zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-08-2015, 01:11 PM

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Today was the first day of my vacation. I slept in a little longer than usual but not much really. I sort of puttered around at home getting a few more things done before my friend got here. Eventually I left to go meet her. She said her train was running a bit late so I stopped in at Old Navy and ended up getting a cool necklace. Then it turned out that her train actually arrived on time so I dashed over to the train station to meet her, it was so exciting! We waited around for her baggage and then got on another train to get back to my place. It was already pretty late by then so we made dinner (teriyaki beef stir fry and roasted potatoes) and then sat around chatting for a long time until we were both heavily yawning. At that point we both decided that it was pretty much bed time and went to sleep.

• • •

I'm fortunate to have a few amazing friends, like Cora! I'm super glad she decided to come visit me. We're going to have a blast this week!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-11-2015 at 02:00 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-09-2015, 01:59 PM

Friday, May 8, 2015

Today we headed down to downtown Manhattan. We wanted to go to the 9/11 Memorial Museum but that didn't work out in the end. It was cool though. We walked around the park and looked at the waterfalls which were really pretty and looked at some of the churches in the area. Everything was super pretty with the trees in bloom and the tulips in the park. I think once my vacation is done I'll upload my pictures and share them here.

After that we went shopping in Century 21 and I ended up getting a t-shirt for my sister then we walked down Wall Street and went to Ramen Co. for lunch. It was pretty yummy but I forgot that I usually like to get beef and got pork instead. XD Once we were done we walked off our full bellies on the waterfront. We were thinking about taking the Ikea shuttle boat but it wasn't free like I thought it was. We were actually much closer to the Staten Island Ferry though so we just walked the rest of the way there and took a trip across to the island and back. It was a really nice day for it.

After that we headed home, rested for a few minutes, and then headed out grocery shopping. We hauled everything upstairs and then made sage chicken for dinner which was super nommy. Then we hung out for a bit until we both ended up conking out after our long day.

• • •

Today was actually quite an adventure!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-11-2015 at 02:00 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-11-2015, 01:39 PM

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Today we had a slow morning which was nice. We just kinda hung out and talked and played on here of course! We made these yummy little egg cups where we used ham as the base in a muffin tin and poured eggs and cheese into them. They were quite delicious. Later in the afternoon we headed to Coney Island. It was a pretty dreary misty day but it was actually a nice change from how sunny and warm it was yesterday. We walked around and looked at the rides, then went down to the beach to dip our feet in the water. It's still quite cool really but it was refreshing. There was hardly anyone there either given the weather so that was nice. After that we headed up to the boardwalk and walked out to the end of the pier. It was quite cold and windy out there but it was a pretty nice view. I was surprised to see some people fishing there. I had no idea you could actually fish there. I also saw the skating rink that I had been thinking about going to before it closed down. I'll definitely have to try to get there next season.

After that we headed to some of the shops on the boardwalk for souvenirs and then tried to get some pizza from Little Cesar's but unfortunately they were out so we just headed home. We picked up some things from Rite Aid and then came home to make some cheesy chicken crepes. They were quite complicated to make but very yummy. After that it was time to get ready to go see a play on Broadway! We got ready and headed out to see Les Mis which was absolutely fucking amazing! The theater had some amazing decor around the stage and the first scene totally sold me. They had three different screens that they raised one at a time with different effects like a wave splashing up to imitate water and then a view of the shipyards and then eventually the chain gang working at rowing. It was so perfectly set up. The whole play was just wow. The props, lighting, music, actors. Just wow. Also, Jean Valjean's abs. >.>

Once the play was done we headed home. There was a bit of an annoyance when we tried to go to the 49th street subway station only to see that it had been closed for the night due to construction. So then we had to walk through a very busy and annoying Times Square which was even more annoying than usually because of all of the construction going on there at the moment. The train ran fairly quickly though so we actually didn't get home quite as late as I thought we would. We still ended up going to bed late though. XD

• • •

Oh man, I totally love pokemon. >.> I always did try to catch all of the ones that I saw. Recently I've been playing this pokemon swap game on the 3DS. It's pretty fun but these last few levels have been really difficult and I'm having a hard time catching some of those pokemon.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-11-2015 at 09:55 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-11-2015, 09:55 PM

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Today we had another slow morning after going to bed so late last night. Eventually we got ready and headed out to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. It was a lovely day for it. Some of the flowers had wilted from the last time I was there but the esplanade was still beautiful with all of the cherry blossoms. It was quite windy too so at some points the petals were fluttering down from the trees like snow. It was gorgeous! The lilacs were also in peak bloom and smelled absolutely wonderful!

After that we headed to the subway to go to the cat cafe but there were some problems with the subway and we ended up having to rush and got there a bit late. When we got in to see the kitties though it was nice and relaxing. A lot of them were sleeping for the first half hour we were there but after that they perked up a bit and started to play. The one kitty, Max, was sleeping sooo soundly. You could pet him and play with his paws and poke his belly and he wouldn't even budge. He even kicked his feet in his dream like you would imagine a dog would! Lucky was gorgeous. She was like grey and tan swirl. I've never seen a kitty with suck pretty coloring! The place was much smaller than I was imagining but it was nice. I couldn't believe how the hour just flew by.

We headed to the other cafe afterwards that sold snacks. We were going to go before we went to the cat portion of the cafe but we had run out of time unfortunately. We got some yummy macarons. They had some weird flavors. I got s'mores, honey and cognac, and green tea. Cora got cheeto, red velvet, and apple caramel. They were all very good. Apparently the cheeto one actually really does taste like cheetos, which is weird.

Once we got done eating our macarons, we wandered a bit around the Canal Street/Chinatown area. Eventually we made our way to the Pearl River market and picked up a bunch of things. I got a pair of chopsticks and a soup spoon and Cora got a bunch of neat things. There were tooons of things I wanted to buy but I just ended up getting the two things. It's a pretty cool place. I might have to go back to get some gifts for people before Christmas. (I know it's a ways off but I am already stockpiling things. >.>)

After we were done at the market we headed to the Starbucks down the street and I tried the new s'mores frappuccino which was pretty good. We hadn't realized just how late it was so we decided to go to Chop't, this cool salad place, for dinner and then finally headed home. We hung out for a bit but we were both pretty tired and ended up going to bed before long.

• • •

I'm not a huge fan of Glee...

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-13-2015, 02:08 AM

Monday, May 11, 2015

Lesse. So today we had another slow morning. We decided to just stay at home and chill since we were both pretty pooped. It was a good thing we did too because my tummy ended up hurting me something fierce. We ate breakfast and showered then got on our computers for a bit. I called management and had a run around with them for a good half hour which stressed me out pretty bad.

Later we ate lunch and went out and got some ingredients we were missing to make lemony madelaines. We baked for a few good hours and the madelaines turned out pretty well! They tasted quite floury but we made a drizzle to go with them that was very tart and lemony. Not the best recipe from that book but not terrible.

After we cleaned everything up, we did our nails. Cora showed me how to put on the jamberry decals. It was honestly a bit more complicated than I was expecting and my neighbors probably hated me for all the noise we made with the blow dryer but the result came out really well! I did nude floral nails with a turquoise polka dot accent nail.

After that we decided to play some video games. We played Phantasy Star Online for a few hours. We went through the forest and the caves. It was quite fun and I learned some new stuff about the colored barriers which was cool.

By the time we got done playing it was about dinnertime. We made these teriyaki beef kabobs which were pretty yummy and oven purple potato chips which were quite good. Then we went back to games for a bit, computers for a bit, and eventually bed. Overall it was a pretty good day.

• • •

I love all kinds of games! Video games, board games, tabletop games, you name it!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-13-2015, 08:09 PM

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Today was a bit of a sad day because Cora was leaving. We used the leftover crepes from the other day to make omelets for breakfast and then showered and got dressed. After that Cora packed her bag and we played Super Smash Brothers on the WiiU for a few hours. It was fun to try out a lot of the characters that I don't usually use. I mostly use Link but I found that I'm not actually bad with Fox either! Eventually we had to give up and make lunch. We ended up reheating leftovers because we had quite a bit left after all of our fun cooking adventures this week.

After lunch it was time to head out unfortunately. We took the subway to the train station and wandered around a bit until we figured out how things worked. We were quite early so after that we found a relatively quiet spot to sit down and wait for her track to be announced. Penn Station is one of the only places where you can get a Krispy Kreme donut so I grabbed one of those while we were waiting aaand promptly squished it when I leaned on my purse. Oh well, it still tasted amazing!

Eventually it was time to say goodbye which ended up being a bit rushed but it was probably better that way, having less time to feel sad about our parting and whatnot. After Cora disappeared underground, I walked back to the train station, stopping in to poke around a Sephora for a few minutes and look at a new product I had seen online. I didn't get anything though and got on the train to go home. I nearly missed it but managed to jump in at the last second.

Once I got home I went into a bit of a whirlwind get things done sort of mode. I did laundry and some other things on my to do list. I meant to do a lot more but then had a bit of drama regarding the delivery of the air conditioner that I ordered and the evening just went downhill from there. I tried to do a better patch job on the air mattress and basically ended up only making it worse which is a huge pain seeing as it's going to be my permanent bed here pretty soon.

I ended up going to bed feeling a bit grumpy to be honest. It was just one of those days where nothing seemed to go right after a certain point. Hopefully tomorrow will be better...

• • •

Can someone get me a real bed? I have a feeling this air mattress thing is going to be a real pain... -_-

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-14-2015, 08:34 PM

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Today was my first day back to work after my short vacation. The morning went pretty well. Everyone asked me how my vacation was of course. To be honest I always hate answering that question. I always say "it was good" and then there's this moment of awkward silence like I'm expected to say more but I'm usually not in the mood to talk about it so the person always gets left hanging. Oh well...

The morning went by pretty well. I ate lunch in the park with my coworker. The weather was okay but a bit windy and cloudy. Things started getting a bit more bleh in the afternoon and then eventually it was time to leave. I decided to stop at Target to try to get the glue I needed to fix the patch on the air mattress but that was a wasted effort. Despite having checked to make sure the product was in stock online, they didn't actually have any on the shelf. *le sigh* So yeah, I ended up getting super annoyed about that.

So in the end I got a shower puff, some pasta, and a bottle of soda and little pizza from the Pizza Hut Express they have there. It sort of seemed like a wasted trip though and it put me in a bad mood. I met my room mate in the train and then carried up the air conditioner that had been delivered despite all the problems that I had foreseen. It was mega heavy but I was proud of myself for caring that 50 pound box all the way up to the 4th floor all by myself.

I spent the rest of the evening putting the thing together and installing it. I didn't realize it would be so much work but it was definitely worth it. After that it was pretty much time for bed.

• • •

I took German for two years in college and visited Berlin while I was studying abroad in Paris so I have a certain affection for German/Germany. I wish I had kept up with it really but without having someone to practice with it's hard to stay motivated. I still have my text books though if I ever decide I want to pick it up again.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-15-2015, 07:53 PM

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Today was okay. When I got to work things were pretty up in the air since our IT guy's new baby had just been born the previous day and he was exited about telling the news. That sort of interrupted pretty much everyone's concentration and there was a problem with the hosting server of our website so the website was down and the sales didn't really have any orders to process either. Since the boss was away it felt like a sort of calm and relaxed environment. We even had a little congratulations party later in the day with cake and champagne which was fun.

After work I headed home. I did face time with my dad to try to figure out how I can install my air conditioner in my window given that it's wider than the bar that came with it to support the thing. Unfortunately we weren't really able to come to any conclusions and I ended up bending my curtain rod in the process. After that I tried a new recipe for dinner. It tasted all right but I made so many substitutions it surely didn't taste anything like it was supposed to.

I worked on patching up the air mattress that will be my bed after that. The glue was weird, sort of like rubber cement but hopefully it will hold this time. I'm crossing my fingers anyway. After that I got on the computer for a while and got wrapped up in things and didn't end up going to bed until late.

• • •

Gravity makes me think of that movie Interstellar. It wasn't what I imagined it was going to be but I enjoyed it..

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-15-2015 at 07:57 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-17-2015, 02:16 PM

Friday, May 15, 2015

Today was another okay day. It was the last day of work before the boss gets back on Monday so a bit bittersweet. A lot of people were out today too, I think they just needed that extra day before the crazy drama that will surely ensue on Monday. I mostly spent the day working on updating one of our brochures. For lunch I went to Pret à Manger and got a chicken and bacon caesar sandwich which was pretty good. I also got to sample their iced latte which was also pretty good. I might just have to get one of those one of these days...

I took my sandwich to the park and took a chair on the lawn. It was a nice sunny day but not too warm. I read the manga version of Les Misérables which was a little challenging given the wind but it was good. After that I headed back to work to finish out the day. I ended up staying about a half hour late to finish some last minute modifications on something and then headed home. I would have gone grocery shopping on the way but the super was supposed to come over and take a look at my air conditioner setup. It turned out he was busy though so I worked on moving some things around in the bedroom instead since my roomie and I will be moving the rooms around this weekend. Once I was done with that I got on the computer for a bit and then headed to bed.

• • •

Have a bite of chicken noodle soup! That's what I ended up having for dinner. ^_^

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-18-2015, 09:03 PM

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Today was a good day. I woke up and got a few things done. My roomie woke up a bit later and told me that crunchyroll now has a subscription service and that he had signed up for a trial so we could watch anime on the TV. I spent the next few hours browsing through all of their anime and making a long list of what I wanted to watch. >.>

After that I headed out grocery shopping and called my parents on the way. Once I got home and put everything away, I quickly vacuumed while I made lunch and then started watching anime. I watched the last episode of the series Hanasaku Iroha that I had been watching, then the first episode of Usagi Drop. I made a frozen pizza for dinner and then watched all of Natsuyuki Rendezvous.

It was a super lazy day but it had been a really really long time since I've been able to relax like that. It was amazing.

• • •

Hot or cold, that's a very good question... I hate being too hot or too cold. My apartment is the worst for that too. In the summer it's sweltering hot and in the winter it's freezing cold. There's really only a few weeks in between those seasons where the temperature really seems bearable. I suppose being colder is better than being hot though. When you're cold at least you can put on more layers and things whereas when you're hot there's really only so much clothing you can take off and being all sweaty is icky. XD

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-20-2015 at 07:04 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-20-2015, 07:03 PM

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Today my roomie and I rearranged the rooms of the apartment. I have my own room now, yay! It was a lot of work, especially since he didn't want to empty out the dresser drawers before trying to move the beast of a dresser but we managed. The kitty was so confused about what was going on but she seemed to enjoy exploring the new setup once the furniture was in place. After that I ended up spending most of the day getting all of my things organized in my new room. The only thing that could make it better is if I have a real bed. For the time being I'm going to have to sleep on the air mattress I think.

• • •

How does this work? Hm... I'm honestly not the type to read the manual for things unless it's something complicated or I'm unsure about. I recently got an air conditioner though and I had to read the manual since there was a small amount of construction required and I really didn't want to mess it up. Trying to decipher their pictures for how to install it in the window though were way overly complicated. In the end I gave up trying to understand that part and just stuck it in the window. XD

Monday, May 18, 2015

So last night was my first night sleeping in my new room. It was pretty awesome except that I think that the cat might have sunk her claw into the air mattress while I left it out to dry after my last patch job. So yeah, while I slept pretty well I woke up sort of sunk in a little bit.

The boss came back to work today. She had been traveling and came back in a super bad mood so it was pretty stressful. That and I have a lot of work to do that just keeps piling up. >.> I came home after work and made dinner and then got to work on the air mattress. I spent a few hours looking for the hole but to no avail so eventually I gave up and just reinflated it for another night. I was hoping to play this MMO online afterwards but it turns out it doesn't work on a Mac so I'm kind of SOL for the moment. It looks like my room mate might let me use his PC for a bit though since he isn't really using it at the moment. I'll have to get a wireless card for it though...

