M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
There are some of the local big stores here like Walmart but even then their selection is just smaller and more limited. Like every walmart commericals I see adversities that you can buy food at their store, like meats and veggies and of the three walmarts on the island, none of them have that kind of thing.

But yeah. D:
Walmart ... its says its for everything but it isn't. XD

I'm sorry, that really sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Is royal blue an option? :D

I actually do have a pinterest and a ridiculous amount of craft pins, too. xP I love pinterest. :) It's pretty great.

And you're making the bottle?
Yeah. I already made one.

But the bottles I got are too small and I need to get a bigger one or figure out how to glue a string or something to wrap around the neck so I can connect it to something because I don't have those screw things.

wooo!!!!! Pinterest is theee bomb

Quote:
Ooo maybe. Not sure if I ever got around to cutting the paper though. xD

Gah trying to set up an Esty Shop... there is just so much info... D:
I sell my school books on Amazon. What info are you having trouble with understanding?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
Walmart ... its says its for everything but it isn't. XD

I'm sorry, that really sucks.

But the bottles I got are too small and I need to get a bigger one or figure out how to glue a string or something to wrap around the neck so I can connect it to something because I don't have those screw things.

I sell my school books on Amazon. What info are you having trouble with understanding?
Yup that's Walmart for you.

Haha I'm not sure? There's just so much to absorb. Amazon takes a fraction of whatever you sell right? Like 3% or something. And paypal does as well I think? If I'm understanding correctly. so in reality you're losing 6%

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 AM

Depending on what items you sell, yeah they take a fraction of it. Usually 6$ profit (more depending on the type of product your selling). I don't know if Paypal does it. I don't use Paypal when I am selling* things. I have it direct deposit into my checking acct.

^ No charge.
A charge of "1.00" may appear when Amazon transfers over your money but it disappears. They don't charge you.

Etsy... I still have no idea. But I want to say it works the same way?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 AM

Ah yeah. Esty takes 3% and paypal takes supposedly another 2.9% or something like that. *ponders* So will have to account for that when pricing.

Also need to think of a shop name. *ponders*

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2013, 07:07 AM

You can't work it where it goes to your checking account? (or don't you have one)?
Because that's the easiest way to deal with online selling stuff.

Mmm. Something that relates to what your going to sell?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 AM

I do. I figured paypal would be easier :O But have to look into that. Linking Esty to checking account.

A quick glance tells me no though D:

Well I seem to be a bit of jack of all trades. While the origami is probably gonna be most of my stock, I sell other stuff too so yeah.. D:

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 AM

Awww > . o;
I don't know why peeps want to make things difficult.

I like paypal, don't get me wrong but I don't know how much it charges for selling ' n ' things.
But that would be safer for you if you have no other option, though.

Jack-of-all-Trades Bizzare? XD

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 AM

Etsy has some cute things, and the vendors are generally very nice, but the price of some of their stuff just kills me.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 AM

Hahaha, yeah.
Well, there's the shipping they want to cover and make a profit that grosses over what their materials cost.
And prolly how much etsy eats out of the profits?

But typically, they over-price things all the time for handmade things.
There's really nice things on there I want myself. It's not fair xD

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 AM

And I can understand that; the items are from China and I can comprehend the want to make a profit and cover material and time. But I just can't justify hundreds of dollars for someone's little magnet, or earrings curled out of cheap wire.

There's another site that's like that, but it's more for furniture.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-25-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Awww > . o;
I don't know why peeps want to make things difficult.

I like paypal, don't get me wrong but I don't know how much it charges for selling ' n ' things.
But that would be safer for you if you have no other option, though.

Jack-of-all-Trades Bizzare? XD
Oh I checked, they do offer it but it's more expensive then doing via paypal anyways so moot point.

Me too. D: But it seems to be the more popular option. >< The other way is to find somewhere else other then Esty but Amazon and Ebay are just too big and I don't know anywhere else that's fairly popular.

Haha xD I was originally thinking something like Paper Stars or Starlight or Seito's Corner or Table Flip Company. but they're too common of a name or lame yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Etsy has some cute things, and the vendors are generally very nice, but the price of some of their stuff just kills me.
Quote:
Hahaha, yeah.
Well, there's the shipping they want to cover and make a profit that grosses over what their materials cost.
And prolly how much etsy eats out of the profits?

But typically, they over-price things all the time for handmade things.
There's really nice things on there I want myself. It's not fair xD
Yush. Esty eats quite a bit out of profits D: If I would sell stuff online I'm easily going to have to increase my stuff by 15% to just cover the shipping, what esty takes out of profits and paypal takes out of profits. >< And I already consider to be selling 10%-40% cheaper then I would for the amount of time that goes into my origami stuff. D:

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Will do if I have the paper cut owo b

Yeah same here. I heard of it, know a friend who has an account, seen people use it and know it's fairly good place to start. It's just kinda overwhelming cause I don't really do the whole buying online thing (for example I have a paypal account but I never used it so to sell via paypal is new to me as well so have to read up on that too.)
Awesome! :3 I'm sure it'll look spectacular, if you're able to make it.

Oh, so you're using it to sell your origami?

Quote:

Okay, so you don't actually make the bottles themselves? That's what I was asking.
So you buy the bottle and then create something cute from it, yes?

It really is. It has nice workout stuff, too. And food

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-25-2013, 07:22 AM

It sounds like highway robbery. Perhaps another method of payment and a different hosting site would be more appropriate.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 AM

@Su

Well it doesn't seem like the paper have been cut. xD So gonna have to do that first.

And yeah. That is the intent. :P

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote:
It sounds like highway robbery. Perhaps another method of payment and a different hosting site would be more appropriate.
Indeed. 3% to esty for sales (not counting the .20 cent to just list), 2.9% to paypal for their services. Then whatever shipping is going to cost (definitely gonna start with some of the smaller items first before selling something like the dragon just to make sure shipping works okay...)

Yeah. Not sure where to go or what to do. D:

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
And I can understand that; the items are from China and I can comprehend the want to make a profit and cover material and time. But I just can't justify hundreds of dollars for someone's little magnet, or earrings curled out of cheap wire.

There's another site that's like that, but it's more for furniture.
Ohhh, yes China. Shipping from there is craaaaazy.
I bought a Totoro Sunflower charm from there :D It's so amazing!

Yeah. When you see the cheap materials they use and the sloppy craftsmen ship, it's like... "Are you kidding me right now?" Most of the materials that those Etsy people use are from Hobby Lobby and Joan Fabrics. If you really want those things, just wait until the holiday sales and buy the materials yourself. Although, I can understand those who aren't craft-minded and don't want to have the trouble of doing that themselves want to buy from other people. That's why sites are made. lol
Quote:
Oh I checked, they do offer it but it's more expensive then doing via paypal anyways so moot point.

Me too. D: But it seems to be the more popular option. >< The other way is to find somewhere else other then Esty but Amazon and Ebay are just too big and I don't know anywhere else that's fairly popular.

Haha xD I was originally thinking something like Paper Stars or Starlight or Seito's Corner or Table Flip Company. but they're too common of a name or lame yeah...

Yush. Esty eats quite a bit out of profits D: If I would sell stuff online I'm easily going to have to increase my stuff by 15% to just cover the shipping, what esty takes out of profits and paypal takes out of profits. >< And I already consider to be selling 10%-40% cheaper then I would for the amount of time that goes into my origami stuff. D:
Wow. They are scrooges.

Amazon? I haven't found a way where you do sell your own things (besides pre-made listing for products you want to sell). Ebay may be your next best bet. If you do get popular, I think it's best if you make your own seller-site like Sugar Bunny Shop - Welcome <- she started out on Gaiaonline, then went to Deviantart and then onto her own website. There are also other sub-selling websites that I've written down because I want to have my own stuffed animal/characters manufactured. I just don't know who you go to?

Quote:
Awesome! :3 I'm sure it'll look spectacular, if you're able to make it.

Oh, so you're using it to sell your origami?

Okay, so you don't actually make the bottles themselves? That's what I was asking.
So you buy the bottle and then create something cute from it, yes?

It really is. It has nice workout stuff, too. And food
Ooooh, no! That would require glass molding/melting/blowing. I do not have those skills. XD I bought doll house glass bottles from Hobby Lobby that were on sale for 2.00$'s for 3-4 bottles? I should've gotten the regular sized bottles that were in the same aisle as the charms/jewelry, though.

And yes! That's what I do. I've already made two bottles. Ones foggy teal and the other is murky white with blue hue and sparkles in it. They are so cute 8) I want to track down those Harry Potter Labels that I found on DA, re-size them and print them off and put them on the bottles. But that will have to wait for a long while because we don't have ink, so, yeah.

Oh, yes!!! the food is GLORIOUS!!! (the non-fattening ones, at least)

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
@Su

Well it doesn't seem like the paper have been cut. xD So gonna have to do that first.

And yeah. That is the intent. :P
Oh dear. Won't that take a really long time?
You could always do another color that's already cut.

That's really cool! :) They'd probably sell really well at anime conventions

Quote:
Ooooh, no! That would require glass molding/melting/blowing. I do not have those skills. XD I bought doll house glass bottles from Hobby Lobby that were on sale for 2.00$'s for 3-4 bottles? I should've gotten the regular sized bottles that were in the same aisle as the charms/jewelry, though.

And yes! That's what I do. I've already made two bottles. Ones foggy teal and the other is murky white with blue hue and sparkles in it. They are so cute 8) I want to track down those Harry Potter Labels that I found on DA, re-size them and print them off and put them on the bottles. But that will have to wait for a long while because we don't have ink, so, yeah.

Oh, yes!!! the food is GLORIOUS!!! (the non-fattening ones, at least)
lol Yeah, I was pretty impressed if you were making your own bottles. I was just like "Woah! Miro's a badass!" I mean, you still are anyway. Are they just super tiny? Seems pretty cute, still.

Foggy teal? So are you just filling the inside with a substance or coloring them? Do you have pics? :D That'd be really neat, too. I've seen some very cute things online in bottles. The "drink me" from Alice in Wonderland seems to be a popular one, too.

Whaaaat? Non-fatting? Pssssh. Fatting is where the taste is at I'm such an inner-fatty...lol I really need to create a healthier diet.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM

Hahaha... nuuuhhhhh. I may have the jack-of-all-trades master of none skills but I'm not that versatile. I have thought about it, though. Hobby Lobby has glass melting kits in the crafting area. You can just melt the glass shards in the microwave (How convenient) xD But my mom always told me no, so I never thought about doing that after she said that.

Yeah. They are 1 tick mark from being 1" inches tall. They are supposed to be for those doll houses they sell at the back of Hobby Lobby with the miniature doors/dressers/chairs, etc etc. But I was like, "who cares! they'd be perfect for charms!" :P

I actually bought the few ounces of Jewelry Resin for 5$? It was on sale @ Joan Fabrics for VDAY. I mix the resin together then I add in my sparkles and wala! You can also change up the consistency and whatever, like those bottles I showed you that someones selling on Etsy.

You can also keep the liquid watery and add in bones/hearts or whatever your trying to accomplish. A lot of people have used them to make the "Fairy" off of Zelda! You just buy the glow in the dark balls (things or whatever) and you stick wings or whatever material you have to make the wings and color it whatever you want.

I know! I want to make an Alice in Wonderland "Drink Me" bottle! I just don't have any charms that would make it spiffy.
I wanted to make one to add onto my AIW charm bracelet that my mom got me a long time ago at Macy's :D

It has "Eat Me" cookie, a flat faced "Drink Me" bottle, the white Rabbits Clock, a Mushroom, and something else.
It's Disney Couture ~

Yeah but I mean the less fattening stuff if anyone can help it
What have you been eating?

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM

does anyone mind if I fall asleep in here

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 AM

But I will take pictures for you to see when I get to it.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Wow. They are scrooges.

Amazon? I haven't found a way where you do sell your own things (besides pre-made listing for products you want to sell). Ebay may be your next best bet. If you do get popular, I think it's best if you make your own seller-site like Sugar Bunny Shop - Welcome <- she started out on Gaiaonline, then went to Deviantart and then onto her own website. There are also other sub-selling websites that I've written down because I want to have my own stuffed animal/characters manufactured. I just don't know who you go to?
Yeah. It it isn't that much more like 1% but that's... still alot after awhile.

