blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM

I have only used paypal to donate. I can't believe those ridiculous rates, companies can be so greedy. I hope you guys can find a new service that hopefully doesn't have outrageous rates.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 10-03-2011, 01:39 PM

Good thing I never donated though phone, and hopefully no one else does till this madness stop

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 10-03-2011, 02:28 PM

Ah, it's good to know that a majority of the money I donate via paypal is going to Mene. Curse you phone company ruffians! :illgetu:

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 10-03-2011, 03:38 PM

Theres a way to get around paypal charging interest, if you select services, payment owed

though i doubt you could do that for an entire website..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-03-2011, 03:49 PM

No, you can't, they have specific rates for donations, it's completely different to the set up for purchases.

I doubt there'll be any way of finding a cheaper SMS service, as the phone companies will stick together and all charge the same rediculous rates to maximise their profits. You can bet your life that if one company drastically reduced their rates to try and steal the competitors' business that they'd find their headquarters would mysteriously catch fire or something...

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM

I want to donate! But my husband would kiillll me lol

(I think I might anyway, the next time he gets a really good paycheck)

Teeheehee :angel:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 PM

well i will continue to donate via paypal and i will try to make them bigger moneys instead of smaller moneys if that helps any.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-03-2011, 05:39 PM

It really does help, you don't need to give more (though that would be amazing, of course), just bulk buy your Mennies to cover several months, that's the beauty of having a universal currency :boogie:

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 10-03-2011, 05:42 PM

I feel bad now. :cry: I use to use Mobile donations long ago (last year more or less). My carrier charges 5 or $6 for some reason (Menewsha's donation was five, so the total was 5.xx or 6.xx). I knew what it was for and that was it. After that experience, I decided to use PayPal. :)

I hope you can find another mobile plan, if not I guess those that can't donate via PayPal will have to find another way. :S Good thing I can use PayPal now. :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Don't feel bad, Lizzy. I need to focus on the fact that the SMS service means we're getting some money in where as before we've have got nothing from the people who use it. So it really is better than nothing, but , yeah >_> The amount that's being taken away from us in fees fair makes my blood boil :-x

Nexess
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Nexess

Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 PM

*Flinch* My gods, i shall only ever use paypal or snail mail now.
That's pretty terrible, I mean we pay them a monthly fee to use their carrier anyways why do they need to charge Mene a billion dollars just for us to send you money!

Night Watcher
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-03-2011, 07:59 PM

Since I don't look into technical stuff like that, and working with numbers really isn't my strong point, I'm a little miffed to find that out to be honest :/ Certainly makes sense why I didn't get my code for the Mennies that I wanted to purchase the MC :/ all I can hope for now is that I can sell my other wares and make back the money I lost having to purchase the MC via gold. I know it's not the websites fault or anyone on here, Thank you for telling this information. I would have been none the wiser to be honest. Kind of just means that unless there is a cheap alternative that Inso manages to find, Unfortunately and regrettably I won't be able to purchase any more MC via £'s.

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-03-2011, 08:02 PM

Once I start making more money, I could afford to make mail-in donations. I don't trust online transactions in general, so I'd rather not go the Paypal route. Besides, you would get the entire amount from the mail-in donations anyway, right? No third-party middle man to pay off.

anadentone
*^_^*

Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 PM

paypal is best for donating :D on other sites (im addicted to farmville ok T_T ) i would buy a visa gift card (not vanilla but a straight up $25 card) ,activate it (i wait about an hour before buying) add that to paypal,then donate/buy with it for online sites like this 8D. Mind you $25 is suppose to go for 2 months worth of online spending o_e

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-03-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connielass View Post
Once I start making more money, I could afford to make mail-in donations. I don't trust online transactions in general, so I'd rather not go the Paypal route. Besides, you would get the entire amount from the mail-in donations anyway, right? No third-party middle man to pay off.
That's very true!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-04-2011, 12:49 AM

lol, when i saw the 'have something to read hummy' notice i said to myself, 'what did i do?'
but now that i see what it is about i am so Kambi welshing!
that really stinks about Kambi.
i hope Irso finds a much better place for mobile users.
i will save up for the twenty-five dollar or the fifty dollar donation so menewsha gets more of the pie.
ummmm, i love pie!

you go girl!
Jellysundae rant all you want because i feel your pain with the greed of those kind of services.
i will be equally ticked off with you love!
and thank you and the menewsha staff for keeping up in the loopie with these kinds of things.
i know we all appreciate how in touch menewsha is with its members.
i truely feel like a member and not a 'used-user' like so many other site make us feel.
it's a real tribute to menewsha for not punishing their members by like charging more for things to make up for their fleecing.
*i giggled at the fleecing*
thank you all of menewsha for still providing the mobile users with the total amount of meenies they pay for even when you guys get to keep like half.
how do businesses stay in business when they fleece like that.
*still giggling at the fleecing*

Last edited by hummy; 10-04-2011 at 12:59 AM..

Luenola Marxiel
Radiance of the Night Sky
Send a message via MSN to Luenola Marxiel

Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 AM

Ah, this. Good thing I don't trust SMS payments anyway. I don't know when I'll be able to donate again. I still have to settle some payments in real life before I can afford to give to Mene, but I hope you find another provider in the meantime. Best of luck finding one that doesn't charge exorbitantly!

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 AM

Unfortunately, I can only donate by phone, at least for the moment. -sigh- I don't trust mailing in money all the way from the Netherlands, and for now, paypal is not an option. Wish it was different, and I hope that will change later, but...
-shakes head-
Stupid Kambi, and stupid carrier fees.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 AM

Wow that sucks. I'm hoping to start donating again soon, once i get my bills n stuff sorted :)
I've always used paypal though ^^

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-04-2011, 02:19 PM

I've only ever used pay pal. xD I've never been a fan of phone donations - but I can understand that sometimes, it's the only way that people can donate. So it can be a huge blow for those needed donations, even if 50%+ of the donation isn't going towards Mene itself.

You guys should really look into having a promotion on Mennies for Christmas/Tax Refund Season so it could encourage users to start buying in bulk. :ninja:

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 PM

Can we get a dismiss button for the announcement on the front page? Thanks!

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 10-04-2011, 10:22 PM

:) I always donate through paypal

Citrus Hammer
Orange Sheepie

Penpal

Old 10-05-2011, 06:09 AM

Used Paypal (well, debit card) when I donated last month anyway >_>

That bites though :x Stupid greedy companies.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-05-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siri View Post
Can we get a dismiss button for the announcement on the front page? Thanks!
It only displays when you first log in, and it disappears on its own as soon as you go to a new page :)

PuppetGoddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-05-2011, 05:41 PM

I don't have paypal account =3=
I want to donate but it seems that I am too far away to actually send it by mail :(