flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to flamethrower1391

Old 06-16-2011, 06:14 AM

Have you ever wanted to go to a school that was purely for the arts? Welcome to Westfield Academy, the boarding school with every from poetry to the liberal arts. Everyone is welcome. You can learn something new or better your skills without having to worry about those pesky classes like math and science. Of course, if you choose to take them, they are available.

At the end of the year (which is right around the corner), the school shows off what every has been working on. An art show throughout the halls, poetry reading in the library, plays in the auditorium, musical performances in the gym, fashion shows in the cafeteria, and student-made movies shown in the computer lab. This is when all of the students come together to help one another with their projects and show everyone that the arts are important. Family, friends, the public are all invited to the event.

Rules:
1. Follow all Mene rules.
2. No godmoding or powerplaying.
3. Everyone gets three warnings before they are kicked out.
4. Profiles are to be PMed to me.
5. There are no reserves. First come, first serve.
6. I'd like the male/female and teacher/student ratios to stay relatively even.
7. I can add, delete, edit the rules at anytime.
8. Profiles are to be titled as your favorite genre of music and post above your skeleton what category (musician, actor, writer, dancers, or artist) your person would fit in best to show that you have read the rules and whatnot.
9. Keep the OOC chat to a minimum.
10. This is a semi-lit+ roleplay. That means chunky paragraphs with complete sentences and the least amount of grammatical and spelling errors. We are only humans, so some mistakes are acceptable.
11. Everything is PG13. There can be some fighting resulting in a bloody nose or something of the sort. Romance is only allowed to light making out, but no farther.
12. If anyone has any sub-plots, PM me.
13. Have fun!!!

School Rules:
1. Curfew is at 10pm and ends at 6am. Lights out is at 11pm.
2. Tardiness is not tolerated. First week of school is acceptable, because every is finding their classrooms. 3 tardies will result in detention.
3. Drugs, weapons, alcohol, tobacco will be taken, and (depending on which) the punishment can result from detention to expolsion(sp?).
4. Acts of affection is not tolerated.
5. Boys are not permitted to enter the girls' hall, nor girls' are permitted to enter the boys'. Neither are permitted within the teachers' hall.
6. Clothing must be appropriate. Shorts and skirts must be mid-thigh length, shirts must cover tummies, and nothing can have anything of double meaning, drugs, alcohol, etc. All cracks, butt or cleavage, must be covered.
(If anyone can think of any good school rules, message me.)

Classes and Teachers/Administration:
Principal (doesn't have to played all the time):
School Nurse (doesn't have to played all the time):

Instrumental Music-Guitar I-IV: Setsutarou Nakamura
Instrumental Music-Piano I-IV: Belle Sarano
Concert Band:
Chorus/Choir: Belle Sarano
Lighting I-IV:
Directing I-IV:
Creative Writing I-IV:
Basic Art:
Poetry I-IV:
Acting I-IV:
Scripting I-IV:
Statistics:
Shakespeare:
Musical Theater:
Honours Calculus:
Note: All the classes with I-IV behind it doesn't have to be taught by one teacher. There can be a teacher for each level of that class. Also, be creative with the classes, because they will be taken from you skeletons and added to the classes list (unless they are already up there of course).

Dorms: More dorms will be added when needed.
Each room has a half bathroom. Showers are at the end of each all. Teachers, however, have a full bathroom.

Boys (located in the west hall):
100a: Khristian A. Seaward
100b:
101a:
101b:
102a:
102b:

Girls (located in the east wing):
200a: Akira Hasegawa
200b: Chell Alee Vandoran
201a:
Charlotte H. Gondal
201b:
202a:
202b:

Teachers (located on the top floor of the building):
300: Prinicipal's
301: Setsutarou Nakamura
302: Belle Sarano
303:

Characters

Musicians: There are a few bands at the school along with numerous soloist. Some purely unique, other not so.
Note: Someone in the band has to be the songwriter, the leader(another or the same), composer (which can be all of them for their own instrument), and back-up singer(s). Soloists can have help from the writers when it comes to lyrics and such.
Nightmare Creations: Visual kei metal band containing only one female member, and each member having their own style (clothing, hair, artistocrat clothing, etc).

Singer-
Guitarist-

Name: Akira Kameko Hasegawa

Birthday: November 13

Orientation: Straight

Nationality: Japanese, Native American

Height: 5' 4"

Weight: 117 lbs.

Skills: I can play the guitar, flute, mallet percussion, bass, violin, clarinet, cello, percussion, and piano/keyboard. I'm also not too bad with singing and sketching

Goals: Getting through school is my number one priority.