My only fear with Amazon and Ebay is too big, I'll just get lost in a sea. Ebay is hell of confusing too, trying to shift through all their information. I would love my own website but that's silly until I get popular like you said.

I just found this place called storenvy.com and it seems like it's free listing and they take nothing from profits. But unlike Esty isn't craft/homemade based and isn't as well known (so that might mean lost of potential traffic). It's also more customizable. And it isn't as well known as Esty. I did a quick search on their marketplace and only one other seller is selling 3d origami stuff. Have you heard of it? :O

My dad likes the second one better only from the standpoint that my profits are kinda low. (Free listing, no cut of the profits just have to worry about paypal fees and shipping).

Quote:
Oh dear. Won't that take a really long time?
You could always do another color that's already cut.

That's really cool! :) They'd probably sell really well at anime conventions
It might able. Something to think about. :3

Thanks! They sell pretty decently all things consider. I dunno I think last year I made roughly a $500 profit over three days. If I just expand on my designs more I think it should be good... :O

M i r o
Comatose

Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 AM

Your welcome to crash here, Spiced. xP
I don't think sei will mind ~

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicedroses View Post
does anyone mind if I fall asleep in here
Sleep away 8D

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Hahaha... nuuuhhhhh. I may have the jack-of-all-trades master of none skills but I'm not that versatile. I have thought about it, though. Hobby Lobby has glass melting kits in the crafting area. You can just melt the glass shards in the microwave (How convenient) xD But my mom always told me no, so I never thought about doing that after she said that.

Yeah. They are 1 tick mark from being 1" inches tall. They are supposed to be for those doll houses they sell at the back of Hobby Lobby with the miniature doors/dressers/chairs, etc etc. But I was like, "who cares! they'd be perfect for charms!" :P

I actually bought the few ounces of Jewelry Resin for 5$? It was on sale @ Joan Fabrics for VDAY. I mix the resin together then I add in my sparkles and wala! You can also change up the consistency and whatever, like those bottles I showed you that someones selling on Etsy.

You can also keep the liquid watery and add in bones/hearts or whatever your trying to accomplish. A lot of people have used them to make the "Fairy" off of Zelda! You just buy the glow in the dark balls (things or whatever) and you stick wings or whatever material you have to make the wings and color it whatever you want.

I know! I want to make an Alice in Wonderland "Drink Me" bottle! I just don't have any charms that would make it spiffy.
I wanted to make one to add onto my AIW charm bracelet that my mom got me a long time ago at Macy's :D

It has "Eat Me" cookie, a flat faced "Drink Me" bottle, the white Rabbits Clock, a Mushroom, and something else.
It's Disney Couture ~

Yeah but I mean the less fattening stuff if anyone can help it
What have you been eating?
lol Why did your mom tell you no? Was she worried that it would be dangerous?

I've never heard of this Hobby Lobby place you're talking about, but it sounds like a pretty bomb-ass place. And yeah, they sound like they'd be super cute for charms.

I don't know what jewelry resin is. I feel like you're telling me so much cool stuff, but I know so little about any of it >< I don't quite understand, but it sounds neat enough.

That sounds really cute. I've never played Zelda, but I have seen the fairy you're talking of. That would be creative, cute, and pretty.

Oh my. You don't think that a little glass vial would break on a charm bracelet? I'd be way to clumsy for that. But that sounds like an adorable bracelet!

I do try to look at the healthy stuff on there. Particularly healthy smoothies.
Candy....lots and lots of candy and sweets...

Quote:
It might able. Something to think about. :3

Thanks! They sell pretty decently all things consider. I dunno I think last year I made roughly a $500 profit over three days. If I just expand on my designs more I think it should be good... :O
That's true

Oh wow. That's really great! That's a good profit

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 AM

Yeah. It would be good to though.

Thanks! I know I can make more though so just have to keep trying and keep expanding! owo b

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 AM

You created most of the designs for those, too, didn't you?

Goodness, I'm getting sleeping, and I have a class at 8am tomorrow. :/