random crunky
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 PM

I suppose it doesn't matter too much but just out of curiosity, do they have a ETA on when the presents will open on December 25th?
I will probably be sleeping in, so I probably won't miss anything xD

Majhra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-24-2008, 06:07 PM

I have a question. The thing is that I collected 8 buckets and exchanged them for a present, then I collected 8 more and exchanged it for the second one, but I got the same present as the first. Is it supposed to be like that? And why is there a gray gift missing under one of the colour gifts?

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Majhra - I am not sure about your first question, maybe a glitch?
Might want to check with a mod.
The second one though I can answer.
The grey boxes are the ones that have not been released yet.
tomorrow one will probably turn colorful and you will able to buy it.

Majhra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-24-2008, 06:16 PM

Oh well that makes sense, though I think the mods are really busy, I'll just wait till one of them answers here ^^ Thank you crunky! <3

Waffle
BAZINGA!
Send a message via MSN to Waffle

Old 12-24-2008, 06:37 PM

Despite the fact that the presents will open on the 25th, we can still get the items from the Mayor after they open, yes?

Miyaku
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Miyaku

Old 12-24-2008, 06:41 PM

This event seems really fun! Hehe, And I seem to recall seeing Channah's profile before.

Sinister Sassy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 06:50 PM

CK, you deserve extra brownie points! Keeping up with any thread is difficult, and you're doing great. By now, I'd be banging my head on my keyboard and cursing Tim Burners Lee. XD

Korrye
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-24-2008, 06:59 PM

Can we collect yarn and snow both, every ten minutes or do we have to alternate?

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2008, 07:14 PM

@Waffle
Yes, you'll be able to turn in your snow buckets until the end of the event.

@Korrye
Yes, you can collect both every ten minutes. You don't have to choose one or the other. :yes:

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 PM

Does taking yarn from Greed and giving it to Channah negate itself or increase the bar?

The wording confuses me >.<;

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random crunky View Post
I suppose it doesn't matter too much but just out of curiosity, do they have a ETA on when the presents will open on December 25th?
I will probably be sleeping in, so I probably won't miss anything xD
Sleep in. XD

It all depends on which AA can get online when to do it. It's a manual process of adding the items to the boxes. If I wake up at 8:30am central and "Christmas" isn't going to start until 9am or something, I'll go ahead and do it if Juru or Chi or Jelly or Yan hadn't done it already. :3 Or it could be sometime around 2pm, even. I have no idea what my schedule will be tomorrow. LOL. And I'm sure they aren't entirely sure either about theirs. :3

But I'm pretty certain it'll be done by 5pm central.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majhra View Post
I have a question. The thing is that I collected 8 buckets and exchanged them for a present, then I collected 8 more and exchanged it for the second one, but I got the same present as the first. Is it supposed to be like that?
Are you sure you didn't accidentally mis-click? I got prezzies this morning without problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Sassy View Post
CK, you deserve extra brownie points! Keeping up with any thread is difficult, and you're doing great. By now, I'd be banging my head on my keyboard and cursing Tim Burners Lee. XD
LOL. Thank you! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
Does taking yarn from Greed and giving it to Channah negate itself or increase the bar?

The wording confuses me >.<;
Sorry about the confusion!

Taking yarn from Greed does nothing. No worries - take as much as you like!
Spending yarn in the special event store decreases the bar.
Donating yarn to Channah increases the bar.

:3

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-25-2008, 12:03 AM

Ah! Thank you, that makes more sense.

I've been donating all of my yarn, but I wasn't sure that it was doing anything.

13 haru 13
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-25-2008, 12:18 AM

Whooooooooooo
bring in the holidays

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-25-2008, 12:56 AM

It is doing something, no worries. XD ::has seen the statistics::

Channah's bar isn't updated in live-time (though apparently the statistics are) so that's why it seems like there are long stretches of "nothing" and then the bar will jump. :3

And the bar is taking into account every account participating in the event.

Ryko
The fallen angel wolf
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryko

Old 12-25-2008, 02:41 AM

I've been posting, but I'm not getting snow buckets for it. Any advice/help?

