Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 02-17-2008, 11:46 AM

Introduction

In a distant galaxy, there exists a large, powerful planet known as Shaia. Medical technology has advanced to the point where the life expectancy for a human is now 250 years. Highly advanced flight and combat technology leaves this planet all but unbeatable. This planet is ruled as on nation, by one man, known only as "King" or "Leader." His true identity is kept a secret for his protection, but it is known that he has a rather large family. He did all the typical "evil guy" things to take over this world - started wars, lied, deceived, manipulated. It was all for his goal, of uniting the world and allowing everyone to live together in perfect harmony. A perfect utopia was his vision. However, some believe that he lost that vision a while ago, and now is only in it for the power...but no one can be sure.

About 50 years after Shaia's complete unification, a smaller planet was spotted close by. This planet had been spotted before, sure - it's kind hard to miss an entire planet. However, something interesting was noticed this time - the planet, known as Kajmiar, was inhabited! Delighted by the discovery, the King sent out hundreds of scouts to explore the smaller single-nation planet. Upon discovering that their technology was even more advanced than his own, he sent out the order to conquer Kajmiar, and make it a colony of Shaia.

Seven years later, Kajmiar is known as KX-14. Despite its superior technology, its small size left it unable to withstand the attacks from Shaian forces. However, the Kajmians were always very proud people, and to this day aren't willing to give up. A small number has already give in to the changes, but many continue to resist. The resistance, at this point, mainly carries out medium-small terrorist attacks (such as destroying a landing base for Shaian pilots or shooting down a single craft in flight), but that's all likely to change soon, for hidden deep below Kajmiar's surface, there lies the source of an amazing power, which even the residents know nothing about. All it will take is one Kajmian to stumble upon it...and the world just may be saved from conquest. However, if Shaia discovers it first...there will officially be no hope remaining for KX-14.

So which side are you on?

Plot Notes
This plot borrows a bit from the following:
Code Geass (anime/manga)
Ghost in the Shell (anime/manga)
SpaceCowboy Online (game)
And later there will be some influence from 1984 (book). If you like any of the above, then you'll probably like this.

Also please note that while the average lifespan of a human is 250 for Shaia and 278 for Kajmiar, there is no need to adjust your character's age. During the early years of their life, humans age just as quickly as they do here on Earth. On both planets, the brain is considered to have fully matured at approximately 25, thus age 25 is when full legal adulthood is granted. However, under Shaia, most legal rights are granted as early as 16, and Kajmiar secretly holds to its old policy of granting partial independence at 14. Therefore, the normal age range of military/resistance personnel is about 16-80.

Click here for the OOC thread.

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 02-17-2008, 11:47 AM

Rules
  • PM me your profiles, or post them in the OOC thread. I don't want interruptions from people posting their profiles in the thread.
  • Follow Mene's TOS. Don't go getting me in trouble because you can't control yourself.
  • Follow the AMP guidelines. I know it should go without saying, but...
  • Be at least semi-literate. Don't abbreviate three-letter words, please. >.<; Past tense, third person, story-style is preferred. NO ** FOR ACTIONS. Also, I'm not gonna require you to write a novel, but PLEASE, no one-liners unless you're REALLY stuck,
  • Feel free to use as many characters as you want, as long as you can keep up with them.
  • While the primary language of both planets is a variant of English (dictionary of special terms will be made if it's needed), someone, somewhere has traveled to Earth in the past and brought back some information on other languages, and it is rather popular to use these snippets of foreign Earth languages for names. Therefore, if you want a Chinese, Russian, or South African name for your character, that's completely fine. If you want a name in any other language, that's fine, too. I encourage it, actually.
  • No killing anyone without permission! Luckily for our characters, medical technology works out so that if you're not braindead when you get to a hospital, you can probably be saved...HOWEVER, this does not excuse COMPLETELY random shootings.
  • Everyone IS HUMAN, however, mutations and variations are allowed. If you can explain it to me in a scientific manner, it's good.
  • Romance is allowed, but lets try not to shift the focus of the RP, okay? ;) Same sex couples are totally fine too, but don't go pressuring people to join your gay orgy, please.
  • Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, use images that you do not have permission to use, FOR ANYTHING. If you didn't draw it, nor did you ask the artist for permission to use it, then don't call it your character. If I catch you doing this, you WILL BE REPORTED.
  • I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time.

