Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-15-2012, 02:39 PM

In a little alley, whose cobblestone steps seem to have been neglected, is a little cul-de-sac. Flowers grow abundantly here, where a little mushroom-shaped house is located. It looks like there's only barely enough room for someone to live in.

The mushroom-shaped house is a two-story affair, with the second floor being a bedroom. The first floor is divided in two-- a kitchen in the back and a dining room in front.

The house doesn't even have a door-- just an entrance. It seems the owner expects people to just come and go.

The base of the house is surrounded by flower pots, each of whiich are filled with some nameless, exotic flower, and all around the yard are little lawn tables with little picnic chairs around them.

Just around the entrance to the cul-de-sac is a barely legible menu listing several items for free.

Despite the faerie-like atmosphere of the shop, the area around it seems oppressive, or even a little bit lonely. Perhaps you should visit and keep the owner company.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-15-2012, 02:56 PM

*walks into the shop and looks around* Hello?

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-15-2012, 03:03 PM

You hear foot steps coming from upstairs, rushing down. It didn't take long for the door to the kitchen to open. A short man with Chinese facial features, but obviously non-Chinese hair and eye colors comes down to greet you. His face is framed with messy white hair that hides crystal blue, almost cyan eyes and he is wearing what seems to be a masculine version of a qipao, and what looks like heavy leather gauntlets. Past the flowing bottom half of the qipao, he wears vaguely beige chinos and brown shoes.

"Yes? What may I get for you?" he asks, in a peculiar sing-song voice. He has a somewhat implacable accent-- distinctly not an Asian one, despite what his garb and facial features suggest. He seems a bit antsy and lonely, but still happy to see someone visit his shop.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-15-2012, 03:06 PM

You see your customer smile at you, his hazel eyes shine. "I'm new to this establishment. What would you recommend?" The young man tucks a stray strand of hair behind his ear. The rest of the hair is in a braid.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-15-2012, 03:13 PM

"Umm... Umm..." He stutters a bit. "W-We have a variety of exotic herbal teas, and fresh, robust coffee. All the ingredients are grown in our own g-garden!"

In describing the foods, his face seemed to light up, as if excited. His feet were poised as if he were prepared to go outside-- presumably to pick the plants for whatever his customer's desired beverage was. He slaps his forehead, realizing he forgot something. He tells the customer to take a seat somewhere near the window to the kitchen.

The strange man retreats into the kitchen to fetch something and returns with a small bowl of candied flowers. "Please, please. Help yourself." The bowl itself was a warm-colored wooden bowl. It exuded the aroma of the forest-- a natural, calming smell. There was a healthy assortment of the candied flowers-- Roses, Marigolds, Lavender, and some other nameless exotic flowers, which the customer might remember were planted in little pots outside. Each flower was coated with a thin layer of caramelized sugar. This wasn't enough to turn them brown, though. The layer was just thin enough to make it look as if the delicate confections were made of glass.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-15-2012, 03:17 PM

The stranger sits where he's instructed to. He enjoys the ambiance of this place. When the candied flowers are placed in front of him he smiles. He had grown up eating candied flowers and this brings back happy memories. "I would like your finest green tea, cherry if you have it." He says popping a flower into his mouth.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-15-2012, 03:26 PM

"Of- Of course sir!"

The man had a distinctive gait. He slouched, but he didn't look lazy-- in fact, it looks like the slouch came from hours upon hours of tending to plants. While walking, his hands were not at his side, but brought near his chest.

He leaves for a bit to pick plants outside and returns with two pots of plants. Certainly, neither were tea nor cherry! This man certainly had a peculiar idea of what tea and cherry plants looked like. He brought the pots into the kitchen. His work was visible through the kitchen window as he picked purple-speckled yellow berries, pink stalks and purple leaves. He uprooted one plant and took the fleshy root from it.

The fleshy root looked like stone, but yielded to his knife as if it were the softest, most delicate peach. He dropped all that he cut away from the plants into boiling water, and left the kitchen with one pot devoid of anything but soil. Unceremoniously, he dumped the soil onto the ground outside, but returned the pot with the plant still in it in its old place.