And yes, I've been posting a lot and understand that you get 1 bucket for every 4 posts. I read that, but my count still isn't going up.

EDIT: Sorry, I did get 1 after a bunch of posts. Still, thought it was 1 every 4. *confusion* Oh well.

Last edited by Ryko; 12-25-2008 at 02:50 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-25-2008, 02:58 AM

It is one bucket for every four posts you make... It's possible that you looked up after using quickpost and it hadn't registered as it won't automatically. ^^

Ryko
The fallen angel wolf
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryko

Old 12-25-2008, 03:06 AM

Ah, alright. Thank you for helping me with that. ^_^

HyunJae
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to HyunJae Send a message via MSN to HyunJae

Old 12-25-2008, 03:10 AM

This event is fun. [';

Except that my avatar is wearing shorts and tank top during the winter. xD

[L]ove[H]ate
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 12-25-2008, 03:37 AM

You know, I am really enjoying this event. It's really great with how it's set-up and everything. <3 Thanks mene.

Candiie
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-25-2008, 03:50 AM

wahhhh~ i can't wait to see what's in the present boxes. * o*

Majhra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-25-2008, 04:28 AM

Will the gifts open at precisely Dec. 25th as in midnight today? I just want to know if I can stay a little later since I won't be here tomorrow <3

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-25-2008, 04:29 AM

I'm a little confused about the yarn. o w o
If we take yarn, does the bar go down? o - o
[Since it says taking yarn has the opposite effect of the bar going up...]

Cause it makes it sound like the bar should stay at 0 or something. xD;;

But anyway, I've been a good kid an am giving all my yarn back to Channah. ^ ^ I think I'll actually play games for my special event items this year. XDD

June
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to June

Old 12-25-2008, 04:39 AM

I don't think I'm getting the 0.05 buckets of snow from people posting in a topic that I created. Anybody else having this problem?

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 12-25-2008, 04:40 AM

Question about making an event hangout..
I'm not sure if I understood this right, but if we make a thread in this forum and we post in it, will be still get snow buckets for that?
Or is it only possible to get the snow buckets from people who post in your thread?

And also, about the presents...
Since there are two more left to be released, would one of them be released tomorrow and the last one on the 26th?
If so, would the last present be opened already since all the presents open on the 25th? xD;

Last edited by suppi; 12-25-2008 at 04:42 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-25-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majhra View Post
Will the gifts open at precisely Dec. 25th as in midnight today? I just want to know if I can stay a little later since I won't be here tomorrow <3
Nope - they will open sometime on the 25th. I would assume sometime before 5pm Central time zone. The AAs have to do this task manually and we have our own Christmases to deal with. ^^

I'm about to run to take a bath now, but if I'm still feeling alert at midnight, I may come back and do it, but I promised my family I'd go to bed early tonight, so it may have to wait for tomorrow for the first AA to have time. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightRun View Post
I'm a little confused about the yarn. o w o
If we take yarn, does the bar go down? o - o
[Since it says taking yarn has the opposite effect of the bar going up...]

Cause it makes it sound like the bar should stay at 0 or something. xD;;

But anyway, I've been a good kid an am giving all my yarn back to Channah. ^ ^ I think I'll actually play games for my special event items this year. XDD
The yarn-o-meter goes up if you donate to Channah.
It goes down when people use the yarn in the event store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I don't think I'm getting the 0.05 buckets of snow from people posting in a topic that I created. Anybody else having this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suppi View Post
Question about making an event hangout..
I'm not sure if I understood this right, but if we make a thread in this forum and we post in it, will be still get snow buckets for that?
Or is it only possible to get the snow buckets from people who post in your thread?
Sorry, at the moment, you are not getting 0.05 yarn for someone else posting in a thread that you've created.

However, you will get 0.25 for posting anywhere in the forums except Word Games... Including your own threads.

This may change later. Insomniac hasn't found that bit of the code, but he said he'd activate it if he found it. :yes:

EDIT: About the Dec. 26th present -

On the 26th you will be able to enjoy your present immediately. ;) But you can still also enjoy its gift box.