Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:12 PM

Dear not a journal,
Day one, I want to become a dog walker in the big city of Menewasha. I've decided to leave the town of Franklin Point and go east to start my new business! Watch out! I'm on a mission!

I've just finished packing my things and my mother offered for me to live in the guest house, for free! She wanted to spring it on me as a surprise. I think it's a kind of like a trap. If I stay here I'll never accomplish my dream!

My last steps out of town I made slowly. I climbed my favorite tree just on the outskirts of town. Before I make this sojourn I think I'll go visit Mrs. Hufleeke. It was all her puppies that inspired my move. I love those dogs. I wonder what happened to her husband. When I was younger some of the neighborhood kids said her dogs ate him.

It's almost lunch time and I feel like I've gotten nowhere. I picked some wild berries while I watched some bunnies playing. I love to spy on fuzzy forest creatures. They ate berries right out of my hand!

Sanctuary seems to be hard to come by. I've been roaming though the forest - heading dead east. I'm pretty sure I am damn lost. I miss my mom's meatloaf and twice baked potato.

Her cottage looked delicious! I had to ask for directions... it was the only place I saw! Besides I have some, hocus-pocus up my sleave, just in case. No girl leaves home without protection. Ha! Anyway, she asked me to stay the night. She just wanted me to start a conflagration in the fireplace. We ate supper and I went to a bedroom she provided. I heard something... What was that noise!?

Ha! So, I'm still saying to myself 'OMG, is that a llama!' Her pet llama had broken into the house! I thought maybe she had been trying to bambozzle me. It's almost time for bed. The llama got into my satchel and ate my second journal. Oh wel, I've got another one. This one!

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 11-04-2011, 01:24 AM

Dear not a journal,
It's day two of my trip. I have to get out of this forest. I felt safer because it was closer to home, but I don't think I can go on, I'm afraid of the dark. I think part of my journey is going to be partial by train. I'd better get going.

As I collected my luggage to leave the old woman who lives here put a rose on my case. She needed water so I brought her some from her Well. I figures after all she had done for me, why not?! She told me it would help me.

I can hear the trains in the station, I've had to sit and rest a bit. I'm still so close to home but so far away. I was laying on this grassy hill looking up at the clouds. I thought I saw a llama in the clouds, but it's neck was elongated so I called it a giraffe. They just kept changing after that - moving. I'd blink and tell myself, "It was here a moment ago, I know it was!" and find another shape. I've never been to Menewasha, I hope they have a fantastic view of the sky.

The train bell is like a beacon. It's calling me to my dream. I've been running around with ideas and hopes, everything was always so arbitrary, but now I'm doing it! I'm really doing it! This train station is so loud. I'm just waiting, writing, trying to remember everything. The train is only going to take me a quarter of the way, but at least it's a bit more, a bit closer. People are bustling around, "Excuse me, could you tell me where I could find a pig, please?", "Prepare the table", We'll just leave you here!" None of these people know I'm listening, or maybe they all do - that's why they are talking so loud.

Lunch is turkey noodle casserole, lemon-lime pop, an apple and custard. The person I'm siting next to almost spilled their beverage all over me but I saw it falling as the attendant was handing it over and I caught it just in time! WOAH! That was close!

I decided to go to the club car, on my way over there was a child crying in the middle of the hallway. She had misplaced her favorite teddy bear. I helped the little thing find it, I'm not sure family bathrooms are great places for a bear cave. :)

Dinner was beef stroganoff. I'm pretty sure it had mushrooms even though I asked for none because my throat is swelling up. I'm allergic to them! Why can't people follow directions! I'm going to find a doctor.

I tried to tell the doctor, "Hmm, I appear to have gone blind..." but she didn't want to believe me until I got up- fell down and another attendant had to help me up. The doctor took a sponge and started to explain to me something about it's magical porous nature, dipped in lemonade and the acidic nature of it gave a sporadic reaction. I tried to remember it all so I could write it all here, but I just can't remember it all. Although next time I have an allergic reaction now I know what to use to counteract it - You learn something new every day!

I was finally getting ready for bed and I discovered something in my luggage! There was a hole in the lining. Where did that hole come from! But I looked and I found a feather in it! It's bright pink and changes color where ever I touch it. I wonder if that kind old lady put it there?! I'm turning it in my other hand as I write. I've lit the fire for the mini fireplace in our cabin ~ I love trains. It's time for bed.

Last edited by Fauxreal; 11-04-2011 at 04:42 AM..

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 11-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Dear not a journal,
This is the third day of my adventure. I woke early enough to see the train just pass the Waterfall Anything on the island. It was named that because when people started making wishes in the pond below it's waters, nearly anything could happen. A girl wished for a puppy and got a poisonous snake. After that I brushed my teeth and went for breakfast. The coffee on this island is brilliant. I think it's the water being purified by all that volcanic rock. I met the most adorable older couple. They had both been married before, I wish I could be that happy one day. Granted, I hope I end up with a man, these two women were happily knitting together, sharing each others yarn - then they kissed.

It's starting to storm, when the barometric pressure goes up I always get a headache. I'm debating combating it with caffeine or sleep? I might have to go lay down. Oh, I heard the thunder starting. and I feel the train stopping. I think I'll go see what's going on.

There has been a murder on the train! I guess I'm more of a gawker than I thought. Although - I'm a suspect. Everyone on the train is! The inspector thinks it happened when we rode through Catacombs Del Bacardi.

They found a knife in a compartment roof tile of a divorced gentleman. And considering the person that died was his wife's new husband, he's been taken into custody. He just kept yelling "How did that get up there!?" "I'm innocent!"

Lunch was that beef stroganoff again, I didn't want to risk a mushroom allergy attack again, so I said 'Oh, well thank you very much! I'm so sorry! Get that thing away from me!' It seems like someone is trying to kill me!

Every one is pretty shook up about the murder. It apparently happened in the cargo room, but the knife came from the kitchen. Only staff is allowed back in either place.
I tried to go back to the cargo room. They didn't even have it roped off? I started snooping around. And there was a box of balloons I opened. All of them floated up except for one balloon. Of course I said to myself 'I wonder what will happen if I poke this.' It popped! It scared me! Oh did I mention there was a bloody ice pick in side of it! I went to go find the inspector and he didn't look to happy. They kept the man in custody though.

I went to the man's compartment and did more snooping. I feel like Jessica Fletcher in Murder She Wrote! Well... I found an engagement ring! It's so small but precious! He was going to propose to someone... I have to try to talk to him....

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 11-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Dear Not a journal,
This has been crazy trip. Day four is going to be amazing! I'm going to find out who the real killer is before we stop.

This morning I went to go talk to the accused. Everything went better than expected. The inspector had gone to breakfast with the widow. He told me his name was Steve, he told me he was traveling to propose to his new girlfriend. Both he and his ex-wife, Vanessa, had parted amicably. He also pointed out, her getting remarried was a light at the end of the tunnel for him. He wouldn't have to pay alimony, thus he saved enough to buy the ring I had found.

I went to go talk to the Inspector again, but he wasn't in his room. I sort of thought I'd worm my way into his room. I just wanted to see his notes. I picked the lock and walked into the darkness. His room was like an obstacle course! The inspector has been given a larger stateroom after he apprehended Steve. In the dark I could barely make out the table near the window. His curtains were drawn. There were pages of notes there... about Vanessa. And photos...so many photos. I sneaked back out. I have to say something.

For lunch I wolfed down my sandwich and went to go see if I could talk to Steve again. Unfortunately the inspector was there. I can try dinner time I suppose.

Dinner came and he was still guarding Steve. I told him Vanessa had thought someone had stolen he favorite hat. He ran over to her room so I was able to tell Steve what I found. We figured the only thing we could really do was wait till we stop and tell the sheriff.

