hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-08-2014, 12:06 AM

MOM's

anything you want to discuss about your mom, you as a mom, mom-to-be or any mom.

i love my mother, but we have a very difficult relationship.
mostly it is me giving way to her wishes.
i wish things were easier for us.

how is your relationship with your mom?
as a mom, how is/are your relationship(s) with your child/children.
do you feel you are just like your mother?

is there a loved one, friend or someone you think is an outstanding mother?
why do you think they are so special and is there one thing you wish your mom or you were like them?

please be kind to each other

Last edited by hummy; 03-08-2014 at 12:09 AM..

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 03-08-2014, 11:27 PM

My relationship with my mom is rocky.
I am turning out like my mom, and I don't want to.
I have one son, he is two~
I'm trying to be the best mom that I can be.

I do have an idol mom, but she's an aunt who is taking care of her niece, as if she were her daughter.
She's so focused and dedicated.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-09-2014, 06:44 AM

how are you turning out like your mom, PiM!? is that a good thing or not?
i think it's so wonderful of your Aunt for raising her niece. i love when people give their heart and don't think only of themselves. *hugs*
my Godmother is the person i admire the most when it comes to mothering.
she gives her whole heart to everyone she meets and loves unconditionally.

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 03-14-2014, 03:30 PM

It's a bad thing, because she's not very good at it.
Also, I meant that she is a friend who is raising her niece.
xDD
Sorry.

I'm doing my best to raise my son to be an amazing person.
He's really smart, and he speaks two languages, Spanish and English.

MileySerious
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-18-2014, 06:48 PM

I'm pretty lucky I have a good relationship with my mom, she trusts me and respects my privacy. We used to not be that close but as I've gotten older we have.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 03-19-2014, 06:35 AM

I've never lived with my mum. She and my dad got divorced when I was really young. She needed to get her law degree and it was very hard for her. So, my grandmother stepped in to bring me up and I've lived my whole life with her and my grandfather. Despite that, my mum and I have an extremely close relationship. I didn't end up calling her mum though, I call her a short version of her name and I called my gran mummy
Anyway, I think that I've had excellent maternal influences from my mum, gran and aunt (she lives with me now), but out of all, my grandmother was the best mother I could have ever asked and just being raised by her was the greatest privilege of my life

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 03-20-2014, 04:59 PM

Potato - It's great that you get along well with your grandmother :D It would be very nice if I can understand and bear up what my own grandmother speak... >.<

My mum and I.. we're pretty smooth, I don't blabber much about me because that would end as a bad result -- I once 'accidentally' told her that I liked boys with long hair and pierced lips and the outcome = she blasted me off saying that I must be kind of crazy to like ugly boys like that and so on when she got angry - even I had forgotten that I ever said a thing like that! But then.. once out of some sudden burst of anger or something I had written 'I hate my mum' at the front page of a book and wrote some nasty things, like I feel like dying and all that, and hid it under my mattress. And maybe that day I slept crying, as always when I get scolded or something. I forgot all about the book and didn't even remember I wrote it until my mum one day decided to clean my bed and saw the book and as you can guess, she was hurt. Thinking about it still makes me cry (even as I type I'm crying) and makes me feel bad D: But the thing that touched me most was even when she was so hurt she was afraid that I was trying to suicide or cut myself and was mad at me for even thinking about it, or writing it down. The final result, she tore the page and told me in my face straight that she would keep it and on the day I marry she would thrust it on my face. For that very reason I don't want to get married, I dread the day D: And even now, while I speak normally and she replies normally too, I can still see the times she still remembers what I once did, out of sheer foolishness. I don't know when our relationship will mend, and I'm afraid to tread or take a chance too much. I know I can never make her forget what I did, but I can at least try to make her feel that I still love her, I really really love her and that what I did was wrong, and I repent for it and try to make up to it, listening to her and going according to her wishes, without much grumbling. I think it is the least I can do to her to and hope that one day, everything will return back to normal.

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 03-29-2014, 05:05 AM

My relationship with my mom used to be pretty good, but lately it's been downright bad. :( She doesn't agree with my choices and has basically abandoned me when I needed her the most, and I just have been trying to move on and try to deal with things. :( It's been hard. I hope that she'll come around, but I'm not holding my breath.

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 03-30-2014, 01:37 AM

My Mama is the sweetest woman in the world, and she works so, so hard for her family. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without her! I certainly wouldn't be the person I am today. She's very accepting of my siblings and I. When my sister came out as bisexual, she had no trouble at all accepting it. She loves her children, no matter who they become. I love my Mama!

Also, she puts up with my complaining XD

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 03-30-2014, 05:45 PM

My relationship with my mother is conflicted, to say the least. She was angry about becoming pregnant with me and had to give up her career in diplomatic service - which she never started so this point of contention always seemed bizarre to me. She went back to school before I turned 12 and I seldom saw her. Essentially, she has no clue who I am and seems annoyed that I am more like my dad whom I spent more time with growing up. She is very passive aggressive, has a tendency to ignore reality if it could cause her even minor distress, and she's a bit of a lush. Other than ALL of that she is charming and generous - but with strings attached and usually to try to do something passive aggressive against my dad. And it's been like this for a LONG time. She's in her early 70s now. I am almost 50 - so... therapy for me and I am clear about how this is about her and not me. If that makes sense.

With my kids? I am a lot more over-protective because I don't want something bad to happen to them. I gave up my career without batting an eyelash when I was told I had to stay home to take care of one or both of my kids. Not because I am altruistic, but because I do not want them to go through what I did with my mom and wind up confused. Even though we need the money, my kids need me more.

I talk to my kids and if I do something completely lame I do my best to own my mistakes. I've tried to address some of the issues with my mom, but it's like she sticks her fingers in her ears and chants "la la la" any time I've approached her gently or otherwise. And the rest of the adults from her generation in our family shush me because they don't want to upset her. She's crazy not fragile. So, yes. Issues. Lots.