hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 01-21-2016, 08:37 AM

Played by: Siren Sonder
Name: Ameya
Appearance:

Last edited by hanahaki disease; 01-21-2016 at 08:42 AM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-21-2016, 04:12 PM

Played By : Cora
Name: Alliyandrail (Alliya)

Appearance:

((Thought I'd at least get you this before I left ^.^

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-22-2016, 03:44 AM

To anyone who didn’t know the inner workings of the Temple of Orthanai, they might have found the sight to be unusual, but to Alliya the large fountain in the middle of an ornately decorated, but fairly empty room, was part of everyday life. She had visited this fountain every day since she was a small child still being trained to be the next High Priestess. This was the fountain of wishes. It was a place for the priestesses to come for daily prayer towards those fellow beings among them on earth.

It was the job of the priestesses, and in particular the high priestess, to watch over the people of earth and pray for their peace and harmony. For only with constant vigilance to the peace of the world is the world held from being thrown into Chaos. They must have a pure heart free from the normal joys of the world. Love for another, which most of the land revered as sacred, was forbidden to the priestesses. Priestesses must love all life and cannot love an individual.

Alliya ran her thin fingers through the water on the surface of the fountain, and let the cool water run over them, drawing an image on the water. One image after another appeared on the water’s surface, images of people’s wishes. She sent prayers of kindness to each one, prayers of peace, and also prayers of hope. This was how she spent her time, the time when she wasn’t running the other matters of the peaceful temple of Orthanai.

She was just looked out the vast window at the setting sun and thinking that she might call it quits for the night head back for the Shinki Shrine (where her room was located), when a young girl, not older than the age of 8 came racing into the room. When she came skidding into the room she caught sight of Alliya and immediately sunk to the ground in a deep bow with her hands over her head. “Lady Alliya, Lady Alliya, please come with me, please!

Under normal circumstances Alliya would have scolded the child for bowing like so. She hated being treated like royalty. They were all priestesses of the high temple, and all of them served a part in the prayers that the temple prayed for. All of them held some part of the earths balance. However, now was not the time for scolding, not when the child appeared so fervently upset, “Ellith, my dear, what is so desperate that you come to me so out of breath?

It’s Lady Moiraine, I…” the girl was shaking and her voice was hardly more than a whisper, “something is the matter with her…she’s sick or something

Alliya looked down at the girl standing before her shaking and afraid, “Ellith, I need you to be strong for just a little longer and take me to her. You were a good girl to come to me” She reached down and took the girls hand and squeezed it in a reassuring sort of way.

Ellith looked up at her and slowly nodded, “Yes, Mi’lady, I can do that.” She said it in a strong sort of way that made Alliya smile at her.

Moiraine was lying in bed, writhing in what was a clear depiction of pain and suffering. She was surrounded by a flock of Priestesses. Alliya quickly parted them and knelt by her side. “Moiraine, please, tell me what happened. I….cannot help you if I do not know what is wrong

P..p..please Alliya, I will only speak to you” the words where soft as a kitten’s paws, but Alliya heard them. She could tell the moments where crucial, each moment was a moment too late. She stood up and faced the Priestesses, “I ask that all of you politely leave this girl to me. We do not know if what she has is contagious and we cannot risk any of the rest of you getting sick or injured as well. Ellith, inform Jezaral of what has happened here, and also that I will be taking charge of her”

Ellith took a frightened look at Moiraine before giving a little squeak, and in a small barely audible whisper said, “a…a..are we going to be ok?”

Alliya smiled, “I’ll protect you Ellith, but hurry, Jezarel needs to know”

Ellith took one last frightened look at Moiraine but didn’t say another word. Instead she did as she was told and briskly walked out of the room.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 01-22-2016, 10:28 AM

The Ganas were hard at work, receiving souls from the mortal world and redirecting them to new bodies after the process of cleansing them of their karma. Ameya hovered overhead, overseeing them. This was his realm, Yomi-no-kimi, a realm below the earth on a different metaphysical plane, and these were his loyal workers, with the sole purpose of their existence the same as his: to deal with death. He knew of another realm, one far above the earth, where new souls were generated. Sometimes, he idly wondered about visiting there, but there was no link, physical or incorporeal, to take him there.

