Stickerz x3
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-11-2010, 10:36 PM

and I don't know what to read next. I'm into love and horror kind of stuff and sometimes vampire stories but not Twilight. I have tried reading Harry Potter but I don't find it interesting. What kind of books would you recommend? Any good books you have read recently? Please let me know :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 AM

Have you read Anne Rice? She writes really good vampire books, with a bit of love, sort of.

Stickerz x3
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-12-2010, 03:03 AM

...no :shock: *looks it up on google* :sweat:

Bane Rie
The Mad Writer
Send a message via MSN to Bane Rie Send a message via Yahoo to Bane Rie

Old 12-12-2010, 05:51 AM

I highly suggest Darren Shan. The Cirque du Freak series revolves around vampires, while The Demonata, of course, has demons.

Both are very good and very interesting.

Stickerz x3
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Rie View Post
I highly suggest Darren Shan. The Cirque du Freak series revolves around vampires, while The Demonata, of course, has demons.

Both are very good and very interesting.
I have read The Cirque du Freak series and it's awesome! <3
Any other recommendations? =3

Bane Rie
The Mad Writer
Send a message via MSN to Bane Rie Send a message via Yahoo to Bane Rie

Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 PM

Hm... maybe you could try some Stephen King? He's great, but I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea. His vampire novel is called Salems Lot.

There is also the Vampire Hunter D series by Hideyuki Kikuchi, but that is a bit hard to come by at times and can be a bit confusing.

Then we have Poppy Z Brite, who wrote the amazing Lost Souls! But if you don't like same sex couples and over the top gore, this is not for you either.

Then there are vampire anthologies! There is The Giant Book of Vampires, Vampire Stories by Women, Vampire Archives vol. 1 Blood Suckers and 2. Fangs.

Of course, Dracula goes without saying. There are MANY more, I suggest you look at this nice little site here for more books: Vampire Book Lists and Guide | The Vampire Library

As for horror, I recommended more Brite and King books (ESPECIALLY Misery), as well as John Dies At The End (very strange and interesting!), World War Z (zombies), and American Psycho.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-12-2010, 11:58 PM

Lets see, Anne Rice was already suggested...
hmm.. Sherrilyn Kenyon is really good...Her 'Dark Hunter' Series is pretty dark but it does have romance in it...
Patricia Briggs has a good series with Vampires, Werewolves, and fae (nothing like Twilight though ^.^) It's called the Mercy Thompson series. Mercy is a mechanic, and she's a coyote shifter, trying to fight off the affection of a vampire and a werewolf, but she's confident, tough and a problem solver.
Ellen Schreiber's "Vampire Kisses" series is a 'human teenager falls for vampire'... it's okay. If nothing else she has an amazing writing style.
Karen E. Taylor's 'Vampire Legacy' series is a lovely series. Dark, manipulative, enchanting..

If you want something that really changes an opinion of vampires look for Jeanne Kalogridis' "Children of the Vampire" 'The diaries of the Family Dracul'. It's pretty twisted...

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 12-13-2010, 01:29 AM

Neil Gaiman has a lot of good books, so does Diana Wynne Jones, I recommend those two. :D

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-13-2010, 06:55 AM

I second Diana Wynne Jones. She certainly does have some bizarrely good stories.

sweet windmelody
Cookies is my life!!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 04:30 AM

You should try the Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber, it's pretty good. I read some of Diana Wynne Jones books and they are awesome. :)