Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-20-2010, 01:45 AM

I made up two characters today and I'm fitting them together, hoping their stories will connect :)
Webook is really fun, you can submit the first page of your novel to it for review and join writing projects and groups and contests. It costs about 10 dollars US but I think it would be worth it in the end because editors go there to scope out the new talent.
Fictionpress is free. It's like fanfiction.net for nonfanfiction and fanfiction authors to post their works. I forgot my account on there...

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 10-20-2010, 04:16 PM

That sounds really cool! I might have to try that out sometime. D:

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2010, 03:52 PM

why the sad face? O.o
I'm a little sad Banshee hasn't returned :(
Anyone read anything interesting lately? I just reread Sloppy Firsts (by a woman whose name I CANNOT seem to remember at the moment) and I'm working on a new book called The Tapestry by Henry H. Neff. It's really good so far!

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-21-2010, 05:53 PM

Sloppy firsts sounds familiar. Who wrote it?

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2010, 09:21 PM

Megan McCafferty. According to Google it's been made into a movie...? Nope, there've just been rumors about it.
My little sister tried reading it and said it was boring but she ONLY reads fantasy, never anything else, which doesn't broaden her horizons much :| I read EVERYTHING XD Well, except horror. That scares the pee out of me.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 10-21-2010, 09:35 PM

I haven't read anything in a while, sadly. The last book I read was Queen of the Damned. <3 That book is win...unfortunately, Anne made Lestat a bit of a crybaby in that book. So my love went to Armand in that one. Oh and I also read her book "Out of Egypt." I didn't like it only because I didn't agree with how she portrayed Jesus in the book. I don't think he was like that as a child, but I don't really know. No one in this age does. 'less there's a vampire lurking around somewhere that's been alive in the ancient times.

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 PM

I haven't read Queen of the Damned, but I want to. Almost all my other friends have and I'm feeling left out XD

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-22-2010, 09:23 PM

Oh, yeah. I don't think I've ever read it though. I read a lot of genres, but I tend not to read horror so much. But it depends on the book, and sometimes if I know the authors work already. If someone read a book and recommended it to me, I'd at least give it a try.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 10-22-2010, 11:58 PM

"Queen of the Damned" is a great book, it's so wonderfully written. I love Anne Rice, she's one of the few authors who write vampire books that I'll actually read.. I've never considered vampires horror, personally. =/

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-23-2010, 08:47 PM

I think it depends on the writer, now that I think of it. Some write it as horror and others write it as fantasy and others as romance. And some do all three!

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 10-24-2010, 04:31 AM

Mmmm..I agree. I guess, technically vampires are supposed to be horror since they're monsters. But people portray them differently. I'd say Anne Rice's vampires are written in a darker romance-type genre. There's alot of love conflicts that goes on in the books. Lestat's a whore. J/s. But then, all vampires are to some degree.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-24-2010, 07:54 PM

I don't usually read romance either, so that's why I haven;t read her stuff. I don't mind if it's in a story, but I tend to prefer stories that are more action oriented. (I think that's what I'm trying to say?)

lillian90005
The scars are nothing compared t...
Send a message via AIM to lillian90005

Old 10-24-2010, 09:40 PM

I love to read and write. :) I'm all about the romance and the forbidden love stuff. My favorite authors are Susane Colosanti, P.C. and Kristen Cast, Charlotte Bronte, JK Rowling...oh! And Sarah Dessen. I'm usually the one who writes the forbidden romance. Right now, I'm in the midst of writing a story where there's this girl who falls for her History/Drama teacher. ^^

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-25-2010, 04:04 PM

hello lillian! Thanks for joining in.
I haven't read much vampire fiction myself, fanfiction or novels, but I always think of them as a dark romance type thing when I do -_-

lillian90005
The scars are nothing compared t...
Send a message via AIM to lillian90005

Old 10-25-2010, 07:21 PM

Well, I must say that the House of Night Series is the best a vampire romance series can get. Filled with mystery, romance, suspense, action, magic etc...I highly recommend it. :)

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 10-25-2010, 08:40 PM

I uh, I didn't like it >.< I didn't really like Twilight either, but I know one of my friends was reading a vampire romance series about a detective or something like that and darnit now I want to read that.
Anyone read the Children of Chaos books? I read the first one and my brain hurt after reading it and now I want to read the next one. Book addiction is the best kind of addiction though... :3

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-30-2010, 01:59 AM

No, but I could use another series to get addicted to. I still need to read Mockinjay. I'm at hold at the library until December, at least. That vampire detective series sounds interesting too!

Currently I'm reading an Orson Scott Card book that isn't part of the Ender world. It's called "A Planet Called Treason". It's really interesting sci-fi. I'm also reading an Asimov collection.

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2010, 01:42 PM

I think I've heard of Mockinjay, but I can't remember what it's about... :( It sounds really familiar though
I want to reread Runner, but I don't think the school's library has it. I think the public library does but I won't be able to go there til Saturday.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM

It's the third one in the Hunger Games series.

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 PM

hm. What's that series about?
One of my friends told me today she wants to do NaNoWriMo. I'm so proud of her >////<
Speaking of friends...
Anyone else read The Inheritance Cycle? I'm dying because I don't know when the fourth book is coming out! :(

Last edited by Crimson_daffodils_Layla; 01-21-2011 at 01:40 PM..

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-01-2010, 09:37 PM

I know, it's a tough haul, but worth it!

It's a dystopic story where they have these games where different districts compete. The winner gets extra food (hence, hunger games). The losers get nothing and it's a fight to the death. Only one person from one district can survive.

I read the first two, but I became less enamored with them after that. Could be just me though. It might be because I heard so much hype about them, though.

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 PM

That sounds like my kind of book :D
I get his newsletter and he's mentioned absolutely NOTHING about when the next book is coming out so I'm sad. I didn't see any hype about the books though. Or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing when I think 'hype'. Or I could just live in a place where not a lot of fuss was made about it...?
I do know that I was excited to see the movie based on the book, and then I was disgusted with it. >(

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-12-2010, 05:41 PM

Yeah, I heard a lot of things about it before I read it.
I heard that the movie was absolutely terrible. I'm so glad I didn't see that at least. Unfortunately, the majority of movies made off of books aren't very good. It's hard to capture that special magic, I think.

Crimson_daffodils_Layla
*^_^*

Old 11-18-2010, 06:48 PM

it is VERY hard to get a movie right when it's based on a book. I can't wait to see Harry Potter 7 though. Judging from the trailer, they did an excellent job this time :)
I haven't seen the movie based on Inkheart, but I knew when I saw Brendan Fraser as the dad that it wasn't going to be very good. Just having a famous actor play a main role isn't going to make the movie any better :|

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-19-2010, 05:08 PM

I know! I think that's one of the main problems. They think that just because an actor or actress is famous that they'll do a good job on a role. Also, they tend to make a lot of changes to the actual story. Like I was watching the movie of Avalon High, which I had enjoyed, although it wasn't my favorite book. They completely changed the ending, which made parts of the MOVIE not make sense! Ugh.