ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-28-2014, 08:50 AM

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 02-16-2014 at 10:53 AM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-28-2014, 09:24 AM

ღ About Ari the Fairy Godfather ღ

Name: Aristide "Ari" Duplantis
Occupation: Fairy Godfather (Image Consultant/Makeover Person/Beauty Enhancer...same thing, all worth it!)
Marital Status: Happily Dating Cinderella (see navigation)
My Face:
Click on thumbnail for full view
(click to see full size image)
Favorite Color: Red or Pink, it's a tie.
Favorite Food: My momma's home cooking! Otherwise it's anything tasty.
Favorite Clothing Brand:
Strangely enough, I don't cling to a particular brand except when it comes to leggings. Torrid brand leggings will last forEVER. I think the six pairs I have will last til Jesus comes back y'all...
Favorite Makeup Store: Sephora. Hands down.
Favorite Makeup Brand:
Oooo, I like different brands for different reasons. I can't pick just one. :)
Favorite Designer:
Edna Mode. Shug, I know she's a cartoon but I don't care. She's my spirit animal.
Hobbies:
Singing in the shower, being a fashionisto, reading, shopping, blogging,
watching movies, drawing, painting, sewing, eating, shopping, swimming, pilates, being a smart aleck.

If you want to know more, feel free to ask me!

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 02-16-2014 at 10:52 AM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-28-2014, 09:33 AM

ღ About the Blog ღ

Welcome to my blog darlings! I became a fairy godfather because I see a ton of beauty in the world yet many of the people around me don't realize how much a part of that they are. That includes YOU. This isn't a blog about how to be or become gorgeous. News flash shug, you already are! This blog--like me--is dedicated to showing you how to enhance what's been there all along.
I don't care if you look like this:
There are still beautiful things about you! This blog isn't just about enhancing how you look outside. It's also about enhancing how you feel inside. When I was a little boy I used to love the movie Cinderella because it convinced me that within every girl was a princess just waiting to be let out. All I want to do is help you see it for yourself.

Bippity Boppity Who? Let's Get the Magic Started Boo! *snap*

Love,
Ari ღ

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 01-29-2014 at 06:41 PM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-28-2014, 09:34 AM

ღ Top Ten Beauty Products of the Month ღ

ღ bareMinerals Matte Powder Foundation in Fairly Light:

This is the best foundation I have ever come across so forgive me while I fanboy.

bareMinerals is a soft lightweight powder so it doesn't feel like you're wearing a bag of sand on your face. The company does a wonderful job of making tones that match almost anyone's skin. Mine just happens to be "Fairly Light". It stays put beautifully, this has serious staying power even when you touch it. I'm rubbing my cheek with my finger right now and it's not smudging off at all. Now this doesn't mean go crazy touching your face. It does mean if you accidentally brush up against your hand when messing with your hair or if your special someone caresses your cheek, your foundation maintains its place on your face. Also it keeps a natural look and feel.

ღ e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner in Midnight:

Now this is perfect eyeliner for beginners as well as a good brand to have in your makeup kit in general. It's incredibly affordable for £1.50 in the UK and $1.50 in the US. It's easy to apply, the brush is pretty forgiving so it's a breeze to work with. It makes great dark lines and makes pretty damn good cat eye strokes. Just because it's cheap doesn't always mean it's crap!

ღ Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer:

This stuff is a permanent part of my skin care regimine. I'm not even playing around. The cream feels refreshing, smells nice, and it can be used as an eyeshadow primer surprisingly enough! It delivers with what it says on the bottle. I have terribly dry skin, especially when it gets cold here in New York. I haven't had one bit of dry skin since I started using this on my face. I love it, love it, love it!

ღ Obsession Night for Men:

Ok I know y'all are probably like, what the hell Ari? What is this man funk nonsense on a beauty blog you made for girls? Let me tell you. This cologne is dangerous. Get this for the man in your life on Valentine's Day and you will thank me. Also, this is one of MY favorite scents to wear because the ladies love it on me.

ღ Kors by Michael Kors:

There. This is a perfume that gets my attention on a girl. It's got a sensual scent to me, has maturity but not maternity if you get my meaning. It says I'm a grown ass young woman and I am empowered and sexy. You know you wants it. Keep this scent close by ladies. From a guy's perspective, it's attention getting and memorable.

