monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-03-2011, 06:49 PM

Hello and welcome to as I am going to refer to it from here on out..."The Feedback Thread." It is for people looking for more than a number and quick reply. It is for people looking to help other people, and in turn be helped.

It is different from the "Rate the avatar above you" thread because we are not really asking for a rate. We want some well thought out answers, which are much more important to us than the actual rate. A rate is to just know, generally, where you stand in their mind. It is not the main focus, but you may tag one on to your feedback if you feel it's necessary.

This thread is not for people who just want to post about how much they like the colors, or like every avatar. This is for people with discriminating tastes, and a critical eye. You want perfect? You want to help others get 'perfect'? This is the place for you.

Rules & Basic Play Guide.
1. Absolutely no spamming. I will not tolerate irrelevant nonsense. If you have a question for someone specific, ask it in PMs or in comments.
2. You must give something akin to "good" feedback (see below). Giving a rate "number" is optional.
3. If you don't think there's anything you can contribute to make someones avatar (let's say it's perfect) then you should tell them what you like the most (be specific and detailed) about their avatar, and why it is perfect to you.
4. If you're trying to make a themed avatar, please provide at least a name, but a name and a reference is even better!
5. If you have any specific questions you'd like to ask about your avatar to get feedback on, ask them!

Examples of GOOD Feedback.
<The Examples of Good Feedback will change one a month to my favorite feedback given to someone that month, so keep on the lookout for some feedback of yours!>

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order it Up Thread
Username: CrimsonShadow

CrimsonShadow: I like the addition of that sugarplum dress, but it adds white that doesn't show up anywhere else, so I'd say to nix it or add more white. If you decide to keep it and add more white, try adding an ayumi's skirt, the black one. I think that'd be pretty cool.
I'd also suggest more silver around the shoulders and waist in general.
And yes, I do like the waist bow. :)
But again, the white.
5/10
This shows a lot of thought, it also makes suggestions on what they could do better, and even what they've changed since the last time they'd rated the avatar and what they liked, didn't like about the changes. Feedback like that is helpful.

Examples of BAD Feedback

SPOILERX

Quote:
Username: CrimsonShadow

@Crimson - 8/10...I like your colors.
See? That's rarely very helpful. It's clearly not a "perfect" avatar (the rater only gave it an 8), and the poster really doesn't contribute to trying to make the avatar better. Now, sometimes commenting on someone's colors can be helpful, but usually when they don't work, if they do..well, the avatar creator obviously knows this or they wouldn't have put them together.
Now, "I like your colors" can be valid feedback, but in this thread, we are looking for more, so try to take lots of thought into the ratings that you do.

Yes, sometimes there are things you "just like" or "just don't like" and you're not sure why...but try your best to avoid defaulting on replies like that.

Random Things I feel Should Be Said...Because Sometimes People Forget! (And I just want people to remember these things.)
1. Ily guys.
2. No bickering if someone gave you a low rate. It's not the end of the world! If you got a low rate, you should have been told why, and the only thing you can do if you disagree, is move on. You don't HAVE to take their feedback, but they are offering it to you after you "asked" by posting in this thread.
3. It's all just a matter of aesthetic opinion, relax.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 AM

I love what you're working with. You're using so many colors...and it makes a wonderful color scheme. However, I know the more colors you add to an avatar, the harder it is to incorporate them. I'm really digging the pink, teal, lavender, pirate purple, black, gold and white....however, I don't think the brown is needed. And the boots really restrict the amount of colors you can use on the legs. I would use a shoe that shoes more leg, there for allowing more layering on the legs which then allows you to get more color down there. I think you need some pink, gold, white and pirate purple down there.
The feet is the only thing that I could see needed work. Everything else looks fantastic. If I really had to rate this avatar...I think I would give it a 8.5/10. It's very well done.

I hope you intended it to be started off with you because that's what you got. XD

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-04-2011, 03:59 AM

I have to say the colors that you have chosen are amazing. They go together so well and the picture is very appeasing. It's very simple and elegant which I love. You didn't have to pile on items and that's good:) I mean there's little touches of every color all over and that's cool. It's hard to layer everything out like you did. I think the one thing I could criticize on is the feet..I'm thinking maybe a short pair of blue socks maybe? Only if the have a shade to match. It doesn't really need it, I just think more of the blue needs to be incorporated on the feet! 9.5/10 I'd say:)

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 AM

Your avatar almost reminds me of a sailing trophy with the gold skin and ship on the head. Nice use of the Les Viole D'or. I extol you for using such an impossible item! It works well with the hair style you have chosen. I do have few issues with this avatar. I think the bow and bells on your waist is unneeded. Instead, it should be replaced buy a red belt. The plain red belt would do just find, but I love the double belts with those skirts. I don't know why! I just do. Lol. And I think you can do without the red velvet cupcake. I think unbalances the red on the sides of your avatar. There could be a touch more red in your avatar's hair. I don't know what all layers well with that hair style, but I think she could use a red headband and the Red Temptress Hairpin...that would look lovely.
It's a decent avatar. I really enjoy her!