Current Dream in Life: I wish to become a famous guitarist

View on Friends: True friends are awesome.

Fears: Heights, confined spaces, crowds, and complete darkness are my major fears.

Weaknesses: Food.

Martial Status: Single

Likes: Strawberries, scary stories, horror flicks, chinese and mexican food (or food in general), and some other things that would make my list very long.

Dislikes: Green vegetables is number one on my dislike list. Skirts, anything pink or purple, and country, rap, hip-hop, and pop music are a few other dislikes.

Hobbies: Playing guitar, pulling some pranks, powning at video games and RPGs.

Classes Taking: Concert Band, Basic Art, Instrumental Music-Guitar III, Poetry I, Creative Writing III, Honours Calculus

Personality: Some say I'm dark and demented. Whether I am or not, I find myself quite normal. I don't take crap from anyone, and I will stand up for what I believe in. I'll also help anyone who needs it. But I must warn you, I do have a temper so don't get on my bad side.

Biography: My father had taught me how to play guitar from a young age (mainly because my mother wanted me to play piano and flute). With all of my classical training, he wanted me to learn something that was more of my thing. Even from a young age, I was into metal. Some would say I was a music prodigy with the amount of instruments I could play at the age of 5.

My parents signed me up at Westfield, so I could better myself at the various instruments I know how to play. The only problem my mother had with the school was that I got to choose all the classes and didn't really want anything to do with that classical stuff. I had to join Concert Band though, but I don't have a problem with that.

While at school, I've made numerous friends, and a few of us, who liked the same music and whatnot, formed a band called, Nightmare Creations. We've performed at a few teen clubs, but we've never performed at the end of year showcase until this year. I'm quite nervous about it, because our parents will see it (and they're the most judgemental). I know we'll do great.

Others: I'm the gothic vampire of the band. When performing, I usually have white contacts and fake fangs over my canines.

Guitarist-
Bassist-
Drummer-

Pop Band (first person in the band picks the name): The band just kind of came to be. Numerous people came together for a showcase have been playing together since.

Singer (M)-
Singer (F)-
Guitarist-
Bassist-
Drummer-
Keyboardist-

Mixed Band (first person in the band picks the name): A group of people came together when they were bored, and the band was born. Playing anything from pop to rock, country to R&B, jazz to hip hop.

Singer-
Guitarist-
Bassist-
Drummer-
(Any instrument can be used for this band)

Soloists:

Artists: There are many artists at the school. From sculpters to painters. Also includes fashion and make-up (which most times works with the actors).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meko Snow

Name: Chell Alee Vandoran
Nickname: Phoenix
Birthday: July 14
Nationality: European
Height: 5'8
Weight: 114
Skills: Art(Drawing and Painting),Music
Goals: Wants to just be able to express herself as she see's fit.
Current Dream in Life: Want to play in one of her favorite Japanese bands.
View on Friends: Has only a few that are close and holds those few dear.
Fears: Lighting, Thunder, Spiders , and losing her sight.
Weaknesses: Music and art are her weakness she would die without either.
Likes: Makeup,Fashion,Action Movies, Swords, Music,Dancing,Dogs, and Rainy days.
Dislikes: The color pink, arrogant people, Cheerleaders, and 40's music
Hobbies: horse back riding, painting, catering, and dancing.
Classes Taking: Concert Band, Basic Art, Calculus, Statistics, Science and Dance(independent study's)
Personality: Is rather quite until she gets to know people. She is more of a loner and hides herself in her art and music using it to express herself.
Biography: Coming from a rich family in Europe. She was expected to be a Doctor or lawyer as the rest of her family or in the government. Instead she disappointed her family and chose to come to the one school that they frowned up on more than anything. She was raised to be a lady and for greatness. Instead she has turned out to be wild and hard for them to tame. She could easily get into Harvard or any other school in fact she had but it was not her dream she wanted to be herself not some stuck up rich kid with a snooty attitude. When she packed her things and left her home she knew she wouldn't be welcomed back at her home. All she has now is herself and her art along with her music. She is a jack of many trades and master of none.
Others: Phoenix got her name not because of all the different colors she likes to paint and draw in or use in hair. She has a Phoenix tattoo on her lower back. She also has star tattoo ruining down her side. As fare as anyone knows she spends her nights alone in her room but really she is at work in the local coffee shop. She is their graphic designer and also teaches some classes on dance night there for the owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Bird Special
Name: Charlotte H. Gondal

