shinigamikarasu
(^._.^)ノ

Penpal

Old 09-12-2013, 03:40 PM

Cherry: What a gorgeous baby! He looks like such a sweetheart. He's obviously much happier and healthier with you.

We just went and got Mickey spayed a little while ago. She's living in my brothers room now and seems to like being inside. She hasn't even tried to get out of the room. We're keeping her in there while she gets used to my other two cats. She hisses at them through the door, so we're gonna keep them separated until she gets used to the idea of living with them. I think she had to fight for food with some of the other cats around here, so she doesn't like being around them right now.

My other two cats are also rescues. I got Gizmo at the shelter when he was a kitten. He started meowing at me when I walked up to him, so I had to take him out to meet him. He ended up being pretty big for such a scrawny kitten, but he's a sweetie. My brother found Amaretto when he volunteered at the shelter for his high school community service requirement. She had been brought back by three different families for some reason. I haven't figured out why, considering she's the sweetest cat we've ever had.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 03:54 PM

strays need love
you have a wonderful heart
*hugs*
my puppie, Sashie-belle is adopted,
yuki is adopted
and wyle stole my heart at our local pet shoppe.
a lady was selling her litter for grocery monies
ALL are loved with every beat of my heart

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 05:42 PM

Hummy, what breed is sashie?

Good to know that there are people out there so willing to adopt animals :3

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Hummy, what breed is sashie?

Good to know that there are people out there so willing to adopt animals :3

Sashie-belle is a blue heeler/springer spainial mix

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 06:33 PM

Ooh, looks like a beautiful breed :)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 06:37 PM

they are beautiful and smart
i just love her

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-19-2013, 03:51 AM

My family has taken in a lot of stray cats (we'd take in more but Dad won't let us!) : Lucky and Luna our first cats were strays we took them in when I was 10 years old, a few monthes/weeks after being taken in Luna had kittens thats how we ended up with Dina, licorice, socks, and mahenna. We took in fluffy (my dads cat) when he was abandoned as a kitten, we also in 2008 or 2009 took in Charlie who was a really tiny (runt lol) abandoned kitten (he had fleas!). so half our cats were strays (I don't count luna's kittens because they were "born into captivity" ^-^ born house pets if you will..lol). Unfortunately most of them are not alive any more, we're down to licorice, socks, fluffy and charlie now :( But they are/were good cats and I love them very much. I should scan the pic of me sleeping after my 11th birthday party with the 4 kittens (luna's kittens) crashed next to me lol its cute ^-^

We have also rescued stray cats and given them to someone who found them homes, we're regular cat rescuers

Angelic Cricket
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-23-2013, 01:43 AM

We have two rescued huskies and they are just wonderful. The younger one, Mischa, is a little on the crazy side though. Just a pup though.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 09-23-2013, 02:41 AM

My newest roomie (a lovely little kitten that I've named Apollo) was snagged from the local MSPCA. I'm always one for encouraging folks to go to a local shelter when they're looking for a new pet. Not only does it generally guarantee that they've already been spayed/neutered but, in the case of kill shelters, you're saving a life.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-23-2013, 12:58 PM

beautiful heart, Seri!

Emo Teddy
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-28-2013, 05:03 AM

When I was younger we found a black rabbit in the playground of our street, it was quite domesticated and since we bred rabbits we took it in. Basically it gave birth then escaped and ran away. Pretty intense, I don't remember if it was already pregnant or mated with our others but at least one of it's children lived, until we ate it of course.

We've also took in a couple of natives (Australian) that have been injured or abandoned or are just in the wrong place. We've kept mainly for a short time, like overnight or a couple of hours until we've given to wildlife vet: a newborn possum fallen from a tree and abandoned and an echidna that wondered on to the road. We also housed a young lorikeet that broke it's wing flying into our window, down into a tree and on to the ground. Sadly I witnessed it, we got to keep it for ages, we feed it gave it toys talked to all the time, but since our home was also half a workplace the health officers said we had to get rid of it. A lot of wildlife likes to chill in our backyard like blue tongues and water dragons.

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 09-29-2013, 06:38 AM

My boyfriend recently offered a stray kitten he had found (he doesn't like cats and knows I do but I don't live in a house compatible for keeping a cat in). I had to turn it down being that I just don't feel like paying the money that would need to go into the flea stuff, getting fixed, shots... I took in a stray years ago. It was a big dent in my wallet and the cat didn't even turn out to be that good of a cat.

The next cat I'm getting, I want to make sure it'll be from an adoption center. I do feel bad for strays, I really do, but it's a hassle to take care of them suddenly once you take them in if you don't have the money or home for it.

Pink-White-Chocolate
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-30-2013, 03:40 PM

I have. My cat was a stray I don't know how many years ago. 5 or more I think.
She was living under one of my neighbors RV.
My little sister sat outside with tuna and milk for hours in order to get her inside.

Hirondelle
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-03-2013, 11:30 PM

We had a pregnant cat that took residence in our back porch and later one had shown us her three adorable kittens. We fed it with some of either the dog's food, some meat that was about to spoil and I think we even gave her tuna once. I was tempted to adopt her but she was mean to my dog and my dad's allergic. So no cats for Hirondelle!

RoseRain

Old 11-23-2013, 04:07 AM

I adopted my cat from a humane animal shelter a few years ago, and I couldn't have been happier with my decision! She is one of the sweetest, most affectionate cats I know. She was a stray too. It really annoys me how some people aren't willing to get their pets spayed or neutered, when we already have a pet overpopulation problem. :(
My heart breaks whenever I see a stray cat or dog. T.T

kan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-03-2014, 05:13 AM

Aww! So adorable ;v;
Ahah I adopted a stray dog about six months ago uvu he [the dog] was walking around the parking lot of like winco or something and my dad coaxed him over to the car. He was pretty thin and his coat wasnt looking very healthy (it was matted) and the dog being a border collie mix and having long fur...yeah matting wasnt good :c

we were surprised that he was really good with our other animals and he seemed to be housetrained and everything? aaah it was really cool ;u;