• • •

To be honest I'm not much of a hat person. I do have a few hats though. I have a black one that I bought when it was super on sale. Its sort of like a felt bucket hat. For my birthday this year I got another felt hat but this one is red with a rounded brim that is slightly turned upwards with a black band and it has little bear ears! I haven't worn it much but since the weather is nicer I think I might be able to wear it now. The last hat is a sun hat that I just bought for the summer. It's a light grey color with a black band.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-20-2015 at 07:18 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-24-2015, 06:40 PM

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It seems like life has sent me through a number of hard knocks recently. I’m still trying to sort things out a bit but I think I’ll be all right in the end. ^^;

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Today was just crazy. We had a meeting at 10:30 this morning that lasted literally 3 hours. It was seriously torture. I was seriously suffering. I was hungry, had a headache, a butt ache, and really had to pee! The only relevant part of the meeting for me was really the first hour or two. That last hour was an extreme waste of time.

Once we finally got out of the meeting I had to dash to meet up with someone for lunch. The rest of the day went by pretty quickly and I met back up with my friend to head to Barcade after work. That was a lot of fun! It’s like a bar with arcade machines in it. We played the Michael Jackson Thriller game, Dr. Mario, Moral Combat, some sort of shooting game, Dig Dug, and Centipede. After that we had some Japanese snacks called taiyaki (which are apparently bigger versions of these things called manjoo), went to the book store and then the comic store and then ate dinner at Friday’s. Overall it was a pretty good day.

• • •

Water is good. I’ve been trying to drink more water lately. Some days I’m successful, other days not so much. ^^;

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Most important parts of today: Doing laundry and baking a casserole for dinner. XD

• • •

I’m a pretty big Harry Potter fan. I started reading the books after the 4th book came out. It was kind of nice to have a bunch of them to read before having to hunker down to wait for the next release. After that I went to some of the midnight releases for the books. It was a really great series to grow up with and I had a lot of fun with it.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Today was a bit more relaxed. It was the last day before the long weekend so everyone was a bit more relaxed. After work I met up with a friend. We went to a cafe/bakery called “Tous les jours”. It’s in Korea town. It’s like a Korean French bakery which was pretty cool. I got some bubble tea and milk bread which was pretty delicious. After that I stopped in at Jc Penny to look for bedding but nothing was in stock. I headed over to Target and they had the same problem but I managed to find some stuff I liked so I was able to order the appropriate sizes online. I ended up getting home pretty late though and sort of forgot to eat dinner. Oops. >.>

• • •

I am Groot! XD To be honest I was really annoyed with the craze that went around regarding that movie when it first came out but I finally did watch it and I have to admit that it was a pretty good movie. >.<

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Today I was invited to a picnic by one of my coworkers. I left a little bit late and there were problems with the train so I was worried I’d be really late but in the end I was actually one of the first to arrive. My coworker, let’s call her J, made a casserole which I picked at. It was the first time I had actually eaten anything with tuna in it and to be honest I wasn’t a fan. She also made some gluten free bread that had salmon in it. That was a little better but I picked the olives out of it because I don’t like them. >.>

After we ate we sat around talking a bit. I didn’t really know like anyone there apart from J so it was rather awkward but I didn’t my best to socialize. A few hours later I thought we were getting ready to leave but then we got invited to coffee. I didn’t really want to go but I was curious to see J’s place and I figured it wouldn’t take long so I agreed. Except then a few more people showed up and they ended up starting like a second picnic. *le sigh*

Finally we got ready to leave again, hours after I thought I would leave, only to then get invited to dinner by the other group. I had agreed to play a game online with a friend this evening so I was pretty annoyed at myself for not standing my ground and leaving when I wanted to. I finally managed to excuse myself from going to dinner and headed home. I stopped at Target on the way back to pick up the bedding I had ordered and ended up getting home really late with all of the train construction that’s going on.

I made a bowl of soup quick because I hadn’t really had anything much to eat or drink at the picnic and sat down to play SWTOR. It was a blast. I totally ended up staying up much later than I had intended to but it was too much fun to quit. I can’t wait to play again!

• • •

Invisibility would be a pretty cool power. I’m honestly not sure it would be that helpful here in the city though. There are so many people I’d probably get bumped into A LOT. >.>

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-28-2015, 09:27 PM

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Today I decided to stay home. I went to bed pretty late so I managed to sleep in a little bit. I got up and poked around thinking I had plenty of time to get everything done that I needed to but in the end sort of ran out of time.

In the evening I got back on to play some more SWTOR and ended up playing that until like three in the morning! Yikes! Still, it was super fun and definitely worth it.

• • •

Imagine a world where the force actually existed!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Today I went to the movies to see When Marnie was There with a friend. It was a super slow movie and I was kind of confused as to where it was going for the first half but in the second half everything came together and it turned out pretty well. After that I went to the Big Gay Ice Cream Shop and got this amazing ice cream cone. It was vanilla ice cream with dulche de leche injected inside of it and then dipped in crushed vanilla wafers. It was amazing. After that we went to the park for a while and then decided to grab a bite for dinner. The food was kinda eh but I guess sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. After we ate I headed home and got ready for bed.

• • •

I like my drinks to be suuuper cold so I tend to use ice. Mostly only with water though because I don't usually drink other drinks fast enough to prevent the ice from melting and diluting them. ^^;

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My new bed came today! I'm suuuper excited to not have to sleep on the air mattress anymore. The day at work was pretty terrible so I was happy to come home to something nice. I made the bed (though my kitty didn't want to let me), puttered around on the computer for a bit and made dinner and then eventually headed to bed.

• • •

I've come to value my independence more these days.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I didn't sleep well in my new bed. I'm pretty sure it was the sheets, they were kind of terrible and cheap. It was another crazy day at work. I was super happy to get out at quitting time. I headed out for drinks and dinner with a friend after work and then stopped at Target on the way home to get some different sheets. After all that I ended up getting to bed really late again, oops.

• • •

Hm, interest, like bank interest? Or like interests? XD

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-30-2015 at 08:59 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-30-2015, 08:56 PM

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Another stressful day at work compounded by a mega stomachache I had all day. I went out with a friend again after work today. We had a coffee and headed to the park. It said it was supposed to rain today but the weather was actually really nice. After that I came home, managed to eat a bit for dinner, and headed to bed.

• • •

I...actually don't know what this word means. >.>

Friday, May 29, 2015

Today was a long day. I woke up and my stomachache was back. I would have called in except I had scheduled an appointment with the doctor so I had to go. Only after I got to work and called the doctor to confirm my appointment they said they'd never received it so I couldn't go. Bleh. I was feeling really tired so I used my lunch break to try to nap in the kitchen instead. I didn't actually fall asleep but the rest seemed to do me some good. The rest of the day went by really slowly though.

After work I headed to Target yet again to pick up a few more things I had forgotten. I bumped into my room mate while I was there which was kind of funny. It always surprises me how the city is such a huge place but you can still manage to bump into people from time to time. I headed home, dropped my laundry off, called my dad, ate dinner, and then played some more SWTOR until bedtime.

• • •

Jumping Jacks is one of those exercises that I don't mind doing. As long as my stomach doesn't hurt anyway...

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-30-2015 at 09:00 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-31-2015, 01:44 PM

Saturday, May 30, 2015

I managed to sleep in a bit today. I woke up feeling better and was able to eat breakfast. I got on the computer for a bit then showered and puttered around the apartment for most of the afternoon. Around lunchtime my stomachache came back and I picked at some eggs and toast. Eventually it settled a bit and I decided to take a nap. It was a relatively bleh nap. I couldn't seem to fall asleep and then woke up with a headache. I had pizza for dinner with the roomie and then got online to play more SWTOR. I reached level ten and got my lightsaber. Whoo! I ended up staying up late again though, probably because my nap. I just couldn't seem to fall asleep.

• • •

Jumbo isn't really one of those words I use much. I would be more likely to use "huge" or "massive" to refer to something really big. ^^;

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-04-2015, 11:13 AM

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Another relatively slow day. It rained pretty much all day. I did get on later in the day to play more SWTOR again though. That game is so much fun!

• • •

I'm not really a big jealous type but once and a while I get just a little bit jealous.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Work was pretty terrible today. We got called into a last minute meeting again first thing in the morning. The deadline we had for the end of the month got moved up to...Wednesday. So yeah, crap ton of work to get done in a veeerrry short amount of time now. T_T I spent all day working my ass off, went home, ate dinner and got on SWTOR to buy some Cartel coins to get preferred player status. My gaming buddy ended up getting on as well and we ran around in game for a little while before I had to eventually head off to bed.

• • •

Melting. Yeahh, so going to be melting soon. It gets super hot here in the city during the summer and I seriously do just feel like I'm melting sometimes. I have an air conditioner but I only like to run it while I'm sleeping to conserve electricity and whatnot. I just got a new one but it's rather noisy and has been keeping me up at night. T_T

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Another hellish day at work. Sooo much work to finish. I managed to make some headway but I'm still waiting on texts and things from other people so I'm kind of stuck now. Thankfully I had SWTOR to look forward to when I got home. Playing my character is so much fun. She has such a crazy personality. Unfortunately we weren't able to finish our mission though before I had to head to bed. Oh well.

• • •

I get 15 days of vacation. I pretty much have it all planned out for this year already. I had a friend come to visit back in May. In July I'm going to go see my family. Then in October my dad is going to come visit. I wish I had a few more days though, vacation always goes by too fast. >.<

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Aaand yet another crazy day at work. And people were all getting up in my face today too. It was extremely frustrating. I met a friend for lunch and they brought me a yummy crème brûlée donut which somewhat made up for my crappy day. After work I went out with another friend to see a movie. We saw Ex Machina which was kind of so so. After that I headed home, had some Cheerioes for dinner and chatted with a friend on Skype for a bit. I had intended to go to bed a bit earlier but then I got distracted by things on Mene and then my legs and back were bothering me for some reason so I didn't end up going to bed until around 12:30. Oops. >.>

• • •

My Mene friends are awesome! I've made some totally cool friends here on the site that I feel like I can really count on them. I'd say my best Mene Friends are Cora, Car'a'Carn, and Saravi Boo. ^_^

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 06-08-2015 at 12:37 AM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-08-2015, 12:54 AM

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Today was all right but I was pretty tired and bleh. I planned to come home and do my laundry after work but I just felt so meh that I decided against it. It was nice to have a nice slow evening for once.

• • •

I'm trying to shake off how tired I've been lately. I guess I'm still trying to learn how to balance trying to have more of a social life while also getting enough rest. ^^;

Friday, June 5, 2015

Work actually went pretty well today. I went to a Japanese film festival event at the Asia society afterwards which was pretty cool. My favorite short film was Lucy. It was so up and down and funny and dramatic. Overall a very nice short story. They were all pretty good though.

Afterwards I had a bite to eat and then headed home. It was kind of late but I ended up getting on to play some SWTOR anyway. I went to bed suuper late though. Oh well!

• • •

I'd definitely say I'm an angel.

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Today had a bit of a rocky start. I woke up at 8:00am out of a dead sleep to excruciating pain due to a massive cramp in my left calf. I seriously thought I might be sick it hurt so bad. Eventually the cramp let up and I was actually able to sleep in for a bit. I slept till about 11:00am which was crazy late for me. I had a slow morning and then went out to get groceries and do my laundry. My calf hurt pretty much all day because the muscle is still really tensed up but nothing like the pain I was in earlier.

In the evening I had some pizza for dinner and watched a bit more Usagi Drop before getting online to play more SWTOR. I got to bed a little bit later than I was planning on but not too late which was good.

• • •

Uuuh, I'm trying to remember the last thing I was thinking I just HAD to have. I think it was this dress I saw online but then decided in the end not to get it.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

I managed to sleep in a bit again this morning but then I had to get up and get going to meet a friend for ice skating at Chelsea Piers. I ended up running a bit late and there were some train issues but I finally got there. There weren't as many people as the last time I was there on a Saturday which was nice but there was some like MS awareness thing going on with volunteers teaching kids how to skate which was a bit...eh. Not that I'm against it but so many people were falling down and I was afraid to run over someone. When they resurfaced the ice I went over to the other rink to watch some figure skating performances. Usually they have hockey over there but this weekend there was a figure skating competition which was pretty fun to watch.

When I finally went back over to the other rink to continue skating some of the people had left so it was a bit better. I found out that my skating friend might not be going back to London just yet! I'm pretty excited that we'll be able to hang out for one more skating season with any lucky. My other skating friend gave me a present that they apparently ordered for me quite a while back but it took forever for it to ship and we hadn't seen each other since. It's a cute Hello Kitty backpack! I figure I'll put my skates in it and it can be my new skating bag. A backpack is easier to carry anyway than the shoulder bag I was using.

After that we headed back over to the other side to watch some more of the competition. It was pretty interesting! Eventually we got cold and hungry so we left. I came back home and made a casserole for dinner and watched my roomie play the new chapter of the Game of Thrones game while I took care of some stuff. After that I got online and played more SWTOR until bed time.

• • •

I never actually took summer school. I did do a winter session during college though because my adviser messed up and I didn't want to end up having to stick around for an extra semester just to finish up one class. It was actually pretty cool only having to focus on one class and since it was just a few weeks it was really just a crash course. The atmosphere was really chill and even though it was a lot of reading the test wasn't really hard so I rather enjoyed it.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 06-08-2015 at 12:58 AM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-09-2015, 03:01 PM

Monday, June 8, 2015

I woke up feeling pretty tired given how late I went to bed last night. Work was slow. I have a lot to do but I'm also waiting on a lot of information from other people so yeahhh... Having to pretend to be working when I'm really just puttering around is super annoying but I don't want to incur the boss' wrath given the rampage she's been on recently.

I went home, made dinner right away, and got ready for bed. I sat down and watched some wrestling with my roomie while I finally finished hemming my pants and sewing a bead back on a shirt like I've been meaning to for the past month or so. >.< After that I headed to bed on time for the first time in quite a while! I was quite proud of myself. ^^;

• • •

Let me out of work please? >.>

Things have really been so crazy here lately. I'm so tired of it, emotionally and physically, and just not able to deal with the craziness anymore. My boss is really just crazy. I hope she leaves on another trip soon, we could all use a little break from her for a while...

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 06-09-2015 at 03:03 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-10-2015, 12:35 AM

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Despite going to bed early I didn't actually sleep that well and woke up feeling tired again. My roomie was late getting out of the shower so I ended up being late to work as well. The day itself wasn't that bad though. I went to the post office on my lunch break to mail my dad his father's day present. When I got back there was a webinar on loyalty programs and then the rest of the day went by relatively quickly.

When I got home I relaxed for a bit then made dinner and watched the last episode of Usagi Drop. It was pretty good. A rather low key anime but it was nice. After that I got on the computer for a bit and then eventually headed to bed.

• • •

LOL, I don't think I'll be marrying anyone anytime soon.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I slept a bit better last night which was good. I managed to leave on time and got to work on time which was good. Work was eh. There was some confusion about a meeting we were supposed to have at 2:30 but then it got moved up to 1:30 but then no one was there because everyone was out on their lunch break. >.<

After work I decided to go out shopping. I ended up getting some stuff from Victoria Secret since they were having a big sale. Everything is super pretty! I can't wait to wear everything. ^_^

I wandered around for quite a while then eventually got hungry so I went to Panera and got a chicken strawberry and poppyseed salad (small), a small baguette roll, a lemonade, and a cookie (just cuz). It was really good! Once I finished eating I headed home.

When I got there my roomie seemed pretty depressed to I talked to him for a while to try to help cheer him up and then went to bed pretty late.

• • •

I don't get to see pretty sunsets very often. They just don't look really nice where I'm at. I've gone a few times to the Brooklyn Bridge Park around sunset though and the view of the skyline is gorgeous! I'll have to see if I can find a picture...