Chitragupta sailed over to him, his notebook clutched to his chest. "Lord, I have made a note of all due souls for today." The notebook had interminable pages and was a record of every mortal death of past and present. Chirtagupta knew when every body formed on earth had to return to the soil, and the soul to Yomi-no-kimi. Every day he listed the due deaths in a fresh page of the notebook, making Ameya's task easier to carry out.

"Good," approved Ameya, taking the notebook from him and skimming the page. "First on the list is...Moiraine... of the Temple of Orthanai. A Priestess. How ironic." he said without mirth. Chitragupta smiled dutifully.

"Well, I'll be off then." Chitragupta would supervise while he was gone. He closed his eyes, collecting the dark slate mists of his aura around him and concentrating his effort on twisting matter and metaphysical space to transport him where he wished.

Before he knew it he was at the heart of the Temple of Orthanai. A fountain permeated it with an undertone that sounded like countless whispers, bouncing off the walls and high ceiling. He went closer to it, looking down into the scintillating water. It actually was countless whispers.

He glided from room to room, admiring the ornate work the artisans had put in while building the temple. The carvings were delicate, done with devotion and therefore suffused with divinity. He felt a kinship with the temple, for he was after all an element of the divine, even if his role was opposite to that of the ones worshipped here. He came to the room where the selected soul lay in a bed surrounded by Priestesses, flailing and thrashing. A girl hurried out of the room with alarm in her eyes as he was about to pass in. She didn't appear to notice him. He concluded she was not a Priestess, or one who hadn't yet spiritually advanced enough. After all, she was a mere child.

He entered, aware of the Priestesses' stunned gazes on him. The woman in the bed, Morraine, writhed harder than ever, gasping, seeing her doom come upon her. He looked down at her with real sympathy. He spoke, lacing his voice with as much kindness as he could muster, "Come with me. You have gone through illness and suffering. I will put an end to it. You have lived a fruitful life, doing great service to the earth. You are fulfilled. You will find peace."

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-23-2016, 01:53 AM

Before the group of priestesses could clear out of the room a man walked into the room where Moiraine was currently writhing in pain. The sight was something foreign to a vast majority of the girls who were standing around her and they parted easily, though each of them regarded him curiously. Men were generally not allowed to enter the Temple of Orthanai without special circumstances. Most of them had only seen a man through the fountain, certainly never in person. And none of them had witnessed death of any kind here in the temple. People did not come to Orthanai to die.

Alliya, who dealt with those from the outside world when the occasion arose, had met a man a time or two before that night, but tonight was different. Many emotions racked through her brain as she watched him so confidently glide, for his movements could not have been described as simply walking, into the room. The first was anger, how could a man enter this place without having her permission, had the guards let him through? Deep in her mind though, curiosity was also there.

The man walked over to where Moiraine still lay, racked with pain, and with suffering. What was this man going to do with her? He stood before her and there was a sort of….what was it? Gentleness? That stirred a curious emotion deep within Alliya. Something that she didn’t quite understand, and it caused her a bit of puzzlement. It was only when he spoke, speaking words of kindness to Moiraine that Alliya finally understood who this man was, and how he had managed to pass by her guards.

The rest of the Priestesses had one by one left the room as fear had overtaken them, but not Alliya. After some time Alliya, Moiraine, and death, for that is all she knew to call him, were the only three left in the room. Alliya strode forward cautiously to stand before Moiraine, and also death. She looked at him for a moment, looking him curiously in the eye but not saying a word. She stood there like that for some time, how long, she never really knew how long. In the end she decided that there was a kindness in him, and that he was going to relieve Moiraine’s suffering.

Still she wondered if what afflicted Moiraine was going to effect the rest of them. Death she was sure would know what had killed her, but she would try and ask him that before he left. Instead she turned her back to him. Moiraine had been trying to cling to life, not trusting the man, because she was raised to never trust men, or at least lack of knowing them caused her to be cautious. She took her hand and gently squeezed it. “Its ok Raine, go with this man now, your pain will be all over soon” She would hold her hand until the last moment.