chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM

Hi!
If you know about vocaloids:
Do you like vocaloids? Which are your favourites? Which vocaloid songs are your faves?
If you are blissfully ignorant of the existence of vocaloids:
If I was feeling lazy I'd tell you to go Google, but I'll say a few words here because I'm feeling generous :P Vocaloids are basically computer programs that sing. they sound human tho (because humans provide their voices for them). They were developed in Japan (of course!) and they have their own image just like a real singer. There have been roaringly successful live performances, not just in Japan but in NY and I think LA, too. Have a look:
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoTd918zhZc/YOUTUBE] There's loads more where this came from. Just go to YouTube and search for vocaloid songs, there are over ten thousand, maybe more.
You can buy the vocaloid software and make your own music, but I'm warning you, it's far from easy. (I speak from experience. I own a vocaloid- Gumi Megpoid, my favourite).

Last edited by chirp; 05-07-2014 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: I forgot to say something

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-07-2014, 02:33 PM

I love Vocaloids! My number one favorite would have to be Luka. I adore Rin and Len as well as Lily too.

My favorite song would have to be either Romeo and Cinderella or Adolescence, both the Rin and Len versions.

Honestly, I'm not much of a fan of Miku at all >.>

I also really like the Duke of Verona. Such a catchy song XD

Neko-Yoru
Your Friendly Soul and Dream Dev...

Old 05-08-2014, 02:02 AM

I absolutely love Vocaloid! My favourites are Rin Kagamine (I like Len too, but he gets too high pitched and sometimes squeaky even if he is a guy who is going through puberty xD lol!) and Luka Mergurine. Some other Vocaloids that aren't really popular I like are Kiyoteru, Chie, Ooka, ISeeU (originally Korean), and IA. I don't care much for Cul or other Vocaloids with really deep sounding or high pitched voices..

---------- Post added 05-07-2014 at 09:28 PM ----------

I have around 900 different songs all together and over 500 of those songs are by Vocaloid alone.. The ones on my favourites list are...

Sakura Song- Chie ft. Ooka Miko
Flowers Bloom in the Night Sky Please Summer!- Len, Gakupo, Kaito, and Kiyoteru
Again- Ib (If you don't know the game you won't understand the reference to any of the songs from Ib)
Memory(Ib)- Rin Kagamine
Puppet(Ib)- Mary
What? Ah, Yes.- Ib
Bringing the Rain- Len Kagamine
Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder- both Rin and Len Kagamine versions
Cinderella Syndrome- Rin Kagamine
Electric Angel- Rin and Len Kagamine
Envy Catwalk- RIB
Shake it!- Miku Hatsune, Rin Kagamine, and Len Kagamine
Hot Cocoa- Len Kagamine
Invisible- Rin Kagamine and Gumi Megapoid
Pinko Stick Luv- Rin Kagamine (not what it seems... <-<)
Kokoro- Rin Kagamine
No Thank You- Miku Hatsune
Remote Control- Rin and Len Kagamine
Sigh- Rin Kagamine
Skeleton Life- Rin and Len Kagamine
Tell Your World- Miku Hatsune
Love is War- Miku Hatsune
Interviewer- Luka
Just Be Friends- Luka
Answer (A continuation of Just Be Friends)- Luka
Music Box of Time- Luka
The Girl Who Doesn't Know How to Love- Luka
Tori no Uta/ Song of the Bird (originally by Lia and opening for the anime Air)- Luka
Witch/ With Hunter- Vocaloid (there are so many of them that sing this song it would be like nails on a chalk board trying to figure them all out, but here are the obvious ones if you wish to know... Rin, Len, Miku, Luka, Gakupo, maybe Kaito?, and maybe some more? Idk if I covered all of them or if there is one extra.. oh well..)

Zira Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-08-2014, 02:57 AM

I like Double Lariat by Luka. It makes me think of a character of mine

Neko-Yoru
Your Friendly Soul and Dream Dev...

