chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-09-2019, 09:16 AM

hi! this used to be my mule account (on my most active account i was called siren sonder, and later changed that username to hanahaki disease).
but i've decided to use it as my main here on out. because it's an older account and reflects how long i've been a member of menewsha more honestly.

i've transferred my items from my previous main account to this one, but i'm having problems with multi-equip items. like, i click on them, and the pop-up thing with the various equip options never shows up. i'm only able to equip single-equip items. what's up with that?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-09-2019, 01:25 PM

Welcome back Starferry!

Multiequips are sadly broken right now, though if you're using Chrome or Firefox on a PC (tablets and phones don't work) you can click on the shield thingy (for Chrome at least...not sure about Firefox) in the url bar and enable unsafe scripts, which will allow you to use multiequip items again.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 04-12-2019, 10:52 PM

Welcome back to Mene! I had to click a little "i" before the address bar and then carrot over to "disable protection for now" (I've never had to be 'protected' from Menewsha in the past, pfft) to get a lot of the 'commonly broken' things like multi equip, clickable forum formatting, multi-quoting, etc to actually work.

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-13-2019, 09:36 AM

thank you so much! i was able to make an avatar with the items i've acquired

how's the roleplaying scene on here like, nowadays? i should go check out the forum but i'm going to hold out until i graduate in may. better not fall into the abyss before that

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-14-2019, 06:20 AM

I think it's still semi-active? I sometimes see people post in it in the New Posts page. I rarely roleplay on Mene so I don't check the RP forums often. Sadly most of Mene's pretty dead these days.

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-14-2019, 08:28 AM

i'm not looking for a ton of RPs but rather one or two long-term partners, so apart from being active on the RP forums i'd see if they were attached to Mene in general. i feel a bit hypocritical because that's not me but i swear it will be, once i'm not grinding through college anymore!

that's really sad but i actually see that happening with most avatar sites nowadays. so i'm disappointed but not surprised.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-14-2019, 02:22 PM

Maybe ask around in the RP forums, someone might be around and be interested :O

Yeah, though I think Mene mostly declined sharply after the server move, which sort of broke a lot of stuff around the site so people stopped coming. :(

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-14-2019, 04:54 PM

will do! i see Kat Dakuu is still around, for one, so i'll continue my old RPs with her if she's up for it! maybe i might even make a search thread, once my holidays begin

that's sad i mean they are going to be fixed though, even if it's not off the bat. and this is a chance to focus on chatting and build up gold (i looked in the known problems thread and quick reply doesn't work for some. but still.) then again maybe i'm only saying this because the marketplace doesn't work for me and that might be a good thing for me saving up, as long as it's a short-term problem which i'm sure it is.

but then again, i don't know how far back the server move was. it's just i'm sure the staff are doing their best. i get why people would leave but surely it's only until things are fixed? i hope?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-15-2019, 01:01 AM

Actually I think the problems have been around for at least a year already D: Inso kinda disappeared and no one knows where he went off to or if he's even working on the site anymore. The only time he 'shows up' is when the site goes down for some reason and he has to put it back up, which is the only thing that shows that he's even still around anymore.

The staff are doing what they can, but it's still hard since there's only so much they can do without Inso. D:

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 AM

Inso is the owner of Mene, right, if i remember correctly? so he doesn't step in to do anything except when the site experiences downtime, even though the site has many other problems?

are there no others who can do the programming part of things, among the staff? the impression i got is that most of the problems would have to be fixed by that route. but that's a stupid question because if they could, they would what about bringing someone who can fix that part of things on board? i don't suppose they can go looking for someone unless Inso agrees for it to happen.

i know there are no easy solutions and the para above might well be pointless for all i know. but... a year is a long time, even if there are no easy solutions!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-15-2019, 12:50 PM

Yeah, Inso's the owner. He did fix some stuff at the beginning after the initial server move, but kinda disappeared after a while from what I gathered.

I'm not sure about the programming/coding part. I know it's been mentioned loads of times but nothing ever really came of it. Yanyan13 (I think that was his full username) the admin was coding for the site for a while, but from what I heard Inso poached him to do other stuff off-site. I haven't seen Yan in a while.

I really hope the site'll be able to make a comeback, I've got so many good memories associated with this site it'll be really sad to see it go!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-18-2019, 03:33 AM

welcome back =]

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-20-2019, 08:35 AM

Oh, I see. I hope Yan, at least, is paid to do more stuff on site soon!
Me, too. This site is quite dear to me and I'll be very sad if it goes, especially as a lot of avatar sites have been shutting recently, one after another. </3

Thanks, Hummy! ^0^

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-20-2019, 09:06 AM

Not sure if Yan's getting paid to do the stuff, but probably! :O

It's sad that avatar sites are dying as a thing. :( To think that in another ten years or so they'll possibly be completely a thing of the past. Instagram seem to be what everyone's using these days but it just doesn't interest me as much as avatar sites. D:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-21-2019, 10:48 PM

gotta love peeps...toasted peeps!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-22-2019, 01:32 AM

I keep thinking of baby chickens whenever I see the word peeps...

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-22-2019, 01:51 PM

I'm back too! Not sure how long I've been gone, and I was never really too active here, but with two of my former avatar site homes now closed/closing, I'm determined to try and post here more.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-23-2019, 12:31 AM

I adore a toasted peep

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2019, 01:03 AM

You like toasted baby chickens?

*googles* Oh those marshmallow-like things.

Welcome back Cinderella!

chirp
Sitting on a Tree

Old 04-25-2019, 04:15 PM

Yeah, no kind of social site interests me as much as avatar sites. Maybe a livejournal-like blogging community (and I am on Dreamwidth) but even that... has got nothing on avatar sites. >.<

Welcome back, Cinderella! Oh no, it's always sad when that happens Which two avatar sites are those? Is one of them Roliana? Because that's one I most recently mourned </3

Those are both meanings of the word peep that I wasn't aware of! For me it was either onomatopeia for the sound baby birds make, or short for 'people'

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 05:50 PM

@star: Yeah, I like being able to work towards items to dress up an avi. 😊

And yep, one of them is Roli. I'm still posting over there out of nostalgia, though. I'm not ready to let it go. 😭 The other one was Ernya, which closed down unexpectedly, so that was a completely different sort of mourning process.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 04-25-2019, 06:09 PM

-stalked this thread from new posts-

omg I miss Ernya so much

I'd miss Menewsha way more, because it was my first home after Gaia, and I love the community to pieces. But I really enjoyed Ernya as well.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 09:50 PM

I miss Ernya too! I worked really hard to get so many nice items there, participated in contests, etc...and then one day it was cruelly yanked away and I don't think I'll ever truly be over it. 😭😭😭

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 04-25-2019, 10:20 PM

Yeah no I'm with you. I'm still bitter about how it ended. It was such BS

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 01:07 AM

Did Ernya suddenly close down one day with no forewarning at all? D: