Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 11-20-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:

Long ago,
A french man named Julian Marquet walked into a small tavern in the middle of the large French city of Tortuga. He swiftly walked over to a woman standing by the bar and told her of a treasure he was after. A treasure that was so large it had more gold then all the French cities put together! And that he called the treasure 'Blackbeards Curse' He says that though fame and fortune could be given to the one who found the treasure, the only way to get to the treasure is to sacrifice Blackbeards only living relative, for to get where the gold is, you need his blood along with you. At first the woman by the bar is alarmed by hearing of what they would do to the last living survivor of Blackbeards family, But she then turns to all the men in the tavern and calls out for them to join Mister Marquet and to recruit men through out the city of Tortuga along the Caribbean Sea.

After going to the tavern in hopes of getting a share of the famous treasure and signing up to work on a ship of one of the most famous French pirates, you then become one of the ship hands. Once the boat is ready, you sail away from Tortuga for what could be your last time ever. This is your story. Do you choose to be a pirate and search for the famous treasure? Or save the girl that is Blackbeards only relative? Or are you one of Spain's spies? Do what you may, but remember: Once your a part of the crew, there's no turning back.

Summary:
If you don't understand any of the things I said above, heres a summary: A man by the name of Julian Marquet is looking for a treasure larger than life, and is in need of a crew. You are his crew! But in order to get the treasure you have to kill Blackbeards Great, Great Grand Daughter and spill her blood over the entrance of where the treasure lies. You can be anyone you want to be in this rp: One of Spain's spies (France is at war with Spain), A person simply looking for gold, A merchant, etc. By the way, your sailing on the Caribbean in June, 1660. You set sail on the 13th.

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 03-23-2012 at 12:38 AM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 11-20-2011, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Rules:
* You have to be able to type at least a paragraph, I'd like this to be literate.
* There will be lots of fighting on board the ship due to the fact that not everyone will get along.. or want to share the treasure, But NO killing unless they agree to it, and I agree to it.
* Remember, there in the middle of the ocean with the same type of enviorment as it would've been on the ship. Which means all the ship mates sleep in the same large room, while the captain (Mr. Marquet) sleeps in his quarters above them.
* You have to be able to sword fight (:
* Pm me with the title as ' Arrrggh'
*Have fun!

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 12-19-2011 at 02:15 AM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 11-20-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Captains Log:

June 3rd: Blackbeards Great, Great Grand daughter named Scarlett is securely tucked away in the hold on the ship in a small cell. I feel bad for the poor girl, but fame and fortune awaits me!

June 11th: I have started to recruit a crew, so far all I have is a few men and woman willing to help me on the ship.

June 13th: Today the crew that I have recently recruited will be setting sail away from the beautiful city of Tortuga and towards Santo Domingo where the treasure map begins.

June 14th: We've set sail and are now on our way to port at Barbados. We've traveled fairly far, but still have a long while to go.

June 23rd: Scarletts sick, but Fenris got the map from her. Hopefully she makes it.

July 12th: It's been a few weeks, and so far we've been on our journey as planned.

August 6th: Today Scarlett and Laiden tried to escape. They succeeded only to be captured later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~CREW~~~~~~~~~

Captain: Julian Marquet - Katie Scarlett Divine
Blackbeards relative: Scarlett - Katie Scarlett Divine
Fenris- Esmme
Joseph Laiden- Esmme
Codette- Codette
Alan Keeper- Triquetra
Meteen Samir- Triquetra

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 08-09-2012 at 12:16 PM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 11-20-2011, 01:35 AM

[CENTER]Form:

Code:
My Name, you ask? [COLOR="your color"](name)[/COLOR] The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on [COLOR="your color"](birthdate)[/COLOR] Yikes, I guess I'm getting up there. I'm [COLOR="your color"](age)[/COLOR] I'm sorry you couldn't see, but I'm a [COLOR="your color"](gender)[/COLOR] Let me tell you a little about myself... [COLOR="your color"](Biography. Optional.)[/COLOR] Why are you here? [COLOR="your color"][/COLOR] Where are you from? [COLOR="your color"]((It can be anywhere as long as its a city along the Caribbean, it doesn't have to just be Tortuga.))[/COLOR] Mirror, mirror, on the wall. (picture here)

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 01-02-2012 at 02:18 AM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 11-20-2011, 01:36 AM

Profiles:
Quote:
My Name, you ask? Julian Marquet
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on April 19th 1637
Yikes, I guess I'm getting up there. I'm Twenty Three
I'm sorry you couldn't see, but I'm a Male
Let me tell you a little about myself... What can I say? I was born a poor French boy and taken from my parents when I was very young. So as revenge I plan to get this treasure just to show I'm not some pathetic poor child! And then I will give my share of the gold to my family once I find them. I've lived in Tortuga ever since I was sent here at the age of thirteen. Before then I lived in a city by the name of Port-de-Paix before being taken to Tortuga.
Why are you here? To find the treasure of course.
Where are you from? Port-de-Paix and Tortuga.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall.

