jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-13-2010, 01:41 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Facade!

This cracked me up, seriously. As soon as I saw it it put me in mind of a manic Mrs. Claus with vengence on her mind, especially as she's clutching an Easter egg! You just know who that's gonna get thrown at :lol: Swiftly followed by a smack around the long furry ear with her handbag xD I also like how the ripped yukata contributes to the somewhat mental look.

Apart from the amusement factor this is also nicely balanced, silver at top and toe, peachy shades spread evenly throughout, both of which blend and compliment nicely the richer, darker tones to create an interesting outfit, which does look festive, but not overly so.

Nice going Facade, you've given me a good laugh with this one ;)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 PM

Ok, here's your winner for this week, it's Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda!

This is another outfit that got me right in the funny bone, so here's my interpretation of it....

I see a blind dragon. Now because it's blind it doesn't know that it's a dragon, so someone has captured it and convinced it that it's a chicken, and to aid them in their ruse they've given it baby chicks to look after.
This person though, they're still a bit nervous so they put a chain round the dragon's neck just incase, and have surrounded it with pretty flowers to try and keep it mellow. The little chickies seem to like it though xD

This undoubtedly is absolutely nothing to do with Ceridwen's intent for this outfit, but it's the tale that it tells to me, and as you guys should have realised by now, I like avatars that speak to me in this way xD

It's also a pretty look; nicely balanced and including a complimentary shade with the orange as that highlights the gold used in the outfit and brightens the background. The overall usage of hot colours goes nicely with the cooler green to creating a complete look that's fresh and vibrant.

Fun and nicely done!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-27-2010, 08:32 PM

Ok, here's your winner for this week, it's Sizzla!

I seem to be on a roll with the fishface helm lately, but you guys are making some great outfits with it! This one yet again made me laugh a lot! Siz has turned into some kind of mutant cat/lizard/chicken hybrid and I love it!

And because it's Sizz it's not just amusing, it's put together excellently too. Some very clever layering going on. I love the use of the Cranberry Shirt over the Tiki skirt, that's very clever. The Licorice heart pendant is a very cute touch and the way the top of the fins on the helm look like ears is awesome xD

I'm also amused by how the facial expression looks really petulant :lol: Mutant is sulking because it's having a bad hair day? xD

Whatever the reason it's a great avatar, well done Sizzla!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-04-2010, 04:11 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's *Hime*!

What a great colour scheme this is, warm and cool shades combined to great effect, I'm picking up a vaguely Eastern vibe but I'm unsure if that's because of the way the outfit looks, the influence of the eyes or the mystic vibe from the smoke puffs, but whatever it is it's cool :)

I especially like the tan skin used with the silver hair as that looks very striking and reflects the warm/cool tones of the clothes, and yeah, I'm a sucker for people successfully using gold and silver at the same time, that always carries win point for me.

Also nice that while this is quite a busy outfit the head hasn't been weighed down with unnecessary pieces, instead the two head items used compliment the outfit perfectly and go together great, so all in all a super outfit!

Well done *Hime* :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-11-2010, 01:32 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Saravi Boo!

Isn't this great? I don't know about you but it makes a certain song play in my head. Specifically a certain version of a certain song that was the theme to a cartoon when my sister was small :lol:

SPOILERX

Such a dandy look though, it's awesome, clever use of the socks! It's nice to see a boy avie making use of a big hat, too! Of course they're missing a sword, but once they have their winnings for this they'll be able to afford one ;)

So congratulations Saravi on an inspired outfit!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-17-2010, 03:10 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Suona!

This outfit has caught the eye of several of the staff actually, it's really interesting! It has a very mellow vibe to me, the blue and white working together to create a chilled out look while the gold touches add elegance, all freshened up by the green.

You could invent endless stories for the overall look too, couldn't you? Are they an angel bringing us grapes from Heaven; home delivery taken to the extreme? Maybe they got turned to stone for stealing the grapes! lol xD Maybe they're such special awesome grapes that looking upon them will blind you so your eyes need to be covered? The questions abound!

Altogether though it's a cool and interesting avatar! Nice going, Suona :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's KatMagenta!

This is a very stylish outfit! I really like the juxtaposition (god I HATE that poncey word! lol) between the slightly prim and proper outfit and hair, and the horns and glowing red eyes, lol. Does that mean the innocent-looking heart-face fox is actually a hell hound? D:

I love the layering of the tops though, very nicely done! Took me a minute to work out where the heart at the waist came from ;) I like that though, when I have to think about it to work out all the items someone's wearing.

Though one of my favourite touches is actually the smallest! The use of the loveknot with the hat, that looks great! Overall this is simply a smashing outfit, well done Kat :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's slowtrain!

This is just lovely. So Spring-like, it's fresh and vibrant and strongly reminds me of an exotic flower opening. Maybe it's a phoenix orchid! Beautiful colour combination, Ido like it when people create an outfit using no black or white, it gives a totally different vibe to the finished look. This one is soft and feminine because the more neutral tones are subtle and muted, perfect companion colours to the light and fresh green and the striking purple.

I like the clever use of silver as an accent colour, especially the sneaky use of boots over shoes to make use of the different coloured ties around the calves. The feather collar looks so pretty against the green of the top, and again it's the look of petals. The ruffle and skirt together make me think of flag irises.

Overall this is just a lovely outfit and makes me very happy on a grey and wet day. Beautiful job, slowtrain!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Wishie!

This is another one that got me straight in my funny bone xD Here's Wish, squirrel territory infiltrator! She's disguised herself as a giant squirrel, and smothered herself in praline to distract them from the fact that her "tail" is a bit limp :ninja:
Look at that squirrel, lured in by the yummies and now trapped on her patented squirrel-trapper gauntlets! What's she planning on doing with them? I've heard that squirrel is tasty...

Quite apart from my silly story though, this is a cute outfit! I love how the inside of the ears is a great match to the waffle part of the skirt. I also like the contrast between the cuteness of the dress and the hair bow, and the big boots, tattoos and spiky bits, lol. The anklewings add a neat touch too, as they mirror the shape of the hair which does a huge amount to pull the outfit together.

The background is well balanced with the green at top and bottom, and of course the tree truck is paralelled with the brown in the centre of the outfit, all those little touches that add balance and make a look more visually pleasing :)

So altogether a great result! Cute, well-balanced and telling me a silly story :lol: Well done Wishie!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-16-2010, 05:24 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Dearest!

It was the colour contrast that caught my eye with this initially, both of the outfit itself and the skin tone, as not many people use the darker skins. I like pink and green a lot so this seemed instantly pretty to me, but also a combination that I don't see used very often.
The accessories amused me too, with the sparkler and heart working together to look quite a bit like a wand casting a love spell, and the wings, this looks quite like a slightly avant garde fairy, keen on putting some lurve in someone's life.

I do like the contrast between the skin and the silver hair, and how the black is used on the legs to counter-balance the darker shades further up the avatar. The addition of black as an accent colour gives the outfit a slightly edgey look, adding depth and interest.

What I especially like though is how no colour has been overdone. There isn't too much of any shade used anywhere, so the whole thing gels together with very pleasing effect. A pretty outfir, Dearest, nice going :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-22-2010, 12:13 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's CK!

Now CK's had a variant of this look for a while now, but she's done something to it and it's speaking to me now in ways which make me happy.
I could come over all hippifed and say I'm picking up very peaceful and mellow vibes from it, lol, because I am!

I really like how the combined use of the grass, the shamrocks and the sky background gives the impression that she's up on the peak of a high hill, her own little kingdom under the sky where she can look out over the rest of the world. I feel like if I look at it for long enough then I'll see some birds fly by.

It also reminds me of those medieval tales where a maiden has a bower where she hangs out and does maidenly things; like dreaming of handsome princes, weaving headdresses from wild flowers, and looking frail and delicate and possibly consumptive xD (aren't those stories horribly stereotypical!). Notice that CK's having none of that frail stuff, her wild flowers are tough enough to support her swing!
I also think that if the handsome prince turned out to be a jerk, then she'd use the swing as an offensive weapon; get some good momentum going and boot him back down to the bottom of her hill :P

Despite my silliness though!...this is a very pretty and feminine look which when paired with the background items used creates a lovely bit of imagery :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-29-2010, 11:36 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's The Liztress!

Neat outfit, huh? Good instant impact going on here. The simple red and white combination really jumps out of the page at you, a lovely clean look with the gold adding warmth. I especially like how the flower hairpins look with the headwings against the golden hair. What gives this it's impact is that none of the items are decorated, it's the overall simplicity and the combined shapes that create the pop.

Another bit that appeals to me is the line of the hip and how the white top, warm flesh tone then gold belt look against the swish of the skirt

It also has a bit of a dessert vibe going on, if you think of a strawberry tart with golden pastry, rich red fruit and topped with cream :D Not that I'm food obsessed or anything xD The leg layering is neat too, with the gold stockings underneath the Valentina ones. All very pretty! Nice going Liztress :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's ElysuimFate!

This look intrigued me, because it's got quite a showgirl vibe going on, but the avatar looks so supremely disapproving that that can't possibly be what it's about :lol: I like it a lot though, there's not a lot of items used, but those that have been work together to great effect. I especially like how the belt looks over the wrap skirt, and the front drape of the wrap skirt over the tulip skirt, too.