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-17-2008, 12:02 PM

Jobs Available:

These are available on BOTH sides. At this point, both sides have exactly the same opportunities available, however, more jobs specific to the planet you chose will become available in the future.
  • Fighter Pilot
    Self-explanatory - these are the ones who fly the fighter ships. Often believed to be the most desirable job, however, it is often discovered that this isn't always the case. The job is extremely dangerous, and has the highest death rate of any military/resistance job available.

• Mechanic
    The people who take care of the fighter ships and anything related to them. A common misconception is that the job will be boring, however, most fighter flights require a skilled mechanic on board in case of emergency. Needless to say, the job becomes anything but boring then.

• Air Traffic Controller
    The person calling the shots when the ships take off and land. The one in control at all times when the ship is near a landing port. The one who can kill hundreds of people with one poorly-timed word. This job requires nerves of steel and a good eye, and the ability to communicate clearly. If you've got that, this is the job for you!

• Emergency Medical Technician
    More frequently known as paramedics, EMTs are the ones who rush to the scene where someone sustains a life-threatening injury. Their main priority is to keep the brain alive, as everything else can be replaced in this day and age.

• Surgeon
    Obvious again, the person in charge of saving a patient's natural body...or replacing parts of it, whichever is necessary.

• Biomedical Engineer
    The people who design the technology that allows people to live as long as they do. Their main project focus may shift from one object to another as the need becomes stronger; right now the military team is working on a permanent prosthetic lung for use in natural bodies.

• Civilian
    Self-explanatory. If you choose this, you can feel free to make up your own normal job.

---

Profile Skeleton
Code:
Username:
Character Name:
Affiliation: (Shaia or Kajmiar? NO NEUTRAL; need some from both sides!)
Job:
Personality:
Bio:
Other notes:

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-17-2008, 12:04 PM

Accepted Profiles

Username: Fullmetal Phantom
Character Name: Kelain Anderssen
Appearance: (picture) Kelain stands approximately 5'11" tall, with a medium build, fairly muscular, though not particularly impressive. Weighs approximately 153 pounds, appears less when in uniform due to the stiff fabric covering up his muscles. Kelain has wavy platinum blonde hair that reaches the base of his neck at its longest point, with the shortest never being less than two inches long. His eyes are a bright shade of gold-brown with hints of green, and his skin is a light, healthy-looking tone. He has a silver necklace that he always wears as a good luck charm; this is usually hidden under his uniform jacket.
Affiliation: Kajmiar
Job: Pilot
Personality: Usually very serious, but has a secret passion for MMORPGs. Extremely stubborn, and hates losing at anything. Highly prone to "blonde moments" as well.
Bio: Kelain grew up in a military family - his father was a soldier, his mother was a former military nurse. As such, it was all but determined for him that he would join the military when he grew older - which he did, ten years ago, when he turned 16. He started off fighting against the forces trying to claim Kajmiar; when this failed, he was quick to join the resistance.
Other notes: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiaswimmergirl
Username: Californiaswimmergirl
Character Name: Amber
Age: 17 or 24 (subject to change depending on how old the other characters are)
Appearance: ((This is currently being worked on; please stand by))
Affiliation: Kajmiar
Job: Fighter Pilot (she loves her job because she finds it a thrill. It’s also a way of getting her energy out. So is working for the resistance.)
Personality: Very kind and nice, understanding, caring, and sweet or so it appears. If you anger her in any way she can get really mad and kill. She was trained in the army and still trains. The resistsance sends her to kill guards and distract them with her beauty etc. She likes fighting and killing.
Bio: . She was trained in the army and still trains. The resistsance sends her to kill guards and distract them with her beauty etc.
Other notes: She doesn’t like guys that try to make a move too soon.

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-17-2008, 12:05 PM

Reserved

Just in case I'm forgetting something...

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-17-2008, 12:05 PM

Reserved

Just to be COMPLETELY safe; I want to make sure I have room for everything!

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-17-2008, 12:07 PM

Reserved

Last reserved post!

This thread is officially open!

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-28-2008, 11:02 PM

((Wehn do we start?))

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-28-2008, 11:34 PM

((Either as soon as I get my remaining character profiles typed (and my computer always seems to crash right when I finish! >.<;;), or when one more person joins...I'm looking for more people, but most of my friends are either not into this kind of thing, or getting lost by the complexity of it. ^^; I'm gonna TRY and get the rest up...I'm lucky I'd written one a long time ago and saved it to my computer. ^^;

And by the way, I made an OOC thread - I put the link at the bottom of the first post. :3))