Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-08-2008, 07:58 AM

Is anyone else in here afraid to post stories & such b/c they might be taken by somebody else & end up getting published or something along those lines. You know, them slapping their name on it & calling it theirs? Meh, maybe it's just me, but I sure am. lol :insane:

Cheya
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2008, 02:43 AM

I am... but I keep composition books with my original drafts so that lawyers can see my thought process leading up to the finished product.

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 PM

Yes, That's what I thought, but then again poems usually don't have rough drafts, But I just decided to not post any of my writings on here. *nods* I'm not too much of a risk taker I guess.

chadarnook
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to chadarnook

Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 AM

Yeah, I worry about that, too. If I ever do post here, it'll probably be something I don't care much about, like fanfiction. I've seen too much art theft in my time to think about posting my fiction online.

I guess I don't worry as much about art because my signature's right there on it, but with writing it's harder to trace back to me, especially since I'm unpublished. :/

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-09-2008, 05:20 AM

I personally am more worried about losing my rights to the story by posting it somewhere.
I don't think anyone would steal my stuff, though. I think art theft is a lot more common than literature theft, generally. It's easier and more appealing.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-12-2008, 06:06 AM

I just don't post stories online. Too much of a risk. What I post are mostly thoughts, drabbles, streams of consciousness. Sometimes they're poetic, sometimes they're not, but you'd have to be pretty messed up to be claiming that you wanted to have thought and written that. xD

I like posting here just because it gives you that very small comforting hope that someone is listening to you, even if there really may be no one there. It's out there for the taking. It won't get lost under your bed and be thrown out--unread.

So it's a two way street. If you want to be read, you've got to take a risk.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 07-16-2008, 02:18 AM

I lack confidence to post any work I've done anyways, so I guess that saves me from having to worry. XD; I'm planning on posting what I'm working on now when it's done, but it never really occurred to me someone might steal what I've written.

I'm always wary that someone might steal some of my characters or take artwork of them and use them for their RPs or something, but I never really thought about having a whole story ripped and used without my consent. =/ In one way, I'd feel glad that my characters were at least being used in the context they were meant to, but I'd probably be a bit more upset because they stole my idea too.