Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-29-2010, 11:33 PM

I recently had this author recommended to me. Has anyone heard of, or read her?
I'd like to know if this recommendation is sound... (it came from my mother, who is a huge twilight fan etc. We usually disagree on books, except Pratchett.)

LadyKnightSkye
Now the Mule of Kin-Akari

Old 12-02-2010, 10:48 PM

Evanovich is really good if you like slapstick humor. I was also recommended her a couple of years ago, and my first Evanovich book was One For the Money, the first of her Stephanie Plum mysteries. She's good for a laugh, and if you're the type who doesn't like romance novels that feature detailed sex scenes, don't worry. Her style of writing glosses that over a lot to the point where most encounters are mentioned more than described.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-02-2010, 11:02 PM

Yeah, I think that's the series that mum're reading too... she's up to "3 to get deadly" I think....

LadyKnightSkye
Now the Mule of Kin-Akari

Old 12-06-2010, 01:11 AM

Then she has a long way to go. >.> So far there are 16 or 17 books in the Plum series.

Feigning_Innocence
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-06-2010, 04:47 AM

She's a really good author, especially at the slap stick humor, as LadyKnightSkye mention. But if you're not interested in series, she's got several that aren't in one. One of my favorites by her is the first one I ever read of her called Motor Mouth. I think it has a sequel but it was almost 5 or 6 years ago that I read that one.