hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysothemis View Post
No worries! I've been so busy with school and other projects, I understand.

As to everyone else, ahh... hi there. How are you guys?

Trade notifications not working anymore is kind of a bummer but I think everybody's more or less used to it. I try and remind people to check in their inventory once I've accepted a trade and completed it. Because glitches happen and sometimes they don't even know they received the item because it's buried deep in their inventory. I'm learning how to use a Macbook and I cannot get the hang of moving things or copying things. I'm a complete idiot now. How did you do on your test on your retest?

---------- Post added 02-21-2018 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
hi Chrys! i'm really good, i had a very nice day. tired tho, i've been doing a lot of schoolwork. how are you? i don't see you around very often. :0

ghostie, I want to nominate you. You should totally post your code for me and users pic and then I can quote you and I can type out the nomination form. Oh I'm such a failure at copy paste now. It's like not having Google. I don't know how I live without using copy paste. I'll be boring. I know I hear the crowd in the background cheering. Pretty soon I'll have to be in boring plain unbolted black text. My color buttons already don't work. I'm rambling about stupid things because just because. I wish the world would just leave everybody alone.

Kasumi Ocada
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘
Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi Ocada

Old 02-22-2018, 02:21 AM

I'm battling my depression today. It is a beast.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi Ocada View Post
I'm battling my depression today. It is a beast.

back, beast
sorry, kassie

Kasumi Ocada
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Old 02-22-2018, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

back, beast
sorry, kassie
Heheh XD

That's cute!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Heheh XD

That's cute!

I hope you win the battle today!
I am giving kittie meds and feeding them.
ewww, I don't like wet cat food smells

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-22-2018, 02:38 AM

aw, i'm sorry kasumi. :( i know that feeling well.

thank you, Livi!! ;v;

aaaa, aww hummy you're so sweet thank you. that must really suck, i hope you don't have to lose your lovely font. :c

Kasumi Ocada
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Old 02-22-2018, 02:39 AM

Quote:

I hope you win the battle today!
I am giving kittie meds and feeding them.
ewww, I don't like wet cat food smells
I usually win the battle. This time I'm just very very tired and frustrated.

I don't like wet cat food smell either. Unfortunately, Felicity has a tooth infection so we have to mash up her wet food with water into a soup like consistency so that's how she eats a few times a day. As soon as I can afford it I'm going to get her the surgery to remove her teeth then she should be ok on regular wet food. Poor girl. But she's so sweet.

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-22-2018, 02:48 AM

Quote:

Trade notifications not working anymore is kind of a bummer but I think everybody's more or less used to it. I try and remind people to check in their inventory once I've accepted a trade and completed it. Because glitches happen and sometimes they don't even know they received the item because it's buried deep in their inventory. I'm learning how to use a Macbook and I cannot get the hang of moving things or copying things. I'm a complete idiot now. How did you do on your test on your retest?
It went pretty well! I ended up getting nine points more than before, so it bumped me up to a C. Now I just need to get my understanding of the language down a bit better...

Quote:
hi Chrys! i'm really good, i had a very nice day. tired tho, i've been doing a lot of schoolwork. how are you? i don't see you around very often. :0
Yeah, I'm pretty shy... So I don't talk as much as I'd probably like to. Especially in fast morning forum threads, I always get really anxious about keeping up. But everyone has been so nice so far! I'm alright, had a few stressful situations go on IRL which has made getting my school work covered a bit annoying, but I've been able to deal with it fairly well. I just wish I had more energy to do my hobbies, like roleplay.

Kasumi Ocada
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Old 02-22-2018, 02:51 AM

What language are you learning, Chrysothemis?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 02:55 AM

Quote:
It went pretty well! I ended up getting nine points more than before, so it bumped me up to a C. Now I just need to get my understanding of the language down a bit better...

Yeah, I'm pretty shy... So I don't talk as much as I'd probably like to. Especially in fast morning forum threads, I always get really anxious about keeping up. But everyone has been so nice so far! I'm alright, had a few stressful situations go on IRL which has made getting my school work covered a bit annoying, but I've been able to deal with it fairly well. I just wish I had more energy to do my hobbies, like roleplay.

oh, i'm so proud of you!
your malt shoppe eats event rare
should be in your inventory now, sweetie.

pssst~hummy will try to help you feel less shy.
believe it or not hummy is shy, too, in real life

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-22-2018, 02:56 AM

Quote:
What language are you learning, Chrysothemis?
French! (And also Japanese, when I have time. Though I'm really only learning to memorize the hiragana, which is the most baby of baby steps.)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
I usually win the battle. This time I'm just very very tired and frustrated.

I don't like wet cat food smell either. Unfortunately, Felicity has a tooth infection so we have to mash up her wet food with water into a soup like consistency so that's how she eats a few times a day. As soon as I can afford it I'm going to get her the surgery to remove her teeth then she should be ok on regular wet food. Poor girl. But she's so sweet.

being overtired is never a good thing, is it?
aw, I have to make a slurry out of wyguy's food, too.
dental surgery for our pets is outrageously expensive.
poor girl, I feel for her, too. good luck with the surgery =*.*=

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-22-2018, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
Lillie: My mum helps out as much as she can, as does my sister and then the boys step up when possible. Plus my hubby.

Oh we have the money for the bills - so that's not necessarily a problem.
But it is shocking to get those big bills. But he's worth every dollar we have spent on him!
But out vet does allow payment plans to be set up, if need be - I remember seeing something about them when we first started going to see this vet, so that's good to know that it's an option if we need that.[/b]
That's good. ^_^

If everyone is doing a bit, mommy can get at least some rest.

I know it is, which is why I asked you if your vet allows repayment in installments.
It's good if he does. That's a good vet, right there. ^_^

Pets are always worth every penny spent on them - they make your life so much more enjoyable.

I miss my kitties very much but I am glad to know that they are safe.

Once we get our residency, we will look into getting a pet here. I can't commit to it until I know we won't be leaving. I just wouldn't be able to leave another pet behind.
It shattered my heart the first time.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 03:03 AM

Quote:
aw, i'm sorry kasumi. :( i know that feeling well.

thank you, Livi!! ;v;

aaaa, aww hummy you're so sweet thank you. that must really suck, i hope you don't have to lose your lovely font. :c

I have no clue how people use a MacBook!
I keep tapping and it just sits there waiting to be clicked.
no right clickie button *panics* and highlighting is so hard.
I have no clue how to copy an image at all. must youtube I suppose.

thank you so much for basically doing it all for me ghostie.
I did not reping you to your nomination I hope you win!

Kasumi Ocada
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Old 02-22-2018, 03:03 AM

Quote:
French! (And also Japanese, when I have time. Though I'm really only learning to memorize the hiragana, which is the most baby of baby steps.)
French is one I never had a chance to study. I wish I knew how to say a few basic phrases now though. I work in customer service. Whenever a Spanish-speaking person calls, I can say basic stuff before transferring them. I wish I could do that for French-speaking folks too, because we get a lot of them. They're mostly Canadians though.

I mostly study Spanish. One day I had a person who wasn't too happy with their English and I was able to help them out until the fluent agent was available, so I was pretty happy with that.

I also studied Japanese. I'd like to get back into that but I found it too hard to keep up with them both so I stopped for now until I feel more confident with my Spanish. I know Hiragana, katakana and some few kanji characters. The Kanji is rocking my world... so much to memorize! @.@

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-22-2018, 03:08 AM

i feel you Chrys, i can be a bit of a lurker too. -_- i'm sorry about life being stressful! i hope you do well with your schoolwork. it's cool that you're studying French and Japanese! i took a little French in high school. i'm studying Spanish now. Japanese seems way too hard for me! some of my classmates in my linguistics class take it tho.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 03:08 AM

Lillie~when will you know about your residency?
I can see why you wouldn't want to get another pet right now.
any strays around in your area that you could feed and love on?