We've got a nice bit of balancing going on with the silver hair and the white tights, those lighter areas really lift the whole look, while the outfit items look both sexy and classy, and the minimal gold touches are reflected in the eyes which compliment the whole outfit.

So while I can't decide if this outfit is governess or dominatrix, I CAN say that it's great! Well done Elysium! :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-12-2010, 08:28 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Cora Lorington!

This is kind of epic! I love the colour scheme and the overall look, it's both girly and sexy and a little bit dangerous at the same time. Ninja kitty assassin? I love the flowy bits and the movement that they add, the plume from the helmet and the tails of the scarf seem like they'll move if you just look away for a second.

I like the shape made by the boots and pantaloons too, with the skirt over the top creating a cheeky little peplum. The lack of hair has a big impact on the whole look actually, the cleanness of that area really changes how the whole outfit looks and makes the face mask pop and seem so much more sinister.

A very interesting look, well done Cora!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-19-2010, 11:34 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Kultura!

This is fun! It's vibrant and regal-looking. Kulty looks like a royal mythological beastie! I especially like the head/face items combo. The gold horns and blue eye make up really pop against the dark skin, the ears and crystal ear pieces frame the head tidily, and of course the two-tone hair looks just perfect and adds that little bit of green to the top section of the avatar to balance it nicely.

That regal look is brought out beautifully with the gold and royal blue of the outfit, with the teal shade adding a bit of middle ground so things don't look too stark. The wings of course do their own bit of framing for the lower half of the avatar and I love the use of the crystal ankles just to add the tiny touch of colour to the legs to break up the expanse of black and tie in with the wings nicely.

This is a really striking outfit altogether, and, with the eye shape and facial expression, along with the dark skin and no hair, it kind of reminds me a bit of Grace Jones! Which honestly makes it a little scary! :lol:

Well done Kultura!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2010, 12:39 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Knerd!

I've been admiring this outfit for a several weeks now, and have given in to temptation this week! Maybe it was the addition of that cheeky little bow on the front of the skirt? That's added the perfect finishing touch I think.

This is such a fun and sexy outfit, some very clever layering of tops that works to great effect, the stripey stockings look foxy and the boots are just killer, of course! The facial expression adds to the overall naughtiness too.

One of the best things about this outfit is that while it certainly is cheeky and sexy, there's no flesh on show at all, it's all about the overall impression and nothing to do with flashing flesh. Lesson to learnt there for all those girls who go out practically naked ;)

So well done Knerd, for yet another excellent outfit!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's x_StardustPurview_x!

I love the watery look of this avatar,such a nice cool colour combination, it's refreshing to look at during all this hot weather! Do you notice how even though the avatar has a skirt on it still looks essentially male. I get a very mellow vibe from it; I think it's a combination of the placid expression and the swirly movement from the sashes, tied in with the overall chilled effect from the palette.

I wonder if they chill everyone out wherever they go, or maybe a nice refreshing cool breeze follows them around! But regardless of any cooling effect, this is a neat look :D Congratulations!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-10-2010, 02:12 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Sakura_Madison!

Look how fresh this is! It's also very cute! The colours are bold and vibrant and the use of the leaf wings makes the whole outfit look almost like it's growing! I love how the blue bird seems to br trying to communicate with the ducky toy, too xD But, because of the avie's expression I'm unsure whether this elfen miss has good intentions for that little bird that she appears to be trying to catch with a lure xD

Aside from the amusement though, this is well put together, not too many head items, just enough to compliment each other, and I love the belt/skirt/bloomers and legwarmers combo. It's really just the leaf wings and the feather items that busy this up, without those this is a pretty simple outfit. But the great colour choices and those addition pieces lift it right up into something special.

Well done Sakura!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-17-2010, 06:07 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Waffle!

Lovely vivid look going on here! Wonderful bold colour combination, it positively glows. This is another of those outfits that looks quite fancy because of the items used but actually doesn't have that many components, just great use of shape to produce an outfit with real presense.

Some of you may think this clashes and be throwing up your hands in horror, but I'm all for a bit of bravery with colour so vibrant ensembles like this make me very happy, as does the fact that some lesser used items are getting an airing here, in particular the big top coat which looks just fabulous with the feathers ruffle! You'd think those items were made for each other and I'm inspired to try a version myself!

I also love the space skirt, red top and belt together, very neat bit of layering there! The little sweetie beneath the hat is perfect to add that little touch of red to the head area too, and it fits just right with the vibe of the outfit.

A super-fun outfit, Waffle, well done! :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-24-2010, 08:40 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Suona!