Birthday: November 22
Orientation: Unsure
Nationality: Born and raised in the UK
Height: Five-foot two
Weight: 100 lbs.
Skills: Drawing, painting, singing harmonies, and playing bass guitar.
Goals: I want to seriously study art, but also join a band and explore the other arts on the side.
Current Dream in Life: To become a famous children's book author/illustrator
View on Friends: They're important and fun to have, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trust them.
Fears: Falling short of my own expectations and people not liking me.
Weaknesses: Trust issues, love of chocolate, self-conscious about my freckles.
Likes: Cupcakes, shoegaze, vintage, Doc Martens, tattoos, parties.
Dislikes: Ignorance, social conformity, hatred.
Hobbies: Playing bass, drawing, painting
Classes Taking: Painting III, Illustration III, Photography I, Basic Culinary, Basic Math, Jazz Band
Personality: People say I'm spacey and idealistic. If I am, I haven't noticed... I don't go looking for a fight, and I do my best to mediate when my friends get mad at each other. But I do have a habit of putting my foot in my mouth. I'm pretty patient, but I don't think I'm too dependable. I also have trouble trusting people and lack self-confidence.
Biography:
I was born in Thornton, Yorkshire. I have a younger brother named Branwell and two younger sisters named Emily and Anne. I grew up an imaginative child, always making up games and stories. I was home-schooled for a long time, and my parents thought it would be a good thing for me to go away for school to make me more socially aware.

When I was fifteen, I was sent to a boarding school. Some of the worst years of my life were spent there. I was tormented by the other girls there, and a lot of the guys were really cruel to me as well.

Following an incident that I really don't want to talk about, my parents immediately removed me from school and sent me to stay with my aunt in the 'States for the summer. I had such a good time here, I decided to stay. I'm very excited for a fresh start in school!

Others: I have a tattoo of a feather on my left shoulder-blade. It's one of my own drawings, which is kind of cool. But, don't tell my parents! I got it over the summer...
Dancers: Self-explanatory.

Actors: Drama, horror, inspirational, whatever floats your boat. Even includes the director and crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldafreek
Name:Khristian A. Seaward

Nickname:Khris or KAS

Birthday:July 1

Orientation:Gay

Nationality:Caucasian

Height:5’8”

Weight:180

Skills:I am very good at Acting, Directing, and Lighting. I am also proud of my Baritone Voice.

Goals:Graduate and go to college for theater

Current Dream in Life:Direct or star in the revival or Rent

View on Friends:I like to keep my friends close, my enemies closer and leave all bridges open as long as I can.

Fears:I fear that I will never find love.

Weaknesses:Easy Trusting, hard to change my mind

Martial Status:Single

Likes:I enjoy many things such as meeting with up with friends. I also like playing videos games when I am not singing or working myself to the bone, figuratively, in the auditorium.

Dislikes:I hate people who cannot back up what they preach. People who judge before they get to know something and I also dislike homophobic people.

Hobbies: My hobbies consist of but are not limited to: Video Games, Listening to all kinds of music, Singing, Acting, Directing, going to the movies with friends.

Classes Taking: Acting 3, Directing 2, Scripting 2 Lighting 1, Statistics, Shakespeare, Musical Theater.

Personality:I am a very friendly person and am willing to make friends with everybody. If you cross me and get in my way you may or may not see my angry side. When I start to have a crush I tend to try to avoid them and observe before I get the courage to speak with them.

Biography:I grew up in the rural area of Maine called Franklin County. Many not many people in that area feel theater isn’t very important so there is not a lot of hype for it there. The choirs in the schools in Maine helped me perfect my singing voice and I hope to use it for many things. One day while searching the web I found Westfield. After convincing my parents that I would be happier here they agreed to let me go.
After my years here and my many plays and performances I have grown. I have gained and lost friends I am planning on finding new ones and keeping them. I have tried romance once while I was in Maine and it ended very badly so I am extra aware of dating now but I am also willing to give that yet another try.

Others: I have a tattoo of the Triforce from The Legend of Zelda” video games. I also refuse to take pills for anything because when I was about 14 I almost used drugs as a form of suicide.
Writers: Writers are rarer compared to the other groups. You got the novelists and the poets. Sometimes the group crosses over with the artists, actors, and musicians with the creation of graphic novels, writing scripts, and lyrics to a song.

Teachers:

Name: Setsutarou Nakamura

Nickname: Setsu

Birthday: July 7

Nationality: Japanese

Height: 5' 6"

Weight: 147 lbs.

Skills: Playing guitar, and singing a little.

Goals: Getting the students prepared for the end of the year showcase, composing some music for the band.

Current Dream in Life: Getting back in the music business.

View on Friends: They make the best band mates.

