jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-09-2011, 06:59 PM

I think a few of your links have broken from Photobucket. But, I do love the new additions!

And, oh, yes, yes. I'm sorry to worry anyone! n___n;;
It's sort of like relaxing for a moment when you're swimming in the ocean; you don't realize how far you've been pulled out so you spend the next period of time treading water to get back to the shore. I've just been very busy, but I hope to be more active in the coming weeks. How about you?! How has life been treating you?

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Oooh, yeah! I changed the url of one of my avatars because I was trying to figure out a glitch that was happening in one of my posts. Thanks for bringing that up! ^^

Well, I'm glad things are going well. c: And life is rather rough right now. Our power is off and we're using a generator to power things for the time being. >_< But it's not so bad...

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 PM

Aw, Krissy, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope everything still goes well for you and your acquaintances. Might I inquire as to what caused the power outage?

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-09-2011, 07:28 PM

Thank you. ^^

Well, my parents couldn't afford to pay 1000 dollars owed for past do bills to keep us on. ^^; But, we should hopefully have the power back on this Wednesday.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-09-2011, 07:37 PM

Yeesh, who could afford that? I work a pretty decent job, but I don't know that I'd be able to afford that much and get away with eating enough to stay awake.

teehee
My father told me once that we had eight dollars to our name at one point. I was instructed not to let my mother know, naturally.

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-09-2011, 07:44 PM

Yeah, luckily we should have enough to pay it off Wednesday. @__@

I'm actually used to stuff like this happening. I mean, it hasn't happened for awhile. But when I was living with my dad, it was 10x worse because he'd never let us know if and when it was going to happen. Until after things were turned off. ^^;;

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 PM

Oh my, I can see how that would be inconvenient! I hope that in the future we can all harvest our own power--or at least most of it. Wouldn't that be incredible?
Hopefully you'll be on track again. n_____n

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-09-2011, 07:59 PM

Yes, that would be awesome. ^_^ And cheaper, too. xD

I hope so. We were planning on paying the bill partially from being shut off - but the electric company gave my mom wrong information and thus, we were shut off. >_< Meh, oh well. Lesson learned, I suppose.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-09-2011, 08:06 PM

The only advice I can offer is to fight, fight, fight it. I feel like we are always fighting with our phone service providers; they cut off service or give us weird bills with overcharges for things we don't actually get or need. It's this constant tug-and-pull that really wears you out. It's kind of funny to get a bill now from a phone company because I get this rage-face immediately.

I had a teacher back in high school who paid exorbitant heating bills all year round. She tried lowering her heating for a month to see if it would work, but she got a bill even higher than usual. As it turns out, she was paying her neighbor's heating and he was paying hers. All on the cockup of the utility's part. They tried to play the whole "We'll just comp you $100 for your troubles". I'm sure that in that moment, if it were me, I would have flipped tables and become the She-Hulk.

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-09-2011, 08:39 PM

I'm pretty organized with my own bills. @__@ So if there are any strange charges, I'm all over it. xD But... I cannot really say anything about my parent's bills. Mainly because I don't know all of the details. But after this, I think I might help my mom organize it a bit more. Just because her boyfriend procrastinates like no tomorrow - so she got a card linked to his account in her name so she can actually pay the bills now. xD

Only 100 dollars? After probably 1000 dollars of mis-charges? Yeah, I would've flipped shit. I flipped out when my cell phone company tried charging me for the data I was using, twice! xD So... I can only imagine what would've happened if I was paying an extreme for heat that wasn't mine. I'm pretty sure you could take the company to court for that.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 AM

Wow, I really love your style! <33 It's so polished-looking. I think my favorite is your "wood demon" outfit with the shield. I don't think anyone has ever pulled off the shield so well. :)

I went digging in my files, but I only found one outfit that I saved that you don't already have posted. It's quite old, but maybe you could try remaking it sometime?

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 AM

Thank you very much! ^//^ I'm quite flattered that you think so, as I'm a huge fan of your avatars.

Oh, I remember that avatar! If I recall, I tried to remake it a few times but got distracted by shiny objects. I think I'll make that my next project when I get around to it. c:

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Life has been... avid to say the least. xD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-24-2012, 05:48 AM

D'aww, I'm honored! <3 No worries about the wait, I know how life can be. :yes:

And good luck remaking the avatar eventually!

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-14-2012, 12:53 PM

Thank you! I've been in an avatar making rut, though. :c Ah well.. I'm sure I'll get to remaking it eventually, I guess I just don't know where to start.

I like your Link cosplay, by the way! Very accurate - I always enjoy a good cosplay avatar. c:

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-26-2012, 12:51 AM

It feels so surreal to win User' Pick after so long. I'm glad that the avatar was so well received, as I spent two weeks trying to layer it properly. D: Never has such an avatar given me so much trouble before. It was just one thing after the other, with not having items I thought I did and then the VJ item that I had finally saved up for vanished and was put on the MP for more... xD Such is my luck, aha. I guess I didn't expect so many to really like it as I was second guessing myself about a few items, but I kept getting PMs/comments about it and it just made me all gushy inside.

In any case, I found an older avatar of mine that I had to remake. I really do adore the old items from old Mene (...well, a few of them), but they were sooo expensive back then. Still are, just... easier to get, I suppose. I think maybe now is a good time to try to remake the avatar Ferra posted earlier, too. Now that I have a little gold to throw around, might as well get around to it before I spend it on other shiny objects. o 3o