I like this a lot! It makes me think of Bacchinalian persuits and so on, I can just imagine Suona cavorting drunkenly in a woodland glade beneath a waxing moon ;)

Very pleasing colour shoices here, natural tones with the browns and greens, accentuated by the soft and the bright golds. Notice the pendant? Cheeky little bit of matching going on there ;) Ties those soft golden tones together beautifully. The ankles are just what was needed to add that touch of brightness to the feet area, and the colours are mirrored again in the face without looking contrived.

The earrings are a very nice choice too, both those and the pendant show just how much effect a small item can have when it comes to those perfect finishing touches. Overall this is an elegant outfit, very neatly put together with no overload in any area, and a nice solid theme. Great job Suona!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's *Hime*

How's this for an exuberant outfit? It puts me in mind of some delicious and calorific, extravagant Italian dessert, brimming with ice cream and sorbet and a huge pile of whipped cream look! All layered with vanilla sponge! There's even a pink wafer in the top...anyone else feeling hungry? xD

The head area is particularly nice, that fresh, minty hair colour looks great! The contrast with that and the raspberry shade of the hairpin is yummy, with the white tassle adding that little spot of freshness. The gold band from the crown veil is just right for this too, with no fussiness to detract from the hairpin.

See how the large earring fills that little bit of empty space below the chin? That balances the short hair very nicely, and the touches of gold around the face, combined with the eyes and the warm skintone give a sensuous and exotic look, also slightly mean if I honest. Maybe to put off anyone who might be following her with a spoon ;)

Congratulations *Hime* on a very tasty-looking avatar!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's RisikaFox:!

Now this is a very simple look, but that's part of its appeal for me, I kept going back to it and looking at it again, honestly knowing that while some of you will be nice in here you'll probably bitch in your own threads, but I really like this. There's a lot of cohesion going on here and there's no fuss what-so-ever, it's just pirate, simple as that.

I love the outfit itself, the jacket looks perfect and looks really good over the top of the corset. That of course looks like a dress when combined with the skirt. She's got the front of the skirt hitched out of the way just like a sensible lady pirate would, with some good butt-kicking boots on underneath.

And no accessories overload, just that simple pendant and of course the obligatory eye patch, plus the big-ass sword!
And of course we cannot ignore the fact that the use of the red-haired wig make her look a whole lot like Geena Davis is Cutthroat Island, which is what initially drew me to this avatar.

The stormy background makes the perfect foil for the outfit, too, with that cheeky little bit of colour-matching going on with the grey tones on the jacket, but in the main because it adds drama and impact to the overall look. This would look kind of odd standing in the sun with trees and flowers! But the bad weather adds to the general GRRRness of it all and compliments the avatar's clearly mean disposition!

Well done Risika, a fun outfit!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Woodlandnymph:!

This is so serene and pretty! I particularly like that it's a nighttime scene as that adds to the mellow look, you don't see this night sky background used very often.
A very ladylike outfit for a fairy, nice use of the corset! The colours are fresh but neutral, just a small bit of green on the legs to balance out the wings, the arm puffs go very well with the corset and the gold trim on them brings forward the gold edging on the wings.

The tree and the deer add nice brown brackets of course, further darker tones in the background to make the lighter shades of the outfit pop, with the fairy ring on the ground rounding things off nicely there. The firelies add to the mystical/magical feeling of the overall image too, this is a picture that you could watch for a little while because you're sure that it might move, maybe the tree branches will sway, or the fireflies flit around a little! Who knows...

A tranquil and lovely avatar though, well done :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-21-2010, 04:34 AM

Here's your winner for this week it's Cami!

Look at this! Cami looks like a forest beastie! I LOVE the use of the leaves, as she looks like she's just crawled through a hedge :lol: I really like that the combination of ears, hair, horns and eye items mean that the avatar doesn't look human at all. Maybe some mysterious woodland creature, or something borg-like that's getting back to nature! Whatever the nature of the beast she's brought her naughty little dragon sidekick along too!

Now let's look at these colours, on a more conventional avatr they might put you in mind of festive holidays. But on this one , because of the dark skin tone, looks vibrant and tribal, maybe some secret Central American tribe considering all the gold. Has Cami discovered El Dorado! And what caused that nasty would on her side! All very mysterious...

Fun and interesting avie though, Cami! Well done :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Dystopia:

Very interesting look here! Immediately visually striking because of the colours used, and because of the white head wings against the night background. Actually all the head items have great impact, all simple items and that really makes them all stand out without jostling for attention.

The overall look is quite goddess-like, nice choice of items used, things that you generally would see paired together, but work just great! I especially like how the Merkheti accessories pop and how nice the blue/green of those looks with the purples.

Another clever touch is how the tree in the background is balanced by the flare of the cloak on the opposite side. And Fluffy of course looks like it could be a distant planet! Maybe the planet that the Goddess Anna came from ;)

Nice outfit!