View Poll Results: Do you think Vampires would REALLY sparkle if they existed?
YES, OF COURSE!! Who are you to doubt!? 1 1.96%
Uh, NO. Just no. That's just... just no. -_- 36 70.59%
Maybeh. Who's to say? O.O 6 11.76%
How about if I come over and we find out...? 8 15.69%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Zilithandria Moonlight
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 10-08-2010, 11:22 AM

LOL they make me feel good PERIOD. :XD

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 10-08-2010, 06:34 PM

I'm believe what spock says any day!!

Zilithandria Moonlight
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 10-08-2010, 06:44 PM

Haha lol. But what if Kirk says something that disagrees with what Spock says?? :shock:

Ooh, I'm going to update this Thread's title to (hopefully) be funnier. :XD

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 10-08-2010, 08:10 PM

Ohh that's a real dilemma. O.o
Do you think Kirk likes sparkles? And most importantly does he approve of sparkling vampires?:shock::?

Last edited by Aspinou; 10-08-2010 at 08:17 PM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 PM

I don't watch Star Treck, but I'd have to say that Yoda would definitely disagree with it. "Sparkle, vampires should not."

Zilithandria Moonlight
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 10-09-2010, 11:11 AM

@Aspinou: I think he would trust Spock to give him the correct answer, as Spock IS the science officer
(even if Spock isn't a doctor or a xenobiologist). So I don't think Kirk approves, either. :XD

@carzeebear: Haha, good one!! :mrgreen:

RisikaFox
is bored... Amuse me? ^^

Old 10-09-2010, 12:08 PM

For me, it wasn't the fact that the vampires sparkle that pissed me off. It's that the story was so badly written, and became more popular overnight than any decent vampire novel I've read. And that will probably make Meyers think that people will eat up this kind of crap all the time, and she's probably right. Which makes me sad.

The sparkling could have worked, even if it is weird, if she'd had a decent way of explaining how/why it worked. You can't just throw random elements into a story because it sounds cool. >.<

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 10-09-2010, 01:53 PM

Vampires shouldn't sparkle. End of :stare:

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 10-09-2010, 09:00 PM

@Zilithandria Good point. That means we can trust Spock in this matter. :D

@carzeebear Hahaha ^_^

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 10-18-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaetonChapelle View Post
I am fully against the new "breed" of vampires, and anything that promotes such a thing.

We won't even get into why I hate Twilight. (Besides the, you know, terrible writing, awful grammar, plots that enforce that women should be subservient and that it's okay to have your man tell you what to do. Besides those.) But I am a huge, HUGE, monster fan. I adore the dark tales about the evils of mankind, the symbolism for the taking and coming of Earth, as well as the fears that we all share but into physical forms. I adore all such. However, Twilight destroys this.

Vampires are dark creatures of the night who feed on the blood of unsuspecting people. They are a parasite. They are mean, cruel, and none too pretty. They desire life in the most animalistic of ways. The desire for reproduction does not stand on a sexual sense, for it is only by transition might they continue their population, as some old books tell us. Others however speak about the cannibalistic nature of man him-self, the need to feed upon the nutrients that allow us to survive.

Vampires exist, I just don't believe in this "mythical" sense. Really the love young females seem to hold for these creatures is merely a sexual fantasy born from the desire of something dark and twisted. Mutilation, becoming one, or like, your fellow counterpart. The desire to sleep with, or be fed upon something that isn't really alive.
This. Bane agrees.

Zilithandria Moonlight
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 11-05-2010, 01:49 PM

Wow, nice avatar, Bane. :)