ღ NYC Color "In a New York Minute" Nail Polish in East Village:

Even though my mother raised me to be a Southern gentleman, I was born and raised here in New York. When I saw this quick dry nail color line it made me chuckle. I had to grab East Village because for one thing it was an excellent color and for another, East Village is only 10-15 minutes away from my place by car when traffic's good. So why not? It takes two or three coats to use as a color on its own, it's totally worth it but also consider using it over black nail polish to give it a cute turquoise shimmer when light hits your nails. ;)

ღ Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque:

Soothing minty brilliance in a bottle. Good frickin' refreshing idea in a bottle. Oh my goodness where has this been all my life in a bottle. I cannot say enough good things about it! It's like treating your face to a peppermint smoothie on a hot day. Pimples flee in terror when you take it off the shelf, ok? Whiteheads, blackheads, no heads...Mint Julep Masque don't care. It just kicks pimple hindparts everywhere. It's not only cheap but easy to use and effective. Classy spa cucumbers for your eyes not included.

ღ Wen Cleansing Conditioner in Sweet Almond Mint:

I'll still review different shampoos and conditioners I've used but if you want some serious hair care, invest in Wen. Wen is WIN. It keeps my hair soft, behaving itself, and moisturized. You wash your hair with it or use it as a leave in conditioner or both! Plus it smells like mints and marzipan. Delicious! :D This is for any hair type so anyone can use it! Get your life and get some Wen.

ღ Strawberry Boba Drinks:

What the hell Ari? Food is not a beauty product unless it's in a facial. WRONG. It makes a lot of people feel good on the inside and smile. Feeling good on the inside and smiling are two of the biggest beauty "secrets" there are. You are allowed to have tasty food and enjoy it. This is one of those things I'm recommending. Just to prove my point, I'm going to recommend another tasty beauty product after this. You try it and if you say you didn't smile either you didn't try it or your lying...or you didn't like it but whatever. Strawberry boba makes the Fairy Godather very very happy. I don't get it all the time but when I do make sure to bring a shovel to scoop me up of the floor.

ღ Cranberry Orange Oat Bread:

A major part of beauty is making sure you get enough sleep and having a good breakfast to keep you energized through your day. One thing that says "ARI WAKE THE HELL UP AND STOP LOOKING CRUSTY!" is Cranberry Orange Oat Bread. Bake it the night before or go buy some the night before, then all you have to do the next morning is cut a slice and warm it up! The cranberries are full of antioxidants to give your immune system a morning boost. The oranges have tons of Vitamin C to not only give you energy but work hand in hand with antioxidants, keeping you healthy and ready to face the universe. Then there's the oats. Fiber, girl. Fiber lowers cholesterol and keeps you absorbing calcium and other healthy minerals properly. So in two sweet little slices of bread you are helping your body in ways you didn't even know. You're welcome.

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 02-01-2014 at 03:45 AM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-28-2014, 09:35 AM

ღ Top Five Beauty Bloggers/Vloggers of the Month ღ
Since February is right around the corner, I figure I can post my top five beauty bloggers/vloggers of the month.
...What you mean no I can't? Girl, sit down and hush the noise because they're going up today.

February Bloggers/Vloggers:

bubzbeauty-

Lindi aka Bubz is just a sweet little bit, I adore this girl and her vlog channels. Her husband is an incredibly fortunate man to have such a good humored, creative, relatable, funny, and absolutely adorable woman by his side. Some o her home beauty remedies may sound a bit outlandish (egg white facials anyone?) or more like something you want in your mouth than on your face (strawberry yogurt facials ) but they work pretty well! Bubz also has some yummy recipes and dishes she talks about from time to time for eating healthy! Thumbs way up for Bubz!

ღ Um... I'm actually going to have to get back with you on this. I'm looking for vloggers on Youtube to suggest here but I'm finding a lot of foolishness instead. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ #no patience #i need aloe because the stupid burns...

Ok darlings, let me ask you for some suggestions, hm? Submit links and videos of your favorite makeup gurus and beauty advice vlogs/blogs! I'll check them out, if I like them you'll see their name up here along with a shout out to YOU! The deadline for submissions is February 18th! Honorable mentions and winners will get a little something from ClockworkLupine. I can't wait to see what you send!

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 01-30-2014 at 12:44 PM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-28-2014, 09:36 AM

ღ Top Five Favorite Trends of the Season ღ

ღ The Spring 2014 Color Palette:
I have not one problem with this. It's capable of bringing bold brightness and vibrance to one's wardrobe without overpowering it. It also has cool soothing colors which make me think of a day trip to the Hudson River area. Love it, love it, love it!

ღ Checker Prints:
Click on thumbnail for full view (click to see full size image)
I like uncommon patterns and that includes checker prints. You see how awesome those suits look? How classy that dress is? Its good with any skin color or hair color. On the right piece of clothing it can flatter anyone. Good job designers!

ღ The Biker Jacket Redux:
Biker jackets are flaw free and an eternal weapon in my fashionisto arsenal. They never seem to go out of style but always get a makeover. This season's presentations by Jean-Paul Gaultier, Louis Vuitton, and Saint Laurent show just how versatile this item can be. Lovelies, you can try it with pants, shorts, skirts, or dresses! It's definitely a fashion classic.

ღ Polka Dots:
I don't care what anyone says. Polka dots are sophisticated and elegant when done the right way! They were one of the most notable prints of the 50's and are back again in full (but small) circular force. I wonder if I can find some Chucks with them...Yup. Right here!

ღ Biker Bags:
I'm not one to carry a purse. Not my thing. But I am interested in how amazing they look with different outfits. (I go to school for fashion design. I'm a Pratt Brat!) These along with all the fringe and biker jackets going on will be HUGE.

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 01-30-2014 at 01:26 AM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-28-2014, 09:57 AM

ღ Ask Ari! Advice on Dating and Other Life Stuff ღ

How to Ask Ari Your Questions: Step by Step**
Step 1: Think of a question you really want to ask me.
Step 2:
Send it to ClockworkLupine via PM with "Ask Ari!" in the subject line. If you want to remain anonymous, let me know and request to be called a silly made up name I can address you by.
Step 3:
Check back and see if your question gets answered!

I'll answer as many as possible but I might not get to them all. :( But don't fret hun, I still think you are beautiful and thank you for taking the time to ask anyway. Maybe I can bug Ella to help me with these...

**((OOC NOTE!!! This is purely meant for giggles and fun. His answers are written in character so please don't get offended or take it too seriously. If he happens to give good advice, I'm happy for him. Otherwise, just have fun with this. XD))**

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 01-31-2014, 11:15 PM

ღ Blogilates.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Now before you say "Oh Ari, pilates is for skinny people!" No the f*ck it's not. It's for anyone who wants to do it. Same for yoga or dance. Anyone who wants to try it should go for it and do their best, no matter who or what says different. This beautiful girl below is doing pilates wonderfully. It has nothing to do with the outside. It has everything to do with what's inside.

Where do I begin?
Let's start with two major truths:
  • I love swimming and pilates but haven't been consistent for about six months.
  • I'm addicted to YouTube like you wouldn't believe.
So when I heard about Blogilates with Cassey Ho while watching bubzbeauty, I had to try it out and let you all know what I thought. I got my workout mat and my workout pants on but didn't know what to expect. Her first video surprised me on several levels.

Firstly, she explains her instructions in a way that everyone can understand. My first pilates instructor had graduated from Yale and wanted everyone to know it. We had to keep pausing to ask her what the hell "rectus abdominis" and "serratus anterior" were. Cassey clearly and concisely explains what body parts are supposed to be where, doing what.
Secondly, she teaches with excitement and encouragement for the viewers. Throughout the workout she encourages you. "You're strong. I know you want to quit but you can do it! I know you can!" I don't know about you but I love that. While my body is yelling at me for making it work out, hearing someone affirm me as I'm working out is motivating. Especially when they're a lovely lady.
Lastly, it works. These workouts are guaranteed to help you be healthy and energized. After finishing, I felt like I could conquer the world! Maybe I'm just weird like that. >_>

All in all, this series will energize, motivate, and kick your ass. But at the end don't forget to smile because you accomplished something challenging! Even if you had to take breaks, so what? You kept at it and you're awesome for doing your best at it. :)

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 01-31-2014 at 11:59 PM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 02-02-2014, 08:28 AM

ღ Pamper Yourself with a Spa Day At Home!

After a long week of life, work, school, taking care of the kids, etc. it's good to have a day set aside for you to unwind. Even if it's only for a couple hours give it a try.
Pamper yourself and be reminded that even you need a chance to relax. Life is no fun when you're constantly stressed out, feeling like you have no time to breathe let alone rest. Even my life can get that way sometimes. I know the day spa can be super expensive so why not bring the spa home to you? You can do which ever combination of these or which ever one of these you want. As long as you feel good and rested, that's what matters. You're worth it! ;)

A Good Homemade Facial:

Get those cucumber slices chilled in the fridge and ready because its homemade facial time! :D Even though I love buying masques for my face, I never forget to enjoy a good old fashioned masque made with my own two hands. One remedy I love is the peaches and cream masque. It smells amazing and works really well. Adding honey to this recipe thickens the mixture and adds even MORE benefits to the skin by acting as an extra moisturizer/antioxidant! I know what you're thinking. OMG. You are addicted to Bubz! ... So what if I am? Her advice works so why not use it? Here's her recommendation for a peaches and cream masque! Enjoy gorgeous! :3

DIY French Manicure:

Now don't know about you but I can't imagine a spa day without getting my nails done. However, I have seen hell and high water when it comes to DIY french manicures with sticker strips and curse words flying everywhere. I've done it. But if you're like me and don't want to deal with all that nastiness, this is literally the easiest way I've ever seen it done. I don't do French manicures that often but if I do it again in the foreseeable future this is the video I'll be following. Off topic for two seconds. Is anyone else noticing a trend? Why is it that so many beauty gurus and cute girls on YouTube have dogs? O _ o Just a question.

Fruit Salad Parfaits:

At the spa my mom and I escape to on rare occassion, they offer delicious snacks if you get hungry. One of them is Fruit Salad Parfaits! It's really easy to make at home so don't fret if cream of tartar isn't in your kitchen. :P
Here's how you do it!
  • Cut up enough of your favorite fruits to fill about two tall glasses. Place them in a large bowl. Add two teaspoons of honey or sugar then stir them up.
  • Next, crush four or five graham crackers in a ziploc bag. It doesn't have to look like sand but make sure super big pieces aren't in there.
  • Take some of your favorite yogurt out and a tall glass or a small bowl you can eat out of.
  • Start building your parfait! Start with a layer of graham crackers, followed by yogurt, then the furit, and another layer of yogurt. Repeat until the glass or bowl is full. Top it however you'd like. :3
  • Put up any remaining fruit, graham cracker crumbles, and yogurt covered and in the fridge.
  • Enjoy your parfait!
Hopefully it looks something like this:
Click on thumbnail for full view If not, don't sweat it! I'm sure it's absolutely delicious anyways! :D

Luxurious Bath or Shower:

When I say luxurious, I mean with incense or candles going to fill your bathroom with relaxing scents. I mean Luther Vandross, Kenny G, the classical station on the radio, or some Lifescapes albums from Target playing in there to keep you company. I mean so relaxing and calm that for the time you are in there, you forget you're at home and think you're at the spa.

Place a warm washcloth on your forehead or on top of your head and just breathe. Take deep breaths, making sure to let them out slowly. Take your time lathering up using smooth large circles then shrinking to smaller ones. Put that homemade masque on beforehand and when it's dry, come wash it off in this soothing environment. Or this can be done on its own...Why not? You deserve it! :3

You know all this talk about spa day at home makes me want to do it today!
Tell me how yours was! Who knows? Maybe we can spa together sometime. ;)
Off to take that pampering bath! Make sure to take time for you princess!

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 02-06-2014 at 05:08 AM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 02-11-2014, 03:52 PM

Two BIG Announcements!!!

Hello to my lovely lady friends! Today I have two HUGE announcements about the blog. I'm super excited because they took a lot of time to plan. :3 Today is just a short little post about these but later I'll make another about something that's been on my mind. Ok?

Now. The blog is getting a very special guest writer who is one of the most adorable, witty women I've ever met and want to ask out to dinner and a movie...when she least expects it...and if she doesn't have a boyfriend already...*ahem* Anyway, she's the champion of geek chic and proud of it. When she arrives, please give a super warm welcome to ELLA KENDRICK! We should totally call her segments "Cinderella Wears Glasses" that would be so cute! :3

Second announcement! The prizes for the Reader's Choice Vlogger/Blogger Contest are as follows!
  • First Place: 2,000 gold and a special shout out
  • Second Place: 1,500 gold and a special shout out
  • Third Place: 1,000 gold and a special shout out
  • Honorable Mentions: 500 gold and a shout out
The contest and how to enter can be found HERE.
Now there's only one entry per reader but you can list multiple blogs/vlogs you like. I'm going to trust that you won't use your mule accounts but just so you know, please don't use your mule for this contest. It's not fair to others who don't have one. :/ Also don't get upset if your choice isn't picked this time. I'll be doing this once every other month so that's six chances a year to get your pick on here! Plus there's going to be tons of other giveaways and prize packs as time goes on. :D

Good luck and have tons of reasons to smile today. ;)
-Ari, the Fairy Godfather

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 02-11-2014 at 03:55 PM..

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 02-11-2014, 06:59 PM

-saunters in-
-sees fruit salad parfaits-
-resists urge to drool-
Nice intro, Ari! Couldn't have done it better myself. One correction though. I am THE most adorable and witty woman you've ever met ;D
*cough*Didn't hear anything about dinner and a movie*cough*
*cough*Doesn't have a boyfriend*cough*

Greetings All!
The Welsh Dragon has finally arrived

~About Ella

Name: Elain "Ella" Kendrick
Marital Status: Single
My Face:
(click to see full size image)
Favorite Color: Purple :D
Favorite Food: Chocolate. Does that count as a food?
Favorite Clothing Brand: Brand? Um, I don't really look at brands. Although, there is this store that I love called Jay Jay's. They have the most epic skinny jeans! Oh, and they have these printed tank tops with, like, cool sayings on them. I actually found one that said "Why so serious, son?"
Favorite Makeup Store: Um, well my mum works at Sephora and when they get new stock she brings home these really cool samples....
Favorite Makeup Brand: Oh, brand. Why must you do this to me? Do you know how many hundreds of brands there are out there and you want me to pick one?!
Favorite Designer: Refer to above statement and replace "brand" with "Designer" :)
Hobbies:
Reading, listening to music, cycling, playing guitar, drama club, collecting geeky memorabilia, watching movies, dancing (don't stand to close, I may put your eye out XD).

Yup, that's me. If thou wouldst know more, thou have but to ask!

Now, down to business. Cinderella Wears Glasses is a super cool name and I have decided to use it. Even though, I don't in fact wear glasses. Although, I do have those plastic ones that come in different colours. And, I have have some pink ones that look like they belong to Party-elf Thranduil. Wait, Ari you like pink, right? You should totally wear them XD

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 02-12-2014 at 07:42 AM..

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 02-11-2014, 07:35 PM

~Cinderella Wears Glasses
And She Looks Good

Well, my angels, from my mini-biography in the previous post and Ari's lovely little intro, it's pretty obvious that I am one of the more geeky human beings. So that being said, here's how it's going to go down in my segment. I'm going to introduce you guys to the quirky side of life. I'm going to to show you that just because Batman is your hero or you wish your car was a T.A.R.D.I.S. or you want to live in the Shire, doesn't mean that you can't be a fashionista/o aswell! Geek chic is a trend, you know? And with my expert advice you'll look more super than Superman in no time! (Word of advice though, wear your underpants on the inside. Please.)

Right, so this segment is going to be split into 3 categories:

~Clothing

~Shoes

~Accessories

For each post, I'll dig up some super cute, geek chic outfits and give you tips and tricks on how to make them your own. Also, I'll occasionally post some make-up tricks to go with them! Ari would be so proud.

Unfortunately, I've got an appointment in about half an hour. I'm babysitting at the Lambert's house tonight. Yay. See, they have a set of twins that can be... a hand full. So, yeah, first post will probably be up some time tomorrow. Wish me luck. I need it XP

Hugs and Kisses,
~Ella

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 02-12-2014 at 11:12 AM..

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 AM

Cinderella wears Glasses
Segment #1: The Gorgeousness of Glasses

In honor of my first post, I thought I'd pay homage to the most well known symbol of geek culture in the world: Glasses! Heh, the title also gave me the idea XD
Anyway, glasses can be pretty versatile. That is, you don't only have to wear them on your face. Yes, a pair of shades can add quirk to any outfit, but glasses on an outfit shows that you mean business. Let's get to it, then!

~Clothing

Here are a few pics that I've dug up of some awesome shirts that make use of our quirky little symbol:

Giraffe with glasses. I ask you, does it get any more badass than that?

The all powerful glasses-moustache-bow tie-bowler hat combo. Every geek should have atleast one of these in their closets. The typical style is a white t-shirt with black print, but as you can see here funky styles do exist.

This one is a personal favourite of mine. It's works really well on haters too.
"Don't like mah outfit? Talk to the cat."

These are for our girls who love to keep it cute. Hello-Kitty-glasses is very popular and it's really is easy to find in your local shops.

This last style is for our more edgy people. Don't be deterred though, it's totally geek chic.

You can pair any of these shirts with a rockin' pair of skinny jeans or some awesome tights. Shorts work pretty well too!
If you can't find any of these patterns, just do what a buddy of mine did. Get a shirt and picture you really like and run down to your nearest printing store. 90% of the time, they'll be able to put 2 and 2 together :D

~Shoes

Unfortunately, I have never ever seen the gloriousness of glasses done on shoes. Someone should really get on it, I think. But, oh well. For now these babies should stay your appetites:

They're CD-player shoes. Yes they are, yes they are!

~Accessories

This may very well be my favourite category. You can do so much with accessories. You can even make your own! Just ask those brilliant Etsy people.

I told you, Hello Kitty is popular. These ones even come in black.

These necklaces are super stylish. I recommend wearing them on a plain t-shirt, that way you can see them better.

Yup, phone cases are accessories too.

These are beyond epic and would definitely appeal to steampunk lovers.

I came across these randomly. I want them.

Hippie glasses that double as earrings. Somebody stop me!

And, the piece de resistance....
Earring glasses! They exist, mwahahahaha!

All that being said, you can never go wrong with your ordinary black rimmed glasses. They go with everything!

So you see? Glasses are everywhere! You just have to do some digging and you'll find your perfect match in no time :D

That's all for now, angels. Hopefully I've opened up those eyes. No? You need a pair of glasses then. Ha, see what I did there ;D

Until my next segment,
Hugs and Kisses,
Ella

P.S. I survived the Lambert's. Woo!

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 02-12-2014, 08:08 AM

ღ Welcome to Ella, You Little Angel, Crash of the Sock Market, and Thuggin' Alpacas

Woohoo!
Thanks for coming on board Ella. I think this is going to be a lot of fun. :) You're super official and set to go hun, I linked you in the navigation menu~. Now for those who missed what's going on it's my absolute pleasure to introduce the girl who looks like my next girlfriend, Ella Kendrick. :P Thank you, I think I'm funny too. So on a more serious note Ella has her own geek chic style and is super confident with it. So we agreed that she would write on her too for those of you princesses who feel my posts are too...intimidating? Though I hope they're not. :( I don't know. It's just good to have more than one point of view so here she is and I couldn't be happier...Unless she pretended not to yes to dinner at Ristorante di Tuscany down the street and pretend that I could absolutely not pick her up at six. She can pretend I didn't say any of that too. *snap*

Hm. Appreciate the offer about the Elfy Man glasses but those make not a lick of sense to me. Perhaps you can explain it. It's like wearing window blinds on your face all day but you can't lift the slots to see what's going on. I mean wouldn't you be mad if you couldn't open the blinds? I mean are you playing peekaboo but didn't ask me? What is the deal with those glasses? Really though, I want to know your opinion on the appeal for my own understanding. > . > *legit confused*

Anyways, before my flirting goes too far if it already hasn't, there's something amazing in the inbox. A QUESTION FROM SOMEONE. I honestly didn't think that would happen. So...let's read it and I'll answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel McMuffin
Dear Ari, how do you expect for girls to like you when your such a girl yourself?
I mean its sweet that your doing this blog and everything but I don't blame Ella for turning you down. Your too femmy. Man up! Sorry. :/
*blink blink*
What is this hot and cold mess? My darling dear, I don't know where to begin with this. Let's break it down shall we?
First of all there are several different types of people in this world AMM. You're different than your neighbor and they're different from theirs. It's part of what makes the world beautiful. We can learn from each other and appreciate the differences even though we may not agree with certain aspects.

Second, that being said it's not quite fair to judge a book by its cover. I know I don't dress like other guys but you know what? I'm completely comfortable and confident with it. These are clothes I feel cozy in. Yes, I take care of my skin, hair, and nails. I like looking good. So if someone rejects me because of my appearance (which I highly doubt Ella did, she's such an awesome person...) then that's fine. It's happened before, no hard feelings and we can still be friends because she's such a cool girl to hang out with. There's a girl out there waiting for me who will love me regardless of how "femme" people think I am. And when I find her I'm going to show her how much I love and appreciate her being there for me every day.

To be fair Angel McMuffin, I have a couple pictures to share with you and the other ladies.

You're welcome. ;P

Speaking of style and all that, there is one trend I am not following. The Crash of the Sock Market. What's with all these other dudes not wearing socks with their shoes? See, this is part of why I have a problem wearing certain male fashions. The foolishness makes me tired. Why is a grown man going to put on some damn closed up, dark colored, wanna-be-leather shoes and not have some socks? Your feet are going to get sweaty and smell and the smell is going to kill people. FOR THE SAKE OF THE OZONE LAYER PUT ON SOME DAMN SOCKS. I have money. If you need me to start a Socks for Clueless Mofos Foundation I will. Oh my gosh...

After that I need a good laugh. How about alpacas being tough?
I watched this video and laughed harder than I should have. Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I do. :3 Later my lovelies!

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 02-12-2014 at 08:12 AM..

