Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-06-2013, 04:22 AM

His two classes during the weekend were calming. More calming, perhaps, than any other day. He finished half his personal painting in one day, catching up with the other teachers and deciding to be around the history teacher a bit more. A curious man, that particular teacher. He didn't make a secret out of commenting or even complimenting Reid's color coordination, of which there was very little in the way of coordination. He was glad to hear that, though, perhaps more from Adam than other teachers. Between worrying for other students and finishing his paintings, grading and teaching, Reid found himself drawing the man more often than anything else, but soon after, painting black over it to hide his daydreams. That didn't seem terribly professional, to begin having a crush on a teacher that didn't, currently, show interest to the positive.

When he walked the halls, however, he began hearing things that distracted him entirely from the history teacher. Little rumors. They weren't overtly obvious at first, until he started pointedly going toward the students he had begun to pick out as speaking negatively, and what he heard made his hair curl. He would have grimaced outwardly each time, had he wanted to show the students that yes, a teacher was overhearing their disgusting little accusations. But he didn't do that. He tried to ignore it for a time, until he could get to the object of those rumors.

While his third art class was working, however, he stared at them all. This class was a class of good kids. Ten good kids. He never heard them speaking in disgusting ways about their peers. But when he looked at Terry, sitting closer to the front now than before, it couldn't be more obvious that the rumors were hurting him so badly. He shook his head. At least Terry had no other classes afterward. He had to talk to the young man.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 04:31 AM

Terry tried to focus on his work, but found his mind wandering from the painting he was trying to plan out. Had it really turned into this? It seemed everyone looked at him and whispered behind his back, about the things he did for those he liked. No... The things he did because he couldn't say no. It never really interested him, or even felt good. It didn't hurt either... It only hurt now... Now new people he had never met were asking him... He could barely go a day without being a plaything for four different guys. It was getting too much. If his father could see him now... Thinking about his father made tears well up in his eyes.

The bell rung before he even started his work. It was his last period, and he was glad. He hung back, hoping Reid would notice it and ask him if he was OK. It had been the first time he hadn't completed his work in this class.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:44 AM

He couldn't let others go without someone to pay attention to what they were doing, or having someone near to ask a question of. And when the bell rang he intended to stop Terry if he started to leave. Everyone, however, turned their papers into either folder and filed out of the room, except Terry. Reid stepped forward, closing the door entirely and pulling a chair up to the desk. "Terry... I've been hearing some pretty rough things." Reid's voice was calm now. It held a calm authority that permeated that friendly, sweet disposition he had. "Some students beginning to talk about you in a very negative light. Is there something you'd like to talk about?"

He brushed his loose hair back---while most was tied back in a loose braid, some had escaped that fate. "I can see you've been crying. You can always tell me, even if you think it's terrible." He had heard plenty of terrible things, after all.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 05:09 AM

Terry wiped his eyes again, blushing slightly. He sat back down and stared blankly down at the piece of paper. A half-drawn tree sat against an empty background. So Reid had heard the rumors too. "They're not true!" he said suddenly cried out, pounding the table with his fist. " I don't do that! Not with teachers! Not with old men!" He gulped and blinked, glancing at Reid. "I mean... I don't do that at all..." He hated to lie to Reid, the one person that seemed so genuine.

He started to shake and soon, tears fell heavily onto the paper, splattering his pencil with warm water. "I... I... I..." he didn't know what to say. He sniffed loudly and hugged himself, wiping the tears from his eyes. "I don't like it. I don't like it at all... But I can't say anything... I can only talk to you... I've... You are the only one I can talk to, and I have no idea why..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:25 AM

Reid grimaced, and shook his head. Of course Terry didn't do what the other kids simply decided was true. Reid had been there, and he'd been there the day the boys were expelled. Though they gave him death glares and hisses, the decision was final and they were sent off to their families the next day. Reid slid his glasses up his face, to rest in his hair. "I know, Terry. They're just spreading rumors because it's more fun than the truth." He slid his chair forward, closer to the table so he was across from Terry directly, and grasped the young man's hands. "The fact that you talk to anyone at all is a good thing... You're not keeping it all bottled up inside."