My Name, you ask? Scarlett Blackbeard
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on April 8th 1642
Yikes, I guess I'm getting up there. I'm Eighteen
I'm sorry you couldn't see, but I'm a Female
Let me tell you a little about myself... I'm the notorious great, great grand daughter of Blackbeard himself. I grew up in Santo Domingo but was captured and taken to Tortuga to be put in the hands of the famous Julian Marquet who is in search of Blackbeards treasure. I for one am appalled by the thought of being sacrificed so that they may take my families treasure.. but I suppose there's not much I can do right?
Why are you here? I'm to be sacrificed so that they can enter the area where the treasure is kept.
Where are you from? Santo Domingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark world dealer
My Name, you ask? Raider
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on july the 7
Yikes, I guess I'm getting up there. I'm 21
I'm sorry you couldn't see, but I'm a male
Let me tell you a little about myself... Raider was raised a sword fighter all way's having to get better at it to survive Raider's parents left his at a young age so he has be living around with bandits for most of his life they were teaching him every thing they new until one day on there boat they where killed by the British army
Why are you here? you become the best sword fighter in the seven sea's
Where are you from? a remote island out in the ocean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kya Katsumi
My Name, you ask? Devin Liswood
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on March 12, 1635
I'm sorry you couldn't see, but I'm a female
Let me tell you a little about myself... I grew up with my father sailing the open seas. My mother was a whore from Tortuga, which explains her absence in my life. My pirate father was killed one day when our ship was boarded by a ruthless pirate. Our crew perished and our ship burned. I floated to shore three days later with few memories of my life. I'm living on the streets of Tortuga doing what I can to get by.
Why are you here? Sailing the open seas are all I know, and a little treasure would really turn this depressing lifestyle of mine around. Maybe it will help to bring back more of my cherished memories.
Where are you from? Bayamo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette
My Name, you ask? Codette Bonny
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on
July 21st 1637
Yikes, I guess I'm getting up there. I'm
I'm sorry you couldn't see, but I'm a
woman
Let me tell you a little about myself...
Whats there to tell. I grew up in Ireland. I ran away from an arranged marriage four years ago, and I became a pirate, so I joined a crew that wasn't against having a woman on board. I've been sailing since. My captain recently disbanded his ship, so I had to find a new one.
Why are you here?
To feel freedom, and treasure is a perk
Where are you from?
Roseau
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearRose
My Name, you ask? Captain Jack Sparrow.
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on September 2nd, 1632.... I think. I can't really remember.
Yikes, I guess I'm getting up there. I'm 28 or so.
I'm sorry you couldn't see, but I'm a male.
Let me tell you a little about myself... When I was 8, my home was attacked by pirates. I was one of the only survivors and I learned the ways of a pirate. As I grew older, I decided that I was going to be Captain of a ship. One day when we settled on land for the night, I ran away and found my own ship. I've been through a lot since then. I've recently heard of a tail of great fortune while sitting in a pub one night. I've decided to go after this fortune, but not right away. I'll sneak onto the ship and pretend like I've been there for awhile; get to know the lay out and take this girl when the time is right!
Why are you here? free food and a place to sleep for now.
Where are you from? Ummm, do I really have to try and remember that? We'll say Tortuga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme

My Name, you ask? Fenris ("Little Wolf")
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on August 12, 1635
Yikes, I guess I'm getting up there. I'm 25.
Let me tell you a little about myself... I don't remember much from my past . . . nothing beyond small snitches here and there. Most aren't pleasant. The only link to my former life I have is carved into my skin. My master marked me with pale tattoos. It isn't just the markings that make me obvious: my dark skin labels me as a slave. It isn't comfortable to have people staring at you wherever you go: the dark skin and light hair is really an attention getter.
The first memory I really have is . . . precious to me. Julian found my half dead in a gutter somewhere in Tortuga. I felt indebted to him, so I followed him about for a while until I got my bearings.
I knew him for years, but I kept disappearing. I'm not one to stay around. Recently I was in Tortuga and heard that someone was recruiting for a journey out to sea. I must admit that hearing Julian's name was like music to me ears. My "brother" was hiring: so I joined, though this time I'm not alone.

Why are you here? I chose to follow my friend. I wasn't about to let him go on an adventure without me.
Where are you from? Unknown. I suspect Santiago was once my home, but I am uncertain.

My Name, you ask? Joseph Laiden
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on December 25, 1642
Yikes, I guess I'm getting up there. I'm 18.
Let me tell you a little about myself... I was from a privilaged family who was killed by pirates on the way to Tortuga. Fenris took pity on me after finding me near the bodies of my parents. I tend to be a bit . . . odd. Don't mind my strange habits! I don't mean to offend, really I don't.
I once heard someone whispering about me when I walked by. He said I was crazy. Maybe it's true. Does an insane person know when they're insane? Do they even contemplate insanity?

