Banned

Old 04-06-2008, 07:42 PM

Yayy!
-sends gold-

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 04-06-2008, 11:12 PM

Thank you kindly!
I've gone ahead and sent the donation with the name.

*sits down*

So...how are you doing?

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:00 AM

All Mermazons have now been PMd to the owners!

How am I doing? Got my first uni assignment back today, and got a Credit - which means between 60 and 69 percent. So could have been better, but could have been a heck of a lot worse! Apart from that, things are pretty much same old same old.

And how are you?

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 04-07-2008, 10:09 PM

Well, I'm doing good. Trying to come up with some good names for my new betta fish.
I'm just flat out of good names that match the fish.

Peanut
Banned

Old 04-07-2008, 10:34 PM

I love mine. xD <3
Is there any way to make sure our Mermas will have odd colored eyes? o3o

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-08-2008, 01:49 AM

@Kaderin - have a siamese fighting fish that I named Lo Sha, after a character from Guild wars. I believe in giving fish interesting names that you wouldn't normally give a fish.

@Peanut - not as such. I insert them randomly into flatsales, some sales will have more odd-eyes than others. I will also have competitions and events in which you can get a custom and choose odd eyes, or a specially dressed odd-eyed Mermazon auction. You will also have a chance at getting an odd-eyed Mermazon from breeding, even if the parentals both have normal eyes. In the future I might change my mind about requesting this in a custom, but for now these will be the only ways of getting it.

Peanut
Banned

Old 04-08-2008, 02:28 AM

Do any of ours have odd eyes?
o3o

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-08-2008, 02:51 AM

That's for me to know and you to find out! *grin*

No, none of that FS have odd eyes except for the Coralkin, which if you read the tribes info is the norm. I only decided to have at least one in every FS after those had all been coloured. Still, I am about to start setting up an event in which the winner gets to have a custom with odd eyes, and will make sure that HALF of the next FS also have that.

I think I should make a condition of entry that those who enter need to help me advertise it in their sigs while it is happening - nothing big, just one line which is a link. Do you think that's fair, or am I asking too much? Of course, entry will be free.

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 04-08-2008, 03:21 PM

Yay! I'm excited for my little mermazons XD

They're going to be so cute, I can tell >.<

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 04-08-2008, 04:39 PM

Arkeyla: I know..that's what I'm trying to do with my fish. I'm just flat out of imagination though!
Oh, and for the event, I think that sounds fair...the sig advert I mean.

Peanut
Banned

Old 04-08-2008, 10:56 PM

I don't think the sig thing is fair. D;
I love my sig and it's barely small enough as it is.
>.>

EDIT:
I only say it's not fair IF it is mandatory.

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2008, 12:03 AM

@Peanut - I decided to make it non mandatory, but there is a strong suggestion there that you will get constant puppy dog eyes from me to do it, and the occasional telepathic prrrrr-leese echoing through your mind. *grin* Still, it's not a condition of entry. I thought that was a little mean after all myself.

@Kaderin - Hmm. Well, what abour some names from Greek Myth? Not necessarily the gods, but some like: Narcissus, Ariadne, Perseus, Heriklaeon, Andromache and Priam?
Or names of characters from older RPG games such as Baldur's Gate 1 and 2: Keldorn, Jaheira, Valygar, Viconia, Xan and Tiax?
Perhaps odd names made from adding 'fish' to stuff you wouldn't expect, such as: Kettlefish, Fishpants, Bluefishpie and Fishscream?
Even raid the forums and steal usernames to give to your fish!

You know, I am finding it hard to wait for the proper days to do the growings on. They might even happen early...
One thing I did notice about cruddy old Photobucket updates is that uploading the same picture no longer overwrites the previous, so I might have to get you all to just save the .jpg images as and when I post them here in the thread if changing the name doesn't work (or if I feel it's too much work for me, lol!) once the new (1) marked image is uploaded.

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 AM

Hey, these are awesome! do you want me to put up your banner at my art auction? I'll draw up an item a bit later, I'm at the wrong computer right now...