Old 05-08-2014, 04:05 AM

Here's the download link to the game Ib I mentioned earlier if anyone is interested ^^ Ib

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 05-08-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko-Yoru View Post
I absolutely love Vocaloid! My favourites are Rin Kagamine (I like Len too, but he gets too high pitched and sometimes squeaky even if he is a guy who is going through puberty xD lol!) and Luka Mergurine. Some other Vocaloids that aren't really popular I like are Kiyoteru, Chie, Ooka, ISeeU (originally Korean), and IA. I don't care much for Cul or other Vocaloids with really deep sounding or high pitched voices..[COLOR="lightseagreen"]
'Witch' is my favourite vocaloid song ever!
I'm so glad you even know about 'Sigh'! I never thought her sighing had its roots in breathing out to keep a dead Len warm. Really creative and SO touching!
I don't know what it is about Kokoro, but even though like 80% of vocaloid songs are tragic it's the one that makes my eyes think there are onions around.
'Butterfly on your Right Shoulder' I like Len's version 'cause it's the original. I like to think the composer was trying to break gender stereotypes with it, though I ship LenxOliver so the gay theory is fine too :)
I love Kiyoteru, and I'll boo anyone who says he sounds like Kaito! You just have to listen to 'Summer Funeral Song' to know he doesn't. I love his 'True Education'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOS Duke View Post
I love Vocaloids! My number one favorite would have to be Luka. I adore Rin and Len as well as Lily too.

My favorite song would have to be either Romeo and Cinderella or Adolescence, both the Rin and Len versions.

Honestly, I'm not much of a fan of Miku at all >.>

I also really like the Duke of Verona. Such a catchy song XD
I didn't like Miku either until I came across the works of Kikuo. He's the only composer who makes me sort of like her. Don't watch his 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry' though, he goes way overboard with that one.
I like Lily too, and I think she deserves more popularity and more songs.

RosieBlue

Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 PM

I love Vocaloids!!!

My favorite song is Gakupo, Boys Don't Cry. :)

I also like Oliver's Once Upon a December.

Gakupo is def. my favorite Vocaloid.

(Oh, I love Witch Hunt, too. The one with Luka.)

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-03-2014 at 02:02 AM.. Reason: Ghost Hunt Game

Mysstii
-Casual Lurker-

Old 08-28-2014, 08:05 PM

Wow this is a small thread ;A;
I love Vocaloid and have been a fan since 2011. I have many favorite Vocaloids, KAITO, MEIKO, LEON, Luka, Gumi, IA,Gakupo, ZOLA(WIL, YUU, KYO) and there's probably a few others I missed. If I really had to narrow it down to one, I'd say Kaito.
There's TONS of songs I really like so it'd be hard to list them all. Pft well I'll give it a shot. In no particular order, and I'll try and add the producer if I know:

NEXT STAGE |Luka|MuryokuP
4 FREEDOM|Luka|Shu-T
Kara|Luka|Otetsu
Dream Suspention Song|Kaito+IntroP|IntroP
What's COLOR?|Kaito|ShinjouP
Threadnation|Kaito|EZFG
4AM Monologue|IA|yksb
Liar|IA|Nekobolo
SUPER WORLD|IA|gaSHOT
Initiation|Miku|
EYE|Miku|ATOLS
Umbrella|Miku|Tiara
GODDESS|Meiko|Shu-T
Rosette|Meiko|
Go Forward|Meiko|Shu-T
~It was the way of the SAMURAI~|Gakupo|mathru
Breathe|Gakupo|
Zero|Gakupo|
FLOWER TAIL|Kaito|Yuukiss
Farewell Song|Kaito|ShinjouP
Crystal Bird|Kaito|
MoonFlower|Meiko|Yanagi
Arcadia|Luka|

And that's just some. Yes I do have some Miku songs I like but I'm not a big fan. I'm really picky with her.

RosieBlue

Old 08-29-2014, 12:35 PM

Wow! I haven't heard any of those yet! (Must remember to have that list handy when I go on youtube next time. :P )

Mysstii
-Casual Lurker-

Old 08-29-2014, 03:04 PM

XD I do lots of digging around. There's only a few "popular" songs I like. There's only a couple in that list I might consider popular.

RosieBlue

Old 08-29-2014, 06:33 PM

Ah. I've mostly been telling youtube to play the mixes... Maybe if I pull up one of the ones I haven't heard of yet, the mix will be different. :)

Mysstii
-Casual Lurker-

Old 08-29-2014, 08:36 PM

Mhm I bet it would XD I normally search for songs using the Japanese tags when on youtube unless I'm on my Nook like right now(no copy/paste).

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 AM

My favourite vocaloid songs are 'Kagome Kagome' and 'Alice of Human Sacrifice'.
There's also like a metal version of Miku that I forgot the name of, and some of those songs are pretty cool.

I downloaded the freeware one, I forget which vocaloid it was, but the program itself was hard for me to work with, so I couldn't get it to sing much of anything. Too bad, because that would have been a fun music program to mess about with.

I probably mentioned but before I got early onset arthritis I played guitar and bowed psaltery both for fun and semi professionally in a couple of bands. I like having new instruments and programs at my beck so I can add interesting new touches to songs when I write them.

Mysstii
-Casual Lurker-

Old 09-01-2014, 05:33 PM

....Freeware? I hope you mean UTAU or you downloaded an official demo of a Vocaloid. Otherwise...it was probably Pocaloid which is the cracked version of Vocaloid.

That's pretty cool :) I've got no musical experience whatsoever.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-05-2014, 07:42 PM

This song would definitely be my favorite.

I haven't listened to vocaloids in a long time, but when I hear about them that song immediately comes to mind

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 09-09-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysstii View Post
....Freeware? I hope you mean UTAU or you downloaded an official demo of a Vocaloid.

That's pretty cool :) I've got no musical experience whatsoever.
I think it was the official demo for one of the girl voices. That computer crashed on me awhile now, or I'd check and see.

I have to admit now, even tho it seemed to have apalled you a bit, I never thought about DLing any of them illegally. I haven't played on Pirate Bay in awhile since I'd not got an encrypted VPN, but now as you mention it....

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-04-2014, 12:46 AM

dj-Jo's Dubstep remix of Again from FMA using Miku was just awesome. Yui- Again Feat. Hatsune Miku(Dubstep Remix by dj-Jo)

Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 10-06-2014, 03:47 PM

So, what are vocaloids? (I have never personally seen/heard anything about them)

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-06-2014, 09:43 PM

Vocaloids are singing voice synthesizers. Each Vocaloid program is a different voice, listed by a name and number. Each Vocaloid also has an appereance to them.

These are the main ones most people know about, I'll update more but also, These are the live performances. :3

Hatsune Miku - World is mine

Luka Megurine(by far my favorite) - Luka Luka Night Fever - Changed the URL because this concert was better

Rin and Len Kagamine - Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder

Rin - Meltdown

Luka and Miku - Magnet(My favorite vocaloid song)

Luka(Again) - Just be friends

----

Not live

Kaito, Miku, Luka - Acute

Miku - Online Game Addicts Anthem WAITED FOR THIS TO BE ON YOUTUBE FOR SO LONG

Rin - Tokyo Teddy-bear This song is kinda messed up to me o.o

----
Some also have English as well but they aren't that great, reason I didn't bring it up til now.

Luka - Radioactive(Cover) I listen to a lot of the English ones... this was the best one so far.

Last edited by KisaraKitsune; 10-08-2014 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: More songs~

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-11-2014, 10:03 AM

KisaraKitsune: Have you checked out the producer AdyS? He uses Engloids and English banks pretty well.

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-11-2014, 10:10 AM

I'll admit I hvaen't. I'll take a look at that after I get home from work.

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-12-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KisaraKitsune View Post
I'll admit I hvaen't. I'll take a look at that after I get home from work.
Okey-doke. He's the best Engloids producer I've come across so far. He actually uses SONiKA and uses her well, and she was his first vocaloid! He's got two albums and an EP with Vocallective Records, they're downloadable and they're free and they're prutty good. I like playing them while I'm writing.

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-12-2014, 10:03 AM

It's hard to find a good Luka in english. That's always been my problem.

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-13-2014, 10:28 AM

There was one english Luka song I saw recently, I think it was called 'Miracle is Dead.' The PV was very good but Luka's voice actually made me wince.
'Secret' is the best I've seen so far of Luka in english. (AdyS unfortunately doesn't use Luka as yet :P)

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-15-2014, 05:53 PM

Most Luka is decent, it's just people can't seem to use her properly. That radioactive link I had was the best, and I rather enjoyed it. So I was pretty pleased by that.