Why are you here? I am here because I cling to Fenris: he is the last bit of the world that will protect me.
Where are you from? My family came from England. We had come to the Caribbean to escape from my father's debt. I have been following Fenris ever since the event, so I come from wherever he goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triquetra
My Name, you ask? Alan Keeper
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on October 13
I'm sorry you couldn't see, but I'm a man
Let me tell you a little about myself... Alan Keeper was born to a very well known and wealthy family to the east. His father is still to this day an adviser to the emperor. While his mother works in dealings within their own people. He has one older brother and one young sister. He being the youngest male in the family, was not thought to be the most gifted. No, surprising that would fall to his youngest sister. Alan went threw school, reaching not only the top of his class, but five years early, and was accepted into a very precedes medical internship. After his very short internship, Alan went to work at the age of nineteen. His specialty became trauma as we know today. He worked very well under pressure, and very much enjoyed it. He was a very gifted human indeed. You may be wondering how such a noble, high rated doctor found himself on a pirate ship. That is all very simple... he does not have to tell a soul.
Why are you here? The adventure and to sew skin back together when adventuring becomes to hard.
Where are you from? Originally China, but I have been travelling for years.

My Name, you ask? Mateen Samir
The calendar doesn't lie. I was born on March 25
Yikes, I guess I'm getting up there. I'm 29
I'm sorry you couldn't see, but I'm a Woman
Let me tell you a little about myself... For most of Meteen's life she was a man. At the young age of ten, she decided to run away from home, cutting her hair short, changing her name, and hiding what marked her a woman. She joined the military, and was trained from the young age to fight. She told the military she had no family, and broke all ties. Slowly she rose threw the ranks. What she was doing was high treason. Woman were not equals in Saudi Arabia. Meteen grew into a strong well known young man. She was famous in her country. She fought and led armies. It was at the age of twenty-four when she was given a great honer. The choice to become one of the emperors private assassins.

There was a traitor among the guards, and just three years into her career, the palace was attacked from the inside. The small army was killed quickly, but Meteen was severely wounded. It was then, in surgery when they discovered Meteen was a woman. She fled that same day, never to return to her home. She has taken up refuge in the Caribbean. Tortuga to be precise.

Why are you here? She has to stay on the move.
Where are you from? Saudi Arabia
----------

Accepting profiles! Send them to me! (: <3

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 08-09-2012 at 12:12 PM..

TearRose
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2011, 07:11 PM

((~dances~ yay! when are we starting??))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 12-26-2011, 10:24 PM

((Once we get like two more characters <3 (: ))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 12-27-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Today was the day that the notorious Captain Julian Marquet would set sail in the direction of Puerto Principe. The map showed that treasure map started just a few hundred miles away from the town of Puerto Principe, so thats where they were headed. Marquet (As he usually called himself) was sitting on the side of the crow's nest, peering over at the crew below him. Most of his new crew was either getting onto the boat now with their things, or had been there for several days already. He gave the newer arrivals a wave before putting both his hands onto the rope in front of the crows nest that was hooked onto one of the many sails. He jumped off of the crows nest and glided across the rope until jumping down onto the deck and smiling at all of them. "Will someone go check on Blackbeards relative before we set sail?" He asked, glancing at all of them before making his way across the deck and up a small flight of stairs to get to the Poop Deck where the Rudder was to steer the boat.

"Scarlett's in the hold along with all of the goods, food, and weapons. Though NO one let her out of her cell. It's very important that the girl does not escape or all will be lost.
" He said firmly, clearing his throat. Marquet had dark brown hair that was cut short and mostly hidden by his Captains hat that was all black, leather and resembled a tri-cornered hat. The side of his hat had a blue flag on it, showing that he belonged to the French. Then for his clothing he wore a waist coat and breeches that were made of a rich velvet and were a dark crimson color, then on his chest he wore an expensive sat and leather sash that was black and went diagonally down his chest, while the rest wrapped around his waist. For his feet he wore long black boots and at his side was his silver cutlass sword hung from his black sword holder. And under his waistcoat was a long puffy sleeved white shirt.

He looked around at the crew before giving a nod to a few of the men closest to him. "Bring the anchor up and we'll be on our way. " He said, his brown eyes scanning the surrounding sea as he waited for the ship to be all set to go. He leaned against the rudder and sighed, spinning it softly to make the boat go to the left and right slowly. Since the anchor was in the boats movements were too slow for it to jolt anyone.

Scarlett sat in the cargo filled hold in her small cell. She stared out at the sea through the small port hole and let a small sigh escape her full lips. She glanced around the hold. Her cell was just a small room with bars for walls and the only furniture in it was a small bunk that was made of wood and strapped to the walls by chains. The floor looked dull and worn from years of prisoners being stored in it and the room smelled of a horrible odor. In the next room over was where all the ships crew would be staying. Where they had nice cots and hammocks and plenty of people to interact with.

Scarlett looked down at her slightly tanned skin and grimaced when she remembered that she had chains around her wrists so that she could not move from her crappy, wooden bed. Her appearance looked tired, weak, and hungry from not eating anything Captain Marquet had given her in the past few days. For her clothing she wore a blue underbust corset that had engravings of beautiful roses on it, a white longer sleeved shirt with slightly puffed out sleeves, then she wore a long black skirt that stopped just below her knees. for boots she wore thigh high black leather boots with three buckles on one side of each shoe.

