Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 05:36 PM

Hello thread.

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Amane: I feel the same way. Cx What's your favorite series?

Cookie: Haha! XD I got on anime and mana binges like that! Although, now I'm trying to catch up on The Walking Dead before the season premiere tonight

Ava: It's totally worth it. :)

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-12-2017, 05:37 PM

They have reruns on all day, and when a new episode comes out, it's on twice that night. If you miss something, you might be able to catch it tomorrow. If you don't catch it tomorrow, you will most certainly catch it some other time. Just keep watching and waiting.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-12-2017, 05:41 PM

Hey Kirin.

I just sort of gave up on the Walking Dead. It was hard for me to get time with the actual television because someone was always using it and I just didn't care enough to stream it somewhere. I'm really lazy when it comes to watching anything but anime. But even then ,there are a bunch of shows that I really want to see that I just keep putting off and not watching, even though they're all out in their entirety. I'm just a master procrastinator!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-12-2017, 05:42 PM

Oh, I can't pick a favorite series. I like everything I watch for its own reason, and I can't rank one above the other.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 05:43 PM

I have been binging Grimm on Amazon Prime. Mom and I watch This is Us.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-12-2017, 05:44 PM

Amazon Prime and Netflix series. Another frontier I would wander. Doesn't Hulu have some, too?

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2017, 05:47 PM

I have a really hard time watching TV, because I get distracted easily (I have ADHD) - so Netflix is a godsend because I can pause it, do something else, and come back to the show when I'm ready.

Also - the subtitles really help me focus. Which is why I exclusively watch anime subs. Not to be snobby (though English voices tend to give me secondhand embarrassment).

Manga is fantastic.... I can read through a ton of books on manga fox when I hyperfocus and start a good series.

Reading books is harder, as I don't have a good medium to read them, and getting to the library is harder in the winter. But fanfic sustains me. And I mean, some fanfic is 50K+ and so well written it might as well be a novel. ^^

But yes.... If you liked the lego movie - Lego Batman was a good spin off. If you're a batman fan, you'll enjoy it! If you haven't seen the Lego Movie... It was super cute... I'd say it's kind of similar to Wreck it Ralph? Maybe? A little?

I find it weird that people don't like movies and tv shows! I love them! (I also love books!) But, I'm not a very picky person... I enjoy most things, and am willing to try anything.

Also an avid board gamer. :)

(This was a long post... the thread is probably moved on by now....yikes!!)

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-12-2017, 05:53 PM

Actually, no, we haven't moved on. XD

I give things 100% of my attention, eyes and ears, when I watch them or else it's hard for me to stay interested. It seems like everyone I know does not do that. They carry conversations, work on things, cook dinner, toss in a load of laundry…

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-12-2017, 05:54 PM

I like to plow through manga as well. But when I start ones that aren't finished, I'll often reach the end and then only go back to read new chapters sporadically and then just drop it completely. If I pick it back up again, I like to start from the beginning so it's fresh in my mind!

Fanfic is pretty much all I read aside from manga these days. It's hard for me to want to invest my time and money into novels that miiiight have what I'm looking for when I can find a fanfic with stuff in it that I definitely like, and it's free, and if I don't like it, I just stop reading and find a new one!

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-12-2017, 05:56 PM

I'm currently re-reading The Petshop of Horrors.

Lovin' it too! :D

Other than that, I haven't done much reading or TV watching lately. I've been spending most of my time online or outside doing things.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-12-2017, 06:01 PM

I read manga to kill time at family dinner.

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2017, 06:02 PM

All my favorite TV shows are in between seasons right now, aside from Grey's Anatomy - which... well, it's on it's 13th season and I'm not really sure how I feel about the direction right now.

I'm really excited for the Americans to come back.

And I'd love to be outside.... but honestly, the weather is just too snowy and gross. xP
I can't wait till the summer!! So I can go swimming! And Hiking! And Climbing! :D

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-12-2017, 06:04 PM

Mmm, Petshop of Horrors. I loved the soundtrack for its anime.

Stupid microwave burnt my pot pie. It hates its job and catches things on fire frequently. At least that didn't happen to my pie, but my grandparents are eternally setting popcorn on fire in the microwave. *sighs*

Kory

Old 02-12-2017, 06:05 PM

That's smart, Amane!

Here the weather is getting nicer and nicer.
I can wear real shoes instead of boots now because the snow is melting, and I'm hoping that next month, all the snow will be gone and I can wear my vibram five fingers again.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-12-2017, 06:05 PM

Oh yeah, it's snowing here for the fourth time in five days and I want to shoot the snow. I don't want to shovel it again and I have to go to work in it! *cries* and it's supposed to snow more throughout the week! x_x

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2017, 06:08 PM

You must live down south. I live in the north. It's currently snowing. Winter boots are a must. :P

I feel your feel cookie.

I feel like I'm going to be one of those old people who travel down south every winter. Snow Birds I think they call them??

Kory

Old 02-12-2017, 06:08 PM

Awh. :c

I love shoveling! I don't know why but something about being out there, in the cold, brisk air while pushing around snow and listening to music is really fun to me.

It's hard work, but it's still fun and it's really easy too.
We get a ton of snow here, but I've figured out a way to make it easier so you don't throw out your back every time you try to shovel.

I push a line down one side of my driveway, then I use that to walk up and down it. Then I just push the snow to one side.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-12-2017, 06:13 PM

I love winter. Bugs get the bitter cold they deserve.

I once had a popcorn bag get a hole burnt into it in the microwave. I didn't see any fire, but I was so scared that one day I would that I haven't had popcorn since. I miss ultra butter popcorn…

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-12-2017, 06:14 PM

Yep. Snowbirds. I don't think I'll have enough money to be a snow bird. Better just move south again. x_x

Nope. Hate shoveling. Our first snow was a blizzard. A foot of snow and it was fricking sticky snow that stuck to the shovel and you spend so much time trying to get it off. I almost threw the shovel. It's the absolute worst. Then we got three more inches of it and once you're shoveling on top of compacted snow and ice, it just gets harder. Now we're looking at another eight inches, so just shoot me.

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2017, 06:31 PM

My dad bought a snow blower. Bless him.

I'm moving out soon though. So I'm probably going to have to start doing it again. Unless I make my boyfriend do it. Though we tend to be fairly 50/50, so we'd probably both do it, or take turns.

Though, most likely we're going to be moving into an apartment before buying a house - so we could just find a place that takes care of lawn and driveway maintenance.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 06:32 PM

yay for snow throwers and snow

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-12-2017, 06:38 PM

I'm about ready to drive out in the snow and buy one. Ugh. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just an inch or two. But nooooo. It's a foot. Then three inches. Then eight inches. x_x

hummy, come clear my driveway please! *glomps*

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 06:43 PM

I would totally do it for you, cookie
I just love snow

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-12-2017, 06:44 PM

Well, we have plenty. Come on over and build a snowman.