Once we stopped I went strait to the sheriff that picked up Steve and let him know what I found. Who knew I was such a good snoop and could help solve a murder! Aww yeaa! When the cops search the inspectors suitcases they found all the notes and pictures of Vanessa. The inspector had been stalking her and used this trip to kill her new husband and get close enough to her, so she would fall in love with him. I think this was an explosive ride. Maybe I'll just walk the coast for a while.

The beach is nice for dinner. I'm on a hilltop of grass and sand. This really is not bad. I'll do a bit more walking before the night comes.

I seem to be at one of the tributaries of the bay? Walking around it would be ridiculous. I'll just have to get myself across somehow. That's right! Challenge accepted.

I stubbed my damn toe trying to make a little raft. It's all finished but right as I was pushing the driftwood raft out - I banged my foot. All right. Back up! I have to go! And hopefully I don't get attacked by marauding pirates.

I'm in a forest hollow of some kind. You will never believe what I found, it was actually how I found a baby goat. The little bit had a broken leg, so I took my emergency kit out of my bag and fixed him up. What a cute little guy.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 PM

Dear crazy not journal,
It's day five and I have a baby goat following me around. And this morning looks like there is going to be a rainstorm. I wonder if I should have brought an umbrella. I should get out of this forest and find a farm to wait.... omg - I hear something growling. I have to go hide!

I'm a dork. Nothing was growling, I thought it was wolf! I ran out so fast I left my hat in the clearing and now I can't find it. When you are in a strange bit of woods your mind plays tricks on you. I guess I better keep going.

There seems to be a farm just on the other side of this clearing I think I'm going to go knock and see if they are the ones missing a little goat!

Well, the family who lives here are kooky. Thankfully not creepy. Farmer Dad, Housewife/gardener mom. Older son, younger daughter, and a fuzzy mutt. (I asked if they wanted me to walk it - but they declined... is it a sign?!) They offered me coffee and pie. June, the mom, told me about her how she grows onions, (and her prize winning onion,) tomatoes, carrots, green peppers, all prize winning. I asked about the goat and it's not their goat? I asked about other farms in the area and they didn't know. Maybe I should just keep him. they told me if I go north I'll hit swamp, south is obviously water. I guess I'm still walking east!

I got stung by a bee. Ow, that stings! Why does this stuff happen to me!? The farmer family gave me a little cart, No, that's not right. It's more like a little red wagon. I put my little goat in it. He's a cute little companion. I should name him. I guess he's mine now?

You'd think they would mention the fall at the edge of their property! I slipped and almost fell I don't know how many feet! If Coal hadn't tried to jump out of the wagon I wouldn't have turned and been saved. Oh yah - I named my new baby Coal.

We walked down the ravine a bit and it looked liked the moon is coming up. We have to find shelter somewhere.

We found an old mine. I think it might be a smuggler hide-out! There is some old C4 here. I hope this doesn't blow up! I went looking for some treasure. Hey why not right?! I did some digging around and I found a little collection of glass figures! There was a fairy, a dwarf, a dragon and koi fish. One for every element. Air, earth, fire, water.

I think all this is a sign. I don't think I'm suppose to walk dogs when I get to Menewasha. I'm suppose to do something more! The elements. Helping my little friend. I'm feeling very sleepy. Maybe I should dig. Just a little bit more...

Last edited by Fauxreal; 11-07-2011 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: Only edited to separate posts.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 11-07-2011, 08:09 PM

Dear not journal,
I wonder if by day six I'm getting close. We rolled down the rest of the ravine without breaking a wheel. We kept going down the coast. We past farms and farmers, one farmer was wearing a turnip on his head. It seems like we are coming up to a town, I can see it in the distance. *yay!*

What a strange village. It seems like everyone is outside? Everyone! Kids, old persons, bakers, candlestick makers. They are sort of looking at me, at least it feels that way. What they've never seen a girl dragging a little cart with a goat in it before?