He squeezed Terry's hands. "You know I can make them stop. It doesn't have to make things worse, just a notice handed out at the beginning of the first class. Benjamin doesn't tolerate bullying, and even these little rumors are under that category. It makes you feel bad, makes others hurt you, even if it's not physical." He couldn't help but think of the afternoon he had found Terry beaten and violated, filthy. Familiar. "A notice and a serious warning will stop them, and if you're specifically tormented, you know you can come to me, if you feel comfortable." He hoped that Terry's ability to talk to him would count toward that. "I hate knowing that someone suffers the same way I did. But now, I can stop that." He smiled lightly, nodding, hoping it would count.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 06:47 AM

He sighed and took his hands back, glancing at the door. The last thing he needed was for someone to see him with Reid. If it was known that he was gay, they would assume things... Then the rumors would get worse. He closed his eyes and tried to stop the crying. Soon he was neutral-faced, his emotions sliding away easily. He opened his eyes again and found himself staring in Reid's. So expressive... Full of... care... concern...

"I don't want it to be a big thing... The last thing I want is more rumors..." He shrugged and went back to studying his fingers. He went quiet for awhile, before looking back at the teacher. "It happened when I was 3. I can't really remember it too well... My mum's back was turned for just a second... I ran into the corner of the coffee table..." He blinked, remembering faintly. "It took a long time for her to forgive herself... And my dad..." His voice choked up and he shook his head.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:03 AM

Reid didn't say anything. It didn't have to be a big thing. He would discreetly visit Ben tonight, and detail what he'd heard in the halls, what Terry was going through. Before first class, each teacher would be briefed, asked to take ten minutes out of the beginning of their first class to speak of the zero-tolerance policy in both bullying, tormenting, spreading rumors, and emotional damage that came from spreading untrue stories based on speculation by peers. But he wouldn't say anything about that impending conversation to Terry. It would be easier that way.

He shook his head. "I see." He muttered, nodding quietly. "As long as some form of forgiving took place." But he didn't want to push. He looked down to Terry's half-finished drawing. "You can turn something in tomorrow, if you like." He added, bringing his glasses back down. "I don't mind giving you some extra time." A change in subject seemed to be in order---the way Terry reacted when speaking about how his eye came to lose its vision.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Terry looked at the picture he had started at the start of class. It was ruined by big tear stains. He crumpled it up and threw it into the bin, knowing that Reid would be a bit sad to see this happen. "I'll draw something else..." Maybe he should start with the paints, and just go with whatever came to him. Like Reid seemed to do. "Sir, did you finish your painting?" he asked. Part of him wanted to see the finished product. The other part sensed that Reid was trying to send him on his way, and he didn't want to leave just yet.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:22 AM

He tilted his head, curious. At least it had distracted Terry---his half-finished sketch couldn't be saved after it had become dampened, an unfortunate turn for the picture, but necessary. "I did." He said, smiling and standing. "I brought it into the room to use a a concept for when we officially begin with actual paints." He jumped around his desk, pulling the canvas out from its hiding place and hanging it on one of the hooks on the wall. The finished product wasn't abstract, as he thought it might be; it was a nighttime forest. Most of the trees were caked in snow, except the one in the middle, which had a few bright red and yellow leaves clinging to its branches, laden with snow. It was a mirror to his love of winter, though it wasn't fully here yet. Some snow had fallen, but most of the trees were still covered in leaves, and sometimes the weather grew warmer.