Fears: Spiders. I'm definitely not a big fan of them, but I'm okay with them if they don't touch me. Also, big snakes creep me out.

Weaknesses: Music is a major weakness. I can't go a day without it.

Likes: Teaching, playing guitar of course, performing, ramen of all sorts, and the colour blue.

Dislikes: Bullies, perfectionists, those who don't believe in themselves, cello, whip cream, should I go on?

Hobbies: Playing guitar and composing music.

Classes Taught: Instrumental Music-Guitar I-IV

Personality: I'm a more reserved teacher. You kind of have to be so you don't lose your job, but I've also heard that I'm a fun teacher. It is an art school after all. We're all about expressing ourselves through the arts. Outside of school, I'm slightly rockstar crazy.

Biography: Where to start, where to start. Many, many years ago (when I was about 7), I learned to play guitar. Down the street, my friend was learning how to play the drums. Over the years, we had formed several bands with some of the kids from school. Our last band made it to the big times, but it didn't last very long. My friend and I were recommended to another band that was just starting up.

I was one of two guitarists in the band Montague. We were going strong until we were having brainfarts when it came to writing and composing songs. It was decided that the band should take a break from the music sense and relax for a bit. I had decided to join the school as a teacher until the band got back together. It's a rewarding job, teaching young minds how to play guitar and whatnot.

Others: This is me when I was a rockstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDifferent
Name: Belle Sarano
Birthday: 5th December
Nationality: Australian
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
Skills: Singing, Acting, Piano, Clarinet, Sketching
Goals: To see all of her students succeed. She's very into her teaching
Current Dream in Life: To run her own school of music
View on Friends: Friends are essential to a good life. They are what keeps a person going when it seems like the world has turned it's back.
Fears: Having no one left to turn to and spiders
Weaknesses: Belle trusts without question upon making a new friend, however, if you betray her once, she'll never trust you again.
Likes: Most kinds of music, horses, reading, writing, teaching and horseback riding
Dislikes: People who betray her, people who judge others that they don't even know and not having any time to go and ride
Hobbies: Belle likes to go horseback riding after school and she absolutely loves to be outside. Occasionally, she'll go to a concert, but she doesn't have much time to do that
Classes Taught: Choir and Instrumental Music - Piano
Personality: Belle is a very unique individual. One day she could be completely hyper active and another she could be logical and dull. Most of the time, however, she is very bubbly and isn't afraid to say what she believes. She encourages her students to tell her if they think something they are doing could be done better in some way and to share their opinions. She also likes her students to call her by her first name since it just makes things easier for the students. She's very friendly and will often offer to help someone if they need it.
Biography: Coming from a wealthy family, Belle always had what she wanted. She was put into a private school, she got any toy she wanted, she got top of the market electronics and she even got a top performance horse and the best tack on the market. She was very spoiled, but she didn't grow up to be a diva. Instead, she always wanted to help others that weren't as fortunate as she was. This was what drove her to succeed and complete school so that she could move on to university.
During the first year of study at university, her parents died in a car crash and, being an only child, she inherited everything that her parents had. Not long after that, her best friend was diagnosed with Leukemia and died a few weeks after they both graduated. Belle always admired that her friend had the strength to keep going even when all of her treatments stopped working. It was something that inspired her every day of her life and made her think that everything she had, she could never take for granted. Instead she was kind to everyone and gave everyone a chance. The chances that her friend hardly ever got simply because she was different.
Others: She owns a black spotted blanket Appaloosa mare named Alice
Skeletons
HTML Code:
[img]real image[/img]
Name: [color=colour of choice](full name)[/color]
Nickname: [color=colour of choice](optional)[/color]
Age: [color=colour of choice](students:14-20, teachers: 24+) [/color]
Birthday: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Orientation: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Nationality: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Height: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Weight: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Skills: [color=colour of choice](acting, singing, etc.)[/color]
Goals: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Current Dream in Life: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
View on Friends: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Fears: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Weaknesses: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Martial Status: [color=colour of choice](single, in a relationship, etc)[/color]
Dislikes: [color=colour of choice](at least 3)[/color]
Hobbies: [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Classes Taught/Taking (erase which is not needed): [color=colour of choice] [/color]
Personality: [color=colour of choice](3 sentences minimum)[/color]
Biography: [color=colour of choice](2 paragraphs minimum)[/color]
Others: [color=colour of choice](tattoos, secret, anything not mentioned anywhere else)[/color]

~~Accepting~~

Last edited by flamethrower1391; 07-21-2011 at 10:21 PM..

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 PM

~~Reserve~~

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-29-2011, 08:30 PM

~~Reserve~~

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /