Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-11-2012, 02:18 PM

I think the main problem with the screaming is that it started to get progressively worse after the Frieza/Namek saga. It's funny because that's where the story was originally supposed to end anyway. I always just imagined that one would scream if one was in the character's position of building up power from inside their body...but yeah the screaming did happen a lot and for longer a duration with each new power up. :lol: I know a lot of people who strongly dislike the screaming like you do, so I understand.

There are certain rules you gotta follow in the process of pixeling. The process is also time-consuming since 99% of the time is individual point and clicks instead of actually drawing. It definitely helps to visually understand the techniques of other pixelists because then you can eventually take what you learn and bend it into something that's more yours. It does require some artistic knowledge, but really just of scale, proportion, color, and light source. One more trick I can think of that works is zooming in on the image 400 - 700 times the normal size. Pixeling while zoomed in definitely helps.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 05-11-2012, 10:57 PM

I was told by someone that in the original Japanese version, there's significantly less screaming, but I've not been able to find out since I can't read subtitles (shitty glasses currently) and I can't understand Japanese. :lol:

I know its a bit tedious and time consuming from when I did the minor avatar edits for people. The point-and-clicking made my hands hurt a little.
I used to lurk in art shops and study the pixelists who had style I liked and study their work, and then occasionally for practice I'd try to copy what they had done (obviously just for my own use)
And I know zooming helps that's one of the first things I taught myself to make it easier. :lol:
I wasn't a horrid pixelist (keeping in mind that all I really did were edits) but I wasn't good either. I need practice. And I need to practice my drawing art...I think it would be fun to have an art shop on mene, but I'd need a tablet first and/or a scanner, which I don't have. -grumble-

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-12-2012, 03:40 PM

Aww sorry you don't have those resources available to ya. One day you will! :D I got my scanner and tablet as seperate christmas presents years ago. Maybe you can nudge your folks to do the same for ya. I have a USB scanner that I bought used online for like $50-60 (maybe even less) which isn't bad. It only plugs into a computer and is pretty light. You can always try looking up a usb scanner on ebay or amazon or something.

I wouldn't know about the screaming rate in the Japanese version of DBZ. I tried watching it once and I just could not stand how Goku sounded. One thing that caught me off guard was that in DBZ Kai, even though it was the same voice actor from later on in DBZ (Sean Shemmel or something like that *shrug*) he referred to himself as Son Goku when that was never done in the first English dubbed DBZ.

`Kitami

Old 05-12-2012, 08:41 PM

Anything I get, I will have to buy it for myself, because my family doesn't have the resources right now to buy things for me. ^^;
Boyfriend suggested just saving my money and buying a tablet computer. :/

Son Goku? That's interesting.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 05-13-2012, 02:04 AM

I guess he doesn't call himself that in the english manga either. I know in Japanese his name is Son Goku.

Try looking for a brand named Fujitsu...I think. My instructor uses a graphics tablet computer and she said that one could find a Fujitsu tablet computer used for like $500~600 which is good compared to over $1000. One day I want to get one of those too. They're amazing!

`Kitami

Old 05-13-2012, 04:22 AM

I dunno, because I haven't read many of the mangas. I'm dependent on the library for all the manga I read, so if the library doesn't have it then I'm just outta luck.

So much money though. I think my little art shop project will have to be put on hold. :lol:

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 05-15-2012, 04:55 AM

O///O
*Blush*
Thank you Kitami! :hug:
I'm glad you like my avatar!

`Kitami

Old 05-15-2012, 04:55 AM

Update 5/14/2012:: Added Winter Wind: Rozalyne: and another avi made by ObviouslyAya: to the Avatars I Admire section on the first page. :yes:

Roz:: Its really lovely! :hug:

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 05-15-2012, 04:57 AM

Thank you , thank you! :heart:
I love this colour scheme. o 3o

`Kitami

Old 05-15-2012, 05:00 AM

Its very fiery and attractive. I find myself kind of pulled to red-yellow-black avatars lately.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 05-15-2012, 05:14 AM

Yellow is usually too bright for my eyes, but I couldn't resist. >.<
I had finally bought a Mischief Maker and just had to make an avatar with it.

`Kitami

Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 AM

Rozalyne: You used it well. :yes:
I have one, but I rarely ever use it.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 05-15-2012, 05:40 AM

Thank you!
I went through three different layering option for the bottom half of the avatar.
Originally, I was going to use the full suit, but I would have been limited, I think, with items.

`Kitami

Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 AM

I think you would have been limited, and in my opinion it looks perfect this way. ^_^

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 05-15-2012, 05:48 AM

Yeah, I probably would have.
Thank you! I think she looks perfect this way too.
I'm quite satisfied with it.

`Kitami

Old 05-15-2012, 09:15 AM

Rozalyne: Well you did a wonderful job.

I'm trying in the DAC to make a cosplay of one of the characters in the EXCELLENT book I just finished (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) but I can't get her quite right. :/
I'll keep toying with it tomorrow I guess. :lol:

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 05-15-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami View Post
Update 5/14/2012:: Added Winter Wind: Rozalyne: and another avi made by ObviouslyAya: to the Avatars I Admire section on the first page. :yes:

Roz:: Its really lovely! :hug:
dawww thanks darling <3 i feel honored aha

`Kitami

Old 05-15-2012, 07:17 PM

Windy:: Lol your avi is lovely, I just had to add you. :yes:

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami View Post
Thanks Kitami (^ /////^) :heart:

`Kitami

Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM

Aya:: You're welcome. I have three avatars of yours up there, and I think they're all so amazing. ^_^