"I hope you like it." Reid said truthfully. "It'll be one of a few on display throughout the year---I make some new ones every year, and the old ones I either sell or give away to some favorite students." He did have favorites, though he wouldn't like to admit that specifically. His 'favorites' came from behavior, mostly.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 AM

Terry stared at the picture, his mouth slightly open. It was beautiful... Something that he could never dream of doing himself. He could almost feel the cool air around him, and feel the snow under his feet. He smiled and closed his eyes. He did love nature and the forest. He could lose himself under the branches, forget about all his worries as he listened to the birds sing and watched the squirrels play. Once he had even been able to observe a small herd of deer.

"I love it," he said quietly, opening his eyes and nodding in approval. It seemed strange that he had been planning to paint a similar landscape. He sighed and looked down to the now empty sketch pad. He had an idea. "Sir, when we paint, do we have to do objects or landscapes...? Cause... I want to paint you..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:42 AM

Reid blinked. He had rarely been surprised by a student, though none had asked to paint him, specifically, before. Maybe a friend, a family member or a pet, someone from home they loved. Never him. Maybe his color palette made them second-guess. Maybe they were just too shy. "Well... Terry, I'd be flattered if you painted me." He smiled, and didn't necessarily try to hide the way his face grew a little red. "That'd be really nice..."

He couldn't quite wipe the smile off his face as he went to put away the painting. It wouldn't go up until next week, when it would act as an observational piece. "You know, Terry, if you have trouble with any methods of drawing or painting, you can come to me. Anyone can, for some after-class help." Some days he could hardly take time for himself---students spent hours practicing with him, asking and learning.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 07:54 AM

"I just need help with sculpting... I have no depth perception, so its hard for me to make something into 3D format..." He thought about what Curly had said to him, before they had gotten side tracked. Curly had said he'd help him when the time came... He also told Terry that he had been his first... He blinked, trying to hide his embarrassment at the sudden thought. "Curly... I mean Darren said he'd help me..." And he had told Curly he'd help him with his other matters. Why had he set himself up like this? Maybe he did like it...

"Sir, have you had sex?" He was getting personal, but he just had to know. He had to know what Reid felt about the whole act. Maybe he wouldn't feel so bad about doing it if he knew that the one he looked up to enjoyed it too.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:06 AM

Reid sat on the edge of his desk---he preferred to keep it clean, or at least halfway so, so that he could sit on it when he liked. It made sense. Having one eye would certainly be a problem regarding depth perception, and it would make creating sculptures all the more difficult. Perhaps he would give Terry a break regarding anything three-dimensional, unless Darren could help him get over that and make it easier.

He couldn't help but blink as if someone had thrown something at him at Terry's straight-to-the-point question, however. It was so random in that moment that it had thrown him completely off guard, but he recovered quickly and erased the dumbfounded expression off his face. "Erm... Yes, I have." He said after a moment. It felt odd to speak of this with a student he taught, though others had come to him with sex questions more than once in the past. Nothing quite so personal to him, however. "I find it a... thing that's best shared with a specific person, because it can... lead to dependence..." He pursed his lips, turning his own gaze down for once. That was all too true for him. But then, his age had been a large factor. He looked back up. "Why do you have such a specific question...?" There had to be something fueling it, after all.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 08:13 AM

Terry shrugged, ashamed that he had made his teacher feel uncomfortable. "I just..." Tell him. Tell him how much sex you have. He can help you. He won't think bad of you... his mind urged him, but he couldn't. Not yet. He scratched his chin, glad to feel some stubble finally growing there. He hadn't had much facial hair growth compared to the other boys his age. Grinner had to shave twice daily.