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 PM

~Putting in my Two Cents

Greetings once again!
Okay, so I know that my segment is an occasional one, but I just had to get in on this conversion. Elfy Man Glasses (which is the what I shall call my pink shades from now on XD), socks, alpacas and Ari's first question. Do you really expect me to keep quiet? Rhetorical question.

Right, since there's a lot to say and I don't want to confuse anyone (myself especially), I'm going to go about my comments in an orderly fashion... Fashion, hee hee. Fashion blog XD

1) Another intro?! Score for me! *Glomps Ari*
I'm super excited to be here. It's going to be epic! And, your advice isn't that intimidating. I actually took some of it, dipped into my babysitting money and booked myself for a facial and mani-pedi :D
Although, "The girl who looks like my next girlfriend"? Ari, are you seeing someone who looks like me? Thank you, I think I'm funny too XD
Anyway, I've decided not to ignore those statements. Aren't you just thrilled? That being said, if Ari's choosing the Restaurant that means I'm choosing the movie, right? Ofcourse I'm right *Rubs hands together and grins maniacally*

2) The Elfy Man Glasses. I thoroughly love that name. Just thought I'd get that out in the open =3
But really, there's not much to explain. I like Thranduil with all his sassy-ness. There's some pictures going around of him wearing pink shades. I saw the same pink shades in the store. It's all downhill from there! They've got nothing to do with fashion. They do look like window blinds and I certainly wouldn't wear them walking down the street. That could very well result in me walking into an actual window. I bought them to wear them to the Hobbit, you know, to show my support for that exquisite Elvenking. The next time I wear them would probably be for a laugh or to a party... If I ever go to one XP

3) Ari, I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. Your flirting always goes too far ^^

4) Who the hell doesn't wear socks with shoes? Forget the smell, what about foot fungus? These guys are probably going to start an epidemic *shudders*

And now to the question

5) Hee hee, McMuffin called you a girl! You know, maybe I can nickname you Aria *Doubles over laughing*

6) Yeah, so I think Ari covered the answer pretty well, but I have a question of my own. When did Ella turn Ari down? Because she certainly doesn't remember doing that. And why would she? A guy guy taking an interest in his looks is actually quite refreshing... especially after you've experienced my dad! He more than happy to wear one shirt for five days XP

7) I really wish that I was as photogenic as you are, Ari. I don't think those are terribly "femmy" I mean, he looks damn gorgeous in that leather jacket...
Did I actually type that? Dammit, Ella, you did! Why don't you just type that you want to run your hand through his hair while you're at it! I'm still typing aren't I? Heh, um... Look, llamas!!

*frantically looks for a hole to climb in*

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 02-12-2014 at 09:13 PM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 02-15-2014, 03:40 PM

ღ Valentine's Day, Ella Being Cute, and More of Your Questions!

Hello my darlings!
Hopefully you had a wonderful day of pampering yourself and spending time with family or friends! For my taken or married lady friends, I hope your day was full of surprises and romance. To me Valentine's Day is Love Day, celebrating yet another year of being loved by and loving other people in my life. On the romantic side, I can see why people say 'our love is celebrated year round' and that's great! I agree that you shouldn't reserve showing that you love your SO to only one day a year. But still it's nice to show them a little extra on Love Day, no?

Speaking of lovey dovey stuff, I got another question! This time about finding the words and whether to speak them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
Dear Ari,
I fully enjoyed you Editorial on the beauty products for the modern woman. I will be looking into acquiring some of that lovey nail polish for my romantic interest. My question involves a bit of an explanation I think. I put out a Help Wanted ad in the local news paper, I know in this day and age why would I do that? Long story which I wish not to speak of. As I was saying, I was looking for a double of me. I have in my business the need for a double as some times. I had not expected a young lady to answer my inquire. She meets all the required needs for the job and looks EXACTLY like me. We have worked for some time together and now I am finding that I am developing feeling for this young lady. Should I fallow my heart and ask her out on a date, or should I try to keep my feeling in check and not let her know? She is a lovey lady and some might say I am only acting on self love. She is smart and witty. She has saved my bacon a few times in our time together. I look forward for an answer.
yours sincerely
Vincent
Vincent, allow me to show you the answer to your question. I have a special lady like that too. I would say go for it! Who cares what either of you look like? As long as you both love each other that's all that matters. People talked about Jesus, they sure as fire are going to talk about others. But that's why they aren't in our relationships, right? ^ _ ^ Be brave and speak your heart.

