Poppy Yukia
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2010, 08:37 AM

A book challenge?!

I saw this idea on another site and thought it would be awesome to start one of Mene. I want to start a book challenge thread in which each of you will set a goal for yourself for books. You will decide how many books you read and in how much time you give yourself to read them. The only catch is that you have to come back to the thread and tell us about the books.
Mission

I want this to be a marketplace of information on all books out there. So all the readers of Mene can come here and see other books that are being read and how much people enjoyed them. I also would like to make a place where all the booklovers can come and talk about a variety of books and make new friends. There are no prizes at the moment but hopefully if people participate I can include Prizes later(if that is allowed with the Mene TOS).

Guidelines
-Please fill out the form so I can add you to a list of people who have accepted the challenge.
-Please make sure to come and talk about the books that you have finished. The whole point of this is so others can see what books you have read and if they would like to read them. Chating about books is greatly encouraged.
-Please also tell us when you have finished your book challenge so I can add you to the list of people who have successfully fulfilled this challenge. You may make another challenge if you would like.
-I know my grammar and spelling is not the best so I do not expect for yours to be either. However, please try to make your posts as readable as possible.
- You are allowed to include books that you are rereading
-HAVE FUN!
-May put more guidelines later

Form for starting:
Quote:
Username or Nickname:
When you are starting:
When you hope to end:
Goal:

Form for when you complete a book:
Quote:
Name of book:
Rate the book from 1-3: (1 being it was horrid, 2 being it was ok but will never reread, 3 being I loved it and think everyone should read it)
Discuss why you liked the book: ( Please try warn of spoilers)
List of people in the challenge:
-none as of now

List of people who have successfully completed the challenge:
-None as of now

I hope that someone joins and that this will be fun!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-26-2010, 04:26 AM

Book challenges are really fun! You may be interested to know that Knerd has a long-running book challenge over in Menewsha Nations. You might want to check that out. :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 AM

Is the challenge to read a certain amount of books? How do you complete it?

Poppy Yukia
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-26-2010, 05:48 AM

Oh I did not know there was already one going!

@carzeebear Yes it is suppose to be to read a certain amount of books in a set time. In mine you get to set your own time and everything. ^_^

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 AM

Hmm, in that case I'll join in! Should I post my form here?

Poppy Yukia
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-26-2010, 10:15 PM

Yay! Yes go ahead and post your form here! I am going to post mine now too since I have someone else to do it with. lol
Username or Nickname: Poppy Yukia
When you are starting: Oct. 25 2010
When you hope to end: Dec. 25 2010
Goal: 6 books( in 3 months that seems like a pretty good amount) ^_^

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-28-2010, 03:25 AM

Username or Nickname: Carzeebear
When you are starting: 28 October 2010
When you hope to end: 28 December 2010
Goal: Thirty books. In three months? Yeah that works. (I've read 35 since july 8)

Name of book: Lessons From A Dead Girl
Rate the book from 1-3: 2
Discuss why you liked the book: It touched on some issues that people don't usually discuss, but I think it could have been better written, and definitely longer.

Poppy Yukia
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-29-2010, 06:56 AM

Oh wow 30 books! That is awesome. Right now I am lucky to get any books at all with college work.
I have not heard about the books Lessons froma Dead Girl. I will have to look it up. oh I finished a book yesterday. I forgot lol.

Name of book: The circus of the Damned
Rate the book from 1-3: 3
Discuss why you liked the book: For a Paranormal book it was awesome. I hear though that they get pretty racy as the series goes on. However, this one was awesome and if you are into vampires and other occult this book would be awesome.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-29-2010, 09:22 AM

Uhh... I checked again and it's thirty nine XD