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Neller, did you change the hair?
Because I think I may in fact prefer this hairstyle.
I do however feel the purple eyes are a bit strange. Perhaps orange, green or blue eyes? Though, I don't think there are any shades that will match exactly, but IMO, it's worth a try. The purple is too dark for the eyes to really "pop".

Other than that, my only complaint is the dots of white on the gloves, but that's just me nit-picking, I don't really think there's a way to simply solve that without making things too complicated for the tiny problem that that is.

As I've said time and time again, amazing avatar, Neller. :)

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-05-2011, 04:11 AM

Gosh this is so hard! There's so much to look at:) First I have to say you make such intricate avi's that have so many layers it's hard to focus on one thing lol. There's so much life to them! Ok so I love the color's you have chosen. Very different and I love different. I really like the hints of some of the colors.

I think there needs to be a bit more gold somewhere, it's really heavy around you wrists. And I think different boots wouldbe better. It's just to much brown at the bottom. Other than that I think you did an awesome job!

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 AM

...Are you some sort of exotic dark goddess?
It's very simple but it's also appealing. I'm not sure what you're going for though, so maybe a handheld or some other identifying minute detail is needed. :yes:

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 PM

It's a gorgeous avatar. I really love all the colors and the details. I can identify items easily, which is a big plus for me! I love the metallic appearance of your avatar's hair. I just wanna play with it. Lol.

The only issure I really have is the lack of gold on the feet. I don't think the talons can cover the amount of gold needed on the feet. I think trading in those black boots for gold ones would help out a lot.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-07-2011, 03:56 PM

Lol, actually the boots are the black/gold boots from a few events ago, with the bone warrior layered over. I can just remove the bone warrior and there should be more gold. :3 I don't think there are any all gold boots, anyway. o 3o;;

Anywayy, for your feedbaaaack my lovely~~

I love it. Especially that tiniest bit of red on the flower. It's a beautiful focal point. It's striking and bold, yet blends in and fits so well. It's the perfect little touch.
My only complaint are the eyes.
I want them to be greener (though most mene eyes greens would be a little "off color" for the rest of the avatar) or whiter (perhaps the lightest grey?).

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Send a message via MSN to .Simplicity.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 PM

You have such a cute avatar going on monstahh', but here's my tidbit on it~ ^^

First off, you've used the layers amazingly. I love that you've put the silver in with the gold as well, and I have to wonder if the crown played a part in adding it. :p What's throwing me off with the silver though, is it seems like it's just an added color, and shows little. The silver on your shoulder bothers me, as it's a bigger chunk. D:
The purple "pirate" color that I saw you refer it to as somewhere, for the bow, also throws me off since it's not really anywhere else minus in your hair? I think it'd look better possibly without it and changing your hair color to match the light purple you've used, and making the hair a shorter cut possibly. ^^

Other than those things above, I love this avatar, the colors are adorable together and it looks just so...cute. :'D <33

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 PM

Only two definite suggestions...1. Change the eyes to gold. 2. Maybe some gloves or one of those arm henna tattoos on the arms, they feel empty and it's odd. lol

I really love the little details you've added since starting this avatar though, c'est magnifique~

disturbed66
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via ICQ to disturbed66 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbed66

Old 01-10-2011, 09:05 AM

monstahh`
Ow im seeing alot of pink black red and small hints of white here and there.
but for some odd reason im kind of molding the red and the pinks together and not recognizing the difference. and i know we are limited in our items, but some of the 'white' items seem gray.
Over all balancing is great but i get the sence that there no over all theme.
my thoughts are perhaps take off some of the head items since im counting 8?
the black star could be removed alone with the eye patch. it would look better
Also try white earrings since you black ones kinda mesh in with you hair

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-11-2011, 02:00 AM

I really like what you've done to this one disturbed! It's very different and wow! It's sort of random to and I really like that about it. Everything seems to sort of fit together and I don't know why! You did a fantastic job with this one! And I can't wait for your next:) My only problem is the hair..can you try and make it a bit more orange? To match your bottoms and shoes. Then it would be perfect!

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 PM

Oh I LOVE this! The feeling of some magical wind about you, and how natural/tribal it is. Like I just happened upon a magical protector/healer. Your are bearing a lot of skin but the tattoos fill it up nicely the flower in your hair is just a tinge darker then the rest but I still really love it and don't know of anything that would be a closer match any way
GOOD job!

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 01-12-2011, 05:59 PM

I'm usually not a fan of monochrome avatars with a single color, but you pull it off well. I love the dress layering with the skirt. That is ingenious. XD And the skirt matches well with the hair. The whole thing is very creepy, but I feel like the only thing that brings it down is the head she's holding. I don't know why I don't like it...I just don't think it matches well with the avatar. But I don't know what item would help support your theme. Overall, it's a beautiful avatar. Nice job. :D

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 01-12-2011, 08:07 PM

Wow, I'm really impressed with this color scheme! I love the contrasting blue (teal) and orange, and it's not so harsh as to clash. The only thing that sticks out to me in particular is your boots. They don't seem to be quite the right color.

Also, I'm a huge fan of earrings, so if you could get some teal ones, that'd be what I would recommend. Also, do you intend to have two sets of ears? I just noticed that. xD If not, maybe you could also one of those plain headbands so the fox ears look like a prop? I think that would be super cute! I'm not sure how that would work with the goggles as well though. Anyway, that's what just came to mind. I really do like it though, it's quite lovely. It's soothing to look at. :lol:

To whoever rates me: I'm part of the underpants club, so I'm not likely to put on any items that would cover up my bra, or wear skirts or pants. It's a theme I've been enjoying for about a month now. xD

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-14-2011, 12:02 AM

I like it a lot actually.
I'm not sure what I think about the gun or the shoes though...they both seem a bit too light.
I'd also like to see the eyes a lighter grey. And I know you're part of the underwear club, but, perhaps a different black or gray bra, not one of the plain ones, would look better? The one you're using right sticks out strangely to me.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 01-14-2011, 04:34 PM

Monstah...I'm in love with this avatar! She's so beautiful. The warm brown works lovely with the pirate purple. The only thing I can complain about this avatar is the bag in her right hand. It just seems out of theme, to me. But other than that, I'm :drool:-ing all over this avatar. Lol. You did an AMAZING job. :)

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 01-15-2011, 09:02 AM

This has got to be one of my all time favorite avi's!! You did an amazing job neller, like really amazing. There's just so much to it but it's also so simple if that makes any sense lol. I love the color choice. They all go together so well and I love love the new hair you have! It's fits so much better.
I only with you could get more teal on your head. But wow:drool: Nice job!!

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-17-2011, 04:43 AM

It feels overdone. Like I've seen this avatar before.
As lovely as the merkehti items are together, with their classic Egyptian look and wonderful color choice, they are a set, and, I just have seen them all one too many times together. I don't feel like it's an interesting use of the itens, and find myself feeling bored looking that the avatar.

She needs something else. I'm not sure what.

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Send a message via MSN to .Simplicity.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:53 AM

This is a really simple avatar I feel, compared to the past few I've seen from you, monstahh~ o:

I really like the colors together, and the layers on everything is just gorgeous. I think my favorite part of this avatar is how the head looks. I'm adoring the earrings layering over the cutie scarf~ xD /weird
The feet are also pretty. Simple, but pretty. I was going to nit-pick at the purple fluff balls (rofl) on the feet, but after I looked at the avatar more, I feel they belong, and fit the needed amount of purple at the bottom.

I think the only thing I'm not liking is the hair color, but at the same time, it looks nice. ^^

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 01-18-2011, 03:48 AM

To my dearest Simplicity,

Your avatar is quite lovely. The pinks and reds and browns and blacks like lovely with the white. I really adore the horns your adorn your avatar. They look beautiful with the rose hair pin. I only wish you could find some other brown to add to your avatar's head. The helm makes such an elegant avatar seem like a brute. And the green upon the horns and rose are out of place, maybe if you added some green to the rest of the avatar, a rosy vine crawling up the leg and arm, and maybe a green sash.
I do love this avatar and it was fun watching you create it. :)

Yours sincerely,
Neller <3

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 01-20-2011, 03:29 AM

Neller is a lady with STYLE. Great color combination, something I know I wouldn't have come up with. It's also a really nice use of those goggles, especially when you tied in the little touch of silver they brought in with the sword and the little touch on top of the hat. Maybe a tiny bit more teal would be nice, but honestly, I don't know where you can put it in. Great layering with out that heavy cluttered feel. <3 <3 Once again another amazing avi. I feel like I need to take lessons from you :)

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-22-2011, 02:46 PM

Hmm, I'm really not sure about this avi, theres something thats off to me and it's one of those irritating times when I'm not too sure what it is.
I think it might be the amount of skin visible on the head, the skin on the rest of your body is pretty much covered so the large amount on your face seems a little unbalanced.
This may be getting really pernickety but the black on the boots isn't as dark as the rest of the black you have used but I can see how the boots are key to the avi so I don't think that can be remedied.
I must say, I love the body, I really think what lets it down is the head. Maybe a black headband from 52 would work, and you could even try the medical face mask in black also.
Over all I give this avi 7/10 xxx

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-22-2011, 02:50 PM

Only a few complaints for this avatar;
1) It's kindof top-heavy, which I find slightly annoying.
2) I'd like to see more pink on the feet. Are you wearing blue socks, over the light pink ones? aken 'em off. You have a lot of blue around your feet already, you don't need it! May also suggest light pink stockings?
3) The eyes. They're very cute, but they also have a think black pupil, that stands out a little much. Perhaps try different eyes?

But overall, it's very good and I like it a lot. It's some colors you don't often see used together. And it works. :)