SugarRos
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to SugarRos

Old 03-16-2010, 03:31 PM

I can get into them when I'm in the mood, but I tend to enjoy Historical romance more than Modern romance.

Supi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-17-2010, 03:27 AM

Eh...I only like romance when it's not the major focal point of the story. And done tastefully. Trashy romance novels don't make me heated, they make me a little sick. But ah well.

I naturally gravitate to modern fantasy I guess you could call it or sci-fi anyway.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziatenaj View Post
Eh. There was only one romance novel I have ever liked. I can't remember the name but it was about a woman going back in time to show the world that you are supposed to Mary for love and not wealth or status.
Sounds like the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon to me. Could never get myself to read it, but that's the bell that that description rings for me. ^_^

I don't much read pure romances anymore. Too much sex, not enough story. ^_~

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 03-19-2010, 01:58 AM

I read a lot of romance novels. I mainly read paranormal romance though.

Authors I read are Sherrilyn Kenyon/Kinley MacGregor, Catherine Asaro (only her fantasy series and not the sci-fi stuff), Laurell K. Hamilton, Partica Briggs, Kerrelyn Sparks, Angela Knight, and many other that I can't think of at the moment.

Then, I'm currently reading Wicked Enchantment by Anya Bast. However, I didn't buy the actual book. I bought it on Amazon for the Kindle but I don't have a Kindle. I'm reading it with the Kindle of the iPhone app on my iTouch.

Edit: I just joined Shelfari. It looked interesting. So, there's not much there, but I'm working on it.

Last edited by TerrenaAnimula; 03-19-2010 at 02:13 AM..

atkdid
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to atkdid Send a message via MSN to atkdid

Old 03-19-2010, 02:55 AM

I've read a lot, most of which I can't even remember at this point. :) I really like Janet Evanovich's books because they're romantic but some are suspenseful and all of them are funny and sweet. Her Stephanie Plum series is pretty good, as is her.. Full series? Full Tilt, Full Scoop etc. hehe

The Enchanted Tiara
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-22-2010, 02:09 AM

I've loved romance novels since I was 11 years old, but right now I mostly only read paranormal romance.

0_Vice_Captain_Yachiru_0
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to 0_Vice_Captain_Yachiru_0 Send a message via Yahoo to 0_Vice_Captain_Yachiru_0

Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 AM

I have been reading Romance novels since I was about 14.
I read all kinds of romance novels.
I like historical, sci-fi, and so on.
I was never able to get into Nora Roberts or the other name she writes under.
But my mother on the other hand has read all the Nora Roberts books and loves them.

atkdid
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to atkdid Send a message via MSN to atkdid

Old 03-27-2010, 01:58 AM

I've never read a single Nora Roberts book. Most of my romance picks are either really funny or paranormal/sci-fi. My mother however loves Nora Roberts and Nicholas Sparks, and has read all of their books.

0_Vice_Captain_Yachiru_0
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to 0_Vice_Captain_Yachiru_0 Send a message via Yahoo to 0_Vice_Captain_Yachiru_0

Old 03-29-2010, 08:29 AM

I have read too many authors to name them all.
But the main authors I like are:
Christine Feehan *
Gena Showalter *
Brenda Joyce *
Pamala Palmer *
Kinley MacGregor *
Karen Robards
C.L. Wilson *
Cassie Edwards *
Hannah Howell *
Karen Marie Moning *
J.R. Ward *

The ones with * by their names I really like their books...

heather20

Old 04-04-2010, 04:56 PM

I love romance novels! I have tubs and tubs of them! I love Christine Feehan, Hannah Howell, Kinley MacGregor! Julie Garwood is another really great author. I am always getting hooked on other authors while waiting for my favorites to write new books. They never write them fast enough to suite me.

The Enchanted Tiara
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-05-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather20 View Post
I love romance novels! I have tubs and tubs of them! I love Christine Feehan, Hannah Howell, Kinley MacGregor! Julie Garwood is another really great author. I am always getting hooked on other authors while waiting for my favorites to write new books. They never write them fast enough to suite me.
Haha, I can totally relate to where you are coming from. I'm hooked on so many authors right now (and counting) while I wait for them to write new books.

PoppyPatch
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2010, 01:13 PM

Eh, I don't really like romance novels. We had to read some for school and everyone absolutely dreaded it--even the girls! haha

LadyKnightSkye
Now the Mule of Kin-Akari

Old 04-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enchanted Tiara View Post
I've loved romance novels since I was 11 years old, but right now I mostly only read paranormal romance.
Yay paranormal! ^^ I only really like reading paranormal and romantic suspense these days, though I have dug out some of the historicals I like. >.> Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick is an awesome author (though it does irk me to have to run all over the library/bookstore to get to her books), and right now she's my main lady since she does both paranormal and suspense.

I have to ask though, has anyone else here tried Bertrice Small or Johanna Lindsey? My sister and I used to love their books, but nowadays I'm not that big a fan. I tried to reread Small's <i>Skye O'Malley</i> and couldn't even get through the first half of the book. Someone mentioned before that pure romances were too much sex and not enough story, and that's the problem I found with Small. Although, I don't remember her other books being so heavy on the hanky-panky.

The Enchanted Tiara
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-06-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKnightSkye View Post
Yay paranormal! ^^ I only really like reading paranormal and romantic suspense these days, though I have dug out some of the historicals I like. >.> Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick is an awesome author (though it does irk me to have to run all over the library/bookstore to get to her books), and right now she's my main lady since she does both paranormal and suspense.

I have to ask though, has anyone else here tried Bertrice Small or Johanna Lindsey? My sister and I used to love their books, but nowadays I'm not that big a fan. I tried to reread Small's <i>Skye O'Malley</i> and couldn't even get through the first half of the book. Someone mentioned before that pure romances were too much sex and not enough story, and that's the problem I found with Small. Although, I don't remember her other books being so heavy on the hanky-panky.
Yea, I can see myself reading romantic suspence as well, although that's pretty much it.

I used to love historical romance a lot, but I do agree that it's too much sex and not enough story to keep my interest. XD I want sex AND story, lol.

And it's how I write as well. I write paranormal romance mostly.

sweet windmelody
Cookies is my life!!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 PM

I love romance novels. It's on of the genre of books that I read the most. XD I read a lot of different romantic books that I don't have favorite authors. I usually don't care about who the author is, I mostly care about what the story is about. XD

LadyKnightSkye
Now the Mule of Kin-Akari

Old 05-28-2010, 12:18 AM

@Enchanted Tiara: Well, my experience says that not all historicals have way too much sex. To me it more depends on the author. Amanda Quick is historical, but she only has maybe two detailed sex scenes in a book, while Small had three in one chapter.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 06-02-2010, 05:31 AM

I haven't posted on here in ages...but it's nice to know that there's a lot of other people that read romance novels besides me (honestly I thought I was alone ;_; ).

How many books do you all have? My count is about 70-75 right now on my shelf (There's actually more there but I haven't taken a new picture yet). Pretty much it's where all my money goes, which is why I'm always broke.

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-03-2010, 01:59 AM

i havent read too many romance novels~

Masayume

Old 06-24-2010, 03:44 PM

I'm not normally one for romance novels, but I found Jane Eyre a really good romance novel. Read it for my grade ten advanced English.

lillian90005
The scars are nothing compared t...
Send a message via AIM to lillian90005

Old 06-25-2010, 02:43 AM

Oh, I've read Romance Novels alright and I've been reading them since 8th grade (I'm in 10th now). My mom's okay with it being that she read them at my age. Here are the books I've read and am absolutely in love with. (the sex scene...woohoo is all I got to say)

+ In Twilight's Shadow by Patti O'Shea
+ Night Falls Darkly by Kim Lenox
+ Danger's Kiss by Sarah McKerrigan
+ Wages of Sin by Jenna Maclaine

And then there are the **OTHER** types of romance books I've read...

+ Addicted by Lydia Parks
+ Juicy by Noelle Mack

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 07-03-2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite Blakeney View Post
I haven't posted on here in ages...but it's nice to know that there's a lot of other people that read romance novels besides me (honestly I thought I was alone ;_; ).

How many books do you all have? My count is about 70-75 right now on my shelf (There's actually more there but I haven't taken a new picture yet). Pretty much it's where all my money goes, which is why I'm always broke.
Lol. I know exactly how you feel. I think overall, I have about 400-500 books, most are romance and manga (which are mostly romance :XD: )

By the way lillian90005, I like your little adoptions in your sig. Where did you get them?

Last edited by Roxxi Shiagami; 07-03-2010 at 02:53 AM..

takaratenshi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-03-2010, 06:51 AM

if you are into mystical and romance at the same time and comedy too then try kate mcalister she is an amwzing writter and her works are hillarious mystical and hot and steamy too ^^ i love her work that and if your into mystical and dramatic and steamy try christene fenhen she does awesome vampire and shapeshifter novels!!

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaratenshi View Post
if you are into mystical and romance at the same time and comedy too then try kate mcalister she is an amwzing writter and her works are hillarious mystical and hot and steamy too ^^ i love her work that and if your into mystical and dramatic and steamy try christene fenhen she does awesome vampire and shapeshifter novels!!
Christine Feehan is a really good author to get into. My favorite series is the Ghostwalker series. It's got a bit of mysticism as well as a little bit of conspiracy theory. Overall, really good.=3

lillian90005
The scars are nothing compared t...
Send a message via AIM to lillian90005

Old 07-06-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxi Shiagami View Post
Lol. I know exactly how you feel. I think overall, I have about 400-500 books, most are romance and manga (which are mostly romance :XD: )

By the way lillian90005, I like your little adoptions in your sig. Where did you get them?
Oh my old ones. From Squiby.net :D

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 03-27-2011, 06:17 AM

Okay, this hasn't been posted in for a little under a year, but considering the fact that there's been at least three other threads based on this made recently, I just wanted to bring this one back up for main discussion.