Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 10-16-2013, 03:11 AM

I always seem to be about one year off in my internal fashion clock. I get a yen, find what I want, only to discover to that item, and ones like it, are no longer available. This is my spot to bemoan the items I lost, and to reflect on their beauty.

But it's also *secretly* a place where you can tell me you've seen a similar item somewhere, or even to tell me you've spotted my coveted item up for sale. That's hardly a requirement, though. I'm happy to have you here to inspire and conspire with me about garments

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 10-16-2013 at 03:28 AM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-16-2013, 03:28 AM

this blazer, from River Island

this blouse, from Romwe

this sweatshirt, from Tee and Cake/Topshop

This dress thing, from Romwe

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 10-16-2013 at 06:33 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-16-2013, 11:48 PM

Oh my gosh, the sweatshirt.

Biggles, you know I've spent the last - ... year? Two years? Decade? Who knows - trying to find the boots you wanted. So rest assured that I will keep my eyes out for such things.

As for the things from Romwe, I can say that Romwe makes a lot of products that are similar to each other. They're super repetitive. So even if they no longer carry the exact thing you want, they'll probably carry something very similar soon.

They've actually got a number of floral tapestry-like blazers that might be to your tastes.

And since I was looking at their stuff, I now know what I'm buying with my first paycheck.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-17-2013, 03:01 AM

Ha, that's a great sweatshirt, I'm tempted too.
As for the floral patterning, sadly I'm very picky. That balzer, when modeled by various young women with blogs, looked very pre-raphaelite, and you know me, that's a linchpin sort of thing.

But, and this should be said repeatedly, you are so sweet helping me out like you do. Thanks :)

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-17-2013, 03:29 AM

It's definitely nicer looking than the ones at Romwe, so I understand. I found a few things that were vaguely similar to your other items, but none had that certain flare to them, so I didn't bother linking.

Maybe? Ah? Eh? Ahh? Ooh?

Here's the actual thing on Ebay, but I think in a very large size? Not sure on UK sizing.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 10-17-2013 at 03:38 AM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-17-2013, 03:52 AM

THAT'S LIKE A SIZE EIGHT IT'S MY SIZEEEE.
I looked there yesterday and didn't see it.
You are my lucky charm.
It only ships to the UK, but I'll ask if they will consider shipping to the US.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-17-2013, 04:18 AM

Yay, I'm glad it's the right size! Maybe you have a friend in England who could receive the package on your behalf and send it along to you if you reimbursed them for the shipping?

So far I've had no luck with the sweatshirt or blouse. The blouse will be really hard to find, since "woman print blouse" just brings up printed blouses for women. And a reverse image search was completely unhelpful. The green dress, though, is generic enough (in a way - no crazy prints or something) that it should be pretty easy to find an approximation of.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-17-2013, 04:30 AM

It ships to Scotland, so I could ask Kat, but that seems clumsy, what would I give her for surety?
I love the triple collar on the green dress, so that might be what I have to look for.
Yeah, I searched woman print blouse several times. I think that might be lily elsie, so I could search that...
Edit: Or maybe not, It's just a very popular look from that period.

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 10-17-2013 at 04:37 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-17-2013, 04:39 AM

As for the sweatshirt... I feel like the place you're most likely to find something with a cheeky old-encyclopedia-style illustration of fictional animals would be threadless. Threadless also has this, which is relevant to nothing except your interests.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-17-2013, 05:02 AM

That's cute
Though I really like this one, from etsy:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 AM

That's nice! Shame it's not on a nicer shirt, though. Looks like the standard super thick, super boxy tee. I hate those.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-17-2013, 07:25 AM

I find a lot of these things on svpply, which only further confuses me, because they could have been posted any any time.

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 10-18-2013 at 01:25 AM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-18-2013, 01:31 AM

Ah well, I asked and they aren't able to ship to the US. Besides, there are already four bids on it, and I don't want to get into that mess.
I'm adding another thing that's sold out:

these pheasant socks from topshop.
sigh.

I found a bag you might like, Cherry:

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 10-18-2013, 04:22 AM

I love those socks!!
Let me be-moan with you, because there is so much I want to be able to wear but I spend all my time in work uniforms so I never buy things when I see them because I don't think I'll ever have time to wear them. (that and things have to be tailored to fit right and ugh who has time to get things tailored)

but look at these jackets!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-18-2013, 05:19 AM

Biggles, allow me to recommend Sock Dreams. None of their products are similar in a literal way to those socks, but they fall into a similar taste schema.

I'm so confused by what that bag is trying to tell me.

Here's something I recently missed out on:

It was just a super cheap dress at walmart. But I loved the mint color, the cute but casual look (I like fancier dresses, but I find them hard to wear without an occasion), the fit and flare style, and the fact that it was sleeveless. I imagined it done up in so many different ways, but now the only size it's left in is XL.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-19-2013, 12:26 AM

Just gain weight, Cherry.

I love interesting collars, Longcat Those are pretty great.

Socks By Sock Dreams » Socks » Sock It To Me < ah yes, I own a lot of sock it too me socks. Except those Eye of Horus ones, holy hell, me gusta. They do tend to wear at the toe and get holes though. though maybe it's just my feet pushing them to their breaking point. They're finely wrought and narrow, but long.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-19-2013, 12:51 AM

Oh, that's sad. I hate when socks get holes. I recently discovered that this farm/rural supply store sells very nice socks with cute patterns for less than a dollar a pair. They're thick enough that they don't wear out easily. I'm not going to find anything particularly quirky there, but I can get stock up on argyles and stripes and be happy.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-21-2013, 12:25 AM

Okay, since we've discussed ebay, might as well bring it up. Do you have trouble with ebay displaying all the results they say they've found for a search? Like I just searched now, and it said I had 28 results. But it only shows ten. No other pages to navigate to either. This happens all the time for me, with different browsers, different computers... And it is incredibly frustrating.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 10-21-2013, 02:16 AM

Try an international ebay view? that helped me when it came to text books.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-21-2013, 04:02 AM

you mean worldwide search variation? I almost always use that.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-22-2013, 05:17 AM

Hmm, I've actually never paid attention to the number it displayed for the search results, so I couldn't say if I'm also having that problem. Tell me what your search is, and I'll do it too and see if I get the same issue.

What it could possibly be is recently ended listings? Like the system still reads them as results it should show you so it includes them in the count, but then doesn't actually show you them because they've expired. But if it continues doing that for days, that wouldn't really explain it.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-23-2013, 04:21 AM

I don't know if recent ending could be the issue. I mean sometimes well over half the results don't show up. Could that many really have ended recently? And if they are holdovers from longer back, than ebay is doing a crappy job of keeping their website in order.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-25-2013, 07:41 AM

THE BLAZER AUCTION ENDED, DID YOU GET IT?

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-25-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
Ah well, I asked and they aren't able to ship to the US. Besides, there are already four bids on it, and I don't want to get into that mess.
Ner. I feel like that sounds more like a negative when spoken. Neeer.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-25-2013, 09:23 PM

Well, I thought you might have found someone to accept it on your behalf and pass it along to you.

ANYWAY. Here's another one, worldwide shipping, and a buy it now option, so no bidding hassles! Twenty pounds. Possibly the wrong size, though? Not sure.