poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-25-2007, 08:32 PM

• Which of the movies is your favorite? Have you seen them all? Any that you didn't like?

One of the movie channels has been playing them all for the last week or so repeatedly, today they're all six of them on in order, it's great x3.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 02-25-2007, 08:56 PM

I liked the First(the 4th movie) Star Wars and the 3rd(the 6th movie)Return Of The Jedi.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-25-2007, 09:05 PM

• Cool :) I'm watching "A New Hope" right now (that's episode IV)

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 02-25-2007, 09:08 PM

I never liked any of them.
I actually have a small kind of hatred for them. I just always found the movies, boring, not entertaining and as they went on the worst plot, dialouge and acting.

And I know what i just said is scaregilous to nerdom.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-25-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground
  • Cool :) I'm watching "A New Hope" right now (that's episode IV)
The old or redone version?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashaHeartilly
I never liked any of them.
I actually have a small kind of hatred for them. I just always found the movies, boring, not entertaining and as they went on the worst plot, dialouge and acting.

And I know what i just said is scaregilous to nerdom.

• >.<;;.
    I love them, lol. I think you're crazy, but they don't appeal to everyone, so it's all right. I need to watch them more to get more of the important details, though, I seem to be clueless when someone really into them starts talking about them, haha.

@Kasumi: The redone ones, lol.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-25-2007, 09:12 PM

I liked the Death Star exploding in the redone version.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi

• Yeah, I imagine that's pretty intense x3. Redone, they can do all sorts of things with it.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-25-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi

• Yeah, I imagine that's pretty intense x3. Redone, they can do all sorts of things with it.
Yep that blue EMP Pulse that radiated from explosion made it.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2007, 10:19 PM

Which one is the last one of the original trilogy?

I like it but the remastered version so the young Anakin is seen in the ghosts.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
Which one is the last one of the original trilogy?

I like it but the remastered version so the young Anakin is seen in the ghosts.
Return of the Jedi
Yeah, I thought that was kind of cool and it ties the movies all together.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2007, 10:39 PM

Star Wars is generally an amazing & facinating story entirely. So I don't understand at all how people could hate it. It's also cool because since many people grew up with it... people of many different ages like it. So it's not really only focused at let's say teenagers etc.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 10:43 PM

Yeah, that's one of the things that's amazing about it. It has a broad appeal. Hell, my two year old nephew likes it! Well, he also likes the Beatles, but... i digress.
It's an amazing, simple, but complex story, presented fabulously, and the special effects, while great, aren't the focus of it at all, the movies definitely don't rely on them.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2007, 10:44 PM

The special effects are amazing especially the OLDER trilogy, the special effects are amazing even for it's time... Must've been hard to do all that back then.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 10:46 PM

Yeah, that's very true, they were definitely ahead of their time in the first place. Of course it helps that they went back and added to the movies twenty years later, but that's beside the point XD.

Phareas
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 02-25-2007, 11:28 PM

I like all of them but I prefer the old ones compared to the new ones. The new ones are too sad for me =(

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phareas
I like all of them but I prefer the old ones compared to the new ones. The new ones are too sad for me =(

• Aw, haha. I like them all still, but like I said i need to watch them more to get the details XD.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2007, 11:32 PM

I don't know whether to like or hate Anakin. :D

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithia
I don't know whether to like or hate Anakin. :D

• I know what you mean. The more I watch, I tend to dislike him more, he's so passionately angry all the time. Then again, I'm a very passionate person myself, so it kind of scares me XD, since his intentions were originally good. But he just lashes out really badly... so I kind of don't like him.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 PM

Was it his bad temper that brought him down? Well I guess he wasn't meant to fall in love anyway...

Jedi are forbidden to fall in love, right?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 PM

• Yeah, he was bitter at the Jedi for not letting him "protect" Padme by not teaching him how to bring back life, and he was bitter about his mom dying and all of that.

And yes, that's right, they're forbidden. Anakin is the prime example of why that is.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2007, 11:44 PM

CAN Jedi bring back life? :?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 11:48 PM

• I believe so. Don't quote me on it. But Anakin's suspicion that they can but wont show him how is kind of the last straw that makes him turn to the dark side. At least that's how I see it.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2007, 11:50 PM

I always thought it was all in his head. :|

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-25-2007, 11:54 PM

• Maybe it was, but even so, that's what I'm saying, it's his anger about that stuff, that he didn't even know was true.