Ella you're hilarious. XD
Darling, your two cents is highly valued and has been put in the memory bank. Um...
*pulls out a small jewelry box*
I have a very serious question for you. I...I wanted to ask on Valentine's Day but didn't have the guts. Yes, Aristide Beau Duplantis couldn't make some kind of words come out when the time came.
*opens the box to show a custom ring lolipop*
You and I have something special that I recognize. Maybe it's me but I sense that there's more than friendship going on. So I promise that for however long we're together I'll make your life sweeter. It'll be colorful and fun as much as possible. I want to make sure you know how special you are to me. Will you be my girlfriend?

Last edited by ClockworkLupine; 02-15-2014 at 11:16 PM..

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 02-16-2014, 09:50 AM

~Another Two Cents for the Memory Bank

Greetings, pretty peoples!
I hope most of you have recovered from Valentines Day. I know it can be quite stressful for some people. Hee hee!
Nevermind that, it is a pretty neat holiday. I mean, who doesn't love being spoiled and pampered? Guys included!

So, who wants to guess how I spent my Valentines Day? Well, it was on a Friday which means that I did have classes.

No guesses? No, I did't babysit. Though, you think I would have seeing that most people were going out and such. Oh well, I'm not complaining :D
Alright, so I spent my Valentine's Afternoon (XD) was spent baking cookies. Didn't take too long, an hour or two. I'm not the best baker in the universe, but I thought I'd give it a shot for the heck of it. The first batch was... well um... more like little heart-shaped rocks than cookies, but the second one came out really good. Icing them was the best part, though! I went a bit mad with the sugar sprinkles because 'cmon... sugar!

Ahem, where was I? Oh yeah, so the cookies came out super. Now you might ask, for what reason would Ella make cookies? I shall enlighten you. I actually planned on giving them to a certain blonde divo *glances at Ari* But, unfortunately said divo refused to answer any of my calls and when I did see him he was a bit fluster-y. So, I ended up giving some to my mum to take to class with her and also gave one to my stomach. It enjoyed it very much. That being said, I did in fact keep some for a more laid back setting like now, so Ari here they are :D

Second order of business... Another question
I totally agree with what Ari said, you should definitely go for it. Life is about taking risks, right? It would be a terribly boring... thing (?) if we didn't. And, if you don't find out how she feels it's just going to bug for who know how long!
I have another question. What line of work do you need a body double for? O_O Vincent, if you're reading this, please pm an answer to "Ari" or 'Me" :D

I know I am, angel :D
It had better be a very large memory bank, 'cause I have a lot of cents-
Oh look, pretty box!
Gasp, so that's why you were fluster-y and didn't answer my calls, you little- Hold on...
*sees ring and realises what's going on*
Um, heh, could you excuse me for one moment.
*walks into the closet and closes door*
*a high pitched scream is heard*
Ahem, sorry. I was just clearing my um... throat XP
Holy heart attack, it's gorgeous and sweet. Did you get the pun? What am I saying?! Okay, now Elain Kendrick is lost for words! Seriously, I just dunno... I mean, we're so different. You're, like, there and I'm, like... here. But, it's kinda nice, you know. 'Cause, there's always new stuff and surprises and loveliness when we're together. Wow, it's not only you sensing stuff, is it? Alright, I adore you. Yes I'll be your girlfriend. *tackles*

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 02-16-2014 at 12:12 PM..

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 02-16-2014, 11:16 AM

ღ Quick Preview of What's to Come...

Good morning lovelies!
Between dancing like an idiot because I now have a beautiful, awesome, incredible girlfriend and getting ready to run out the door for church and Sunday brunch with Momma, I just wanted to give y'all a heads up on what I'll be covering today.
I have to tell you about what happened on Love Day and...what I have to say in regards to having a wonderful Cinderella in my life.

ALSO. GET YOUR CUTE LITTLE PRINCESS BOOTIES IN GEAR. There's only two days left for the contest and you all haven't sent me a doggone thing regarding it! Did you not see how much gold was going to the winners? You could be making so much bank, shug. This is an actual thing ladies! Check out the navigation above, go read "Top Five Beauty Bloggers/Vloggers of the Month" and send me a message with who you nominate! Make sure to put "Here's My VOTE Ari!!!" in the subject line. Remember, please don't use mule accounts so we can keep everything fair and make it easy for me to give the prizes out. Ok?

Alright! I have to run but thank you all for reading my blog and inspiring me to keep going with it. :3
Have a great morning and don't forget to appreciate the little things today. Like the smell of your favorite perfume or how gorgeous the sunrise is. I'll be back later!