Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
I think a lot of people had that problem. I don't know if it was because they were scared of the contest because of what they had seen from judging or whatever, but I think that now that Cora is in charge, she'll open more people up to it. She's friendlier than I am haha!

bbr, happens! And with this post, I now have all five EIs! So excited :D
No it was just me. I didn't post a lot - I was a lurker. I would stalk the thread and see all the updates but was too nervous to ever try it out myself XD

YAY! congrats!

Mimmu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 AM

I realised that I have like five items - one EI, rest of them commons - which I want to buy using tokens, but my own tokens are gone, and clock is 2.28 AM, Sunday 24th. So, goodnight you and hopely the rest of you will get the items what they want!

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
It's an elementary school AND a middle school. I teach general music to grades Pre-K through 8th grade in addition to that I teach musical theatre and help with chorus stuff as well. D:

*goes to check out thread*
LMAO a hideous avvie contest XDD
Oh wow. That is a lot of students and stuff to do. Music is fun though. Out of curiosity since there is a general music class do they still have band for the middle school students to join?

Yup, a hideous avi contest. The good olde days, lmao.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimmu View Post
I realised that I have like five items - one EI, rest of them commons - which I want to buy using tokens, but my own tokens are gone, and clock is 2.28 AM, Sunday 24th. So, goodnight you and hopely the rest of you will get the items what they want!
Aw I'm sorry!!! I wish I could help out! Last time I had enough tokens to help others get the items they wanted but this time I'm struggling D: XD Goodnight <3

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
Oh wow. That is a lot of students and stuff to do. Music is fun though. Out of curiosity since there is a general music class do they still have band for the middle school students to join?

Yup, a hideous avi contest. The good olde days, lmao.
The band is the one thing I don't do. There is a band director who comes in after school and the kids pay him directly to have him teach the band. It's really small though...18 kids total D:

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I think a lot of people had that problem. I don't know if it was because they were scared of the contest because of what they had seen from judging or whatever, but I think that now that Cora is in charge, she'll open more people up to it. She's friendlier than I am haha!

bbr, happens! And with this post, I now have all five EIs! So excited :D
I always wanted to take part in Project Mene since if first started. I was always afraid that I wouldn't have the time or the items I'd need for the avatars. Of course now that I'm taking part in it I found myself buying new commons to make my entries.

Seiki unfriendly? I haven't seen that, but then we haven't really chatted much either and I tend to get along with just about anyone.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 AM

Now to comb through the store and see what I can buy with what little gold I have xP

Mirianna Fayth
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
I used to be a lurker - that's one of the reasons I never had items and never changed my avatar XD Then I went on a hiatus my senior year of undergraduate college and came back afterwards and just decided to start posting XD
Ah, I see. Well I lurk because it's in my nature tnd I get ingored a lot if I try to post. So I lurk or rp.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Now to comb through the store and see what I can buy with what little gold I have xP
lmao that's what I'm doing now.

Except I'm posting to earn some tokens...then spending the tokens...then posting more XD

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirianna Fayth View Post
Ah, I see. Well I lurk because it's in my nature tnd I get ingored a lot if I try to post. So I lurk or rp.
lol that's why I started this thread - I would post and no one would see D: and I know it wasn't on purpose but I wanted to post talk XD

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
The band is the one thing I don't do. There is a band director who comes in after school and the kids pay him directly to have him teach the band. It's really small though...18 kids total D:
After school? That is a lot different from where I live. Of course the elementary, middle and high schools are all separate. I know that I wouldn't have been able to take band if my parents had to pay for it like that. So I'm not too surprised that there aren't many students.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
After school? That is a lot different from where I live. Of course the elementary, middle and high schools are all separate. I know that I wouldn't have been able to take band if my parents had to pay for it like that. So I'm not too surprised that there aren't many students.
Apparently they used to have a full time general music teacher who also did the music theatre....and a part time teacher who came and did a band elective for the middle schoolers.

But the school is a private school and has really declined in enrollment numbers and so now only did they completely cut the band teacher...but cut the music teacher to part time.

And the enrollment numbers are already down for next year.... I've had a parent say to me, "this is probably unprofessional for me to say but I'm putting my kids in a new school next year....the only teacher here we will miss is you" and that was a huge compliment but so sad because so many parents feel the same way...

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 AM

Hello! :)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
Hello! :)
Hello there bubble! Your avatar is super cute :D How are you?

Seiki Nova

Old 02-24-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Seiki unfriendly? I haven't seen that, but then we haven't really chatted much either and I tend to get along with just about anyone.
I mean, not that I was unfriendly, but I definitely think that I had an elitist attitude. I was one of those avatar snobs who told it as it is and held nothing back, and I thought everything was my way or the highway. That's one of the reasons why I was kicked off the staff back in the day. I've mellowed out a lot in comparison, but I think that there are definitely times where I still act like a snob or come off as abrasive towards people.