She had long black hair that stopped at her mid back that was wavy and was all black. She had dark green eyes that resembled the color of the Caribbean grass. Her body was thin but had all the curves in the right places thanks to years of work in Santo Domingo where she had lived since she was four. She used to live in San Juan as a child, but when her father and mother died she was sent to Santo Domingo to work until a man took her hand. But before that could happen she was rudely taken by Marquet to be killed in a treasure hunt.
(Since i'm sick my first post is the same post from the last rp. But my second post will be different, I promise! Lol I'm just waiting for my medicine to kick in.)

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-27-2011, 09:11 PM

Codette Bonny narrowed her eyes as she studied the map. She wasn't much for hard labor, but she could read and write, a talent that made her a decent navigator with a map.
Her red-blonde hair was tied up high on her head, the curls spilling around just above her eyes. She wore a white, 3/4 sleeves, tunic top, and a plain under-bust burgundy corset, holding her ample breasts in place. Soft tan, leather pants encased her shapely legs, until reaching the short black boots she wore, buckled against her ankles.
Codette marked out a course, taking into warning all the things the captain had forced out of Scarlett. A slow smile spread her lips. Codette looked out over the ocean, and her smile widened. The sea made her feel at peace. As dangerous as it was for a woman, it was better than being stuck back in Roseau with an arranged marriage.
She rolled up the map with her notes inside. Rushing up to the helm, she ignored the prolonged stares her shipmates gave her hourglass frame. "Captain, I have our heading." she unrolled her map. "If we listen to Scarlett Andrews, Santo Domingo is where our route begins. If we follow this course, we should arrive at port in 3 days. 2 with fair weather."

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 12-28-2011, 04:25 AM

((WOOT!!! :boogie: It's starting!))

Time to set sail.

Fenris heard the captain's order, and moved to help with the anchor. He was part of the crew - and quite the prize when it came to hired muscle. Helping the others, he heaved the massive weight into place. They were under way within minutes.
The salty breeze made the broad-shouldered male shudder lightly. He enjoyed the thrill of being on board a ship as large as this one. With his gray eyes narrowed, he moved away from the crewmen and toward the captain. Marquet was dressed in extravagant clothing, as he'd recently taken to wearing. Fenris managed to keep the scowl off his features, but only until he felt a presence near his ankles. He glared down to find a pale youth sitting beside him.

Joseph Laiden met Fenris' gaze with his own. His dark eyes were emotionless, as was his face. Instead of moving away from where he sat, Laiden kept his place. It wasn't unusual to find the boy trailing after the other male: he was constantly following Fenris, no matter where he went.
Unlike his muscular companion, though, Joseph didn't enjoy the ocean. The rocking of the ship sent his stomach into a series of somersaults, and he swallowed forcefully to keep himself from getting sick. A woman's voice made his black gaze dart toward the captain. Eying Codette for a few moments, Laiden smiled slightly to himself. Like most men, he enjoyed the company of women. The only difference was that Joseph was more like a child: he loved listening to females talk, he took pleasure in watching them do trivial tasks, and if he was ever away from Fenris he was surrounded by women. His interest in the opposite gender was quite innocent . . . it was much like a puppy's interest in human beings.

Fenris followed Laiden's gaze. When he saw Codette, his usual scowl returned. The woman was drop-dead gorgeous, but it didn't seem to affect the tall male much. Instead, he immediately made the decision to dislike her. He didn't like many people, so it wasn't unusual.
He fixed Laiden with a look that kept the boy in place. "Stay clear of that one, boy." His tone was rough, and his gaze harsh, but the youth merely nodded and edged closer to Fenris' legs. He was really having a hard time getting used to the sway of the ship.

Last edited by Esmme; 12-29-2011 at 06:00 AM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 12-28-2011, 03:42 PM

Marquet looked towards Codette, rolling his eyes a little. He pulled a map out of his pants pocket and kneeled to the ground, spreading it out on the old wooden floor. "Now thats were your slightly wrong Codette, The route clearly stops a few hundred miles after Port Principe. But your right that it will take three days." He said, a small smirk playing on his beautiful lips. Marquet was a very attractive man, and very well known with the women of Tortuga. Though he wasn't the type of man that knew he was handsome. "Remember, I am the Captain, I can read a map as well as route one, Sweetheart." He said slyly. He rolled the map back up and hung it to his belt. He stood, looking to his friend Fenris and giving him his notorious smile.

The male looked to Laiden who was following closely to Fenris. He quickly walked down from the stern and onto the main deck. He walked to Fenris and whispered. "Later would you mind putting some sense into that Blackbeard relative? Shes driving me crazy. She refuses to eat because she says she'd rather die by her own hands then by the hands of me." He said, rolling his eyes. "Women." He muttered, cursing under his breath. "You can kill them but they'd still find the time to make you regret that you ever let them breathe.." He said, grinning. It was not that Marquet hated all women, because he didn't. But he did find most of them rather annoying. It took a true woman to catch his hazel eyes.

"By the way Fenris, thank you for coming along and helping me on this venture. I wouldn't be able to keep the crew in line if you weren't here. I mean, Sure I'm good with my sword.. but without a little back up i'm sure anyone could take Scarlett for themselves." He whispered, thinking of all the riches that were attached to that beautiful woman. So many beautiful women on one ship and yet one had to be murdered.

