Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 03:17 AM

I am completely obsessed with the Kpop girl group Blackpink. They've only had 5 songs released in the last year (I guess that's a lot, but they usually do 2 at a time so it doesn't count) but they are my favorite Asian group since 2NE1! I don't know why, but they haven't had a physical CD release in Korea. I had to buy the Japanese mini album, which has all 5 tracks in their original Korean but also in Japanese.

The Jrock group Glay is releasing a new album soon, I think. I follow them on Twitter and they keep posting about an album anthology or something. I can't read Japanese so I don't know what they're saying, but they post a lot so I think something amazing is going on! lol

And I was lucky enough to see Miyavi on tour this past summer. He is beyond beautiful! His new album isn't my favorite, though. It's mostly other people singing while he plays guitar, so during his concert he played his guitar and lip-synced to other people. It was kind of weird but I was really close to him so I was happy.

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 11-09-2018 at 07:53 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2017, 12:13 AM

I think of all the newer girl groups, Blackpink is one of my favorite. However, my earlier dislike of Twice is really fading to the point that I own all their title tracks. I can't help it, they just make me want to dance so I think I like them more now? I really like Blackpink's voices though and I never liked 2NE1 in the slightest. Not a single song. So it really is just the way Blackpink sounds that gets me. My roommate doesn't like them much though and she liked 2NE1 when she first got into kpop. *shrug* It's rather confusing what we like and don't like.

Vixx is my favorite group though with Monsta X coming in second. I've seen Shinee in concert and that was one of the most amazing things I've done. I own at least 20 kpop albums and various merch.

It's amazing that you got to see Miyavi though. I was rather into him years ago. I kinda fell out of jrock when I got into kpop, but I liked Versailles, the Gazette, and groups like that. I still listen to the music every now and then. I'm kinda back into metal first the first time in a while so mad guitar skilz and such are interesting again.