Quote:
lmao that's what I'm doing now.

Except I'm posting to earn some tokens...then spending the tokens...then posting more XD
if I can earn some tokens before the event is over (which I still don't know what time that will be) to buy commons I will, but I want to make sure I get the things that I want before I lose the chance to get them cheap!

Hi Bubble!

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 12:29 AM

Thank you! Yours is pretty cool. :)
I'm okay, what about you?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I mean, not that I was unfriendly, but I definitely think that I had an elitist attitude. I was one of those avatar snobs who told it as it is and held nothing back, and I thought everything was my way or the highway. That's one of the reasons why I was kicked off the staff back in the day. I've mellowed out a lot in comparison, but I think that there are definitely times where I still act like a snob or come off as abrasive towards people.

if I can earn some tokens before the event is over (which I still don't know what time that will be) to buy commons I will, but I want to make sure I get the things that I want before I lose the chance to get them cheap!

Hi Bubble!
You were part of the staff? I don't even remember that XDD *been here since 07 and didn't know* XDDD

All the items I want are the higher priced ones so it's taking a while to earn the tokens XD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

not true, Marie
we always notice you

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Quote:
Thank you! Yours is pretty cool. :)
I'm okay, what about you?
Aw thanks <3 I was just messing with the backgrounds and created an avvie around that lol

Who did the art in your siggie? It's pretty!!

I'm doing well! Sad that one day of the weekend is almost over already! XD

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
not true, Marie
we always notice you
Aw I know it wasn't on purpose - but I went in and it was so fast no one noticed my posts XDDD

My brain just can't keep up right now *too tired* D: XDDD

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Aw thanks <3 I was just messing with the backgrounds and created an avvie around that lol

Who did the art in your siggie? It's pretty!!

I'm doing well! Sad that one day of the weekend is almost over already! XD
You're welcome, it looks really nice! ;)
I did it. And thank you very much! :D
It's past midnight over here, so it's already Sunday for me. :(

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
You're welcome, it looks really nice! ;)
I did it. And thank you very much! :D
It's past midnight over here, so it's already Sunday for me. :(
It's about 8pm here D: Then another week of work! I can't believe it's the end of February already!!!

Do you have a deviantart? I'd love to watch you...your art is really painterly and I love that :D

Seiki Nova

Old 02-24-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
You were part of the staff? I don't even remember that XDD *been here since 07 and didn't know* XDDD

All the items I want are the higher priced ones so it's taking a while to earn the tokens XD
It was Mid-07 to Early-08. I was a moderator/event coordinator. It was a really long time ago.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
It was Mid-07 to Early-08. I was a moderator/event coordinator. It was a really long time ago.
Lol I totally don't remember that XD It always surprises me when I see people who were part of the staff and I didn't know they were XDD

I feel like the staff has been pretty solid the past couple years at least XD I didn't realize how much staff change has happened over the years XD

Seiki Nova

Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 AM

It has been pretty solid actually. Not a lot of change. A few new moderators/pixelists to replace those who left the staff, but generally pretty solid.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Quote:
It's about 8pm here D: Then another week of work! I can't believe it's the end of February already!!!

Do you have a deviantart? I'd love to watch you...your art is really painterly and I love that :D
My birthday is in the beginning of March so I'm actually okay with that. hehe.

I do, but it hasn't been updated in a year I think. I post my stuff on tumblr, now. It's just easier for me.
Tumblr and DA
I'm not that great, though. Please don't be disappointed.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Quote:
It has been pretty solid actually. Not a lot of change. A few new moderators/pixelists to replace those who left the staff, but generally pretty solid.
I think the biggest changes were the pixelists...I remember a few who are no longer around D: Good thing we still have wishie!

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote:
My birthday is in the beginning of March so I'm actually okay with that. hehe.

I do, but it hasn't been updated in a year I think. I post my stuff on tumblr, now. It's just easier for me.
Tumblr and DA
I'm not that great, though. Please don't be disappointed.
I really like your style!

If I used tumblr I would surely follow you but I just don't use that site XDDD

You should post your mene arts to the mene tumblr :P that thing needs some lover!!

My mom's birthday is next Sunday! I just went out to get her a gift today :D

What day is your birthday? Happy early birthday :D

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
I really like your style!

If I used tumblr I would surely follow you but I just don't use that site XDDD

You should post your mene arts to the mene tumblr :P that thing needs some lover!!

My mom's birthday is next Sunday! I just went out to get her a gift today :D

What day is your birthday? Happy early birthday :D
Well, thanks a lot! :D

I will. I might make a thread later to draw some people and I'll post that. I have a lot of stuff to post on tumblr already, I'm just finishing a drawing and then I'll post them all. That's why the last thing there is like a week or so old.

What did you buy her, if I may ask? xP
My birthday is on the 9th. :) And thank you! I'll be 19. Almost not a teen. hehe