Kasumi Ocada
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Old 02-22-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:

being overtired is never a good thing, is it?
aw, I have to make a slurry out of wyguy's food, too.
dental surgery for our pets is outrageously expensive.
poor girl, I feel for her, too. good luck with the surgery =*.*=
Thanks! She's like the best pet ever so it's so sad she's going through this. :(

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks! She's like the best pet ever so it's so sad she's going through this. :(

aw, she look so sweet.
i'm glad you are musshing her food.

---------- Post added 02-21-2018 at 09:15 PM ----------

does anyone want to play/run a game?

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-22-2018, 03:15 AM

Quote:

Lillie~when will you know about your residency?
I can see why you wouldn't want to get another pet right now.
any strays around in your area that you could feed and love on?
My hubby was approved for work to residency visa in January this year. If all goes well, we will be able to apply for residency from work in January 2020.

Basically, we have another 24 months on the works visas and then we will be able to apply to become residents.

So no pets for me for another 2 years. @.@

No strays, all cats around our area are well cared for.

---------- Post added 02-22-2018 at 04:18 PM ----------

*kicks herself*

Please help us pick a name for our 7th RAK hangout thread!

Prize pool for RAK the seventh name suggestions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
I have an idea for RAK seventh!

How about RAK SEVENTH HEAVEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
Another RAK name suggestion...
RAK Seven, A Thread Made In Heaven

* Tea House
* Starry Tale
* Love Doctor
* 5000 goldies

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 03:21 AM

*prods creative juices*

---------- Post added 02-21-2018 at 09:23 PM ----------

RAK the Seventh~a 'lil slice of mene heaven

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-22-2018, 03:27 AM

Quote:

*prods creative juices*

---------- Post added 02-21-2018 at 09:23 PM ----------

RAK the Seventh~a 'lil slice of mene heaven
Is that your entry Humers? xD

Kasumi Ocada
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Old 02-22-2018, 03:29 AM

That's the problem with seven/seventh... so little rhymes with it. :/

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-22-2018, 03:36 AM

Seven... heaven... Even? Even is a proper rhyme, I think, but not a true rhyme.

You know what I mean? When certain words look and kind of sound a like, but are not exact rhymes. :c

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-22-2018, 03:38 AM

Quote:
French is one I never had a chance to study. I wish I knew how to say a few basic phrases now though. I work in customer service. Whenever a Spanish-speaking person calls, I can say basic stuff before transferring them. I wish I could do that for French-speaking folks too, because we get a lot of them. They're mostly Canadians though.

I mostly study Spanish. One day I had a person who wasn't too happy with their English and I was able to help them out until the fluent agent was available, so I was pretty happy with that.

I also studied Japanese. I'd like to get back into that but I found it too hard to keep up with them both so I stopped for now until I feel more confident with my Spanish. I know Hiragana, katakana and some few kanji characters. The Kanji is rocking my world... so much to memorize! @.@
In hindsight, I think the only reason I picked French was that I didn't get to learn Japanese when I first went to college, so I've just stuck with it. It's kicking my butt though since I had to take a five or so year break from school. @_@

I probably should have taken Spanish, in hindsight. I live in Florida, and recently moved to a place with an even bigger Hispanic preference and my French teacher LITERALLY uses Spanish to help other students understand French! I'm so jealous that I don't have an extra frame of reference like that.

Quote:
i feel you Chrys, i can be a bit of a lurker too. -_- i'm sorry about life being stressful! i hope you do well with your schoolwork. it's cool that you're studying French and Japanese! i took a little French in high school. i'm studying Spanish now. Japanese seems way too hard for me! some of my classmates in my linguistics class take it tho.
I feel like I've gotten most of my homework covered for a while... barring one essay, though. But I'm only taking two classes, so my workload isn't that large at all, I'm just suffering from some bad energy deficiency as of late! I barely even have the energy to be lazy and slack off...