Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 12-22-2008, 11:38 AM

[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/banners/9d0081aa4d63e09c2dda33c9b9f69dfc.png[/imgleft]

Please take the time to post in our Event Feedback thread with your thoughts!
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...ck-thread.html

Festival of Winter Nights Event FAQ and Guide

Don't know where to go to get the event item rares? Confused about the difference between snow buckets and yarn balls?
Confused about how the event works in general? This is the thread where you can find the answers to your questions - or, if you're still unclear, please feel free to ask in the thread and get help from others. :)

Please note that this thread is for questions and answers only. General chat should be kept to the main event thread or user created threads. If you are simply chatting in this thread, it will be considered spam and removed.

The Festival of Winter Nights event runs from December 23, 2008 - January 03, 2009, ending at approximately 6pm Central Time Zone. (Click here to find out what time it is in Central Time Zone right now!)

Table of Contents
0. Introduction & Table of Contents
1. Teams, Collecting Currency, & Event Items
2. Overview & Frequently Asked Questions

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

[imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/banners/f84c8d400e56edcb018c079c7b328a34.png[/imgright]

Once again, we are using two different currencies during this event, Snow Buckets and Yarn Balls .

Collecting Buckets of Snow

Snow Buckets: These will be used to collect the event item rares on the Snowfield page.

There are two different ways to collect them -
1) Posting around the forums like normal will earn you 0.25 of a Snow Bucket for each post you make. (Earning you 1 Snow Bucket for every 4 posts you make in the forums.)

2) You may also collect full Snow Buckets by visiting the Snowfield once every 10 minutes. Every time you dig, you will earn 1 Snow Bucket.
Spamming will not be tolerated, even if it is an event. Warnings will be handed out the same as on non-event days.

Collecting Balls of Yarn
Yarn Balls: These will be used to purchase event commons in the Special Event Store. Yarn Balls are only given out by Greed on the Greed versus Channah page. You may collect 1 ball of yarn from Greed every 10 minutes.

Each Yarn Ball is worth approximately 10 gold and will disappear after the event - so spend them before the event ends!

Remember, though - Channah needs you to donate Yarn to her for the snowman's giant scarf or Menewsha won't win the contest! Though spending Yarn Balls in the Event Store helps Greed win, using gold in the Event Store does not effect team stats or the Greed vs. Channah battle.

---

[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/banners/bd543d6a43dcf9bfbb5df3cd42e5de58.png[/imgleft]
Event Item Rares
[imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/35483/cceca3e130a506b1e857c01312f2081a.png[/imgright]
Mr. Mayor is trading gift boxes for buckets of snow on the Snowfield page. To get these gift boxes, dig or post for snow buckets and when you have enough buckets (based on the number displayed under the gift box), click on the gift you'd like in the "Gift Exchange" area. You may collect as many of these gift boxes as you have snow for. Any red and green gift box is one that is available to be traded. A grey gift box with a question mark on it is an unavailable gift box.

Gift boxes will be released one a day from December 22nd - December 26th. The boxes will not open until December 25th, so who knows what's inside?

1 =
Candycanes

2 =
Winter Cloaks

3 =
Snowflake Plushie Pillows

4 =
Snowcat

5 =
Winter Nights background

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/banners/9a6e22d2d9d928ad94c7b5e40c07005f.png[/imgleft]The Four Teams
Team performance is entirely based on statistics in three areas: yarn donation, snow collection, and posting during the event. The more active you guys are, the better your team does! Dig buckets of snow, donate yarn to Channah, and post around the forums to get your team's statistics higher on the charts - and bury the other teams!

Mr. Mayor has not yet revealed what the winning team gets.... other than bragging rights, of course. ;)

Overview
A basic review of how the event works.
  • Yarn Balls = Used for Event Commons
  • Snow Buckets = Used for Event Item Rares

• Yarn Balls are collected by visiting Greed and Channah.
  • Snow Buckets are collected by posting or digging in the Snowfield.

• Channah needs Yarn Balls. Donate to her to make the scarf.
  • Greed will give you Yarn Balls. Donate to Channah or spend them in the Event Store.

• Unused Snow Buckets and Yarn Balls will carry over day to day until the end of the Event.
  • However, unused Snow Buckets and Yarn Balls will disappear after the Event is over.

• A team's performance is based entirely on the combined statistics of: posting, donating yarn, and collecting snow.

Frequently Asked Questions

This space will be filled with commonly asked questions you guys have about the event. Staff will edit in the answers to questions that seem to be asked a lot.

Q. How long will this event last?
A. Until approximately 6pm Central on January 3rd.

Q. Where are the event clues?
A. There are no event clues. If you have buckets of snow to trade to Mr. Mayor for the snowman, he'll give you gift boxes. That's all there is to it this time. :)

Q. Can you collect Snow Buckets by posting in all forums or only in the event forum?
A. You can collect them in all forums except the Word Games forum. :yes:

Q. How many Yarn Balls can you earn per hour?
A.You are able to earn 6 Yarn Balls per hour as long as you remember to visit Greed to collect them.