So as soon as I stepped ten step from the village I rolled over a rock and DID break a wheel on our wagon. I'm going to have to go back to that town.

Okay so the minute I get back everyone is gone. I walked over to the blacksmith and he... knew I was coming - he told me to go to the woodsmith. The woodsmith had a new wheel waiting for me. He told me I would be looking for a lion. When I left Coal was gone! I can't believe in let him our of my sight in this weirdo town! I'm so mad at myself! I turn and the woodsman's door was locked! I have to find my goat and - try not to get eaten by a lion!

I found a lion but it's stuffed. It's in the window of the local fortune teller. It was wearing a chihuahua as a hat. That's the oddest thing I ever saw! Especially when it, the chihuahua, got up and motioned me inside.

What am I doing?! I'm just outside of the town again, burying eggs. That's what the fortune teller said to do, so know I have egg in one hand and a shovel in the other. I feel like an idiot. A complete idiot. I see the kids of the town laughing at me. Although they might have been laughing because I sidestepped into some cow dung. *ARG*!

Wait wait - now she wants me to dig them all up. All I want is my goat back. I hadn't thought of that. What if she's just even have him!

I had to try, I want Coal back and usually fortune tellers know what they are doing. So I did dig them up out of the ground where I buried them and the first egg had turned into a crystal, a marvelous shiny crystal. All of them were. Different colors, shapes, sizes. They all changed.

It's been a long day. What did the fortune teller tell me? I'm meant for magic. I have to find out what kind for myself. I tried to cook dinner by magic and all I ended up get was, Damn, it's burned! Coal and I ate it anyway. It turns out everyone in that town is a fortune teller of some kind. I thought maybe since I found that town maybe I was suppose to stay there, but she told me "Please don't do that. You have a calling and it's not here. Go look for your magic." So - Coal and I are looking for our magic on our way to Menewasha.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 AM

Dear not journal,
I can feel it! Coal and I are almost there! I'm so happy! I heard this song once, a man sung it to a pig, so I sung it to my baby goat.
Quote:
If I had words to make a day for you
I'd sing you a morning, golden and new
He seemed to like it a lot. I'm going to love singing to my new friend.

It seems like we have been walking along this coast forever. It's a beautiful beach but I'm so ready to be in the city! I'll still see blue, it's a port! We are running out of food, I gave the last bit of my bread to Coal. He eats everything! I think we'll get to the farms around Menewsha soon enough here.

I past the first farm! Finally! I'm starving.

I heard piano playing inside the house, it wasn't very good. This older couple Marv and Mary, are raising their grandson Frankie. Thankfully I know some piano, I offered a class to their grandson for lunch. Fried sausage, eggs, biscuits. For a piano lesson! I told them I'd be living in Menewsha from now on, to look me up and I'd trade lunch for lessons anytime!

I wanted to write down my reaction to finally being outside the gates of Menewsha! I can see the edifice of City Hall, maybe I'll get to meet Lucien Theo Macen St. Paul, Mr Mayor! I heard he's an excellent ballroom dancer! I have a fever and the only prescription is more Mene! I'd love to meet Lise, I heard she reads fortunes. That sounds right up my alley. I want to shop in Quercus Magus, especially considering I was suppose to be born with wings! At least I think so. Here we go!

Talking to a townsperson I found out were an apartment for rent was in the middle of town.

Here I am! in my new apartment! There is a little shop underneath that is also for rent, and my neighbor is Saravi Boo! I knew her back home and she came to live here too! Now I can get those gloves back from her that she borrowed from me.

I went to go visit her - we hugged and starting talking, she didn't believe my stories of what happened, "Yeah, sure... What do you take me for!?" was her exact response. I guess you can't make people believe you. She has a pet turtle, I said Coal and her turtle could play together! Then we came back here and she saw my crystals and statues, I told her please be careful with that. Suddenly she believed my story.

Okay Faux, we should arrange for your journey home!, she was playing around - to which I said - I am home.