Esmme

Old 12-28-2011, 05:41 PM

Fenris was still gazing at Codette when Marquet approached. "Stupid girl," he muttered in agreement with the captain. If the Blackbeard didn't want to eat, then she could starve. Granted, that would cause problems further down the line . . . but still. Since Marquet was the captain, Fenris would listen. Since Marquet was an old friend, he would comply.
"I came for the reward, not to keep you out of death's hands." Fenris' tone was cold, and his features expressionless . . . but somewhere in his gray eyes was a flicker of playful humor. The broad-shouldered male fell silent once again, finding another place (besides Codette) to let his eyes linger.

Yes, he was good for a hired sword. Fenris was also a good catch when it came to strength. That wasn't the only reason that Captain Marquet had given him a place on the ship, though. They'd known one another for many years, and one more adventure added to their list was a thought that Fenris couldn't resist. Somehow the best excitement always happened with Marquet around. That, and despite what Fenris had said, he didn't want his friend getting into trouble. Not without him, anyway.

Fenris eyed Marquet's clothing momentarily before glancing at his own. The captain dressed in an extravagant way . . . which was a complete contrast to Fenris' own look. The dark leather and worn armor was pretty much the only thing he wore: he wasn't one for much variety. Not only was the make of the armor distinctly odd, but the pale tattoos that were etched into his skin made him stand out.
A strange pair, they were. Marquet with his captain's garb, and Fenris with his battle-ready outfitting. Many people would be perturbed by their looks . . . though for different reasons, of course. Marquet held an aura of authority while Fenris looked ready to murder someone. Both were threatening in their own ways, though they were drastically different.
"Must you always insist on wearing such clothing?" the male asked with a slight sneer on his lips.

((For anyone who hasn't played Dragon Age 2, this is a clip of Fenris and his voice. >.> It's a bit of gameplay, but it's relatively short. :lol:))

-

Laiden looked up at Marquet and his blue eyes filled with familiarity. Smiling a bit, he then listened to the two as they began to talk quietly. The youth kept his spot by Fenris' ankles, and leaned against the male's legs lightly as he felt his stomach twist. If only the ship would just sit still. . . .

Last edited by Esmme; 12-29-2011 at 07:03 AM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 12-28-2011, 06:06 PM

Marquet smirked. "i insist on wearing this because people respect me. Plus I could kick their ass with or without nice clothes, but once i'm rich from this journey i'll be sure to have everything i've desired." He said, his eyes glancing out to the sea. He desired to retire as a journeyman and live his life in luxury in some mansion by the sea. He barked out orders to a few passing crew members. "If you want a good cot downstairs Fenris you might want to go and claim it now. We'll be setting off soon once everyones on."He said, glancing to the floor.

"Oh and since your friend doesn't seem the type to do heavy labor.. considering he looks very sick from the ship.. can he talk?" He asked, raising his left eyebrow. "Every night I'll need someone to take a small meal to Scarlett, for she refuses to take food or anything from me at all. And he looks innocent enough for her to trust.." He said, looking down at the boy. He then looked back up at Fenris, amusement playing on his eyes. "He's a cute accessory for you Fenris, really he is. He goes so well with your bad ass look." He said to his friend, grinning.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Codette scowled when she studied Marquet's map. Her eyebrow twitched a little at the thought that she had miscalculated something.
"My apologies Captain." she growled through clenched teeth, grabbing her notes and map and rolling them neatly.
She stepped back and watched as Fenris and Laiden also approached the Marquet. She hated to admit it but something about the surly Fenris intrigued her. Probably because he was so quick to dislike anyone that wasn't the boy attached to his side.

She walked back onto deck and sighed. She missed her old ship. Her old Captain couldn't plot a course from the docks to the taverns, so her intellect came in handy. She could plot a course and her shipmates would just take her word and the Captain would follow her directions. Codette had gotten much to comfortable with the way things worked, she needed to re-evaluated her personality and her abilities for being useful on board.

"Alright first things first!" Codette went back to the small table she had set up and looked again at her maps and notes, figuring out where she went wrong. Even if Marquet didn't need her to read the maps and plot a course, she refused to not know where she was going. And if Marquet insisted on her sailing blind, he might as well ask her to dive overboard now.

Esmme

Old 12-29-2011, 02:48 AM

((Haha, I love Marquet's response to Laiden. :lol:

Oh, and little miss Codette . . . I'ma give you someone to interact with, yes? ;)))

Respect. An interesting word, really. Fenris crossed his arms over his chest, leaning against the railing and listening to what the captain had to say about finding a good place to sleep. "I'll claim one, then." With a quiet sigh, he let his gray gaze move down to Laiden as Marquet started talking about the youth.
"Then I'll tell him to bring her food," he said dismissively, waving a hand at the thought of making Joseph bring food to their prisoner. "He won't argue." He never did. It was then that irritation leaked into Fenris' voice, making his expression all the more . . . threatening. "He doesn't talk." By then the "familiar" glare that he was giving Marquet had softened a bit. "And he isn't an accessory." At that point his features filled with uncertainty, as though he wasn't quite sure how to respond to the sarcasm.
"I don't look. . . ." He paused, shaking his head. "He . . ." Fenris turned his gaze elsewhere, watching Codette as she crossed the deck. "I need to find a cot." His grumbled comment was followed by his swift movement away from the railing. Instead of bidding the captain farewell, the pale-haired male moved toward the lower decks. Fool.

Yet, for all his "criticism" of Marquet, Fenris knew no one he trusted more. With a broody sigh, he moved past the threshold for the lower parts of the ship and into the crew bedding area. This was where everyone would sleep. Male or female, this was the only space for everyone save the captain.
Glancing at Laiden, who had faithfully followed Fenris, the dark-skinned male motioned toward the room. "Not eager to see this again, I'm sure." The boy didn't reply, but lowered his gaze. Fenris snorted lightly, and then chose a place to sleep. As always, he would have Laiden sleep in the cot directly above his. "Go find our things, boy."

With a vehement nod, Joseph scrambled back toward the main deck. He looked ready to heave his breakfast, the poor thing. After he'd gone, Fenris sighed and looked around him. There was a faint light coming from another area of the room. Stepping forward, he found himself looking upon Codette once again. Narrowing his eyes, he chose to ignore the woman. He always chose that option when confronted with another's company.
Waiting for Laiden to return with their belongings, Fenris sat on his cot and scanned the rest of the room. There were a few others, but most were already settled in. One lanky fellow chose to waltz on up to Codette as if he already knew her. Fenris scoffed quietly, shaking his head and doing his best to not think about what he was hearing.

"Ey there, miss." The skinny fellow was a few years older than Laiden, perhaps twenty years of age. He looked like he'd been on one too many ship rides . . . and had been living in poverty for most of his life. "You deh one the cap'n's got charting our course?"
-

Joseph scrambled back out to the main deck, barely able to keep himself from tripping over his own feet. He always took a long while to adjust to the tossing of the ship, no matter how light the journey was. Dark hair falling into his eyes, he barely managed to avoid running into another crew member. Ducking out of the way, he stumbled to the railing just in time. Nausea overwhelmed him, and he (sadly) ended up losing his last meal over the side of the ship.

Many minutes later, he was still sitting on the deck. Leaning back against the damp railing, Laiden closed his eyes and pulled his legs closer to his body. Despite the usual clothing that many sailors wore, the youth refused to wear anything other than a loose pair of black pants and a long-sleeved white shirt. That was it: no shoes, no socks . . . just pants and a shirt. It wasn't exactly the best clothing for sea travel.
Shuddering, Joseph glanced across the deck. He squeezed his eyes shut as as nausea began to well up within him once again. It was moments later when he opened his eyes. His blue eyes lit upon the luggage that Fenris had brought. Laiden had no bags, and no belongings, so all he needed to gather was Fenris' things.

Slowly standing, he shakily walked over to the canvas bag and hefted it over one shoulder. Taking the sheathed broadsword from beside the railing, Laiden headed back the way he'd come. Sadly, he didn't make it. He was soon by the railing once again, everything resting beside him as he fought to control his stomach.
With a quiet groan, he rested his head against his knees. This trip was going to be horrid.

Last edited by Esmme; 12-29-2011 at 04:57 AM..

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-29-2011, 02:58 AM

Codette nibbled furiously at her lower lip as she worked courses, and plotted times, measured distances and possible delays. Her curly hair was gaining black streaks from sticking quill pens into her pony tail when she needed her hands. The young woman was so focused on her work, she didn't even notice the man talking to her until he blocked her light.

Codettes caramel eyes flashed with a inner fire. "Not officially. The Captain is quite able to plot his own course, I just like to find alternative possibilities.
Now would you be so kind as to leave me be."

Esmme

Old 12-29-2011, 03:06 AM

"Not 'fficially?" The man laughed, taking a step closer. "Sounds like the cap'n doesn't know what's best for the ship." With a smile that was meant to be charming (to only is mother, perhaps), he leaned against the small table that Codette had set up for work. "If I were cap'n, I'da let you chart the course 'fficially."

From where he was sitting, Fenris nearly groaned. This guy was hard on the eyes and the ears.

"So what's yer name, girly?" He didn't seem to realize that he was bothering her. Heck, he was probably ignoring it. "It's rare that we git a pretty thing like you on board."

((*laugh* Pester, pester, pester. :rofl:))

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 12-29-2011, 03:29 AM

Being the kind of girl she was, Devin managed to stay out of sight for the most part. As soon as they set sail, she was throwing her small bag of personal belongings onto a cot with a large sigh. She was relived to have a bed to sleep in and a ship to sail on again, even if it was under a man rather than her own. One day, she thought to herself.

Devin wore a satin dress. It was sexy from afar, but up close, you could see stains and rips that months of sewing and washing in bathroom sinks couldn't repair. It was the dress she wore as she trolled the streets of Tortuga, waiting for drunken men to approach her with money and steer her somewhere private. Unfortunately for them, Devin made for a really crappy whore. Instead of sleeping with any of them, she would knock out the ones who didn't already pass out immediately, steal anything valuable, and be on her way. So the dress was perfect for luring in the drunken slimeballs of Tortuga, but now, it just seemed silly.

Looking down at herself, Devin felt relieved to be in a position where she would never have to wear this thing again to get her hands on the treasures she desired. She'd had to knee her way through one too many perverted crotches in her time, and now things were finally looking up.

Making her way to the main deck, Devin found a place away from the commotion to lean against the wood of the beautifully crafted ship and stare out over the ocean. Her blonde hair was messy, pulled back atop her head, her steel gray eyes lined with makeup that she was also glad to be free of once again. Her skin was tanned from months of being in the streets, and a lifetime of being near the ocean. She wore a pair of brown leather boots and a gun, that stayed strapped to her inner thigh, hidden beneath the dress. She certainly looked fair and innocent, but looks can be deceiving.

Her steel gray eyes watched out over the ocean as she wondered where they were headed first. She wondered about the Blackbeard below deck and she wondered how true of a pirate she would end up being by the time this was over, after all, she wanted treasures, but she had morals. She closed her eyes. Did she have morals? Maybe, but Devin decided at that moment she would do whatever it took to ensure they got to that treasure and that she get her hands on it.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 AM

The black haired beauty stood on top of her wooden bed on her tip toes to start out the porthole window of her cell. "Goodbye, Tortuga. Goodbye, Sweet dreams, Goodbye happiness, Goodbye beautiful city." She whispered, tears streaking from her dark green eyes. The woman had cut deeply in her wrists from forcing the chains to come with her so that she could stand and see the window.

This would be her last journey. The woman knew so well that she would be dead once they reached the end of the treasure map. But not if she couldn't kill herself first. She looked to the pile of old food in the corner that she refused to eat and grimaced at the flies covering it. Scarlett ran her hand through her dark curls that went just past her shoulders and let a sigh escape her full, red lips. She kneeled down and sat on her cot, glancing at her bleeding wrists from the slave chains. She looked up at the crew who was coming down the steps to go to the next room over to grab a cot.
Quote:
"Shiver My Timbers, shiver My Soul/Yo Ho He Ho/There are men whose hearts as black as coal

And they sailed there ship across the ocean blue/A Blood thirsty captain and a cut throat crew./Its a darker tale as was ever told/Of a lust for treasure and a love of gold...

Shiver My Timbers, Shiver my sides/Yo ho he ho/
There are hungers as strong as the winds and tides/Yo ho he ho/

And those bucaneers drowned there sins in rum,/The devil himself would have to call em scum!/Every man on board would have killed his mate for a bag of ginnys or a piece of eight.."
Her voice trailed off and she grinned softly. She loved pirates, for she was one herself.. so she didn't believe in the songs words of scum. But the captain definitely was a new form of scum. Her voice was very pretty and melodic. Sort of mesmerizing. It was another curse of the Blackbeards, all born handsome or pretty with beautiful voices and no life beyond the sea. And if you were a Blackbeard with a life off of a boat, it didn't last long. Plus no one in her family ever got married. The only reason she had been born was because her father ran away from the pirate life and met her mother. They lived happily until she was four, but her own grandfather sent his crew to kill her father and mother for him abandoning the crew. And as for her mother dying, it was just because she tried to stop them.

But luckily Scarlett had been sleeping and wasn't killed as well. The next morning she had woken up and cried her little green eyes out until a few spanish soldiers found her. Then she had been sent to Santo Domingo, unknowing of her curse.

((I'll bring Marquet back if someone talks to him or once everyones on board (: ))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-29-2011, 04:25 AM

Codette rolled her eyes and removed the pens from her hair. Untying the string that held it together, she caused her curls to fall with abandon around her face, the very colour appearing like gold from the sunlight drifting through the portholes. "this is what you're after isn't it. A pretty piece of tail to fool around with." she softened her voice to a musical lit. Closing her eyes she pounded a fist on the table. "my name is Codette and you'd be wise to leave me alone when I tell you too. I'm no tavern wench to be taken advantage of." Codette tied her hair back once more and stared the man down, one hand on the table the other on her hip. "I don't recall ever asking for your opinion of our Captain nor do I recall asking for your company."

(soo Codette apparently has issues with tactless men... Who knew ^.^')

Esmme

Old 12-29-2011, 04:56 AM

((KYA!! :glomp: Hehe, good to see you here!

@Codette: It's good that she has issues with tactless scum. :lol: It allows for others to step into the situation on her behalf. ;)))

"Aw, I'm not tryin' to bother ya," the man reached forward to tuck a stray curl back amongst the others. "Just tryin' to talk, is all." The lanky male inched closer, looking down at the map that Codette was messing with.

Fenris couldn't stand it anymore. With a growl, he pushed himself out of his cot and silently stepped up to the cretin that was bothering Codette. Just as the rat was about to loop an arm around the woman's shapely waist, Fenris' gauntleted hand snagged the back of his threadbare tunic.
"I recall hearing her say she didn't want company." His voice was a mixture of threat and sarcasm as he yanked the man away from his "prey."