In the kitchen, the pot with the plant mixture boiled. First, it smelled of oranges and lemons and citrus, then, it smelled of flowers. Finally, it smelled of tea and emitted an odd smoke that rose from the pot as a rainbow, but as it mixed and was thrown about in the air, turned grayish.

He ladles the mixture into a cup. It certainly smelled like green tea infused with cherry, but certainly didn't look like it. It was mostly a thin, pink liquid with a somewhat iridescent sheen to it, and it still smoked with that odd rainbow smoke.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-15-2012, 03:35 PM

Kirin watches this in awe. He is looking forward to trying the concoction. He continues to watch as the man works and eat the flowers, he has most of the bowl gone.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-15-2012, 03:45 PM

The man had disappeared into the kitchen-- quite literally too. He visibly went into the door, but was suspiciously not in the kitchen. It didn't seem like he was going to reappear any time soon.

The pot in the kitchen boiled away, and the remainder of the mixture thickened. The window of the kitchen closed suddenly and refused to budge. Though the windows and door were closed, the strong, fragrant perfume of the concoction filled the air. It seems the man decided to leave the customer alone with his 'tea' and probably wouldn't appear unless his attention was called again.

On the subject of the tea, the tea tasted very sweet, though it tasted more like maraschino cherries than non-processed ones. It had a very smooth, creamy feel to it, as if it were milk, and not once did it lose its sweet aroma, though it did stop giving off the multi-colored steam. The iridescent sheen continued to swirl around the top of the mixture, forming vague shapes that would disappear as soon as they came.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-15-2012, 11:57 PM

Kirin sips his tea enjoying it thoroughly. He breathes in the scent, never had he tasted such amazing tea. He notices his candied flowers are gone. He wonders to himself if he could get more.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-16-2012, 02:03 AM

More footsteps can be heard. Soon, the door to the kitchen opens and the odd man steps out. In his hands is another bowl of candied flowers. All of the crystallized petals in the bowl were a very light pink-- almost white, in fact. He retrieves the old bowl of candied flowers and sets down the new bowl on the table.

"The tea is very good, yes? Yes?" He had an impish grin on his face, clearly very happy that the customer was enjoying the beverage. The man didn't wait for a reply before literally disappearing into the kitchen once more.

A few minutes later, he comes out with a pot with a different plant, setting it outside to replace the one he used to make the tea. The plant is similar, but the leaves look somewhat more succulent and the color a bit brighter.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM

"The tea is some of the best I've ever had." Kirin says with a smile. Though he does wonder about the mans odd behaviors. Though to him it really doesn't matter. He pops a candied flower into his mouth letting out a content sigh.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-17-2012, 08:35 AM

"Ah, thank you, thank you!" The man was glad that his customer vocalized his appreciation. "I use very exotic plants, yes. I grew them myself." He opened the door to the kitchen once more, preparing to disappear.

One would have to wonder where he goes off too, as there seemed to be no path to anywhere in the kitchen. As he stepped in, he didn't disappear this time. He took the pots and prepared to clean them. The soap he used was very runny. Purple, coming from a round-bottom bottle.

He scrubbed the pot carefully, then rinsed it. He then closed the windows and doors to disappear once more.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-17-2012, 06:50 PM

Kraven enters the cafe and walks up to the front counter. He waits for someone to take his order.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-18-2012, 02:16 AM

Kirin sees the new comer. "Good day." He says with a smile.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-18-2012, 05:10 AM

Kraven:

The familiar, heavy footsteps of the strange man can once again be heard descending a flight of stairs that just weren't there. Soon, he exits the kitchen, closing the door behind him. "Yes, sir? Is there anything you want? We have a large selection of coffees, teas and cakes. Err, Umm-- Though the beverages and the complementary candied flowers are free, I am afraid I will have to ask small favors of you if you wish to order anything substantial."

The white-haired man had a somewhat nervous, lonely look in his eyes. In his hands, he gripped a notepad and a stick of wood with a sharpened, charred end. On the counter, there was a lit candle, though it didn't seem to emit any heat. Presumably, this is for charring the wood again if it dulls.

Kirin Rosenbaum:

The man then turns to the hazel-eyed man asking if there was anything more that he wished to order.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-18-2012, 01:13 PM

Kirin thinks a moment. "Do you have any sort of sandwiches?" Kirin realizes the sugar is getting to him.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-18-2012, 06:42 PM

"Yes, I would like a cappicino please"

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-19-2012, 06:37 AM

This place, it seemed almost cozy. Almost safe. It had a very faerie-esque feel to it. Ikori stood just outside the entrance, sniffing at the air almost delicately. It smelled pleasant, still he couldn't help but wonder if he would be welcome in such a place. Even in human form. A hard life had taught the dog to be wary of people, yet he couldn't bring himself to completely avoid them. Cities of men always called to him, he was bound by the chains of destiny, and the destiny of any dog is to be a protector, a friend and loyal to his master. It seemed simple, but humans always made things so complicated, also it seemed the chains of destiny were tightly wrapped around Ikori. Other dogs seemed to be good at going feral, ignoring the call of their destiny but for him, it was just unignorable.

Ikori took a deep breath and stepped into the little cafe. He wasn't wearing a shirt, his hands shoved into the pockets of his jeans, would he be shooed out of this establishment? He'd been turned away before because he lacked a shirt, it wouldn't surprise him if it happened again. Brown sorrowful eyes danced over the interior, slipping over the people already inside the place, looking them over with a hint of nervousness.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-19-2012, 10:16 AM

Kirin Rosenbaum:

"Why yes. It's rather cheap-- you only have to wear this necklace for a day," the man says, holding up an ornate golden medallion with a ruby set in the center. The medallion hung from a chain of twisted, soft vines. In fact, the vines looked rather like silk ribbon. One could only tell they were vines by noticing the fact that rather verdant leaves grew from them.

Kry:

Leaving Kirin for a bit for him to make his decision, he turns to Ikori to greet him. However, the man quickly makes a 180, bolting towards the kitchen. He went back out bringing a bowl of candied sprigs of lavender. Then, he properly greets the man and seats him. "Sir, sadly, we only have two tables inside, unless you don't mind sharing with either of these gentlemen. There are plenty of seats outside, in the garden, if you wish to be alone, though. Don't hesitate to call my attention if you need something."

Kraven:

Lastly, he turns to Kraven, noting down his order. he bows low-- the style of bowing typical for Asian countries. He steps outside to retrieve a plant, which seemed withered and dead. It smelled strongly of chocolate and coffee, despite this. The man snaps off a branch and crumbles it into a cup of hot water, turning it into coffee. He then sets the cup onto Kraven's table.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM

Kraven takes a sip. "Excellent! The best coffe I've had in years"

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 PM

"Ahh~ Thank you. Thank you for complement!" the man said, his accent somewhat thickening. He had pulled another bowl of candied flower petals from seemingly nowhere and set it before Kraven. "I will be in the kitchen if any of you need anything," he said, before disappearing behind the kitchen door again.

Every time he did this, both the door and the window would close, and sounds similar to footsteps going up a flight of stairs can be heard, though there were no visible stairs in the kitchen. He would soon come out bringing out more strange plants, then bringing some in to dump into a pot. The liquid in the pot seemed to solidify into an assortment of candied flowers as it heated.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-19-2012, 05:00 PM

Ikori hesitated, this man and this place were rather odd. He sniffed the air delicately, testing it for the scent of magic. When the man spoke, Ikori nodded slightly and glanced at the other two occupants for a moment. "I..I don't mind sharing.." His voice was quiet and held only a hint of the sorrow that seemed to constantly fill his eyes. Then that man that had greeted him was turning his attention elsewhere. For only a few customers in this place, the man seemed very busy. Ikori watched the man as he disappeared into the kitchen, it really was an odd sort of place. Ikori liked it. Tentatively, he approached Kirin's table and hesitantly sat down. Giving the man across from him a gentle smile.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-19-2012, 05:10 PM

Kirin wonders why he would have to wear a medallion to get a sandwich. He eyes it not sure. But then he decides why not take a risk. "I'll wear it." He says.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Kraven had some of the candied flowers as he drank his coffee.