"I guess... I know this guy... He... Has sex quite a lot... But... Well, I don't think he has ever loved anyone before... So it doesn't feel good..." He gulped down his urge to run and hide. Reid would see through this instantly. "My room mate... Don't tell him I told you... It's just... He tells me these things about his female friends back where he lives..." Yes, that would cover it. "I guess... I just wanted to know what it felt like to... Love another man... Because I'm not sure what my feeling are towards Grinner... I mean, William..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Reid's gaze turned from Terry for a moment, to the window. Outside, powdery snow fell, but the leaves were still on the trees. "I see, Terry." He looked back at the young man specifically. "Your secrets are safe with me, no matter what. I won't tell a soul, you can be sure of that. Some... just make bad decisions. Maybe they don't realize it at first. They get into a lifestyle and suddenly, it's normal to them. It's not odd, or they don't... they don't really draw attachment to anyone they're with. Maybe not then. I guess... one's concept of love is just different. Different for everyone. Many don't need to feel a connection with someone to feel that... good feeling that comes from sex, the act itself. Others need to sense a deep love or affection for the person before they let themselves open up. You just... have to know the difference, I guess."

He stood, stretching his legs and leaning against his desk. "You need to figure it out for yourself before anything else, Terry. You need to know how you feel, and don't get discouraged if you're rejected. But at the same time, don't try to push. You... have to be patient." Especially with these kinds of things.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 PM

Terry nodded slowly, watching Reid move about like some sort of dancer. He wondered what was going through the older man's mind. Who had he loved? What happened? Terry didn't want to ask. Somehow... He sort of knew what had happened, and he didn't want the man to get sad, or even annoyed at his prying.

He got up, putting his drawing utensils into his bag. He had a few hours until dinner, so he planned on going outside for a walk through the trees. He would then find a quiet place and try to study. It may have been only the first month of school, but he was already thinking about his exams at the end of the year. A lot of the students in his year didn't seem to be worried about them, because they still had one year to go. Terry cared about his results, and wanted to make sure he did well for all his exams. Soon they would be doing career days, but Terry already had his mind set on what he wanted to be when he left. A doctor, just like his dad.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 PM

When the young man started moving about, Reid did too, grabbing his pale pink-and-yellow jacket and pulling it on. "I hope I helped you somehow, Terry." He said truthfully, gathering his hair and pulling it out from between his shirt and jacket. "You know you can always come to me if you have any... uncomfortable or personal questions on your mind that you can't talk about with anyone else. I won't think any differently of you." He gave Terry a smile as he cleaned his pencils and papers up, and Reid grabbed his folders of student work. "I'll see you tomorrow, Terry---make sure to close the door when you leave, okay?" He smiled again, and turned to leave.

He didn't go to his office and dorm immediately---he went upstairs, hardly pausing to think about it. If rumors were spreading about Terry and Benjamin, then those would have to be quelled as soon as possible. Simple student rumors could easily ruin a man's employment, his life. And it could cause irreversible damage to Terry's person, his mind or body, perhaps both. Something had to be done, and the teachers would have to be specifically called up before breakfast.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 10:12 PM

Terry made sure to follow Reid's orders, closing the door behind him before walking down the hall and stairs to the front doors. He left building and walked to the left, towards the large expanse of forest that was in the school grounds. The snow hadn't fallen for awhile, so the stuff that was still on the ground was dirty and compacted from many boys walking over it. He kept walking until he came to a small clearing, where a park bench had been built.

He sat down, shivering slightly at the coolness in the air. He pulled out some books from his bag and started to read over his notes, highlighting specific ones he felt would be in the end of year exams. As he studied, he didn't hear anyone approach him, so he started when someone sat next to him. He was surprised to see Grinner sitting next to him, smiling widely as ever.

"So those rumors... They're not true, right? You wouldn't do anything with an old man..." Grinner said, wrapping his arm around Terry as he turned back to his notes. Terry nodded, glad that Grinner didn't believe them. The boy hugged him tighter, leaning in to kiss his ear. "I've always wanted to do it outside..." he whispered.

"William... Are we boyfriends?" Terry asked the boy, pulling away slightly. It would be far too cold and in the open to even think about doing anything like that. Grinner stared at him, looking dumbfounded. Of course, the boy had never heard Terry's voice before.

"I... Well, I don't know... I thought we were just friends with benefits..." Grinner eventually replied, pulling his arm away from Terry and rubbing his forehead as if thinking about it caused headaches. His smile never left his face. "Why, do you like me?" He looked at Terry curiously. Terry shrugged in reply and went back to reading over his notes. Grinner went quiet, before he got up and left him to it, saying that they would see each other later on.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:33 PM

Benjamin's expression when Reid told him of what he overheard was mixed. Shock, disgust, horror, worry, and fear, all compacted in a knit of the brow and a mouth that opened slightly, but didn't speak for a while. Then he came back to reality. Reid was informed that, not tomorrow, but tonight and after hours, a meeting would be held for the staff. Reid could understand his worry, his fear, that these implications could mean he would be fired, and Terry would be under more pressure from other students that actually believed such ridiculous rumors. He was let go with a time in mind---Eleven in the evening, after curfew---while Benjamin sent out a mass email for the rest of the teachers.

Reid held his folders close to him, bouncing down the stairs. So that would be finished. The teachers would be briefed, the students would be told off---in an offhanded manner, of course---and future mutterings about it would carry heavy punishments. He was smiling quietly to himself, starting off down the hall to his office and dorm. The history teacher, Adam, was approaching from the other end of the hall. "Hey Reid." Adam stopped, pausing Reid as well. "Can I talk with you for a sec?"

"Sure, Adam, what d---" Reid was cut off mid-sentence when Adam kissed him deeply, then pulled him out of the hall and into his dorm room. Suddenly Reid's heart was beating so fast he couldn't even feel it.

Last edited by Tachigami; 12-06-2013 at 10:44 PM..

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 PM

It had grown dark by the time Terry packed up his books. The dinner bell had rung and he was quite surprised at how long he had been studying outside. He was shivering slightly from the cold, and hoped he hadn't gotten ill. He got to his room without any problems along the way, most students seemed to be eying him, or whispering as he walked past. Some called out his name, but when he looked to them, they shied away.

Soon he was sitting in the cafeteria, eating mashed potato and watching everyone else. He liked to watch people, to imagine himself among them, normal. Though, he could never be normal, he had no idea where to start. He saw Grinner sitting with his friends a few tables away. The boy caught Terry's eye and looked awkward before turning away. Maybe Terry had just imagined it.

He looked over to the teacher's table, and found it strange that he couldn't see Reid there. Maybe he was busy in his office with someone. He looked back to his plate of food and began to eat again.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:27 PM

For once dinner was the last thing on his mind. So were his own concerns, or grading today's papers. Three days had passed where Reid was considering bringing to light his intentions to Adam, until Adam made the first move. The history teacher's smooth hands worked out the wrinkles in Reid's mind and body alike, until the digital clock's time didn't even matter, but keeping their 'conversation' quiet was a challenge in itself. No knocks on the door interrupted them, Adam's masterful overpowering techniques wiping his mind of consequence or how much time had passed. When he looked at the window, however, it had grown black with night, and the clock read just an hour and a half before student curfew. Adam just shook his head, offering a smile. "I, heh... guess I got a bit carried away with our 'talk', eh?"

Reid laughed, breathing out quickly and gathering his discarded clothes. "Maybe. It saved me a trip, though." At Adam's curious glance, Reid crossed the room and fished out a piece of thick sketching paper from a few heavy books, passing it to the other teacher. It was something he'd drawn the previous night, late in the evening, and certainly something he wouldn't show anyone but the subject of the drawing. It was one of a few more risque drawings he did from time to time, the position and clothing choice leaving very little to the imagination. Adam's face grew a little more red, and he smiled faintly. "Wow." He muttered. "Really well done..."

Reid grinned, buttoning his shirt. "Glad you like it. You can keep it, or throw it out, or---"

"I'm keeping it!" Adam found an unused folder on Reid's desk, slipping the paper inside. "Maybe you can make me more... Some of you, hm?"

Reid bit his tongue. "Ha... me? Like, me, drawing me?"

