Hectrae

Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 PM

Has anyone here ever read David Eddings? he is my ultimate, favorite author. My son is actually named after one of his characters from the Elenium, Talen. If you've ever read one of his books you'll know who he is :) I've been searching for ages to find people who love his books as much as i do! and to recommend books that are similar in writing style.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 PM

Talen is an awesome character! I sometimes feel sorry for him with Danae on his tail though.... Anyway, about these books. I've read the Elenium, the Tamuli, the Belgariad and the Dreamers. I was disappointed with the dreamers though. Longbow=Sparhawk... and a lot of other characters had twins in the Elenium as well. Not to mention the end... Arg!

Hectrae

Old 01-16-2011, 03:25 AM

oh my god... i love you!!!! ahah sorry, i've barely found anyone whos read david eddings, let alone liked them! other than talen, danae is my favorite lol,ive always wanted to name my daughter danae. but unfortunately i havent gotten to read dreamers. the losers was amazing though, and the redemption of athalus.

theres a book by david and leigh, reginas song, you should try to find it. it blew my mind. its alot different from his usual style.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-21-2011, 01:19 AM

I've read the first half of Regina's song, but then I had to give it back. Thanks for reminding me to find it again.. I was really enjoying it.