Q. Can I buy or trade Yarn Balls or Snow Buckets?
A. No. You'll have to earn your currency on your own! But you can donate your Yarn Balls to Channah!

Q. What time does the next event item rare come out?
A. We're currently aiming for around 2pm Central Time Zone, but this may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Just hang tight! :)

Q. Can the rate of Yarn Balls be increased?
A. No.
You are not meant to get every item from the Special Event Store for free - these Yarn Balls are the equivalent of party favors. You can use them to purchase items for free in the event shop or give them to Channah to help create the scarf. Remember, even if you give the yarn away you can still buy the items with gold at half-price until the event is over and the items will be available for full-price in the regular stores afterward.

Q. Who did the artwork for the event?
A. Omi and YanYan13 worked together on the manga.
Iroase Delschatten did the artwork for the event FAQ.
YanYan13 did the Festival of Winter Nights site layout artwork, including the teaser banners.
PlatinumChild did the Staff event artwork.
Ferra was kind enough to put together the Staff event banners.

Q. Who did the pixeling for this event?
A. A lot of people, as it happens! Only their names will be listed, though they all deserve props individually as well! Tre le Coco, Bisque, Manxana, Chibitotoro222 and Some Random Randomness all deserve your warm praise!

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

[imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/35483/186a2f1fdef33d6ecbf2b500d8817a0a.png[/imgright]

You may post now to ask us questions about the event or give us feedback on the event. We're happy to help and interested in what you have to say!

Thank you! And Happy Holidays!

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-24-2008, 12:48 AM

Err... I didn't see any links to the snow field or the Channah Vs Greed page. Are these things easy to find?

Edit: Never mind, the links just hadn't loaded for my before. I found them.

Last edited by Insane Cricket; 12-24-2008 at 12:50 AM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-24-2008, 12:51 AM

@ Cricket - Go to the Event Forum and check the left hand side. ^^

Erimear Vryce

Old 12-24-2008, 01:25 AM

ummmm... for some reason, I'm not being rewarded snowbuckets or yarn. I'm clicking everything, and its telling me that I received them, but my even currency doesn't change...

dreamerice
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2008, 01:39 AM

i love winter and this event is going to be fun!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2008, 01:40 AM

You'll need to refresh to see your Yarn and Buckets, Erimear Vryce. They're there. :)

Elphey
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Elphey

Old 12-24-2008, 01:50 AM

This event seems way better than the previous.
:D

Erimear Vryce

Old 12-24-2008, 01:53 AM

I refreshed and they still didn't show up for about 20 minutes worth. So, I lost two yarns and two buckets of snow. This time they went through though. >.< Hopefully I don't have that problemt again...

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2008, 02:11 AM

Hmm - What browser are you using, Erimear Vryce? It may be a browser that we hadn't checked!

Kyou Blade
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 02:18 AM

This is Erimear's main. I was using her for a little while. I was using her on IE. It started messing up again so I just decided to log off of that account. It gives the message that its supposed to when you get the yarn or the bucket of snow, but then it doesn't actually reward it. Quite frustrating >.<

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2008, 02:21 AM

Hmm. That sounds exactly the same as what a staff member was reporting on her mule.

What version of IE? Maybe we can narrow this down!

Kyou Blade
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 02:23 AM

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm not even sure how to check that >.<

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2008, 02:32 AM

I don't use Internet Explorer anymore... I believe it'd be under something like "Help" or "About IE" or something. It's usually the last link at the very top of your browser. :3

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-24-2008, 02:35 AM

I think I need some help. I can get yarn and stuff by posting but I haven't been able to get any buckets/yarn since about 8:10, it's 9:35 my time.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-24-2008, 02:36 AM

Nicely set up.
I must admit, this seems better than the Halloween event ^_^;;
especially the forum color, and explanation.

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-24-2008, 02:36 AM

CK ~ Actually, I'm having the same issue and I'm on FireFox. I got one yarn and I've been alternating back and forth between donating and taking but I haven't received more than one yarn so far.

sutebi
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2008, 02:38 AM

This event is going to be fun its my first Christmas event here!

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-24-2008, 02:39 AM

I'm having the same problem of not being rewarded yarn or buckets. Sometimes I get them, but it takes 10 minutes of trying to get it (this after 10 or even 15 minutes of a timed wait). It gives me the message, but refreshing that page or others and the totals don't go up. I use IE 7 with all the new updates on it. Updates meaning the patches and security updates that microsoft came out with recently.

Kyou Blade
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 02:44 AM

Still can't find it on here >.< IE is so different than firefox

angelyuy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-24-2008, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyou Blade View Post
Still can't find it on here >.< IE is so different than firefox
In order to find ther version of IE you're using, it's under Help and then About Internet Explorer.

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-24-2008, 02:45 AM

EDIT: I seem to be getting yarn now. :yes:

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-24-2008, 02:48 AM

Okay I switched to firefox and it looks like it's starting to work a little better! *hopes*