Serenna
~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-14-2009, 02:43 AM

and now, as they have moved my other thread about random stuff, in which we were having a discussion about monty python and quoting, i decided to make a monty python thread! :squee:
u guys should post the following:
~quotes~ quotes are nice :)
and...
VIDEOS =O
nvm link the video keeps disappearing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMxWL...eature=related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod Staff
Please remember that all copied material must be put within quote tabs, as you are not allowed to earn gold from something not originally written by yourself.

The quote tabs are these guys. ---> [quote]QUOTE HERE[/quote]

Thank you.

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-14-2009 at 11:29 PM..

Talentless_Muse
Ore hero da!

Old 11-14-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
"And there was much rejoicing."

Last edited by Sally Sinema; 11-14-2009 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: added quotes

Serenna
~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-14-2009, 04:35 AM

lolz yeah...good times:yumeh1:

Lusalma
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-14-2009, 09:33 PM

A memorable quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
From the website: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071853/quotes
And we chose the Holy Grail because it was the most common and the most known...:vicky:

Quote:
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Who goes there?
King Arthur: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Pull the other one!
King Arthur: I am, and this is my trusty servant Patsy. We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court at Camelot. I must speak with your lord and master.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? Ridden on a horse?
King Arthur: Yes!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You're using coconuts!
King Arthur: What?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.
King Arthur: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercia, through...
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Where'd you get the coconuts?
King Arthur: We found them.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
King Arthur: What do you mean?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Well, this is a temperate zone
King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
King Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
King Arthur: Please!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Am I right?

Last edited by Lusalma; 11-15-2009 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: Adding Quote Tabs

Kimiko Masuyo

Old 11-14-2009, 10:38 PM

Monty Python and the Holy Grail quote:

Quote:
King Arthur: You fight with the strength of many men, Sir Knight.
[the Black Knight doesn't respond]
King Arthur: I am Arthur, King of the Britons.
[no response]
King Arthur: I seek the bravest and the finest knights in the land who will join me in my court at Camelot.
[no response]
King Arthur: You have proved yourself worthy. Will you join me?
[no response]
King Arthur: You make me sad. So be it. Come, Patsy!
[attempts to get around the Black Knight]
Black Knight: None shall pass.
Black Knight: None shall pass!
King Arthur: I have no quarrel with you, good Sir Knight. But I must cross this bridge.
Black Knight: Then you shall die.
King Arthur: I command you, as King of the Britons, to stand aside!
Black Knight: I move for no man.
King Arthur: So be it!
[they fight until Arthur cuts off Black Knight's left arm]
King Arthur: Now, stand aside, worthy adversary!
Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch!
King Arthur: A scratch? Your arm's off!
Black Knight: No, it isn't!
King Arthur: Well, what's that then?
King Arthur: I've had worse.
King Arthur: You liar!
Black Knight: Come on, you pansy!
[they fight again. Arthur cuts off the Knight's right arm]
King Arthur: Victory is mine!
[kneels to pray]
King Arthur: We thank thee, Lord, that in thy mercy -
[cut off by the Knight kicking him]
Black Knight: Come on, then.
Black Knight: Have at you!
King Arthur: You are indeed brave, Sir Knight, but the fight is mine!
Black Knight: Oh, had enough, eh?
King Arthur: Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left!

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-14-2009 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Adding Quote Tabs

Serenna
~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-15-2009, 02:30 AM

LOLZ yeah...:rofl::mrgreen::rofl:
good times...best movie EVER =3

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 11-15-2009, 12:33 PM

I hate to be a snob, but have any of you even seen any Python material other than Holy Grail?

TheYaoiButterfly
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to TheYaoiButterfly Send a message via Yahoo to TheYaoiButterfly

Old 11-16-2009, 01:29 PM

@Kinmotsu: I have! I've seen their two other movies (Life of Bryon and The Meaning of Life) and I've seen some of Flying Circus...I haven't had the opportunity to see a whole lot of the tv series, but the episodes I have seen are hilarious.

Serenna
~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-17-2009, 02:40 AM

Yeah...and i saw something completely different too :yumeh2:

Spitfire65745
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-17-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Sir Lancelot: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.
Sir Galahad: I don't think I was.
Sir Lancelot: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.
Sir Galahad: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.
Sir Lancelot: No, it's too perilous.
Sir Galahad: Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.
Sir Lancelot: No, we've got to find the Holy Grail. Come on.
Sir Galahad: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?
Sir Lancelot: No. It's unhealthy.
Sir Galahad: I bet you're gay.
Sir Lancelot: Am not.
and my other favorite

Quote:
King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Serenna
~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-17-2009, 10:03 PM

yeah those two were hilarious my government teacher actually showed the second one in class >.<

CuriousCat
Curiosity Killed The Cat...

Old 11-18-2009, 06:53 PM

My favourite bit of The Quest for the Holy Grail was the white rabbit bit I think. It's the first thing I can remember off the top of my head, closely followed by swallows, coconuts and knights who say "Ni." I'm a bit surprised I like that bit because I'm not usually one to like gore. Monty Python cracks me up and freaks me out at the same time, so I can't get enough of it.

Out of the Life of Brian, I have many favourite moments but the best bit for me has to be the song at the end. :D

I love the dead parrot sketch too from their TV stuff XD I can't remember much more of their TV things though because I've only seen highlights. I should borrow my dad's DVDs of them sometime I suppose.

Spitfire65745
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-18-2009, 10:47 PM

Last weekend my mom, friend and I went to the Renaissance Festival we have each year here and not only were there a bunch of men dressed in monks waking themselves with bibles, but they also stopped and did the entire hole hand grenade montage haha!

Serenna
~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-20-2009, 10:44 PM

lol nice >.<

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-24-2009, 02:23 AM

Life of Bryan...the Holy Grail? GENIUS!

Porkbackfat
Salty and Satisfying!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinmotsu View Post
I hate to be a snob, but have any of you even seen any Python material other than Holy Grail?
I have long since completed the Flying Circus series, all of the movies and even ventured into the stage performance, Spamalot. ^_^

Of the movies though Holy Grail is my favorite. Meaning of Life is a close second.
My favorite sketch from the Flying Circus is The Spanish Inquisition. :heart:

A few of my favorite scenes:

OK I need to stop of I will be here forever. The Monty Python comedy troupe is nothing short of pure comedic genius. :heart:

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 11-25-2009, 11:22 AM

Kudos for exploding penguin. That's probably my favorite Python sketch of all time, though I'm not entirely sure why.

Sixkiller
*^_^*

Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM

I have noticed people ask me about "that Monty Python movie" to which I have to reply, "Which one?" :P
Probably my favorite MP sketch was the Piranha Brothers sketch
Quote:
Well one day I was at home threatening the kids when I looks out through the hole in the wall and sees this tank pull up and out gets one of Dinsdale's boys, so he comes in nice and friendly and says Dinsdale wants to have a word with me, so he chains me to the back of the tank and takes me for a scrape round to Dinsdale's place and Dinsdale's there in the conversation pit with Doug and Charles Paisley, the baby crusher, and two film producers and a man they called 'Kierkegaard', who just sat there biting the heads of whippets and Dinsdale says 'I hear you've been a naughty boy Clement' and he splits me nostrils open and saws me leg off and pulls me liver out and I tell him my name's not Clement and then... he loses his temper and nails me head to the floor.
Piranha Brothers Part 1
Piranha Brothers Part 2

Porkbackfat
Salty and Satisfying!

Old 11-25-2009, 08:13 PM

The Pirahna Brothers are pretty awesome as well (as if any of their work isn't hahaha) =D

One of my favorite scenes from that sketch:

Quote:
Interviewer: Vince, after he nailed your head to the floor, did you ever see him again
Vince: Yeah.....after that I used to go round his flat every Sunday lunchtime to apologize and we'd shake hands and then he'd nail my head to the floor
Interviewer: Every Sunday?
Vince: Yeah but he was very reasonable. Once, one Sunday, when my parents were coming round for tea I asked him if he'd mind very much not nailing my head to the floor that week and he agreed and just screwed my pelvis to a cake stand.

The Roze
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-27-2009, 05:30 PM

I have always loved the Spanish Inquisition (the sketch, that is, not the real thing), because one of the sayings my dad often uses is "I didn't expect a Spanish Inquisition!". Whenever he says that I instantly start quoting the sketch

djiinraidinnae
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-02-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay~
I've had random Monty Python stuff stuck in my head since I've been playing Lands of Hope and found out that in that game you can harvest organs from enemy races of people. o.o All I can think of is The Meaning of Life... and you don't kill them and then take the organs, they die as a result. XD (if you're curious, the link is in my sig. Not many people know of this game.)