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2008, 12:57 PM

Aw, that would be lovely of you, Veelana! If you want to use a banner as well as text to say what is happening, rather than just the text in the competition post, grab the one in my sig. No rush with the item, you still have heaps of time to enter.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 04-09-2008, 05:51 PM

Hmm...I don't really know RPG games so that would be pointless for me. I'll have to check different mythologies though and see if I like any.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Here's my entry - I ouldn't believe that you didn't make one already!
you really need a

Seashell Bra!!

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2008, 11:12 PM

Hey, that's cute!

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 AM

Told you I would get bored waiting... and so I grew the Mermazons early. They are all now at the Fishgirl Stage, and the direct links should have worked (if not, try refreshing first). Anyway, here they are for all to see!

Oh, you may have noticed that I shrunk the certificates a bit - I think it looks better this way.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 04-10-2008, 04:16 PM

Aiee!
*hugs mine*
They all look so cute in this stage!
And the shrunk cert looks a bit better. I do agree with that.

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-10-2008, 07:05 PM

They are so cute! I really hope I'll win the contest so I can get one...
I don't have much money on menewsha yet :-)

Last edited by fiarra; 08-09-2008 at 02:33 AM..

Peanut
Banned

Old 04-10-2008, 07:19 PM

Awwe~!
I love mine~! <3
-hugs and cuddles Mystral-

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 04-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Yay they're all so cute! >.<

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-10-2008, 11:56 PM

*bounces* I am glad you are all happy with your pets!

@Veelana - they are only 250 gold at flatsale, so they're not too hard to get anyway. I hope more people enter the competition though, cause it's really no fun otherwise! Still, if you are the only entrant, that means you win I guess! Still a decent amount of time for entries though.

@Kaderin - glad you agree! In the future I might also make a different cert or two so you can have some variety with your Mermazons.

@Peanut - it's starting to bug me a bit, but I know I have read the name 'Mystral' somewhere before but for the life of me I can't remember where! Any chance you can help me out here before my brain explodes?

@Eroy - cuteness makes the world go around! Well, at least it should.

I now also have a mule for Alyekra, so keep an eye out for the goddess herself to pop in with challenges and the like occasionally. She might even bestow rare items on people... one I do have planned is for a Cursemist - with it, your Mermazon gets a pretty purplish smoke life effect floating around her, but the downside is that she won't be able to breed with it...

Guess I need to update the first page with that now that my main account won't have to get raided my a mental goddess!

I have also coloured two so far for the next flatsale. There will be six this time, so each tribe will take turns having two representatives in a sale, and HALF of this sale will have the 'special' eyes required to roleplay the extra powers. And on this note, don't fret. RP will NEVER be a requirement. It's just there for those that might want to, or who just like the look of odd-coloured eyes! (Except for the Ciralkin, who normally have odd, and whose special powers are signified by normal ones.)

One more thing I want to do eventually is also to have minipets, but I haven't quite decided if they will go on the Mermazon cert, or have their own, or an option for either depending on what the owner wants.

Okay, time to shut up now. Geez, I babble first thing in the morning!

Peanut
Banned

Old 04-11-2008, 01:28 AM

I honestly have no idea.
xD;
I heard my friend say it and was all, "ZOMG. Purdy name. o3o"

Alyekra
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-11-2008, 02:57 AM

Attention, insignificant mortal beings!

I am the all-powerful Alyekra, and I demand that you listen to me.

I have returned to Mermazonia! Word has reached me of my people's unfaithfulness, and it is time to teach them a lesson. It is through you that I shall accomplish this, and I say now that if you so much as breathe a word of my presence to the Mermazons, I will tear out your heart and feed it to you.

I will not stand for insurrection among those I deigned to save so long ago. My revenge will be swift and unexpected!

Be warned. I am here, and I am angry!

Note - Alyekra is not doing anything just yet... she's just stating her intentions so you know what to look for! She also needs clothing. Badly. Guess I had better work on that...