Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2010, 01:55 AM

Ok so Stephanie Meyers is re-writing the Twilight series. The difference is this time it's from Edward's point of view. It's not out yet and I think it's on hold because segments got leaked and Meyers was so upset she quite writing. Anyway what do you all think? Is it really necessary to hear the same story from Edward after hearing it from Bella or are you looking forward to a possible extension in the Twilight series?

Last edited by Faulkner; 11-07-2010 at 01:58 AM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-07-2010, 04:04 AM

It'd be kind of interesting I guess... Why is he such a stalker? Stuff like that... But I think that it's probably just to make money, kind of a silly thing to do really. We already know the story.

Narcissus
Taking a hiatus. See my sig for ...

Old 11-07-2010, 09:29 AM

I heard about this too! I actually read something that was supposedly an exerpt you could find on her website after the whole thing got leaked. Honestly, no, I don't think it's all that necessary, 'cause...who really cares? The story wasn't really that compelling the first time around in my opinion, so why would I want to read it a second time?

For people who really like the books, though, I guess it's going to be pretty cool. And you just KNOW there are going to be sequels and prequels coming out at some point.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2010, 08:24 PM

This isn't like a sequel or prequel it's the whole thing all over again except you get to here Edward be a whiny jerk this time. I don't know but I think carzeebear has the right idea. It seems like the kind of thing one would do of they wanted money. I read the excerpt and it's horrible. Edward is even worse than I thought he was, he's an arrogant jerk and a whiny teenage emo creep. I still don't know why women find him desirable but to each their own.

LadyKnightSkye
Now the Mule of Kin-Akari

Old 11-08-2010, 01:54 AM

I read the bit of Midnight Sun that Meyer put up on her website, and found it to be hilarious reading. I actually enjoyed it because while Bella was spending all of the first part of Twilight simpering over Edward, good ole Eddy-bear is spending that same time going "Must not eat Bella. Must not eat Bella. Must not eat Bella." Yeah, Faulkner is right about him being a angst-bucket whiner, but the part of me that hates Bella loved reading his entire detailed plan about how he could get away with murdering her. ^^

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-08-2010, 06:14 AM

I have got to find this "how to kill bella" excerpt... where to find?

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-11-2010, 08:27 PM

i think it would be interesting to hear it all from edward's point of view. i don't know if i'd have the patients to read all that tho...

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2010, 11:09 PM

It would have been more amusing if he'd actually gone through with killing Bella. It wouldn't be such a bad concept if he was a little less depressing.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-11-2010, 11:15 PM

I found it! Read it! Hated it. Sorry, the descriptions were the same all the way through. "Big brown eyes in a heart shaped face." Like she copy pasted her descriptions.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2010, 11:27 PM

Yeah. She didn't change much at all. I think it's just an attempt to keep milking the Twilight franchise for all it's worth.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-12-2010, 01:21 AM

Quite possibly. Actually more than possibly, probably.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2010, 03:44 AM

That's the only reason I see her doing it although rumor has it she quit because she's upset some of it got leaked and it's on indefinite hold until she gets over the disappointment...

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-12-2010, 04:32 AM

Yeah, that's what she said. *snigger* She says she's gutted it got leaked, so she's put it on hold for a couple of years...

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2010, 09:29 PM

I'm sorry but that seems rather pathetic to me...as much as I dislike the idea of more twilight related nonsense I don't see why she would be so upset over a leak that she'd quit writing but she never seemed to be very mature to me so what ever.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-12-2010, 11:46 PM

She isn't mature. Simple.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 11-13-2010, 12:43 AM

Midnight Sun is just 'Twilight' from Edwards point of view, and I doubt she would ever re-write the whole series, just the first book. She'd written a lot and it was leaked when only a few people had copies of it. She was then upset about it and has put it on hold for a very very long time now and it was debated whether she would ever touch it again. That doesn't mean she is stopping writing, she will probably doing other projects. I guess if you've been working hard on something and then it gets leaked, your motivation to keep going on it would just fade away, since most people have read it already.

I used to want to wait until she's finished it to see, but I've lost interest in twilight now that there has been so much hype and so much hate about it. It kills the liking for it, but I'd never regret being a twilight fan in the beginning when the movies weren't so big and there was such a disliking for it by a lot of people. Personally I don't see why people need to be so hateful towards something instead of going off and liking something that they like.

Starling.Blackwood
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-13-2010, 02:13 AM

Nope

I promise you it will be riddled with plot holes, spelling errors, grammar errors, inconsistencies and horrible character development.

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 11-13-2010, 12:57 PM

I actually really want her to carry on with this. I enjoy the books and it got me back into reading, so I'd be excited to read Edward's side of it. The part I have read - I couldn't contain myself - I really liked because it all just links together; like when he takes her bottle lid in the cafeteria and then he places it on his piano at home when he plays her lullaby (for the first time, possibly?).

I like stuff like that and I'm a fan regardless of the media's hype/opinions about it. ^^

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-14-2010, 12:17 AM

Personally I have never cared for Twilight and the only reason I'm wary of Midnight Sun is because I live in an area where people practically worship team Edward. I'm not surprised that fans would want to read Midnight Sun and I don't begrudge them that, they can like what they like but I still feel like this is just an attempt by the author to cling to the fame a little longer.