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 06-11-2015 at 07:09 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-12-2015, 02:23 PM

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Today was all right. I got ready for work and left on time so yay for that! Work was kind of boring. On my lunch break I went to Times Square to get a birthday present for my sister (I'm going back to visit my family at the end of the month) at the Disney store. It was super smelly there today and there's a ton of road work going on so it's such a hassle. I managed to find a good present for her though so I guess it was worth it.

After work I stopped by the H&M near work because that location is closing down and there was a super sale. Only there was pretty much nothing left. >.< Walking back towards Times Square to take the train, a guy stopped me for a charity thing. Usually I just ignore them because I hate being pressured but he ended up pulling me in and I got stuck talking to him forever. >.< Finally I managed to get away and get home. I made dinner with the roomie and did some tidying then played more SWTOR! WHOO! But then I ended up going to bed late again. Oops...

• • •

I love and hate the beach. The idea of the beach is nice, nice view, nice breeze, etc. but I hate that the sand gets everywhere and there's no shade and sometimes it smells. >.<

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-16-2015, 01:57 PM

Friday, June 12, 2015

Today was pretty busy. On my lunch break I went out to get groceries to make a dessert for a get together tomorrow. I ended up buying more than I meant to and it was a pain to carry it all back to the office and then back home. The ride home was pretty terrible and I got off the train with a terrible headache. My plan was to put in a load of laundry, make the dessert really quick, move the laundry, eat dinner, then play some SWTOR. Except yeah, I had forgotten a packet of instant pudding and then the only thing the store here had was cook and serve and that just messed everything up. So then I was running around trying to fix everything and do laundry and eat all at the same time. It was a bit of a nightmare. And then since I started playing late, I ended up staying up super late. Oops...

• • •

I've had tons of long to do lists recently. It seems like everything's been catching up with me and I haven't had a lot of time to get everything done. Yikes!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Today another busy day. I slept badly and had to wake up early to go get a facial I had booked. I was hoping it would be relaxing but it ended up being kind of stressful actually. The extractions really hurt and I got really claustrophobic with the mask. After that I went home to get the pie I had made and ran off to the get together with my coworker for her graduation party. I got there a half hour late but there still wasn't anyone there yet. Apparently Africans are well known for being late. It would have been kind of nice if she had warned me before hand so I didn't have to rush. -_-

The party was eh. I didn't really know anyone there and was feeling pretty shy and just all around bleh. They tried to get me to dance at one point too which was really embarrassing. It was interesting to see the differences in culture though! I ended up leaving much later than I wanted to and got home lateish again. I was pretty tired so I went to bed pretty quickly after.

• • •

I recently got a new air conditioner but I'm really not a fan of it. It's super noisy and doesn't actually make the room very cold. Bleh... I mostly use it only when I sleep because otherwise it gets pretty expensive in terms of the electric bill.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

I slept poorly again. Apparently this is a thing I have going on consistently now. I woke up at 6:00am and couldn't go back to sleep. I lay in bed for a while and played with my phone for a while and eventually managed to go back to sleep for a while longer but still woke up feeling tired. It was a bit of a slow morning/afternoon after that. I was supposed to go on a picnic with another coworker but she never got back to me about it and I was kind of relieved that it got canceled actually because I wasn't really feeling well.

Since I was staying home, I decided to make some madeleines for a friend. I had everything started but then didn't have enough vanilla so I had to go out to get some of that. I came back and baked for like four hours straight. I made a quiche for dinner and by the time I was done I was feeling pretty tired/hot/dizzy so I went to sit in my room with the air conditioning on for a bit then I ended up getting in a fight with my roomie and then played some SWTOR till bedtime. I wanted to to go bed early again since I hadn't been sleeping well but I had another bout of insomnia and couldn't fall asleep until late.

• • •

My coworker made this amazing lemonade for her party! It had mint flavoring in it and was delicious!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Yet another busy day. Work was okay but I was still feeling pretty tired. On my lunch break I went to the post office to mail the madeleines. After work I had a meeting then went to get something to eat at Chipotle. I wanted a sandwich from Pret à manger but everything was pretty much gone at that point. After that I headed home. It was a long and noisy commute. I watched a bit of E3 with my roomie and then went to bed relatively on time.

• • •

I like fruit more than vegetables. If I had to pick a favorite though I'd probably say strawberries. For the most part the only fruits I don't really like are melons and cherries.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 06-16-2015 at 02:03 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-19-2015, 02:56 PM

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I was pretty tired today. I snoozed my alarm (which I almost never do) and fell back asleep immediately. I turned it off after it buzzed again but almost fell back asleep again. Fortunately I managed to catch myself before I did or I wouldn't have made it to work. As it was I was kind of late.

The work day was alright but I wasn't really in the mood to work and couldn't really concentrate. I had a meeting afterwards then ate dinner at Chipotle (only because Pret à manger didn't have the sandwich I wanted) then headed home. My roomie was watching some of the E3 conferences on the TV so I watched that with him for a bit and went to bed at a decent hour for once. XD

• • •

Eh, I don't really pay too much attention to comics to be honest.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I slept a little better last night which was nice. The day was pretty stressful though. The boss was on a screaming rampage and then called a last minute meeting. On my lunch break I went to the library and got a sandwich for later this evening. A bunch of us from the office were supposed to go a philharmonic concert in the park but the weather looked crappy and my head was killing me so we ended up canceling.

I wanted to go home and rest but my head was pounding too much to get on the subway so I ate my sandwich in the park and sat there until it mostly went away. When I got home I played some more SWTOR and then headed to bed.

• • •

We had this festival where I grew up for maple syrup called the Maple Festival! I used to love going to that. Here I almost never know when festivals are going on. You just kind of happen along them in the street from time to time...

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Today was a pretty good day. I slept okay despite going to bed late and concentrated pretty well on work. I had an appointment during my lunch break and then we had a brainstorming session at work that went pretty well. We don't get too many opportunities to meet like that and brainstorm without the boss around so it was really a good experience.

After work I headed home and ran around trying to get stuff done. I have a birthday party to go to after work tomorrow so I was picked out what to wear (which kind of took forever), took a shower, ate dinner, painted my nails, and played some more SWTOR before finally heading to bed.

• • •

I'm a Christian so I guess I would consider it to be the whole heaven/hell thing though I'm not sure I'd imagine it the way it's portrayed in the movies. I don't really believe in clouds and angel wings and all that blah blah. I think it's more like a being of subconsciousness being linked with other minds and being one with God.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 06-19-2015 at 03:00 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-22-2015, 09:15 PM

Friday, June 19, 2015

Today I got up early to get ready for my coworker's party before work. Work was pretty quiet with a bunch of people away for vacation. At the end of the day we all changed into our little black dresses and hung out until it was time to leave for the party. We had a bit of trouble finding the area where the party bus was supposed to pick us up but finally got there. Then it was a bit of a mad dash to try to find drinks and things since the bus apparently didn't stock up a bar like it was supposed to. I honestly didn't think I'd really like it but the party bus was actually a lot of fun once it finally did arrive! There was a stripper pole in the back and everyone had to take a turn on it. XD

We rode around the city for a while and then the bus let us off at the restaurant. There was a live band that played while we waited for our dinner. I had chicken paillard and bissap sangria. It was AMAZING. After that was dancing and eventually cake, which was also delicious. Eventually I headed home, which took forever, and ended up getting to sleep around 4:00am. O. o

• • •

So excited for...sleep!

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Today I slept in really late. I lounged around most of the afternoon and played around on my computer. Later in the day I played some SWTOR and then headed to bed relatively on time.

• • •

LOL, to be honest I didn't accomplish much today. XD

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Today I was thinking about going ice skating with a friend but she had a headache so we decided not to go. I lazed around in the morning and then went to the Botanical Gardens in the afternoon. I was waiting for the bus for like forever and then remembered as soon as the bus came into sight that I didn't have my subway card or keys! I had to make a mad dash for the door and only made it back to catch the bus because it got stopped at a red light.

The park itself was really nice. They reopened the entrance that's closest to where the bus stops so I didn't have to walk all the way around. I was hoping to see the bluebells but it was too late for that, they'd already withered, so I went to the rose garden instead. That was pretty nice, though they had already passed their peak bloom. After that I sat down to read my book for a while before going to discover a more forested area of the garden. That area was definitely my favorite. It looked and smelled just like home and made me feel super nostalgic.

After that I headed home and made dinner then kinda layed around a bit since I was feeling pretty lazy. Eventually I got up to take care of some stuff and then headed to bed.

• • •

I kind of forgot about the summer solstice to be honest.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 06-22-2015 at 09:24 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 PM

Monday, June 22, 2015

I slept pretty well last night but still woke up feeling tired. The day went by relatively fast. I had an appointment after work and then I went grocery shopping at Target. I found some cookie butter there too! I'm pretty excited to try that. I went home, made a late dinner, and went to bed.

• • •

Uuuh, to be honest I haven't been able to really get out and about recently. I've been so busy running around doing things in IRL that when I get on Mene I basically stick to my regular threads.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Today was an interesting day. Woke up tired, seems to be the tendency lately. I think it has to do with my air conditioner and the noise it makes. I tried using a pair of wax earplugs to see if that would block out the noise better but I didn't really like them.

It was super hot on the way to work. The day went by alright. I went down to Union Square on my lunch break and there was a guy in the subway playing a tuba that had a signed tapped to it that read "Fuck Republicans". I thought it was pretty hilarious.

After work I met up with my roomie, his sister, her fiance, and cousin. It actually went much better than I thought it would thought the food service was really slow. After dinner we headed back home and I did some stuff around the apartment and yet again went to bed late.

• • •

The real story behind my avatar is that I started to make something else but it ended up as this. It does kind of look like she's maybe an angel who fall from the sky into the ocean and is a bit battered up from her ordeal.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Today was yet another busy day. I had a lot to get done at work and we had a meeting that went super long. On my lunch break I started a course on Lynda to learn how to better use Adobe Illustrator. It's really fascinating!

After work I went out to eat with my coworkers. We went to the Polish restaurant in Greenpoint but I was super disappointed when they didn't have any bread bowls. I had the white borscht soup and some fried meat perogies with a pilsner Polish beer. It was delicious! It took me quite a while to get home afterwards and I ended up going to bed late again due to some issues with my air conditioner but it was totally worth it.

• • •

I love magnets! They're so convenient and a nice way to decorate a fridge. I don't have to many of them personally but when I was a kid growing up we had like a gazillion of them!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 06-25-2015 at 09:10 PM..