Forsaken Eyes
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 PM

Anyone read the series? What did you think?
I read it and loved it... I heard there is a movie coming out in 2011.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 09-26-2010, 12:42 AM

I've read the series and I really loved it :heart:
Sometimes the characters got on my nerves a bit, but I really enjoyed the concept. (is that morbid? O_o)

I've heard that too, I hope they don't butcher it :cry:

Forsaken Eyes
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-26-2010, 03:54 PM

I usually don't like watching movies after I've read the book, because it really ruins it. But I'm really interested in this movie. Apparently, it's going to be done in the point of view of someone watching the hunger games. So, like showing all the interviews on TV and the hunger games on TV... I'm not sure about this though.

I wish there was a 4th book.... xD

Beliar
*^_^*

Old 09-27-2010, 12:57 AM

I've never read them, but my Aunt recommended the books to me. They sound good. :)

Forsaken Eyes
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 PM

Beliar, you should read them! That way you would have read the book first before going to the movie! Don't you just hate when you see a movie and then you read the book an you think, "What? That's not what happened in the movie..." x.x
Annoying.

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku

Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 PM

I read only the first one about two years ago and I loved it!! I just can't seem to get ahold of the newest additions, I want to read them sooo badly. If the movie is going to be in the POV of someone whose watching then how will the audience get the full view of what's going on? The story has so much emotion and personal termoil that the POV its going to be filmed in doesn't make any sense. Like the time where they are off camera and alone, healing the guy's leg.

Forsaken Eyes
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-28-2010, 10:37 PM

Aku: Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I heard that. It'd be nice if it was in Katniss's point of view, or maybe Peeta. They would probably miss a LOT oin the audience's POV.
About getting a copy, right now in school it's really picking up. It's sort of like Harry Poter was a few years ago... I see people walking along with their noses buried in Catching Fire :lol:

Last edited by Forsaken Eyes; 09-29-2010 at 02:30 PM..

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 AM

Really? Darn, I'm homeschooled and we still haven't checked out the library in town. It should definately be in Katnis' POV, she was such a great character. Or they could switch, I just can't believe its in the audience POV. So many people are going to miss the sadness of Katnis fighting her best friend as a wolf and then the two planning to split the killer berry. Ah, I need to make my mom take me to the library

MyLostEmpireKing
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-02-2010, 02:47 PM

I love all three books! SO AMAZING!

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-02-2010, 04:20 PM

My younger cousin recommended the books to me. I loved Battle Royale when I read it in high school, so I figured I'd check out the Hunger Games, too. I walked into Borders, saw that it was being advertised to the Twilight demographic, and immediately lost all interest in reading it.

Is that basically what it is in a nutshell? A Battle Royale clone written for middle school girls?

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-02-2010, 05:49 PM

It's definately not for average middle school girls. I don't know what Battle Royale is about so sorry, but The Hunger Games is amazing, my 6th grade english teacher introduced it to me. Its possible one of the greatest books I've ever read. It's alot better than twilight. The hunger games is much deeper and has so much more real and un-drawnout emotion in it. Its a really good book series, altough I've only been able to read the first book

royal randomness
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-28-2010, 07:14 PM

ive read all but the third one Moking jay i want to so bad i love the series i did not know there was a movie coming out i want to see it then :D:yumeh1:

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 PM

I haven't read mockingjay, but I want to lots!

Therealsuzakufan
Gryfon

Old 11-03-2010, 03:13 PM

This is the book my reading teacher wants us to read. But he says he might read it out loud to us.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-06-2010, 01:29 AM

I've read the first book and thought it was amazing~ I've got to find "Catching Fire"~ I want to read it. ^^ I love The Hunger Games so much~ It's one of my favorite books of all time!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-07-2010, 01:03 AM

Catching fire is pretty freaking good.