PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 09-02-2010, 01:56 PM

Don't worry, I'm shy too. >< I'm sure there are plenty of things you can find online as well. Atleast you can write...>>....My writing is terrible and it's mostly 'cause I don't know how to express the stories in my head on paper? xD I love all my characters, though. Sometimes, I'll spend hours picturing the colour of their hair, the texture of it, the smell of their bodies, length of their eyelashes and such...

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM

Yeah. I write pretty well, but they don't turn out the way they are in my head yet.

I'm so much shy as... socially awkward. I have no problem talking to people, it's saying the right thing that worries me.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 PM

>> I'm totally jealous of people who can write well. <<

I know what you mean. I always mean to say the right thing, but the wrong thing comes out and it...backfires.

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 09-03-2010, 02:11 AM

I have the same problem lol. I tend to be a bit tactless when it comes to talking to some people but with others I'm really cautious about what I say. And with other others, I'm dead silent even if there are a hundred questions I want to ask them. :/ Darnit.
I neeeeeed to get writing but every time I sit down at a computer, my friend drags me away from the computer and around campus. and then she won't let me do anything :/ Not that I'm complaining lol, I love hanging out with her because she's such a...an interesting character. It's hard to find the right word to describe her lol.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 09-04-2010, 12:03 AM

>< Lol, I know people like that.

So lemme ask you guys, who's your most favourite character that you've ever made and why?

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 09-08-2010, 04:40 PM

My favorite character is probably Sam, because he's utterly crazy. He's obsessed with keeping the two love interests of my story apart (Mered and Noah), and he hates Mered for "stealing" his girlfriend freshman year of high school. Which he didn't do. He also gets the two of them arrested and gets himself hit by a car so Noah will pay attention to him. I'm not even sure if he loves her or if he just really wants to protect her. Yeah, he's a can full of crazy. I can't wait to see what he'll do next.

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 09-12-2010, 04:25 AM

My favorite character that I've ever created... O.o That's a hard question lol.
But I am fond of my cat boy (he doesn't have a name yet) because he's definitely got a unique personality going there. He's the narrator in his story (which only has one page atm but I can tell he'll be fun to write when I really crack down on myself).
Another one I like is Tom because he's a lovable goof who's always getting into trouble through no fault of his own (his friends are usually the reason lol, he's the nicest of the bunch).
I've got a question for everybody:
Do you listen to music when you write and if you do, does it help you?
I definitely do. Ask anyone who knows me really well, and they'll tell you I listen to music all the time if I can. I hate listening to dead silence and song lyrics will sometimes stimulate my very fickle muse.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 09-14-2010, 01:29 AM

My favourite character that I've ever made is my baby, Philippe. It's hard to describe what he is, exactly. If you looked at him at face value, you'd assume he's a vampire. You'd think that just because his skin is as white and smooth as marble, he's equipped with a pair of fangs and he drinks blood. But. You'd be wrong. Terribly so. He drinks blood because he enjoys it. He enjoys feeling them squirm and resist beneath his cold, steel-grip. He feeds upon the fear they express- and they can't hide it through some facade of bravery. Blood is like the physical embodiment of their life force and he quite literally feeds upon their soul. Eats them up. Like candy. <3 But he himself contains all this....chaos. One drop of his own tainted blood, placed strategically, could cause a catastrophe like the Bubonic Plague(which he did once just for kicks.) He was made to be a harbringer of chaos and ruin to the mortal realm and even though he listens to no one- not even his creators(whom he devoured slowly, one by one), he fulfills his purpose with vigour. I think one of his most brutal killings was when he was first awakened in the human world and was found by this woman, who took him in, fed him, clothed him, taught him to read and write. Then he heard a most pleasant sound, which he discovered to emanate from this woman. He had to have it- it drove him mad with desire. So....he tore her apart- to put it lightly. Ate every portion of her body and devoured her soul.

I love Philippe because he was the character that inspired me to write. He started out as a simple homework assignment. I was supposed to write a page and a half horror story for Halloween. So I did. It was about a blonde vampire named Philippe who fed on and dissected this woman(Philippe's always been messy...breaking bones and such)- then the hero pops in, scares him away. End of story. Something about Philippe drew me to him, so I said..."what if he's something more than just a vampire..? What if he's a living apocalypse?" So I expanded on him. I figured a character this powerful needed a better rival, so I created Gabriel. He's the exact opposite of Philippe. <3 With him, I infused my love for chivalry, goodness, angels, etc. Gabriel is a being known as a Guardian- a race of celestial beings that help preserve the balance and protect the earth- more or less. Unlike Philippe, who's cruel, sadistic and completely heartless in what he does, Gabriel is kind, loving and compassionate- even to his enemies. I prefer Philippe more just because he was my first. But I love/adore Gabriel. <333

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 09-15-2010, 04:54 PM

I'll listen to a lot of things, but when I specifically want to get inspired for a new idea I listen to Muse (especially the new album) and Rise Against because they're both about revolution. Otherwise I listen to Death Cab for Cutie, Silversun Pickups, Coldplay, Amanda Palmer, Mindless Self Indulgence, Atreyu... I have a wide variety of songs I listen to!

I can't wait until November! I know NaNoWriMo is a month and a half away, but I'm really excited about the story I'm going to do!

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 09-29-2010, 04:15 PM

I listen to Staind, Evanescence, Mindless Self Indulgence, and a few others I can't think of right now because I listen to a LOT of bands.
PrincessBane: Philippe sounds awesome! He reminds me of a goddess I created--she doesn't have a name, but she got bored because she's immortal so she tried to liven things up and got herself cursed.
I'm suffering from writer's block right now and it's killing me >.<
I thought I'd do NaNoWriMo this year but I think I'm going to wait until next year or so when my schedule isn't quite so hectic.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 09-29-2010, 04:25 PM

That makes sense. I'm moving now, but things will have settled down once November comes. I think I'll have to spend more time at the library though, so my sister and I don't have to fight for computer privileges.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 PM

><.....He's just crazy. Lulz. That's all there is to it. His mentality is like a child who wants to sample everything to see how it tastes, then he gets addicted to said tastes.

>< I stopped writing...I just can't write anything good anymore.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 09-30-2010, 06:32 PM

I decided to take out that part about the war, but I'm working a new story now. It's about time travelers!

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-01-2010, 02:24 PM

PrincessBane, I think your inner critic has you beat--mine does too at the moment. I just can't bring myself to write because I've been reading some new books lately and it's like 'man, I suck compared to them' >.< I'm thinking of making a list of writing prompts, one for every day of the year, and making myself write them.
Fairywaif: do they have a time machine, or time traveling powers or did something happen to send them back/forward in time? Sorry, I'm curious lol. I've considered doing a time travel story but nothing ever came out sounding good >.<

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-01-2010, 02:46 PM

I think it's a time machine only, although it might seem like time travel powers in the dream world. It's got all these alternate time line things that they have to fix and stuff. I was going to write it as a short story, but when I came to where I had wanted to finish it I wanted to keep going. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out though.

See, lately when I've read a good author I say to myself "I'm going to write like them someday! I just need to practice!" I'm trying to be positive.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 10-04-2010, 02:05 PM

I agree. I think my inner critic has me beat. Again. c.c I'm a very....critical perfectionist. It's both a good quality and a flaw.

Time travel stories are fun. D:

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-04-2010, 05:40 PM

I think it will be fun, once I'm past this setting out part. I've still got to figure out some of the trickier parts of the universe. I keep coming up with possible plot ideas and discarding them. It's tricky. :XD

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-12-2010, 04:00 PM

I know how that goes. Try starting a story by imagining just one character and their friends. So many possibilities, so little time...

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-13-2010, 01:00 PM

Exactly. All the possibilities get me down. I don't know what path I want to take, even if its later on so I become afraid to write.

Banshee
Cthulhu Spirtualist

Old 10-13-2010, 03:46 PM

I haven't written in a long time. I miss it.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 PM

Just pick up a keyboard and start typing! You can always use a random generator if you're having trouble coming up with a story idea. Maybe you'll get something!

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2010, 01:13 AM

Banshee, welcome! :) It's good to see we can still get newcomers, we've been all by our lonesomes in here :)
Why haven't you written if you miss it so much?
BTW: Fairywaif, I adore your new outfit! Tres tres chic!

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-17-2010, 08:04 PM

Hey, did you guys know there's a thread for those doing NaNoWriMo? The thread. If you're planning on doing it you might want to consider joining.

Thanks Crimson. I've changed though so I have no idea what outfit you were talking about. :XD

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-19-2010, 09:04 PM

aww. :( You're welcome anyway :) It was SUCH a cute outfit.
I saw the NaNoWriMo forum, but I was just popping in here to check on things :) Also, I was just on WEbook and wondered if anyone else is on there too? It's a great site to go to if you're a little brain dead. There's also fictionpress.com but I don't go there as often.
I think I've found a way to sort of get rid of my writer's block: make up characters! :D

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 AM

That works! The problem is I get so disappointed when I can't find a story for my character to fit in. And then I'd be all sad.

No, I've never been on either of those.