The male stuttered a reply, but it was drowned out with Fenris' growl. "Leave!" There was a moment of silence before he released the dirty youth, sending him walking swiftly in the opposite direction. Fenris cast a glance to Codette before heading back to his cot. "Useless piece of flesh," he growled under his breath, trying to ignore the stink that clung to the youth he'd just sent running. That smell was fear. Fenris was no stranger to the scent.
Where was Joseph? With a sigh, the tall male sat down again, clenching and unclenching his armored hands as he tried to reign in his anger. That was always his downfall: his temper.

-

His blue eyes slowly opened. When Laiden found the slight movement of the ship tolerable once again, he braved getting to his feet. This time, he was able to keep himself standing. Just as he reached for Fenris' bag, a scent caught his attention. It was slightly sweet, like dried flowers of some sort. Glancing around, Joseph found himself looking at yet another woman [Devin]. It was rare to see so many females on board, but then again . . . this trip was bound to make the crew rich. Why wouldn't girls want a piece of the treasure as well?
With a slight frown, he lifted the bag and headed toward the crew's sleeping area. By the time he got there, he was almost run over by a rather thin man half running away from something. One look at Fenris' irritation, and Laiden knew that something had happened while he was away.

Swiftly setting the bag near Fenris' cot, he sat beside the luggage and leaned lightly against Fenris' leg. It almost seemed to comfort the man. Further comfort came from a faint voice somewhere else in the ship. A light tune was carried through the area, and Joseph looked up to see that Fenris was much calmer than before. Good. It wouldn't be a pleasant trip if Fenris started it off so poorly.
Glancing over to Codette, Laiden smiled a bit. Fenris must have stepped in on her behalf. The dark-haired boy drew his knees up so he could lean on them, waiting for his companion to stash his things beneath the cot.

((Don't worry, Scarlett! I'll have food delivered soon enough. ;) Oh, and when Fenris said that Laiden could talk . . . well, he means just that. L can talk, but that doesn't mean he does. LOL, in fact, he hasn't said a word. Heck, forget it. I'm editing that post. Let's just say that Laiden can't talk. :yes:))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-29-2011, 06:02 AM

Codette had moved her hand to the dagger she kept in her corset, when Fenris came up. She stood shocked that the man with so much dislike for -what seemed like- everyone on board, would come to her rescue. She watched in silence as Fenris scared the man off and went back to his cot. Codette took a few steps to follow him. " I don't recal asking for your help-" she started trying to sound brave. "but thank you. Thank you for stepping in." Unsure of how he would react to her, Codette quickly turned around and rolled up her maps to store them at her cot with the rest if her 'worldly' possessions.

Esmme

Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 AM

((:boogie: Every time I see that there's a reply for this thread, I just get so excited. *laugh* I think I found a new favorite. . . .))

Fenris stood and nudged Laiden out of the way with his foot. When the boy was sitting off to the side, a sigh escaped the tall male's lips. He pulled the broadsword up to rest beside the cot, and then the bag was pushed beneath it. Just as he was standing after completing the task, Codette approached.
"What?" he sneered upon hearing the first bit of what the woman was saying, "You don't appreciate-" He was cut off by Codette's continuation. Silence followed her gratitude, and the dark-skinned male narrowed his eyes and glared at her back as she knelt to stash some of her belongings away. The silence stretched on as the brooding male stood watching Codette for many moments.

Joseph silently watched as the two interacted, his pale features the picture of innocence. When Codette turned quickly away, he sent a weak smile up to Fenris (who prodded him with his foot in return). Laiden lowered his gaze again, watching as the woman across the room messed with maps and other supplies. He kept quiet when Fenris grumbled something and started toward the door. The male was gone within moments, and for once Laiden didn't follow him.

The youth thought for a moment before slowly standing. He was a few feet away from Codette within moments, his blue eyes following her hands as she gathered her things. Without speaking, he merely watched as she moved about to put things away.
Innocent as always, Laiden kept the "puppy" demeanor about him as he silently moved about to watch as Codette put everything away. Fenris had seen some reason to defend her. What reason was that?
Joseph had no clue that Fenris had merely been irritated with the shipmate that was trying to get lucky. Joseph chose to believe that Fenris had seen something in Codette worth protecting.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-29-2011, 03:13 PM

Codette knew she wouldn't have gotten a 'your welcome' or such pleasantries from Fenris, but she felt better after thanking him. Even if it was only a one time thing, him stepping in for her, would send a ripple through the rest of the crew, and Codette hadn't found anyone, other than Marquet and the boy...Laiden, that wasn't afraid of him.

She could feel his gaze watching her, and in a few moments it was joined by Josephs. Codette took deep breaths and tried to hide how much it bothered her, when people stared.
'It's not wise to snap at a Lion' her father had told her when she was a child. The line was supposed to help with obedience, but that didn't matter to Codette. Fenris was like a lion. And no one knew when or on who he would pounce.

Codette was every bit aware when Fenris stopped watching her, and left the room. Her shoulders sagged a little with relief, as she turned to find Laiden still in the room, watching her curiously. Codette couldn't help but give the boy a soft smile. He seemed much to innocent for a pirate life. "It's not often I see you away from
him. Can I help you with something?"

(I'm the same way ^.^ )

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 12-29-2011, 03:21 PM

((Kay, well until then I'll just wait (: I don't feel like posting for Marquet just yet since theirs still a few more people that haven't posted yet.))