TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 10-09-2018, 10:22 PM

Currently being cuddled by cats and watching Red vs. Blue. And drawing cats for Inktober pfft

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-09-2018, 11:52 PM

Inktober? I hear about that a lot but never really looked into it. How does it work?

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 10-10-2018, 06:53 AM

You do an ink drawing a day for entire month of October. There's an offical prompt list for the drawings, but following it is optional.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-10-2018, 04:37 PM

Oh I see. I should do that next year. Struggling to balance work and life atm.
My work commute is an hour :(

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 10-13-2018, 02:24 AM

I really hate being depressed and anxious all the time.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-13-2018, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyBats View Post
I really hate being depressed and anxious all the time.
I know how that feels....it sucks! ....always waiting for something good to happen but afraid that what happens won't be good.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-13-2018, 02:51 AM

I don't like anxiety either. :(

I was doing pretty well this week...
I saw my psychiatrist I think two weeks ago and she said that if I am still doing well, she will cut my morning dose in half.

I *was* doing well, but he helicopters are back. I've been doing my best to save face... I'm trying so, so hard to ignore the voices. I know now is probably the time to be honest with my parents, but I don't know... The voices say not to trust anyone

UGH.

I keep hearing them calling my name
They're pretty constant and usually don't talk directly to me but now they are saying my name and I don't know what to do

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 10-13-2018, 08:11 PM

I mostly have social anxiety.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-15-2018, 11:40 PM

Ava - The helicopters?
If they are collecting in a specific area they might be news helicopters.

You might be able to flip through some news channels and see what it is they're looking at. That might help to calm your nerves regarding what their intentions are.

--

I hate anxiety... but all my anxiety lately has been about bills... and I hate bills more than anxiety.
I've gotten to the point in life where I can have a full blown anxiety attack, racing heart, and just calmly go through the motions of it.

Wtf is a calm anxiety attack? o.o

Last edited by The Wandering Poet; 10-15-2018 at 11:43 PM..

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-16-2018, 02:49 AM

Ava The Vampire: The voices are not your friends...they are only trying to trick you into doing things you shouldn't do. Your doctor and your parents and your real friends don't want to hurt you. Don't listen to the voices!
Maybe you are a bit anxious about all your recent endeavors, causing the voices to play upon a slight weakness?
Be strong and continue to do well!

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 10-17-2018, 03:24 AM

I am a high functioning autistic. My boss keeps driving me to meltdowns, even whem I tell her I need her to back off for a minute and let me process. *sigh* Seriously need a different job. Tired of leaving work with teeth marks on my hands.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 10-17-2018, 06:01 AM

Your boss sounds like McDouchebag's =__=

Also, turns out being sick isn't an excused absence for missing work at Walmart. I know this because a friend of mine caught the flu for a week, annnd they fired her because she couldn't come into work. Because she couldn't get out of bed.

Kory

Old 10-17-2018, 04:47 PM

@Poet My friend who used to live here says that there's a helicopter dealership nearby... That, and there's a lot of crime I guess, so the helicopters are almost always circling the building with their flashlight on and it always freaks me out.

@Inzane Thanks :) I am going to talk to my psychiatrist about the voices... They are usually pretty constant and I can block them out, but laetely they've beeb a littke louder, so I think it could be from the excitement/stress of getting more work now

@SAvari/Taiyo That sounds awful! :( I could never work for McDonalds or Walkmart. I get sick so often

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-17-2018, 08:29 PM

Helicopter dealership? Woah I've never heard of that. Wow. Most be a lot of pilots there.

It is the city, crime tends to follow population.

Definitely look for a new job. Maybe reach out to hiring agencies that can find a job that's good for you. That's how I got my last job.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 10-18-2018, 06:36 AM

I got mine on a fluke. And I'm actually missing being unemployed because of the shittiness of my job......

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 10-20-2018, 11:38 AM

*wanders into the thread and curls up in the corner*

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-22-2018, 02:31 AM

Tai, its a call center but it's better than retail as it's one for medicaid insurance. So mostly talk to doctors and pharmacies.

My interview was scheduled for the day Florence made landfall. I got the job but they cancelled my interview because of flooding.

It's a nice job but far from what I wanted my life to be. Whatever helps me pay my mortgage I guess.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 10-22-2018, 08:30 AM

My life certainly isn't where I wanted it to be, so I can related to that part at least....

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-22-2018, 06:42 PM

I'd be curious to know how the average person's life progresses in comparison with the results. Like interviewing them every 5 years and seeing how their life has changed

Saravi Boo

Old 10-24-2018, 02:19 PM

Well, I don't have to worry about my boss anymore. She fired me on Friday.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-25-2018, 06:50 PM

Fired you? What for?

Saravi Boo

Old 10-26-2018, 03:06 PM

Because I was unhappy and I don't lie when asked about it.
She blamed me for everyone else being unhappy too. Even though it is really the poor management of the place that has everyone unhappy. She's stupid. *shrug*

Despite the financial concerns, I am actually kind of relieved. That place was making me crazy.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 10-26-2018, 09:22 PM

I think I'm going to have to start looking for a new job.

Kory

Old 11-03-2018, 12:54 AM

I'm sorry to hear you lost your job, Saravi Boo. :(
But it sounds like you are better off without it.

I used to love my old job back in Minnesota... Well, I loved it for about one and a half years... I was a teacher's aide in a daycare center. I worked with an amazing teacher and we had a great chemistry... Then one day she stopped showing up to work. No phone call, no note... She just stopped coming.

My job turned to shit after that. :( I was placed with random teachers who either 1) fresh out of school and never worked with children before... or 2) have worked there for so long that they were burnt out and didn't give a shit about their job. It was AWFUL! With the teachers who were new, I had to do ALL the work, even stuff that I wasn't "qualified" to do. The job got so stressful that I slowly had to peel back my hours. Around that time, we were switching management so my new boss didn't like me naming my own hours, so she said, "Look, Ava. Either you work here part time for the hours *I* assign you, or you become a substitute teacher and only come in when a teacher needs you"

I chose my health over the money, so I was like..."Fine, I'll be a sub". That was in 2016, so for the next year, I was slowly hating my job more and more. Until we moved to California in March of this year! :D

So... sorry to write so much... My point was that I totally understand not liking you job, and my personal philosophy is that if you work hard at something you love, you will find a way to get paid for it. :)

I'm currently working as a musician and actress here in LA and it's been alright. I'm not making six figures or anything remotely close, but I *am* making some money doing what I love, and in my opinion that's a life worth living! :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-03-2018, 01:31 AM

Enjoying what you do and making happy people happy by what you do is really important. And the money that's a good thing too but not the most important thing in life to me anyway so I agree with you