Adam nodded. "Sure. I'd like some of those." He grinned. "See you soon..." He stepped forward, caressing Reid's face lightly before taking to the door, peering out carefully and slipping into the hall, all the whole smoothing down his hair. Reid turned, looking at the window, that acted as a mirror when it was dark enough. He looked as if he had been in a wind tunnel.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-07-2013, 12:02 AM

Terry lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling and listening to Grinner's snores. His room mate had only come to his room just before curfew and didn't say anything to Terry as he prepared himself for bed. Terry hoped his questions hadn't offended the boy. He rolled over, watching Grinner sleep peacefully. What were his feelings for the boy? Did he love him? He didn't know how to answer that. Instead he turned again, facing the wall. He pulled out his finger and drew imaginary pictures on it as he became deep in thought.

He thought about who he was, what he had become. It was his fault that those rumors started, after all. He had become a whore, letting anyone have his body for nothing in return. Perhaps he should cut his favors down, and only let those he knew and liked do it with him. He rolled over again, feeling conflicted. If only he could talk to Reid about it. His art teacher would know what to say, how to help him... He got out of bed a silently walked down the corridors and stairs, until he came to Reid's room.

The door was shut, which was strange to see. He slowly crept to the door and put his ear to the cool wood. He could hear noises coming from within, which made him back off. He wondered who Reid was with and if they were enjoying it. He sighed and started back towards his dorm.

Half-way there, he turned around and went to his art classroom. The door was unlocked, so he went inside it. He sat at a desk and pulled out some paper and paints. He painted until his eyes grew tired, and he rested his head, falling asleep.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:27 AM

In just half an hour the meeting would be called. Reid took to his bathroom, jumping into the shower and standing still under a cool rain for several minutes. His mind was still running wild, seeing Adam still there. He was an artist, of course. An artist that could, eventually, prove himself in just about any medium. He'd never done a self-portrait, though. That was a curious thing. Maybe he could. He knew the human body well, both male and female. It was a three-month-long course in college, sketching, painting and creating sculptures of a nude model. And Reid knew what he, himself, looked like. He knew his own body better than anyone---he had grown up in it, after all.

Sighing lightly, restless, Reid turned the water off and studied himself in the mirror. Color? Grayscale? Surreal? So many options opened up when an artist was given free reign with his or her creations. He picked up a brush nearby, sliding it through his hair.

Dressed and refreshed, Reid paced his dorm, into his office and back into his bedroom, and finally left. If he didn't move, he would go crazy, his energy seeping out in any way he could consider. Walking the school as many teachers did, looking for any stragglers or misbehaving boys, he came to his classroom and tilted his head. The light inside was on, shining in through the crack at the bottom of the solid oak door. He carefully opened it, peering in slowly and widening his eyes. Terry was inside. Sleeping. Moving inside, Reid closed the door and tapped his foot loudly, but not enough to shock the sleeping student.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-07-2013, 12:35 AM

Terry started awake, blinking in confusion at his surroundings. He saw Reid standing nearby and gulped, hoping he wouldn't get into trouble. "I... I couldn't sleep and... You were busy..." He didn't want to mention the things he heard when he went to Reid's door. He hoped the teacher would assume that he saw the closed door and walked away. He gulped again and looked down at his paintings. Several failed portraits of the very man standing in front of him.

"I... I..." He looked down in shame, tears springing to his eyes. "I'm sorry, Sir..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:44 AM

Reid smiled, shaking his head. "Terry, it's okay." He moved forward, sitting across from the young man. "It's a bit of a risk going to a classroom, but I understand that, sometimes, it gets a little hard to sleep. My classroom is open for any late-night walkers, including you." He nodded brightly, pulling a ponytail holder out of his pocket and gathering up his hair. "You don't have to apologize..." Had he changed the sign on his door before Adam's intervention? No, probably not. Maybe Terry had gone there first and found it odd. "What have you been making?" He couldn't really tell from his position, and he'd taken his glasses off to put his hair back.