want to teach her stuff? would she be able to leave her tepee today?

The following morning, Red Cardinal awoke to the feeling of someone on top of him. Groaning, he opened his eyes and noticed Koon had decided to lay on his chest while he slept.Looking around, the pup had curled up at his side and Piki was perched on top of Koon's head. "When did you get back Piki?" he asked the hummingbird tiredly. Carefully, he pet it's small head with his finger and gently shook both Koon and the pup awake. "Wake up, all of you. Today is a busy day, perhaps Ahyoka is still sleeping but she will be awake soon and we will go hunting...or whatever she wishes to do." he explained and yawned softly.

Lady Chello

Old 12-24-2015, 07:08 PM

Ahyoka woke unwillingly as the sun greeted her. She grumbled as she sighed and knew she needed to get up. She was surprised to see that the women had gotten up earlier and made her a breakfast. She smiled as she saw there was enough for three others it appeared. She sat there and ate her breakfast rather thankful for it and the kindness the women had shown. She wondered if it was going to get colder. The air already hurt to breath and it worried her. She knew if the people didn't dress warm enough they would get sick and could die. She worried about their housing and knew she needed to talk to Spotted Deer about it. After all she was their leader. Ahyoka would love a roaring fire and a good hot cup of tea. However she was far from those comforts. She looked around as she exited the Tepee seeing some of the people up and about. She noticed that some had made shawls and warm looking clothing from pelts of different animals. Maybe that's what she needed to do for herself and Spotted Deer. If she could hunt the right animals and make them both one it would keep them warmer.

Ahyoka made her way to Spotted Deer's Tepee after checking on the other people. " Excuse me are you awake?" She said standing outside. She slowly peered in as she knelt down upon entering. She could see that Spotted Deer was awake and smiled softly as she watched her watching her brother. " uh...Princess I'm sorry for intruding please forgive me. However I brought you both food and I wanted to check on you. Your fire had got low last night. I had put more wood in it but I was worried it may not have been enough." She said as she bowed her head down resentfully.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 12-28-2015, 05:50 AM

Spotted Deer opened her eyes again and blushed softly when she saw Ahyoka kneeling there. "Oh...h-hello Ahyoka." she started and shook her head. "No need to apologize, it is always nice to have visitors even if it is just for a short while." Spotted Deer answered. "Oh thank-you very much, that is very sweet of you to do!" she said happily and gently shook Pallaton. "Pallaton wake up, your sister is here." Spotted Deer said softly as she carefully sat up. "How was yesterday? Did you enjoy your time with Red Cardinal? Was he kind to you? He didn't disrespect you did he?" she asked curiously.

Red Cardinal sat up and then stood before placing the humming bird in it's cage and making sure it would be warm. "It's much too cold for you to be outside. You too Koon. The pup and I will be leaving though since I am sure he wants to see Ahyoka." he explained and carefully picked up the pup in his arms after pulling on his warm fur boots. He didn't have much warm clothing but he didn't mind the cold, he was used to it. Walking out of the tepee, he walked over to where he was sure Ahyoka was still sleeping. When he reached the tepee, he pet the pup gently. "Ahyoka are you awake?" he asked and peaked inside but to his surprise she wasn't there.

Lady Chello

Old 12-28-2015, 06:32 AM

" No it's ok Princess he tended to sleep deeply when he does sleep. Besides he looks so peaceful there with you. It's a shame to wake him." Ahyoka said as she smiled warmly at Spotted Deer. " We both know that Red Cardinal would never disrespect a women. And we both know he was kind as always. He is a very caring person. You have taught him well he is a very kind person and well loved and liked by the people here. Just as you are Princess. I really enjoyed my time with him. I can see why you care for him so. He is a really good man." She said smiling as she thought about him. Ahyoka got up slowly as she walked over and knelt down feeling Spotted Deers head. " Just a slight fever. If you can rest for the next two days. You should be fine after that to do as you wish with in reason. You will still need to take it easy. So no wars for you. " She said trying to make a joke. " You should try and dress warmly it will help. And if you get tired rest. Pallaton can carry you if you get tired and still want to go out. Besides he brought horses. I've seen him with animals he is amazing. I'm sure he could get one of them to carry you. Just promise to take it easy ok."